Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,161 members, 7,780,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:08 AM

Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every (100496 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Enyimba Wins The Nigerian League For A Record 7th Time / Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by proudly9ja(m): 4:38am On Mar 24, 2009
Team Pld Pts
1. Bayelsa 29 54
2. Heartland 27 49
3. Enyimba 29 48
4. Rangers 29 43
5. Wolves 27 41
6. Sharks 28 41
7. Pillars 27 40
8. Niger 29 39
9. Sunshine 29 39
10. Gombe
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 25, 2009
If only they could add some glamour.
Until then, i don't wanna know. sad
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by RSA(m): 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2009
@BlueDiva don't be hard on the league,I'm not Nigerian but do follow u're league,the only thing letting the league down is the pitch,without a proper pitch you wont see the quality of the players and also it doesn't look attractive on TV.If the pitch is good,quality football will be displayed(no one doubt nigerians talent) and fans will come to the stadiums,there will be a buzzz and sponsors will pour money and that's where the glamour comes in.

It start with the right pitch.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by tocdee(m): 1:51pm On Mar 27, 2009
Where's Nitel Vasco Da Gama?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 3:48am On Mar 28, 2009
Eyinmba Vs Bayelsea sunday

i cant understand why there are no players from the local league in the super eagles team
when Berti vogt stayed put in Europe instead of Nigeria, he was accused of ignoring the local players
now we have a local coach and no glo league player is getting a look in undecided

BlueDiva:

If only they could add some glamour.
Until then, i don't wanna know. sad

true we need something like the IPL, with cheerleaders and and musicians before and after the games cool
i still wonder why most of the players/clubs cant sign a PR manager to get them in the local press, they should appear
in talkshows etc etc and they should ban them from looking scruff!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 3:51am On Mar 28, 2009
RSA:

@BlueDiva don't be hard on the league,I'm not Nigerian but do follow u're league,the only thing letting the league down is the pitch,without a proper pitch you wont see the quality of the players and also it doesn't look attractive on TV.If the pitch is good,quality football will be displayed(no one doubt nigerians talent) and fans will come to the stadiums,there will be a buzzz and sponsors will pour money and that's where the glamour comes in.

It start with the right pitch.

True, and they need to sort out their broadcasting and commentators, you'll think you are watchimg mobile camera footage sometimes
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 28, 2009
NPL is pathetic.imagine,teams find it almost impossible 2 secure a single point at away games all bcoz of poor officiating.The pitches are bad,the security at our stadia is insufficient,wot pains me most is ao our league is being portrayed on Super Sport,comparing d standard of our league 2 dat of South Africa is like comparing an inteschool football 2 a la liga game.Men! Its shameful 2 note that TALENTS ARE WASTING.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by proudly9ja(m): 4:35pm On Mar 28, 2009
daralex007:

NPL is pathetic.imagine,teams find it almost impossible 2 secure a single point at away games all bcoz of poor officiating.The pitches are bad,the security at our stadia is insufficient,wot pains me most is ao our league is being portrayed on Super Sport,comparing d standard of our league 2 dat of South Africa is like comparing an inteschool football 2 a la liga game.Men! Its shameful 2 note that TALENTS ARE WASTING.

I agree with u that talents are wasting but I dont think we have reached the level of 'pathetic' yet. Glo has really tried for the NPL. They sponsor the league with 100s of millions of naira every year and Lucozade boost has just joined too distributing free lucozade to teams in Premier league. I also know the Division one is also live on TV on AIT. I also know some teams are trying too. Enyimba for instance is being kitted by JOMA which is a top international kitting coy.

I think what the NPL guys should do is to spend money on PR. They should pay top advert coys to market the league for them and not try to do it for them. A product needs good marketing. The players in the SA league are not better than our players. We just need the league to be well branded.

