Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Accidental Victim - Literature (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Accidental Victim (200306 Views)

Fiction Story: Inheritance Is Accidental / Let The Thread Face The Cut! (between The Rapist And The Victim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accidental Victim by zinylicious(f): 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2015
Welcome back Dioxidane

Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2015
Contd.

Immediately, the engine of the chopper disintegrated and it's rear rotor housing component blew off. The chopper stalled in the air for some seconds, after which it slowly spun into the forest. Several minutes later, an explosion was heard.

'Jeez!!!', Damien screamed when they heard the explosion. They both stopped in their tracks and looked behind. They only saw smoke rising into the atmosphere from a distance. 'We have to keep going', Mustapha said as he grasped Damien by the arm. He shook his head as they continued on their way, walking swiftly.

Dawn was ascending as Damien and Mustapha were descending to the lower part of the road. Damien was exhausted. 'How come we've not met any military patrol vehicles on this road?', he asked Mustapha. 'We are still in Taliban territory. Military personnel are scared of patrolling these areas. They are often slaughtered', Mustapha replied. 'Then how come we've not seen any of the terrorists?', Damien asked again. 'Dude, I have no idea!', Mustapha shot back at him. Damien shrugged and concentrated his gaze on the road ahead.

'Hold it!! Drop your weapons!! Drop it!! Drop it!!!', the soldiers screamed at Damien and Mustapha, pointing menacing weapons at them.

They had walked for several hours without sighting any patrol vehicle, not even a sound of human movement, except those of birds and creatures in the forest.

They suddenly heard voices coming from the side of the road. They looked around, but they didn't see anyone. The voices were still screaming at them, 'On your knees!!! Go down!! Down!! Drop your weapons!!! Drop it!! Drop it!!'

Both of them were visibly confused. They didn't know what was happening due to the fact that they didn't see the persons issuing the commands. Mustapha took solace in the fact the persons were obviously not terrorists, they were most likely military. Educated. Not uncultured and barbaric like the terrorists. At least they would be given an opportunity express themselves. Mustapha quickly went down on his knees and dropped his rifle. Damien followed suit.

Four beastly looking fully camouflaged soldiers suddenly walked out of the bush beside the road with the rifles pointed at them. One of the soldiers, with eyes fixated on them, walked to were they knelt down and kicked their rifles away from them.

'Who the hell are you?', he asked.

'Please help us. We were kidnapped by the Talibans', Damien pleaded.

'Shut up!', the soldier barked at him.

'Please, you have to believe us', Damien continued, 'we escaped last night. We are trying to locate Col. Coker of the State Security Services, he knows who we are.'

'Col. Coker, you say?', the soldier asked looking into Damien's eyes.

'Yes', Damien replied.

The soldier concentrated his gaze at Damien for a while and looked at Mustapha. Mustapha looked unwavering, like he knew nothing bad was going to happen. 'What is your name?', the soldier asked looking at Damien. 'I'm Damien Abbah', he replied. 'And you?', he asked, looking at Mustapha. 'Mustapha Danladi', he replied, composed and self-poised.

Damien watched as the soldier looked at them menacingly. 'Watch them', he said to the other soldiers as he walked back into the bush.

After what seemed to Damien like ages, but in reality just some minutes, Damien heard a sound coming from behind him. He turned and saw a Jackal Armored Wheeled Vehicle coming down the road. The soldier who went into the bush walked out briskly with a more relaxed composure.

'You may get up', he said as he got to them. Both of them got up slowly and Damien tried stretching his body. 'Can we take our rifles?', Damien asked, pointing at the rifles on the floor. The soldier nodded. 'Then I guess our identity has been confirmed', he said to the soldier with a smirk on his face. 'You would have been dead by now if it wasn't', the Soldier told him.

The Armored Vehicle then drove beside them and a soldier came down and saluted the soldier talking with Damien. 'Take them to the Colonel', he said to him. 'Yes sir!', he replied.

'Mount on, guys', the soldier said to Damien and Mustapha, 'and good luck.' 'Good luck to you too', Damien replied.

Both of them climbed onto the Armored truck and the truck drove away, with Damien bidding goodbye to the evil forest of doom...

