Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

How To Hide Your Folder Using Command Prompt - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Hide Your Folder Using Command Prompt (682 Views)

How To Get The Model Of Your PC Using Command(cmd) / HELP: Destination Folder Access Denied Windows 10 / 10 Best Command Prompt(cmd) Tricks, Tips & Hacks For Windows - 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Hide Your Folder Using Command Prompt by loyanet(m): 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
some times its seems impossible to hide our private files because even if you use the default hide me style, people will still be able to see them. so how are we going to hide the files so they can be safe from other eyes? I never new about this untill this afternoon while i just playing with some command code. i will be open and straight here. so wthout wasting time here are the steps
_Go to your Run Command by Clicking the windows icon and type Run to bring out the Run command or you can just do it the simple way by using your keyboard shortcuts by Pressing windows key + R. Run command dialog box will appear.
_In the Run command search box, type “cmd” (without Quotes) and press enter key or click the Ok button. A command prompt window will display.
_Now type “attrib +s +h C:\scripts” and press your enter.
_The folder “scripts” will be hidden
Am out of here see you later.
Oh before I forget, if you want to view the folder you’ve hidden, just replace the ‘+’ with ‘-‘ (minus) on both sides so it’ll look like “attrib –s-h C:\scripts.
remember this is also applicable to files also. So did you understand what i just did here? if yes then drop the steps on how to hide a file and lets see how sharp you are.
Re: How To Hide Your Folder Using Command Prompt by Dayo4real12: 7:33am On Jun 16, 2015
I think dat script, will b d name of d folder u want to hide. To replace d script to d folder name.
Re: How To Hide Your Folder Using Command Prompt by loyanet(m): 1:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
Dayo4real12:
I think dat script, will b d name of d folder u want to hide. To replace d script to d folder name.
Yea, the scripts is the folder name.

(1) (Reply)

Jackie Chan Dead / New 10 Inches Android Tablet For Sale With White Keyboard Case / Swift Or Spectranet Mifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.