And finally, I think Amodu has a part to play too, the NFA for that matter. They should invite and use players from the local league even if its for small international friendlies. That way, Nigerians can know these players by name.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by chamotex(m): 11:45pm On Mar 30, 2009
proudly9ja:

I agree with u that talents are wasting but I dont think we have reached the level of 'pathetic' yet. Glo has really tried for the NPL. They sponsor the league with 100s of millions of naira every year and Lucozade boost has just joined too distributing free lucozade to teams in Premier league. I also know the Division one is also live on TV on AIT. I also know some teams are trying too. Enyimba for instance is being kitted by JOMA which is a top international kitting coy.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by proudly9ja(m): 10:35pm On Apr 05, 2009
Enyimba 1 -0 Kaduna United

A solitary strike from Ofem Inah was the difference as Enyimba picked up three crucial points over hard-fighting Kaduna Utd.

www.enyimbafc.net

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by vanderjo(m): 5:07pm On Apr 07, 2009
I think Enyimba is the best team in Nigeria but cuz of politics they are being victimized and Our league is marred with bad refree's decisions,most times refrees decide games.its pathetic.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by tosinaded(m): 5:55pm On Apr 07, 2009
Our dear ladan bosso's wikki tourists was hamered 6-1 over d wkend
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 10:29pm On Apr 07, 2009
tosinaded@:

Our dear ladan bosso's wikki tourists was hamered 6-1 over d wkend
what else do you expect when they travelled almost 24 hours by bus on bumpy roads from bauchi to ph. thats why we hardly see away wins in this league. . . .and politics ofcourse.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by proudly9ja(m): 10:13pm On Apr 09, 2009
There is a guy in Enyimba, his name is Josiah Maduabuchi. The guy will bench the wingers we have in the Super Eagles. I don't know why Amodu will not even take a look at him. The guy is simply class!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by 2BdBest: 11:13pm On Apr 12, 2009
Who can remember the days of Abiola Babes, Iwuanyanwu, Rangers International and Leventis. I think those were the best days of our local premier league. There was so much interest then. Too bad, it's all gone.

I have a blog where I post video highlights of goals from recent matches of local and international games. Unfortunately, the Glo premier league section is completely empty as there are no clips of our current matches online to share yet.

If you have any clips you will like to share with others, pls feel free to share them at http://naijasoccerforum.com

You can share photos or video clips of any matches.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by philip0906(m): 12:30am On Apr 13, 2009
nigerian league? mwcheeew!
Please because I want 2 b a nationalist does not mean I should b watching crap.
USELESS PITCHES(not even good 4 secoundary school sports competition).
Clubs dont have good websites for info even d nigerian premier league.
"We r living from hand 2 mouth b'cos we have not been paid for 5 months" is wat u hear 4rm players on a regular basis.
Abeg,
watch out we r thrashing Liverpooooooooooooooo on tuesday. grin

Nigeria is dead!May God grant us the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 7:15am On Apr 13, 2009
no one is forcing you to watch. rubbish post.

@poster, well done o jare. keep up the good job.

Eyinmba vs Bayelsa? that should be crunch? what was the scores btw?

There are very good local players but one wonders why none plays for the national team. Instead we go for tired legs who dont even get first team stats. pathetic.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by tosinaded(m): 11:58am On Apr 13, 2009
as expected

bayelsa utd (2) vs ocean boys (0)

enyimba had the chance to capitalise on ocean boy's slip to go second, but they drew 1-1 with gateway fc of abeokuta!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 6:53am On Apr 14, 2009
keep it coming guys. Enyimba used to rule, whatever happened to them?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 21, 2009
I like going to watch these hardworking young boys display their unbelievable skills in bushes we call stadium, but can give up a valuable stuff to avoid watching them on TV. Its really an eyesore watching it on TV.