T.B.C

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 10:36pm On Sep 08, 2015
drippin007:
only if u promise me 3 tinz
Dafuq ar d things undecided

Re: Accidental Victim by kaykaybaba(m): 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
phew ..!! Waiting for this story to end has been a project in itself. Well done Dioxidane!!! Without a doubt this is one of the best stories I've read on NL

Re: Accidental Victim by YoungestMuller(m): 10:44pm On Sep 08, 2015
Why TBC no end dis episode nw
Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 10:45pm On Sep 08, 2015
kaykaybaba:
phew ..!! Waiting for this story to end has been a project in itself. Well done Dioxidane!!! Without a doubt this is one of the best stories I've read on NL

Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 10:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
Viewing this topic: Stormisova( m), fourlarring( m),
YoungestMuller(m), immaculate006 ,
Ann2612 (f ), ysadiq ( m), eph12( m) and 2 guest
(s)

Una no dey sleep

Modified

Viewing this topic: Stormisova (m), fourlarring
( m), YoungestMuller( m), Ann2612 ( f), ysadiq
(m), eistien ( m), eph12 (m), Hawlahscho(m),
[size=25pt]Dioxidane ( m) [/size], osadhordy( m) and 2 guest(s)

Caught in the act cheesy
Baba what levels na, this single update no reach anywhere naw wink
Re: Accidental Victim by ysadiq(m): 10:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hope they will not be taken back to the taliban's camp. Damien dont be happy yet you can not be sure.

Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 10:52pm On Sep 08, 2015

Hawlahscho:

Caught in the act cheesy
Baba what levels na, this single update no reach anywhere naw wink

Boss... I know jor smiley I'm trying to see if I'll be able to drop updates daily to make up for the time I didn't update... Make una no vex abeg.

@Kaykaybaba, thanks bro...
@YoungestMuller, I don put am... smiley

I wished there was a way to know those that 'like' your comments on NL, like the 'share' feature. I click 'like' on some comments I read, but I know the posters wouldn't know who clicked on it, so sometimes I click 'share' too. Make you for know say I appreciate your comment... Erhmm, what else sef Okay, sleep don dey catch me...

Goodnight guys, ladies...
Re: Accidental Victim by Ann2612(f): 11:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
[quote author=Hawlahscho post=37814526]Viewing this topic: Stormisova( m), fourlarring( m),
YoungestMuller(m), immaculate006 ,
Ann2612 (f ), ysadiq ( m), eph12( m) and 2 guest
(s)

Una no dey sleep

Just enjoying d update. Tnx Dioxidane for d update.

Re: Accidental Victim by mekonglobal(m): 11:31pm On Sep 08, 2015
Like in evry other days i was here 11:30pm....awaiting morerolleyes
Re: Accidental Victim by Stormisova(m): 11:57pm On Sep 08, 2015
Viewing this topic: hennie4rhyme, NeduLuiZ(m),
Almansur1(m) and 1 guest(s)
Re: Accidental Victim by ZeusAlmighty(m): 12:04am On Sep 09, 2015
Thank God Dioxidane is hale, hearty and back. At this juncture, I can't blame Oliver Twist for always asking for more.
Re: Accidental Victim by NeduLuiZ(m): 12:18am On Sep 09, 2015
Stormisova:
Viewing this topic: hennie4rhyme, NeduLuiZ(m),
Almansur1(m) and 1 guest(s)
go sleep. U be winsh?
Re: Accidental Victim by Carinaflo(f): 12:58am On Sep 09, 2015
Finally, a light at the end of the tunnel for Damian.
Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
Carinaflo:
Finally, a light at the end of the tunnel for Damian.

You can't be very sure.
Re: Accidental Victim by Zenith21(m): 5:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
Abeg wetin go happen to funmi nw biko, na make damien and funmi marry oo, dats where the "happy ever after" part should come from. grin
Re: Accidental Victim by Carinaflo(f): 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2015
Zenith21:
Abeg wetin go happen to funmi nw biko, na make damien and funmi marry oo, dats where the "happy ever after" part should come from. grin
There won't be a "happy ever after", funmi will not survive. She will be killed during her rescue and damien will end up heart broken....
Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 6:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
Carinaflo:

There won't be a "happy ever after", funmi will not survive. She will be killed during her rescue and damien will end up heart broken....

Permit me to ask you this sad

Are you wicked

Re: Accidental Victim by Stormisova(m): 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
NeduLuiZ:
go sleep. U be winsh?
God save me 4rm KARASHIKA

Re: Accidental Victim by Carinaflo(f): 12:07am On Sep 10, 2015
Hawlahscho:

Are you wicked
Hawlahscho:

Are you wicked
Lol, I'm not wicked. I just feel that this kind of story should end in tragedy. It shouldn't be a "happy ending" all the time
Re: Accidental Victim by Zenith21(m): 7:22am On Sep 10, 2015
Carinaflo:

Lol, I'm not wicked. I just feel that this kind of story should end in tragedy. It shouldn't be a "happy ending" all the time
I don't tink I wud like a tragic ending, all nairaland stories are all ending in tragedy, abi na tragedy dy reign nw ni. sad
Re: Accidental Victim by Onemansquad(m): 11:17am On Sep 10, 2015
Carinaflo:

if you want to read a story that is tragedic go read '' the devil who loved me by davidflo'' i bet u wil cry more than a baby
Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
Onemansquad:

if you want to read a story that is tragedic go read '' the devil who loved me by davidflo'' i bet u wil cry more than a baby

