Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,874 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

7 Common Words Used By Nigerians - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 7 Common Words Used By Nigerians (1354 Views)

8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad / This Jewellery Is Used By Most Tribes For Adornment / BBC Lists Out The Most Common ‘unruly’ Behaviours Displayed By Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Common Words Used By Nigerians by lexiie(f): 8:59am On Jun 15, 2015
Hey readers , how is your day going . So i thought about how unique Nigerians are and realized that there are certain words that are commonly used by an average Nigerian daily ,if not all .

Here they are :
GOD
very common phrase. I don't think there is a day that goes by without most Nigerians calling God in their sentence. For example

'Oh My God!!!'
'There is God o!'
#askanigerian

Strike

OK strike might not be an everyday used phrase but it is a very common occurrence in Nigeria . For example usual ASUU Strike , NUC Strike , recent fuel marketers strike, etc.

Strike is a major phrase , verb or message that the Nigerian Government seems to understand and act upon. #askanigerian

Nepa

If you live in Nigeria, then there is no day that goes by without calling that name. Either to praise them or mostly to abuse , insult or rain curses on them.

Nepa (National Electric Power Authority)was an organization that govern the use of electricity in Nigeria but was privatized as The Power Holding Company of Nigeria PHCN.

For example when nepa brings the light , everybody shouts up-Nepa , but when the light goes off you hear insults , curses on them. lol very funny i guess. I must confess i am very guilty of this.

We are all guilty of this , do you agree ? #askanigerian

Fuel

Of recent in my chart and analysis , fuel is now a very common word used by a Nigerian daily. Fuel is used for virtually everything as the electricity state of Nigeria is poor.

We use fuel for our cars, for our generators etc. Have you ever stayed a day without using fuel ? #askanigerian

Money
Check out the rest here :http://www.evatese.com/2015/06/15/7-common-word-used-by-nigerians/

So i have listed words commonly used by Nigerians. Do you have any more words that you feel is common among Nigerians ? Please drop them in the comment box below and it would be added to the list

Re: 7 Common Words Used By Nigerians by Nellizzy(m): 9:02am On Jun 15, 2015
are u trying to say this shit is educative?
Re: 7 Common Words Used By Nigerians by kodded(m): 9:08am On Jun 15, 2015
"mumu"

undecided
Re: 7 Common Words Used By Nigerians by absoluteSuccess: 10:18am On Jun 15, 2015
8th common word na change. Good thinking op.

(1) (Reply)

Itsekiri Nation Mourns Olu Of Warri, Names Prince Ikenwole Emiko Successor / Ooni Of Ife, Wife, 3 Others To Float Local & International Airline / Ogun Ibile Awön Baba Wa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.