Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Have You Visited Taraba State? It Is Truly Nature's Gift To Nigeria!!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Visited Taraba State? It Is Truly Nature's Gift To Nigeria!!! (2180 Views)

Beautiful Nature Of Mambilla Plateau In Taraba : Why You Should Consider Touring / Olumirin Waterfall, Nature's Gift To Nigeria (photos) / Top 10 Most Visited Cities In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Visited Taraba State? It Is Truly Nature's Gift To Nigeria!!! by Jovago: 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2015

Embellished by elevated land forms (plateau, hill and mountain), flawless aerial view and an accommodating people, Taraba state is one of those states in Nigeria that is yet to be fully celebrated or recognized for her terrific tourism potentials. Visiting Taraba is an adventure of a lifetime. It leaves the tourists with an impression to visit the state again and again! Hence, it is agreeable that the state is regarded as Nature’s Gift to Nigeria! The state was created on 27th August, 1991. It is bounded in the west by Benue and Plateau while to the east by Cameroun. It has 16 local governments and a population of 2,300,736 according to the 2006 population census. The capital of Taraba is Jalingo.

TOP THREE SITES

Mambilla Plateau

Located in Gembu, Sardauna Local Government, the Mambilla Plateau is 1,600 metres tall. Climbing this plateau is very exhausting but it adds to the excitement. Tourists have to drive for about 20 to 30 minutes from the foot of the plateau to reach the peak. You have to drive carefully because the road is zigzag.

Gashaka-Gumti National Park

The Gashaka-Gumti Park has the enviable record of being the largest National Park in Nigeria. The park is the combination of two names that is Gashaka in Taraba and Gumti in Adamawa. Both formerly independent national park were merged in 1991. The park covers an area of 6,731 Sq. metres and it is home to different animal species. Among them are elephants, lion, chimpanzee, birds, fishes among many other animals.

Nyonyo Fishing Festival

The Nyonyo Fishing Festival is celebrated in Wukari, one of Taraba’s prominent cities after Jalingo. The Festival attracts visitors and tourists from far and wide. Hotels are fully booked and the fanfare is inexhaustible. Interestingly, the festival has been celebrated for more than 90 years. What should tourists look forward? It is no doubt the fishing competition because the competitor who catches the biggest fish would be declared the winner! So don’t miss it. It is usually held in either March or April according to the festival calendar of the Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation.

Lodging

There are prestigious hotels in Taraba state. Across the various cities in Taraba, there are inexpensive hotels that suit the every traveller’s desires. Jovago.com can find affordable hotels for you. It is just a click away. You would be relieved of the stress of searching for hotels when you are in Taraba!

Unwinding/Dining Out

Finding where to eat is not a problem in Jalingo and other cities in Taraba because there are so many restaurants and relaxation spots where you can wine, dine as well as indulge. Some of the Restaurants are Classic Stopover, New System Cuisine, My Friend’s Bar to mention but a few.

Shopping
AUK Kirbi Shopping Complex and Khallo Shopping are two of the most popular hotels in Jalingo. You could shop for the best of the latest fashion, shoes, bags and other items on your shopping list.
Re: Have You Visited Taraba State? It Is Truly Nature's Gift To Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 15, 2015
I've taken your virginity,you're mine forevergrin
Re: Have You Visited Taraba State? It Is Truly Nature's Gift To Nigeria!!! by missbehave247(m): 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2015
What is this one saying
femaleGuy:
I've taken your virginity,you're mine forevergrin

Back to the topic @op i will love to visit taraba soonest inother for me to experience this
Re: Have You Visited Taraba State? It Is Truly Nature's Gift To Nigeria!!! by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 15, 2015
missbehave247:
What is this one saying

Back to the topic @op i will love to visit taraba soonest inother for me to experience this
why are u misbehaving naangry
Re: Have You Visited Taraba State? It Is Truly Nature's Gift To Nigeria!!! by missbehave247(m): 2:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
GAY ALERT
femaleGuy:
why are u misbehaving naangry
Re: Have You Visited Taraba State? It Is Truly Nature's Gift To Nigeria!!! by Truth24(m): 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2015
Dat FTC to comment dude up there has been repeating dat thrash on every thread since dat Anita and Maye Facebook gist hit nairaland frontpage
Re: Have You Visited Taraba State? It Is Truly Nature's Gift To Nigeria!!! by Daresh(f): 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
I would have loved to go but Adamawa borders Taraba. BH love Adamawa, I'm not going there.
Re: Have You Visited Taraba State? It Is Truly Nature's Gift To Nigeria!!! by calculator123(m): 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
femalegoat must u display ur stupidity in public mtchewwwwwe
Re: Have You Visited Taraba State? It Is Truly Nature's Gift To Nigeria!!! by Akynzodeighbour(m): 3:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
See the way the Op is hyping taraba, that state is dry, the only good thing about the state is the low cost of living, there's no 3star hotel there, I looked for prawn crackers in taraba for a whole year I didn't find, only one ice cream vending machine in taraba, just one whack eatery, another good thing is that there's no traffic. Well the state is surrounded by mountains, the harmattan is very crazy, and its very far by land

1 Like

Re: Have You Visited Taraba State? It Is Truly Nature's Gift To Nigeria!!! by mrsage(m): 1:41am On Jun 17, 2015
cool place

1 Like

Re: Have You Visited Taraba State? It Is Truly Nature's Gift To Nigeria!!! by gowaga68: 11:06am On Jun 17, 2015
God Bless my State!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Sonderborg Denmark / Looking For A Friend In Usa / 10 Busiest Nigerian Airports; Domestic Passengers - NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.