Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Accidental Victim - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Accidental Victim (200301 Views)

Fiction Story: Inheritance Is Accidental / Let The Thread Face The Cut! (between The Rapist And The Victim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accidental Victim by hfinest1(m): 9:47pm On Jul 27, 2015
Dioxidane:

Suddenly Mustapha heard a rustle of leaves behind him. He looked back and he was shocked....
Mustapha is dead and gone to the grave.... hmmmm ah... gone to the gravegrin

dioxidane fire on.... more greece.... sorry, grease to ur elbow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by zimoni(f): 10:02pm On Jul 27, 2015
RIP Mustapha.

What an interesting story.

Still, I follow.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by saxwizard(m): 10:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
dioxidane whrre u stop is nt good
u wan gv person heart attack ni....update shaperly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 9:36am On Jul 28, 2015
This story reminded me of 1872 in Botswana when I was small cool

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by ademoladeji(m): 10:02am On Jul 28, 2015
guntranno:
Oh FTC

And so? grin
Re: Accidental Victim by ademoladeji(m): 10:02am On Jul 28, 2015
Hawlahscho:
This story reminded me of 1872 in Botswana when I was small cool

You no dey taya Ola?
Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 10:06am On Jul 28, 2015
ademoladeji:

You no dey taya Ola?

cool cool
Re: Accidental Victim by guntranno(f): 10:14am On Jul 28, 2015
ademoladeji:

And so? grin

mtshweww
Re: Accidental Victim by lumzybo: 12:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hmmmmn....

Now that we are here...
Re: Accidental Victim by Naturehibrid(m): 4:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
Oga mustapha na gobe u enter so. My people say person wey devil remember even banana go comot him teeth. Great work op

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by nceedaga(m): 4:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
Dioxidane u dint tell us mustapha was an arsenal fan.... rip gooner.
Re: Accidental Victim by kwencypresh(f): 4:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
Rip to Mustapha
in advance sha
Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
Been following since day 1 but never read... So damn lazy.. Can someone please summarize it? cry
Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 5:07pm On Jul 28, 2015
Blossom023:
Been following since day 1 but never read... So damn lazy.. Can someone please summarize it? cry

what is summarize
Re: Accidental Victim by bidexmat(m): 5:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
Na wa o. Oga musty try, u sef imagine say sss send pesin go spy on BH guys for their camp make e be say as son of man enter their midst like jack bauer, man pikin fone jst kon ring! and wetin kon deh ringtone na, " J e s u s.. Lamb.. Of God, worthy is your naaaa....aaame!" grin
I no even pray dis kain tin for my enemy! embarassed "Does sign of cross and runs out of thread*

2 Likes

Re: Accidental Victim by oghenekome51(f): 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
Bros D, u av a new reader here o, so do me a favour of updating!
Besides, so far, dis story has been worth reading! Sincerely, ure awesome! If dis story happens to b a movie, i would watch and watch it all over again! Very wonderful!
Make ur head no swell sha o! Come nd update!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Mekky05(m): 6:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
oghenekome51:
Bros D, u av a new reader here o, so do me a favour of updating!
Besides, so far, dis story has been worth reading! Sincerely, ure awesome! If dis story happens to b a movie, i would watch and watch it all over again! Very wonderful!
Make ur head no swell sha o! Come nd update!
. Hello pretty african queen..
Re: Accidental Victim by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:44pm On Jul 28, 2015
O boy eeeh! Na konfam Aregbese be dis oh. Kai! Mustapha
Re: Accidental Victim by Missmossy(f): 11:01pm On Jul 28, 2015
Such an enthralling piece,kudos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by GoldenBelle(f): 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
Woah!!!!

Your writing technique is super!
no detail is ignored.
Your descriptive and narrative prose is just too good.
You are simply good and rare.
Am glad i came across these.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Nawtiblayse(m): 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2015
Meenah15:
*finally outa ghostmode*....thanks for the update.....
Re: Accidental Victim by daholiest(m): 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2015
Updates o, pls. Nice work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 7:29pm On Jul 29, 2015
Contd.

Suddenly Mustapha heard a rustle of leaves behind him. He looked back and he was shocked.

Standing behind him was one of the men he saw earlier walking past him. The man's rifle was pointed at him. 'How the hell did he get here?', Mustapha thought.

'What are you doing there?', the man asked with a suspicious look on his face. Mustapha was silent. 'What do you have there with you?', the man asked again. Mustapha still kept mute.

Mustapha scanned around to see if there was any other person around. He didn't see anyone. He looked around carefully once more, but he still didn't see anyone. The man was alone. He wondered if he was trailed by the man or he was just there by happenstance.

Mustapha quickly figured out that the man might not have seen or heard him on the phone, else he would have raised an alarm. They had a particular way of whistling to attract attention or give signal of impending danger. He knew the man must have been trying to figure out what was happening because the phone was still with him and he caught the man taking short glances at the box which was slightly obscured by the dry grasses. He couldn't let the man leave the forest alive, else his cover would be blown.

The man was still staring at Mustapha while obviously waiting for the response to his questions. Mustapha knew that the best form of defense was to attack, but he couldn't attack him while his weapon was still pointed at him. He couldn't risk the sound of a gun going off as that could draw attention to him and all hell would be let loose.

'So you now trail someone when he wants to respond to the call of nature?', Mustapha asked with a frown on his face. 'Call of nature, huh?', the man asked with a scowl on his face. 'And what is that in your hand', he asked again while still waving his rifle toward the direction of Mustapha's hand.

