Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Accidental Victim - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Accidental Victim (200308 Views)

Fiction Story: Inheritance Is Accidental / Let The Thread Face The Cut! (between The Rapist And The Victim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accidental Victim by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
Abeg no let dis sunday pass by without update...@ OP
Re: Accidental Victim by hfinest1(m): 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2015
wow... there's someone in d sss giving info to d Taliban group.... what could be worse...... Staci Samuel don spoil show I swr.... dioxidane baba, you're d best bro.... I wish to write like u one day o....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Ipheyemmy01(m): 4:57pm On Jul 26, 2015
Your are doing great bro, more grease to your elbow. The story line is the true reflection of our society where the cabals have their agents planted all over government ministries and agencies to dish out secret information.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by Rich4god(m): 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
Dat Mr Daniel dey very useless.... How can he be this foolish...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by eunisam: 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
seunmsg:
The superintendent of police made a big mistake in revealing the name of the under cover officer to the SSS. He should have used a code name when sharing such a very sensitive information with another security agency. When running an under cover agent in such a manner described in the story, the agent should be referred to using only the code name and not their real name. This little mistake has put the agents life under serious risk.

Honestly,I was wondering why a police officer will be running his mouth like pipe-line.even me an ordinary civilian can;t give vital information like that.anyway she did a good work by retrieving that infor from the officer.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by eunisam: 9:55pm On Jul 26, 2015
most of the time we do what we do without knowing the implication of it.
Rich4god:
Dat Mr Daniel dey very useless.... How can he be this foolish...
Re: Accidental Victim by eunisam: 9:58pm On Jul 26, 2015
Dioxidane:
Contd.
Dioxidane
Dioxidane
Dioxidane
Dioxidane

You have called me back to literature section by opening this story.I like it pls ride on
Re: Accidental Victim by bronich: 10:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
Dioxidane:
Contd.

"Hello Mr President...", Col. Coker said as he collected the phone from the agent.

"That's true sir, it's a very delicate situation and we are doing all we can to resolve it..."

"No sir, it wouldn't get to that..."

"We actually have a new asset and it is hoped that it would go a long way in helping us resolve the issue as soon as possible..."

"Yes sir, we have all the resources we need..."

"Mr President, I'm giving you the assurance that the Taliban group would soon be a thing of the past in this country..."

"I'm not trying to be vague sir, but I'm confident that we would soon eradicate them from our country and there would be no traces of them left..."

"Yes sir. Plans are already been made to move close to the site and coordinate with the military for a possible incursion..."

"Yes sir. The hostages are our primary concern. In fact that's why we are making plans for a covert operation prior to the main incursion..."

"Most likely they would be rescued during that operation..."

"Yes sir. I'll put that in mind..."

"Yes sir. We were expecting their call, but they didn't call eventually..."

"I didn't want to bother you with that sir. We've already worked out the modalities here..."

"I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean it that way sir..."

"Yes sir, I understand..."

"I'm sure it wouldn't get to that sir..."

"No sir. I've not spoken with him since the video was released..."

"Yes sir. I'll send regular updates as the operation progresses..."

"Oh, that's very good sir. It definitely helps with the easy coordination between our two agencies..."

"Yes Mr President..."

"Thank you very much sir..."

"Goodbye sir."

Col. Coker heaved a sigh of relieve as he ended the call with the President. Mr Daniel looked askance at him as he didn't understand their conversation. 'Is this man thinking of going to the Taliban camp?', he thought.

Col. Coker looked at him and understood the obvious confusion written on his face. 'Do you have the phone you use in communicating with Mr Mustapha?', he asked facing Supt. Ridwan. 'No sir', he replied, 'it's with his handler'. 'And how can we get it?', he asked again. 'Should I call him to bring it over?', Supt. Ridwan asked. 'It wouldn't be necessary Superintendent, we would be going over there.'

'Mr Daniel, please select six of your most trusted agents and call the pilot. We leave for Mangali in an hour time', Col. Coker said facing Mr Daniel.

