Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue (11455 Views)

"My Husband Smells My Panties Anytime I Come Back From A Journey" — Wife / How My Husband Pushed Me Into Having Sex With Other Men / Anytime I Sleep With Her, I Receive Strange Knock On My Head —husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by Joy1706(f): 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2015
mrsmith11:

I can never defend a man that hits a woman.I wasn't making any comment regarding the post because someone already posted an organisation "project alert" and that was the aim of the thread to get info about an organisation

It was the anuofia she said I was replying to. However some women can avoid abuse if they know how to talk to ther spouse or stop cursing
Oga please there is no excuse for a man to be physically abusive. If he could call someone a hypocrite, why shouldn't I call him anuofia?

Thanks
Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by 5minsmadness: 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2015
Some men are exceptionally violent and hit thier women at the least provocation. This is wrong and should not be encouraged. But saying nothing should make a man hit a woman is just being naive.

The op hasn't told us what she did that made him hit her. It is possible she married a chronic wife beater and hence really needs help. Someone has posted a link to that effect.

It is also possible she is a stubborn woman with a caustic tongue and frankly the man has had enough and feels a good spanking is in order to make her behave herself.

Either way we are all human beings with varying characteristics. If you know what triggers your husband to hit you then kindly refrain from it. If he is a mad man and hits you without reason get people to take him to Psychiatric hospital. Either way settle yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by Joy1706(f): 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2015
freecocoa:
Did you not see the "hypocrite" he wrote? He also made a snide remark by asking if she'll marry the OP, Why didn't you call him out on it but chose to attack her and the women folk in general.

If Pineapp and joy were to get into a brawl now and she got beat badly, it's very obvious who you'll blame because you think she brought it on herself by calling him anuofia.

Men and women should control themselves, verbal abuse is never justification for physical abuse please.
Thank u free cocoa
Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2015
Pineapp:

cheesy
You even beat women too shocked shocked

Holy Mary.

tongue
Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by lilspiceyy(f): 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2015
5minsmadness:

You must be very young to hold on to that belief. Why should a woman provoke her man and not expect to get hit? What makes them so special?
Wat planet are u from? shocked. Do u have a sister at all? SMH. God pls save women from the likes of you.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by lilspiceyy(f): 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
Pineapp:

Unfortunately some women are programmed to learn not to insult a man the hard way.
Pleasssse! She is not a punching bag!

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 15, 2015
Odilafta are you saying is right for a man to hit a woman? Pineapp!!!
Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
this man was probably abusive when you were dating. if he wasn't physically abusive then, he was probably abusive in other ways but you overlooked them or thought he would change. if you don't want his family members involved because they won't do a thing, why don't you want yours involved? not letting family members know will only strengthen his power. you can get an organization involved, if you find one, but you should tell your family members too, for support.

if you don't have kids, leave.
if you have kids, leave, with them.

there's no rule that says you must stay in an abusive marriage by force. he can injure you now, render you physically disabled, or worse, kill you..

avwerosuoo:
i dont want family members involved. as for his people its a no go area cos they will not say anything. i just need an organization that helps in such issues. i want to threaten him, if it doesnt help then i make my next move. i have handed it over to God, but just getting tired, cos u dont know what to say that will aggravate him.
Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by Pineapp: 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2015
Herzumpther:
Odilafta are you saying is right for a man to hit a woman? Pineapp!!!
I'm saying its wrong for a woman to pass boundary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by freecocoa(f): 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2015
Joy1706:

Thank u free cocoa
You are welcome.wink
Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by freecocoa(f): 1:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
mrsmith11:

Well,before God and Man I didn't see the hypocrite until you said it.
However two wrong can't make things right but will only make things worst

I thought women are suppose to be calmer and meek. She doesn't need to reply him the same way to pass a point
No, meekness is not a woman trait, it can and should be possessed by everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by VintageCocktail(m): 2:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
God, I am not gonna invite somebody to this section......so depressing with mind damming stories that is making singlehood very appealing.
Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by snakebeat: 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2015
mrsmith11:

Well,before God and Man I didn't see the hypocrite until you said it.
However two wrong can't make things right but will only make things worst

I thought women are suppose to be calmer and meek. She doesn't need to reply him the same way to pass a point
In d past women were known to be peacemakers, but these days they are more aggressive...
Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by raumdeuter: 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
If you didnt attack him first then you are justified to leave
Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 15, 2015
Lol. People still open threads like this?
Help ko, rescue ni.
Mwtcheeew!