'Oh, this?', Mustapha asked while withdrawing his hand from his back where he hid it, 'I just found this in a box here while I wanted to take a leak, and I was wondering who put it there. Is it for you?'

'Huh? Me? I have no idea what it is', the man replied with confusion written on his face.

'You are sure you didn't put it here? Then what are you doing out here?', Mustapha asked.

'I swear, I have no idea what this is. I didn't place it there', the man replied, his voice gradually rising.

'You placed this box here! This looks like a communication device. Who are you communicating with? Al-Zawari must hear this!', Mustapha shot back at him with a tone matching his.

The man mellowed. 'You say this looks like a communication device?', the man asked.

'It definitely is. Al-Zawari must see this', Mustapha responded.

The man lowered his rifle and crouched slightly to inspect the box.

Mustapha smiled inwardly. Reverse psychology was working. The man cleared the dry grasses on the top of the box and opened it. 'What the hell is this?', the man asked raising a component of the device.

Mustapha kept mute. He silently dipped his hand into the deep pockets of his danchiki and felt for his switch blade. He found it and clicked on a button, releasing it's blade.

The man still crouched beside the box while examining it's contents. Mustapha briskly went behind the man and bent over him with his right hand holding the switch blade across his throat and his left hand over his mouth. In one swift motion, he slit the man's throat, severing his cartoroid and jugular veins. The man tried letting out an outcry, but Mustapha's left hand over his mouth muted him.

Mustapha dropped him and watched as the man bucked and thrashed as blood gutted out of his throat to the ground. After a while the man went stiff. He was dead.

Mustapha looked around to see if anyone was lurking around. He didn't see anyone. He dragged the man some distance away from where he hid the box and covered him with some leaves. He erased the trail he left as he walked back to where the box was.

He placed the phone back into the box and place the box back in it's original position, after which he covered the box with some dry grasses.

He was about picking up his rifle which he dropped on the ground earlier when he discovered that his palms were stained with blood. He took sand from the ground and scrubbed his hands with it. His palms were no more bloodied, but they looked dirty.

He made a mental note to wash his hands immediately he got out of the forest.

As he walked out of the forest, he realized he was hungry. He lost his appetite earlier while eating, but now since he knew something was about to happen he knew he had to eat to gain strength. He was about going back to the dining stall when a thought occurred to him.

He remembered that he had been tasked to protect the hostages no matter what. He couldn't protect both of them at the same time. At least he saw Damien as one who could take care of himself. He had to look over the other one. Funmi.

Damien lay down on the mat in his cell when he heard someone talking to the guards outside the iron door. The voice sounded like one he had heard before. He had an exceptional memory and that allowed him recall images, sounds or objects in great detail after only brief exposure to them. He remembered the voice belonged to Mustapha, the undercover police officer.

'What he is here for by this time?', he thought. Suddenly the iron door opened and Mustapha walked in. Damien squinted briefly as rays of sunlight shone into the cell. Some seconds later the door was shut.

'How are you holding up?', Mustapha asked him in whispers as he crouched in front of him. 'Just there', Damien replied. 'Are there any plans for rescue?', he asked Mustapha. 'Plans are in motion and this would end soon', Mustapha replied.

Damien sat up, with his eyes wide open. 'Really?? What plans?', he asked. 'Don't worry about that', Mustapha replied, 'I've been charged to protect both of you by my superiors. But I can't at the same time. I'm sure you can handle yourself, so that I'll be free to protect Funmi fully.'

'Don't worry about me', Damien replied, 'just make sure she's fine.' 'Have you seen her?', he asked.

Mustapha shook his head. 'Defend yourself', he said as he got up and walked to the door.

The door was opened and Mustapha walked out into the sunlight. He walked to the dining stall and requested for food to eat. He had just began eating when two of Al-Zawari's lieutenants walked up to the table and stood before him. 'Al-Zawari wants to see you now', one of them said. 'I'll go to him when I'm through', Mustapha replied. 'He said now!, the second lieutenant said. Mustapha looked up at them and was shocked. He washed his hands, got up, and went with them...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by labaski(f): 7:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
his cover's been blown?
Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
Viewing this topic: Bamilizy( f), sod09 (m ), mexzysamex (m), Dioxidane( m) and 3 guest(s)

Please, more,....
Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
Dioxidane:
[b]Contd.
nice concept
Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 9:21pm On Jul 29, 2015
merikims:
nice concept
Don't quote all the update again undecided
Re: Accidental Victim by oghenekome51(f): 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
Bros weldone wella! Nice updates! More grease to ur elbow as well as strength to ur arm!

Ade vex for u sha, uno de acknowledge ur new guest!

Btwn, aunty merikims, y did u quote d whole update naw?
Re: Accidental Victim by saxwizard(m): 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2015
dioxidane my guy...weldone
Re: Accidental Victim by tijehi(f): 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2015
merikims:
nice concept

U should have quoted from page zero just to give ur two cent opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Accidental Victim by guntranno(f): 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2015
merikims:
nice concept
Pls do avoid havin full quote

2 Likes

Re: Accidental Victim by Geoxpress(m): 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2015
tijehi:

U should have quoted from page zero just to give ur two cent opinion.
lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (43) (Reply)

Oga Landlord 21+ / Nigerian Politics: How To Publish A Book On Nigerian Politics / Choices: Another Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.