Mr Daniel was surprised at Col. Coker's sudden rash decision. It was obvious on his face. He couldn't help but ask, 'Sir, don't you think we need more men? Just six operatives might not be able to accomplish this mission.'

'Don't worry', Col. Coker said, 'we are to coordinate with the military in this operation. They would provide all the manpower we need.'

Mr Daniel nodded. 'No problem sir, I would make all the preparations', he said as he walked out of the cubicle.

Mr Daniel went back into the situation room and saw some of the agents still clacking on keyboards and some sitting on the chairs, obviously waiting for instructions.

'Where is TL1?', he asked to no one in particular. 'He stepped out just now', one of the agents sitting close to him responded. 'Find him and tell him to see me immediately', he said to him. 'Yes sir', the agent responded as he got up to call TL1.

'So how did it go?', Staci Samuel asked as she walked in after Mr Daniel into his office. He shook his head and said, 'Not too good. We have to go to Mangali in an hour time. Call the pilot and inform him.' 'Ok sir', she said. Then she continued, 'but sir, is it not too rash going down there? Wouldn't it be better just to give them what they want and get the hostages back? Besides, it's not like we have more information than what we already have.'

'We do actually', he said. 'Really?', she asked. 'Yes. There is a police officer presently undercover in the Taliban camp. We hope to take advantage of the information he is able to give.' 'A police officer undercover in the Taliban camp? What's his name?', she asked.

Mr Daniel was about responding when they both heard a knock on the door. 'Come in', they both said simultaneously. TL1 walked in.

'You sent for me sir', he said. 'Yes I did', Mr Daniel replied, 'prepare your team. We leave for Mangali in one hour.' 'Yes sir', TL1 replied. He turned and was about opening the door when Mr Daniel called out to him, 'TL1'. 'Yes sir', TL1 responded and turned back. 'Tell no one else about this', Mr Daniel said. 'Yes sir', TL1 replied and he walked out of the office.

Mr Daniel went to the mini wardrobe in his office where he kept his kit in cases of emergency. He brought out a small bag and was arranging his kit when Staci came beside him and joined him in arranging the bag. 'That reminds me sir', she said, 'you were telling me about the undercover police officer in the Taliban camp.' 'Yes. His name is Mustapha... something. Can't remember his surname', Mr Daniel replied. 'And he hasn't been detected since', she asked again. 'Not that I know of. In fact I'm sure he would be influential in the plans the Colonel is making', Mr Daniel replied. She nodded and didn't say anything.

They completed arranging the kit and he was good to go. 'Keep me abreast with any information that comes through', he told her as he walked out of the office. 'Yes sir', she replied.

Immediately she confirmed that they had boarded the plane, Staci Samuel went to her desk. She unlocked the lowest drawer and tried pulling off something that was stuck beneath the drawer above it. She pulled off the tape used in sticking it and pulled out a phone.

The phone had a device attached to it used in encrypting all calls in and out of it. She switched it on and dialed the only number programmed in it. She waited for twenty seconds after which she heard two beeps. 'What do you have for me?', a voice said at the other end of the line. 'You have an undercover police officer in your midst', she said. 'What is his name?', the voice asked. 'Mustapha', she replied. 'Hmm... Noted!', the voice said. 'One more thing', she said. 'What is it?', the voice asked. 'They are organizing a covert operation to rescue the hostages, after which there would be a full scale attack', she replied. 'Let them try', the voice said and she heard two beeps on the phone which signified an end in the transmission.

Staci Samuel switched off the phone, stuck it back to the lower part the drawer above the last drawer and walked out of the office.

T.B.C Lobatan!

Good night ladies, guys... Wishing y'all a lovely weekend...
Re: Accidental Victim by zimoni(f): 10:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
Mr Daniel is nothing but a puzzi. The Sup should have given them fake name and different gender(female).

What an interesting story, this story would make an interestibg movie if shot into movie.

Let me call The Mama of Nairaland to help us move this story to Literature Section.