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by funlord(m): 3:32pm On Jun 15, 2015
avwerosuoo:
my husbands always hits me anytime we argue. i cant even talk to him when he is wrong cos he is always defensive and what he says is always right. i ve noticed that this is a pattern. pls i need the contact of any organizations that handle violence against women. i ve been quiet for too long. pls someone should help me.
grin
avwerosuoo:
my husbands always hits me anytime we argue. i cant even talk to him when he is wrong cos he is always defensive and what he says is always right. i ve noticed that this is a pattern. pls i need the contact of any organizations that handle violence against women. i ve been quiet for too long. pls someone should help me.

The SOMEONE that can help YOU is either a BARRISTER or a JUDGE! Or maybe you should start taking KARATE lessons!

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by snakebeat: 3:32pm On Jun 15, 2015
5minsmadness:
Some men are exceptionally violent and hit thier women at the least provocation. This is wrong and should not be encouraged. But saying nothing should make a man hit a woman us just being naive.

The op hasn't told her what she did that made him hit her. It is possible she married a chronic wife beater and hence really needs help. Someone has posted a link to that effect.

It is also possible she is a stubborn woman with a caustic tongue and frankly the man has had enough and feels a good spanking is in order to make her behave herself.

Either way we are all human beings with varying characteristics. If you know what triggers your husband to hit you then kindly refrain from it. If he is a mad man and hits you without reason get people to take him to Psychiatric hospital. Either way settle yourself.
U're a very sensible fellow.
Unbiased & down to earth.
May God continue to enrich u with wisdom...

4 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by snakebeat: 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2015
FrancisTony:
I thought women love an ALPHA male according to some guys in this section?.

Isn't this one of their so-called traits? As in, women need tough hand/love....Why are you complaining?.

Still waiting for the day, a Nairaland female will come to complain that she wants to leave her marriage because her husband is too quiet and respects her. grin

Anyway, OP, I'll advice you to tell his family first to see their reaction(s) - if they support him, just tell your parent and leave the marriage, biko.
So ur own definition of an alpha male is a woman beater?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by snakebeat: 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Ahen another one don come o grin
Mr fists that cannot be kept to himself. He has to beat to show he's a man grin
E for kuku beat this one na grin
Sharrraap!!!!!!!! grin

How can u tag someone a woman beater, literally on d premise of comments alone.
Are u sure u're a man? U sound like a woman. he is saying d truth, d post is obviously bias. Too many females hiding behind male monikers in this section sef...
Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by SAMBARRY: 5:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
snakebeat:

Sharrraap!!!!!!!! grin

How can u tag someone a woman beater, literally on d premise of comments alone.
Are u sure u're a man? U sound like a woman. he is saying d truth, d post is obviously bias. Too many females hiding behind male monikers in this section sef...
you to Sharap and tell me another story grin

are you that hungry for violence
Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by 5minsmadness: 5:43pm On Jun 15, 2015
lilspiceyy:

Wat planet are u from? shocked. Do u have a sister at all? SMH. God pls save women from the likes of you.
Abeg answer my question or sit down. Why should a woman not be hit if she provoked the man?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
snakebeat:

So ur own definition of an alpha male is a woman beater?

Col....onel27:
Bad boy refers to that guy that has at least one of this xteristics: brilliance, rich, good looks. He is an ALPHA male. He does not see ladies as a special being (doesnt take shit from girls) though he has a way of making thrm special when they are around, flirty, he is loyal to just one person (which is himself), quite insensitive, fun to be around,etc
grin
Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by dinachi(m): 6:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
Domestic violence is a very serious matter but I have found out many times that most people who are victims are usually people who have terrible character and caustic tongues. Sometimes, they also start the violence by engaging in highly provocative acts like pushing or shoving their husband when they are angry or even threathning their husbands. Some even go as far as preventing the man from leaving the house to cool off . Some will sieze the mans car keys and dare him to take it back others will lock the man in and dare him to break the door.
Most of the time women who are beaten up asked for it with their eyes wide open and their arms outstrechted!
Yet except in self defence, the man is supposed to reign himself in. Because men are not human. They are supposed to be Angels who can do no wrong! If a woman can not reign herself in and keep her tongue and hands in check being human, how then does she think another human being will be able to reign himself in? It is what it is! One trillion legislations will never stop domestic violence unless some people realize that we are all humans and treat everybody with respect. The woman who abuses her husband and the man who beats his wife are BOTH guilty of abuse. So Op until I hear from your husband or you tell exactly what the situation is nobody will be able to give a good advice.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by lilspiceyy(f): 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2015
5minsmadness:

Abeg answer my question or sit down. Why should a woman not be hit if she provoked the man?
Y wld I be having a conversation wit a mad man? angry (which is yur name by the way) Abeg Bleep off

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 15, 2015
5minsmadness:

You must be very young to hold on to that belief. Why should a woman provoke her man and not expect to get hit? What makes them so special?