Kindly dash me d link to it. BIKO sad
Re: Accidental Victim by Onemansquad(m): 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
Re: Accidental Victim by Blessinzy(f): 9:51pm On Sep 10, 2015
Viewing this topic: Blessinzy(f), FuroGintle(m), bestat(m) and 1 guest(s)
Re: Accidental Victim by jify(f): 11:46am On Sep 11, 2015
Lovely, epic. Found dis thread yesterday as I was looking for something to read and I couldn't stop reading. You are really good. Keep it up.

Re: Accidental Victim by Missmossy(f): 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
Welcome back Dioxidane!!!

Glad Damien and Mustapha are out of that place. Kudos.

Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 3:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
Onemansquad:

https://www.nairaland.com/1940541/devil-loved-me

Thanks boss.

A reader is a leader.
Modified

Hope it ain't sex story all till end because this starting I read is kinda discouraging.

I don't read sex stories AGAIN. I need them NO MORE.

Re: Accidental Victim by oghenekome51(f): 7:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
Bros dioxidane, we see ur handwork o! But shey uno say dah food no do us? Please come and update o!
Btwn, we dont know wots wrong wit d girl in d cell yet o!

Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 8:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
Chapter Sixteen

'Please sir, send me back in before the invasion of the camp', Damien said to Gen. Garbar as he realized Funmi wouldn't possibly survive it if the plan to attack the Taliban camp was carried out. His heart went out to her as he imagined the trauma she would have been passing through. And for her to die at the end? He couldn't take it.

Several hours earlier, Mustapha and Damien had been ushered into the tent where Col. Coker and the others were. They were all distraught after losing the chopper and about eight men. Moral was getting low. Their faces brightened a little when they saw Damien and Mustapha. It was a small win for them, but not the win Col. Coker wanted. His niece was still in the Taliban camp.

They were given food, water, a change of clothes and Damien stuffed himself with so much food after which he relaxed a little bit on a cot in one of the tents.

'Please don't kill her!! Take me instead!!', Damien screamed at the man wielding a sharp sword about to cut off Funmi's head. He watched as another man placed her head on a table and held her in place. 'Take me instead!! Please!!! Don't kill her!! Don't kill her!!!', he screamed again at the men. The men didn't pay attention to him. They didn't hear him, or they pretended not to. He watched as the man who held the sword recited some words in arabic and raised his sword. He saw her turn her sullen face toward him. 'Damien... Damien...', he heard her call out to him. He watched as the sword came bearing down on her neck. 'Noooo!!!', he screamed.

Damien suddenly jumped up from the cot, sweating profusely. He saw Mustapha lying down on a cot close to him. He was smiling at him. 'Afternoon-mares?', Mustapha asked him with a slight smile on his face. Damien nodded and sat up on his cot, covering his face with palms, pondering what the dream was all about. 'You were talking gibberish in your sleep. I've been calling your name', Mustapha said, expecting a response from Damien. He was silent.

'They are going to kill her', Damien spoke up some minutes later. 'They are going to kill her...', he said again.

'Who are they going to kill? What the hell are you talking about?', Mustapha asked him.

'Funmi... They are going to kill her. I saw it. I saw them do it', Damien said.

'You saw them do what?', Mustapha asked him.

'They killed her. The cowards! They killed her!', Damien muttered.

'Dude, you just had a nightmare. Sorry, afternoon-mare', Mustapha said and laughed. 'I'm sure she's still alive. You are just having a bad dream', he said again.

'Great!', Damien muttered. 'For how long was I out?', he asked Mustapha.

'Erhmm, that would be about two hours, forty four minutes and twenty five seconds', Mustapha replied, looking at the watch on his wrist.

'Were you able to sleep?', Damien asked.

He shook his head and said, 'I tried. I got just about forty minutes of sleep, then I woke up.'

'Hmm... Well, I guess I've not had the opportunity so say this properly. Thank you', Damien told Mustapha.

'For what?', Mustapha asked him. 'For saving my life... A couple of times...', Damien replied.

Mustapha smiled and said, 'then I guess I should say thank you for the one time you saved my life.'

They both laughed. 'But really, you held out on your own. I noticed what you did, and I'm impressed. With just a few months training and the right weapons, you'll be good to go. A killing machine in the making', Mustapha told him and they both laughed it off.

'So what's been happening out there?', Damien asked Mustapha after a while.

'I have no idea, I've been trying to rest', Mustapha replied, 'but I saw two trucks drive in not quite long with a couple of soldiers.'