Ishilove Mama, ejorr please move this story to the Literature Section. The OP has changed his mind. Thanks Ma'am.

Dioxidane, you are The Man. Would love to meet you someday.

Still, I follow patiently.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
bronich:
You quoted the long update

This is why they banned gabazin080 on Onihaxy's thread undecided

Try this one more time and experience what is called [size=35pt]ban[/size]

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
Babe tracking mode
Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Accidental Victim by SexySapphire(f): 11:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
How could Mr Daniel be so stupid and gullible? Imagine how he just blew up a covert mission by being so careless with his talk. Poor Mustapha's underground works just went down the drain and his life is even at a risk now. I'm so mad at Daniel.

Good job Dioxidane. At least this story will continually bring me to the lit section that has gone cold for a while now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Onemansquad(m): 8:38am On Jul 27, 2015
seunmsg:
The superintendent of police made a big mistake in revealing the name of the under cover officer to the SSS. He should have used a code name when sharing such a very sensitive information with another security agency. When running an under cover agent in such a manner described in the story, the agent should be referred to using only the code name and not their real name. This little mistake has put the agents life under serious risk.
and that is the problem we have wit our security agents even in 9ja here ''deceit and lack of intelligence''
Re: Accidental Victim by Onemansquad(m): 8:41am On Jul 27, 2015
dioxidane u need to change some plots in this your story cox it's jst like u ar narrating what we are facing in nigeria presently
Re: Accidental Victim by Joenyam(m): 10:47am On Jul 27, 2015
Meenah15:
@joenyam.....of course i care about myself....m sure u guys hear a lot of scary stories about Maid(plus plenty exagerations) buh we'r living our normal lifes jx being security concious hopin n prayin dah ol dese massacre wud come to an end

May God protect u and all of us!!
Re: Accidental Victim by Rich4god(m): 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
eunisam:
most of the time we do what we do without knowing the implication of it.
This man at his level should know that even if he coughs, it has an implication. The man shld hv smelt something fishy immediately Staci asked for the name of the under cover agent....

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2015
Rich4god:
This man at his level should know that even if he coughs, it has an implication. The man shld hv smelt something fishy immediately Staci asked for the name of the under cover agent....

even me suspected

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by Niwdog(m): 3:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
I just hope they have many mustafars in the taliban camp.. .Coker is embarking on a wasteful journey
Re: Accidental Victim by virtuedagirl(f): 6:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
Dioxidane Wow! wat a beautiful story u've got here. More inspiraton& plenty mb to ur phone, pls sir keep d updates coming..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 6:37pm On Jul 27, 2015
Chapter Eleven

Deep within the Taliban camp, Mustapha Danladi was worried. He sat in the dining stall but he lost his appetite due to the events he feared were about to occur. Several hours before, the video had been transmitted and he wondered the kind of uproar it would have generated. So many thoughts ran through his head as he slowly tried to munch the food in his mouth.

"What if the government doesn't bulge in releasing the prisoners?..."

"Would the hostages really be beheaded?..."

"They obviously must have seen the video..."

"What plans are they making?..."

"Would there be any rescue operation?..."

"The charade of these terrorists have continued for far too long..."

"It has to stop!"

'I need to know what they are doing about this!', he muttered as he stamped his fists on the table in front of him.

He was shocked at the noise it made and he looked around to see if anyone noticed. He saw some men clustered in groups, some eating, some laughing at jokes being told and some polishing their weapons. He was unnoticed. He was alone.

He got up, picked up the rifle he placed on the table earlier and went out of the stall into the sun. The sun was biting really hard, so he squinted his eyes and adjusted his turban to prevent the sun from touching some parts of his face.

He looked around and noticed everyone was going about their normal activities. No one noticed him. He saw some men passing by with their rifles slung around their shoulders and he greeted them. They responded and continued their way.

It was midday and it was time for a change in shift. The men who were on morning duty were being replaced by those on afternoon duty. He was on night duty so he was free to do whatever he liked till it was night, except of course if there was an attack or any other emergency arose.