Do you -women-beaters- hit MObile POLice Officers when they provoke you? When they ask you to roll in the gutter with your suit, do you punch them?

Why not man up and flex your muscles man to man when faced with a depressed red-eyed trigger happy Uniformed man?. No, all your energy is reserved for beating up a woman half your size. That's so manly, it gives me the shivers.

7 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by Familyfirst: 6:33pm On Jun 15, 2015
avwerosuoo:
You need to see a counsellor fast and I pray he follows you. I also advise you to visit:
www.familyparliament.com for advise and contact of people that may help.
Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by dinachi(m): 6:37pm On Jun 15, 2015
Gaborone:

Do you -women-beaters- hit MObile POLice Officers when they provoke you? When they ask you to roll in the gutter with your suit, do you punch them?
Why not man up and flex your muscles man to man when faced with a depressed red-eyed trigger happy Uniformed man?. No, all your energy is reserved for beating up a woman half your size. That's so manly, it gives me the shivers.
You miss the point entirely! He is not married to trigger happy red eyed mobile police officers.
And even at that people have beaten up mobile police and military officers before!.The question is why do you make it your life call to provoke your husbands and dare them to beat you? When you can't provoke police and red eyed military officers the same way?
If you can't hold your mouth how then do you expect somebody else to hold back their hands. You do not have self control but you expect your husband to have.You are a hypocrite!

5 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by 5minsmadness: 6:50pm On Jun 15, 2015
snakebeat:

U're a very sensible fellow.
Unbiased & down to earth.
May God continue to enrich u with wisdom...
Amen jo.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by simpleseyi: 6:52pm On Jun 15, 2015
lilspiceyy:
On no account should any man hit a woman angry please madam just leave dat marriage before you end up in a coffin.

Even if the woman's tongue is sharper than razor blade?
Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by Stillfire: 6:58pm On Jun 15, 2015
avwerosuoo:

Found this site below. Never ever keep quiet about domestic violence!

http://projectalertnig.org/contact.html
http://projectalertnig.org/about.html

Contact
Project Alert on Violence Against Women (PROJECT ALERT)

Address: 21, Akinsanya Street
Off Isheri Road, Taiwo Bus stop (Behind FRSC)
Ojodu - Berger
P.O.Box 15456, Ikeja
Lagos, Nigeria

Telephone/E-mail: 234-1-8209387; 08052004698; 08180091072
projectalert@projectalertnig.org
info@projectalertnig.org

ABUJA OFFICE
26 Bamenda Street, Off Abidjan Street,
Wuse Zone 3
Telephone: 234 -8708618

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by SAMBARRY: 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
It has been dhik whipped that's why grin
freecocoa:
In other words, it's okay to beat up a woman for supposedly insulting a man na. Don't you know what Pineapp wrote is also an insult? He called her a hypocrite so he started it.

You seem to love faulting women, weldone o.
Re: Help, My Husband Hits Me Anytime We Argue by SAMBARRY: 7:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
Lol.i knew that for every 10 irritant there will be one reasonable human being

op that's what you are asking for below me grin
Stillfire:

Found this site below. Never ever keep quiet about domestic violence!

http://projectalertnig.org/contact.html
http://projectalertnig.org/about.html

Contact
Project Alert on Violence Against Women (PROJECT ALERT)

Address: 21, Akinsanya Street
Off Isheri Road, Taiwo Bus stop (Behind FRSC)
Ojodu - Berger
P.O.Box 15456, Ikeja
Lagos, Nigeria

Telephone/E-mail: 234-1-8209387; 08052004698; 08180091072
projectalert@projectalertnig.org
info@projectalertnig.org

ABUJA OFFICE
26 Bamenda Street, Off Abidjan Street,
Wuse Zone 3
Telephone: 234 -8708618

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Depressed House Wife Needs Urgent Advice / Please Advise! Heavy Menstrual Period!!! / How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.