Cant believe that Bayelsa boys of yesterday is topping the league in 2009. shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 1:09pm On Apr 21, 2009
nuzo:

Cant believe that Bayelsa boys of yesterday is topping the league in 2009. shocked shocked
that is why its a lnaija eague.  wink
no top 4 syndrome.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 4:39pm On Apr 21, 2009
FBS:

no top 4 syndrome.
abi o! thats why i love the league . win it one season get relegated next season ask dolphins. only for naija cheesy
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 7:07am On Apr 22, 2009
abi o cheesy
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by blacksta(m): 8:06pm On Apr 23, 2009
how come their isnt much following on this thread like the other european league threads
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by proudly9ja(m): 8:30pm On Apr 23, 2009
I think this season will definitely go to Bayelsa. Enyimba should work hard to come at least second so they can qualify for next year's Champions League.

In response to the 'top 4' issue above, I think we have 'top 4s' in Europe and some other places because the top clubs have more money to spend and every year they are in Europe, they get more money. The experience is also very valuable. Playing in europe with top teams actually strengthens your team domestically and thus makes you a better team and able to maintain your top position.

In Nigeria, it is no different. The teams that get more money from the govt do well. Last year, Kano pillars were well funded and even till now they are still well funded. However, they are finding it difficult because they have to combine the league with the champions league. Enyimba had the same problem in their first attempts at the African Champs League. But after a few attempts, they have gained from the experience. Luckily for them they had Orji Kalu spending money on them for that period and thus, their consistency. Now that Kalu is gone, the new Gov is also doing his best I guess but what's more important, they have kept Anyasi for so many years. Other clubs need to learn from this too. Keep the management and this will make you consistent
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 9:20am On Apr 24, 2009
You are spot on most issues raised but again, more efforts are needed in order to create massive followership from the vast population. Just imagine how much these clubs can be raking in from merchandising etc. . .
I dont how many people buy enyimba or kano pillar jerseys.

We are yet to see the top4 syndrome in naija. Enyinmba probably the only contendant.

Oh gone are the days of shooting stars, Julius Berger, Iwayanwu International, Leventis United and the list goes on.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 10:34pm On Apr 24, 2009
FBS:

no top 4 syndrome.

to be honest the performance of some of the team is directly related to the the current state govt financial commitment/bribeabilty wink

FBS:

You are spot on most issues raised but again, more efforts are needed in order to create massive followership from the vast population. Just imagine how much these clubs can be raking in from merchandising etc. . .
I dont how many people buy enyimba or kano pillar jerseys.

We are yet to see the top4 syndrome in naija. Enyinmba probably the only contendant.

Oh gone are the days of shooting stars, Julius Berger, Iwayanwu International, Leventis United and the list goes on.

I think the banks, telecoms,soft drinks etc can also help if they give out tickets as some part of competition or football experience (but they cant guarantee security sha) just imagine if tv or radio quiz have football tickets, jerseys as part of their price give-away
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 10:38pm On Apr 24, 2009
proudly9ja:

There is a guy in Enyimba, his name is Josiah Maduabuchi. The guy will bench the wingers we have in the Super Eagles. I don't know why Amodu will not even take a look at him. The guy is simply class!

Just imagine if this guy has a good haircut, looks presentable and can be marketed by the local media, these clubs really need to start operating like a business, they should employ PR to sell their brand, players, merchandise!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by proudly9ja(m): 4:43pm On Apr 26, 2009
The funny thing is, I expect Glo who sponsors the league with over 1million dollars per annum to use some of these boys as face of Glo rather than the foreign based guys currently in use. Well maybe not totally, but a mixture of both will give the Nigerian League some publicity.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 10:43pm On Apr 27, 2009
erm will you really put someone like this as the face of your company?

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 8:10am On Apr 28, 2009
this is where agents come in but again, who says a "pretty face" is what the super eagles need. No disrespect, but does TT look any better?

Someone just has to brush the guy up and make him look, well, erm, more presentable. wink
Will Amodu ever integrate home based players into the senior squad?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply)

Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? / Emenike Displays Ojukwu, Okwaraji, Yekini, Keshi's Pictures In His Mansion / Free Betting Tips For Sure Winning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.