Mustapha walked some paces towards the end of the northern part of the clearing in the forest. He stopped to look behind him several times to know if anyone was following him. No one noticed. No one even cared. At least not until they were ordered to.

When he got to the end of the clearing which led to the path where he hid his box, he looked behind him to check if anyone concentrated their gaze on him. No one did. But he didn't want to take chances, so he slung his rifle over his shoulder and made the act of loosing the rope of his trousers.

He looked behind him, but no one still cared so he went into the forest with the thought that anyone who caught sight of him might think he was going to respond to the call of nature.

The marks he made on the trees leading to his hideout were made more visible only to him by the penetrating rays of sunlight through the top of the trees into the forest and it made locating the point easier. But he still didn't want to take any chances. After walking several paces, he bent down behind some shrubs, pretending he was taking a leak, while still looking around to know if anyone was watching or following him. He didn't see anyone so he got up and continued on his way.

When he got to the tree, he scanned around to see if anyone followed. He was satisfied no one did, so he crouched and moved the dry leaves he used in covering the small box containing the device. He opened the box, connected the device to the phone and pressed a button. He waited for several seconds before he heard a voice.

'Mustapha Danladi', the voice said.

He was shocked! That was not his handler's voice and he had never spoken to anyone except him. 'What the hell is happening?', he thought.

'Who is this?', he asked with frown on his face.

"This is Superintendent Ridwan. I'm sure you must have heard about me..."

"Yes sir..."

"You are on with Col. Coker, the DG of the State Security Services... What's the situation over there?"

"The situation here is dicey sir. I'm sure you must have seen the video."

"Yes we have. In fact we are currently in Mangali prepping for an incursion before the deadline."

"You are in Mangali right now?"

"Yes we are. How's the security situation over there? Vulnerable?"

"Can't say for now sir. Would have to carry out feasibility studies of all security stations to determine exact points of vulnerability."

"Noted. How are the hostages?"

"They were still holding up the last time I saw them..."

"Did you identify with them?"

"I did with the male..."

"Ok. Do all you can to make sure they are safe no matter what."

"I understand sir..."

"When do we hope to get the report?"

"In two hours sir..."

"Two hours? Make it an hour thirty minutes..."

"I'll do my best sir..."

Suddenly Mustapha heard a rustle of leaves behind him. He looked back and he was shocked....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by guntranno(f): 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2015
Oh FTC

2 Likes

Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2015
This is a great story bro, it reminds me of 24.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2015
Dioxidane:

Suddenly Mustapha heard a rustle of leaves behind him. He looked back and he was shocked....

Yeh! iku de !!! shocked

3 Likes

Re: Accidental Victim by Mekky05(m): 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2015
Damn! Mustapha has been made. All thanks to Mr Daniels "covert" Secretary,Staci samuels. Dioxidane,keep it coming bro.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by onuwaje(m): 8:09pm On Jul 27, 2015
Am fearing...
Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2015
this your girlfriend make sense oo@ur profile pix#lol.
Re: Accidental Victim by Mickeysho(m): 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2015
OP, am waiting anxious.
Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
merikims:

grin
Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
So sorry ladies, guys, something just came up... Wouldn't be able to drop more updates tonight. Would continue tomorrow...

Goodnight.

@Merikims, **clears throat** she's not my girl friend... I'm not even her friend, yet... Still hoping to be...
Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
Dioxidane:
So sorry ladies, guys, something just came up... Wouldn't be able to drop more updates tonight. Would continue tomorrow...

Goodnight.

@Merikims, **clears throat** she's not my girl friend... I'm not even her friend, yet... Still hoping to be...
lol I guess u are just colleagues with benefit of taking pix.
Re: Accidental Victim by nastyd(m): 9:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
merikims:

u look way beta missy..

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (43) (Reply)

Oga Landlord 21+ / Nigerian Politics: How To Publish A Book On Nigerian Politics / Choices: Another Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.