Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,381 members, 7,808,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Volkswagen LT (28, 35, 40, 55) Buses Issues Both Diesel And Petrol Engines - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volkswagen LT (28, 35, 40, 55) Buses Issues Both Diesel And Petrol Engines (12020 Views)

Nigeria To Reduce Sulphur Content In Petrol, Diesel And Kerosene Effective July / LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com / Innoson Motors Vehicles Used As Shuttle Buses In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volkswagen LT (28, 35, 40, 55) Buses Issues Both Diesel And Petrol Engines by emperoracro(m): 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
Siena:
For starters, the questions you're asking here can't really get answers with any degree of accuracy.

I see someone asked you to take a picture of the engine, and post it here. You haven't done that. You are asking how to check cylinder compression. Well, I've got news for you. Checking the cylinder compression in a diesel engine is very different from doing the same in a gasoline engine. Different tools, different approach, not a DIY job either.

You don't even know the engine code, or spec. So what would you compare your compression test results with, assuming you were able to do it?

You're talking about buying rings "first", then trying things out. That is the best way to chuck money away. You might as well put a bunch of Naira notes into a blast furnace, and watch them burn. If you're having new rings fitted, you can't just "buy a set". The engine will first need to be stripped, the bores checked, and bored out to the next oversize if they are damaged. This will mean either new oversize pistons and rings, or if a very slight increase in bore size, matched rings with your existing pistons. You can't simply guess what is needed.

Putting new rings in will also require a full gasket set, and new cylinder head bolts. You can NOT reuse the old ones, as they are stretch bolts. The cylinder head gasket also comes in 3 different thicknesses, depending on how much the head has been skimmed by, assuming it's been apart and worked on in the past.

Take your LT to a shop that know what they're dong. Otherwise you might as well scrap it / sell it for spare parts.

Good luck.
Am so sorry i haven't posted the pix, i usually get home late daily.

Re: Volkswagen LT (28, 35, 40, 55) Buses Issues Both Diesel And Petrol Engines by billionjoys: 2:05pm On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Volkswagen LT (28, 35, 40, 55) Buses Issues Both Diesel And Petrol Engines by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 28, 2015
billionjoys:
Pls, Siena or any other person that can help,
I need your help to have a full details about the Golf 3 with this engine number: ENGINE: ZE161363.

Surely you mean 2E? Not ZE.
Re: Volkswagen LT (28, 35, 40, 55) Buses Issues Both Diesel And Petrol Engines by billionjoys: 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2015
Re: Volkswagen LT (28, 35, 40, 55) Buses Issues Both Diesel And Petrol Engines by billionjoys: 1:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
Re: Volkswagen LT (28, 35, 40, 55) Buses Issues Both Diesel And Petrol Engines by labiboy: 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
Please help me i have a golf 2 that has been changed to golf 3 engine the only problem am having with the car is that when i drive it all the time it will be jercking please advice me on what i should do. my number is 08026557834 or ample23401@yahoo.com. Please oooo my people make i enjoy the car. Thx love u all
Re: Volkswagen LT (28, 35, 40, 55) Buses Issues Both Diesel And Petrol Engines by GuiltySpark343(m): 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2015
emperoracro:
I have a VW LT 28 Diesel engine with turbo, have been searching for a thread /forum of people using the same range of bus,pls lets this issues on these buses here. Thanks

Currently am battling with low acceleration problem, have changed d filters, still same, i later learnt its d injectors.I wil fix dat today

Low acceleration is caused by low compresion ratio, now since your mechanic doesnot know that change him
Re: Volkswagen LT (28, 35, 40, 55) Buses Issues Both Diesel And Petrol Engines by emperoracro(m): 8:24pm On Aug 31, 2015
GuiltySpark343:

Low acceleration is caused by low compresion ratio, now since your mechanic doesnot know that change him
Found d problem, there was a piece of paper in the tank that was preventing gas flow
Re: Volkswagen LT (28, 35, 40, 55) Buses Issues Both Diesel And Petrol Engines by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
emperoracro:
Found d problem, there was a piece of paper in the tank that was preventing gas flow

Gas flow in a DIESEL engine?
Re: Volkswagen LT (28, 35, 40, 55) Buses Issues Both Diesel And Petrol Engines by emperoracro(m): 7:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
Siena:

Gas flow in a DIESEL engine?
Diesel flow
Re: Volkswagen LT (28, 35, 40, 55) Buses Issues Both Diesel And Petrol Engines by kaybababa: 7:44am On May 07, 2016
House Pls I need good diesel LT 35 mechanic for this my bus

Re: Volkswagen LT (28, 35, 40, 55) Buses Issues Both Diesel And Petrol Engines by anikulapo70: 7:34am On Nov 09, 2016
For starters, the questions you're asking here can't really get answers with any degree of accuracy.

I see someone asked you to take a picture of the engine, and post it here. You haven't done that. You are asking how to check cylinder compression. Well, I've got news for you. Checking the cylinder compression in a diesel engine is very different from doing the same in a gasoline engine. Different tools, different approach, not a DIY job either.

You don't even know the engine code, or spec. So what would you compare your compression test results with, assuming you were able to do it?

You're talking about buying rings "first", then trying things out. That is the best way to chuck money away. You might as well put a bunch of Naira notes into a blast furnace, and watch them burn. If you're having new rings fitted, you can't just "buy a set". The engine will first need to be stripped, the bores checked, and bored out to the next oversize if they are damaged. This will mean either new oversize pistons and rings, or if a very slight increase in bore size, matched rings with your existing pistons. You can't simply guess what is needed.

Putting new rings in will also require a full gasket set, and new cylinder head bolts. You can NOT reuse the old ones, as they are stretch bolts. The cylinder head gasket also comes in 3 different thicknesses, depending on how much the head has been skimmed by, assuming it's been apart and worked on in the past.

Take your LT to a shop that know what they're dong. Otherwise you might as well scrap it / sell it for spare parts.

Good luck.
Please can you assist with competent mechanics on the particular model of an engine
Thank

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja Lokoja Kabba Ilorin - Route Recommendation and Advice (PIC INSIDE) / 5 Most Commonly Replaced Car Parts / 5 Auto Parts Potholes Can Destroy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.