Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

What Is The Best Language/platform For Online Games(3d To Be Precise) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is The Best Language/platform For Online Games(3d To Be Precise) (816 Views)

What Is The Best Language For Embedded Systems? / What's The Best Language For Developing A Social App Like Instagram. / Devcenter Launches Job Platform For Software Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Language/platform For Online Games(3d To Be Precise) by henryobinna(m): 6:30am On Jun 15, 2015
Hello, am doing a research of some sort and I want help on which language and or platform is best for online 3D game, online as in games that can be played on a Browser.

Please while stating any language you can do a little favor by giving me pros and cons of each respective language and in possible cite any game that's been done on the language.

Thanks a lot in advance
Re: What Is The Best Language/platform For Online Games(3d To Be Precise) by larisoft: 7:19am On Jun 15, 2015
Am not a game dev; am commenting only so the experts can correct me.

Ordinarily, anything fancy done in a browser is usually JAVASCRIPT.

Other options would be coffeescript..actionscript...and the other waka pass scripts- most of which will require waka-pass plugins like flash and all those plugins your users wouldnt want to install.

Ngwa; correct me guys. This is an interesting question and Am just curious.
Re: What Is The Best Language/platform For Online Games(3d To Be Precise) by henryobinna(m): 8:58am On Jun 15, 2015
larisoft:
Am not a game dev; am commenting only so the experts can correct me.

Other options would be coffeescript..actionscript...and the other waka pass scripts- most of which will require waka-pass plugins like flash and all those plugins your users wouldnt want to install.

Ngwa; correct me guys. This is an interesting question and Am just curious.
nice, some one is also interested
Re: What Is The Best Language/platform For Online Games(3d To Be Precise) by wolexme(m): 9:48am On Jun 15, 2015
larisoft:

you should say anything fancy and event driven in the browser is done by JavaScript.

by convention, anything fancy on the browser is done using CSS . but if u want it triggered through an event, u use js to manipulate the css.
Re: What Is The Best Language/platform For Online Games(3d To Be Precise) by larisoft: 1:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
lol...thats not the type of correction I meant; 'Fancy' is a subjective term and I darn know how javascript differs from css. Thought you'd shed a few words on the matter at hand..i.e. How the hell does one get 3d graphics in a browser?

wolexme:

you should say anything fancy and event driven in the browser is done by JavaScript.

by convention, anything fancy on the browser is done using CSS . but if u want it triggered through an event, u use js to manipulate the css.
Re: What Is The Best Language/platform For Online Games(3d To Be Precise) by losprince(m): 5:31pm On Jun 15, 2015
Html5 css3 javascript c# with a spice of unity 3d cool
Re: What Is The Best Language/platform For Online Games(3d To Be Precise) by henryobinna(m): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
losprince:
Html5 css3 javascript c# with a spice of unity 3d cool
C#?

isn't C# exclusively for windows?

thanks anyway n do you know any game done on these

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Application Providing Solution To Lagos Traffic / Why You Need To Update Your Apple Computer Right Now / You Want To Build A Career In Digital Media Marketing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.