Damien got up from the cot, put on the olive fatigue shirt he was given and was walking out of the tent. 'And where do you think you are going to?', Mustapha asked him.

Damien stopped and looked back at him. 'I can't just sit here doing nothing', he replied.

'We are supposed to be resting', Mustapha told him.

'I have rested enough. You have not, so you rest', Damien replied.

'Wait up', Mustapha said as he got up from his cot and put on his shirt. 'I've not been able to rest, so I just might use the time to walk around', he said.

Damien smiled and walked out of the tent, with Mustapha trailing behind him.

'Where is everyone?', Damien asked Mustapha as they got out of the tent and realized that the whole place was scanty.
'Dude, we've been together since. How do you expect me to know?', Mustapha asked him.

'I sure you've heard of the word 'Rhetorical question'', Damien said.

'Say what?', Mustapha asked him.

'Don't worry about it', Damien replied as he saw a soldier.

'Please excuse me', Damien said as he approached the soldier. 'Where is everyone?', he asked him. The soldier pointed at the large tent used as a make-shift situation room without saying anything. Damien nodded and thanked him. He walked towards the tent, with Mustapha trailing behind him.

As they got closer to the tent, they noticed that almost all the soldiers were present there and they heard a voice giving a speech. They both entered the tent and stood close to the entrance beside other soldiers, listening to the man who stood on an elevated platform speaking to them.

'Like I said earlier, the President is not happy about this. The military cannot continue to be embarrassed by this barbarians. We must crush and put an end to this menace once and for all...', the voice was saying.

Damien was confused. He wondered what was happening. He looked around to see if he would find Col. Coker. He didn't see anyone. He saw very few of the faces he saw some hours earlier.

'What's happening?', he asked the soldier standing beside him. 'New General. New command', the soldier told him curtly. 'What about Col. Coker and his men?', he asked the soldier again. 'Left', the soldier replied. He was about asking the soldier why they left, but the soldier's facial expression suggested otherwise. He continued listening to what the General on the elevated platform was saying.

"... You fight for your country! You fight for your families! You fight for your numerous colleagues who have lost their lives in this war! You fight for your right to live peacefully in your country! Your country! My country! Our country! Let's not allow these barbarians take that right from us! They are taking it already! They are taking it already! But we must take back what is ours! We must take back what is ours! Who is with me on this?!"

"Aye! Aye! Aye!", the soldiers cheered, raising their rifles up in the air. Damien marveled at the sheer power of motivation. The man raised his hands, signaling them to be quiet and he continued speaking.

"The President is proud of you! Your country is proud of you! And I've been assured that you all would be compensated handsomely..."

That resulted in another round of cheers from the soldiers. The man signaled them to be calm again and he continued speaking.

"We are going in and we shall bombard them in full force, completely exterminating them! No exceptions! No mercy! We just have to..."

The General was still speaking when the IP Telephone on his desk beeped. He stopped talking. The tent went quiet. He came down from the podium and went straight to the desk and picked up the phone.

'Go for Redblade', the General said into the mouthpiece.

"This is Janus. Requesting for confirmation regarding two journeywalkers posted from HQ..."

'What's the password they gave?', the General asked.

"T-R-A-I-L-B-L-A-Z-E-R-S"

"Repeat password"

"T-R-A-I-L-B-L-A-Z-E-R-S"

'Negative! Negative!! Wrong password! Apprehend journeywalkers!', the General commanded the soldier on the other end of the line.

There was a brief silence on the line. The General was still waiting for response from the soldier at the other end of the line. Suddenly he heard some sounds in the background. 'Enemy intrusion! Enemy intrusion!!', the General heard a voice say on the phone. Some seconds later, he heard a sound... BOOM!! Then silence...

T.B.C...

Wishing y'all a lovely weekend... Don't forget to click 'like', 'share' or drop your comments...

47 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
Missmossy:
Welcome back Dioxidane!!!
Glad Damien and Mustapha are out of that place. Kudos.
Thanks... smiley

jify:
Lovely, epic. Found dis thread yesterday as I was looking for something to read and I couldn't stop reading. You are really good. Keep it up.
Wow! Thanks... smiley

oghenekome51:
Bros dioxidane, we see ur handwork o!
But shey uno say dah food no do us? Please come and update o!
Btwn, we dont know wots wrong wit d girl in d cell yet o!
smiley Thanks dear... Working on it...

Hawlahscho:

I don't read sex stories AGAIN. I need them NO MORE.

cheesy Wetin happen na??

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (43) (Reply)

Oga Landlord 21+ / Nigerian Politics: How To Publish A Book On Nigerian Politics / Choices: Another Perspective

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68