Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners (8669 Views)

Tecno Smartphone Owners, Beware! / Mtn Smart S720i Vs Tecno S3 Who Wins? / Battle Of The Month:samsung Galaxy Star S5282 Vs Mtn Smart S720i (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by shedo4sure: 5:28am On Aug 25, 2015
Joel3:
latest king root didn't work
just tried it
u mean kingroot version 4 didn't work? R u sure u turned on ur data?
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by Joel3(m): 6:57am On Aug 25, 2015
shedo4sure:
yes data on. it restart and continue and failed. glo bis 3G.
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by Joel3(m): 7:54am On Aug 25, 2015
shedo4sure:
rooted successful. huraah after many trial. but it did not restart it just fast speed and successful. so what next?

I have been try kingroot many months ago. what happens now? I suspect the network speed.
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by shedo4sure: 8:08am On Aug 25, 2015
Joel3:
rooted successful. huraah after many trial. but it did not restart it just fast speed and successful. so what next?

I have been try kingroot many months ago. what happens now? I suspect the network speed.
i don't really understand u ooo. Well, check if king user is installed.
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by Joel3(m): 8:43am On Aug 25, 2015
shedo4sure:
i don't really understand u ooo. Well, check if king user is installed.
no kinguser was installed oh.
I mean I tried the rooting first. it restarted the phone and the root failed. the second one same thing. the third one did not restated the phone it just speed from 1% to 100 with fast. and then successful rooting.

but no kinguser installed oh. how do I installed kinguser ? my play store just stop working oh. when i open it it show white blank please I don't want to factory reset this phone oh.
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by Joel3(m): 8:55am On Aug 25, 2015
I download and install king user but I am not seeing any usefulness of rooting this phone. I want to change the on and off sound and display. any help.
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by shedo4sure: 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2015
Joel3:
I download and install king user but I am not seeing any usefulness of rooting this phone. I want to change the on and off sound and display. any help.
u will end up bricking ur fone ooo... Mtn s720i is nt an mtk device.. Rooting can help you change ur font etc
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by Joel3(m): 11:05pm On Aug 25, 2015
shedo4sure:
u will end up bricking ur fone ooo... Mtn s720i is nt an mtk device.. Rooting can help you change ur font etc
how to unroot the phone. I don't see any usefulness in it.
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by shedo4sure: 6:54am On Aug 26, 2015
Joel3:
how to unroot the phone. I don't see any usefulness in it.
next time, try 2 knw abt d usefulness of something be4 trying it.... Open ur kinguser, click on settings, root authorization settings, remove root permission, click on clear.... Dat's all.......
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by Joel3(m): 7:08am On Aug 26, 2015
shedo4sure:
next time, try 2 knw abt d usefulness of something be4 trying it.... Open ur kinguser, click on settings, root authorization settings, remove root permission, click on clear.... Dat's all.......
I discover my battery drop from 60% fast to 30% uninstalled kinguser . and the root checker says not properly rooted. should I need to install it again.
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by shedo4sure: 7:17am On Aug 26, 2015
Joel3:
I discover my battery drop from 60% fast to 30% uninstalled kinguser . and the root checker says not properly rooted. should I need to install it again.
install and unroot properly
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by Joel3(m): 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
shedo4sure:
install and unroot properly
I notice some misbehavior. I just had to reset factory settings. cool now.
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by amparas(m): 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
none of the apps mentioned above will root this phone properly.

The only way is to do a read back with sp flash tool then make a cwm recovery from it. after that flash the cwm recovery to the phone using sp flash tool again.

Download and place supersu.zip into ur sd card. Boot into cwm recovery then flash the supersu.zip
You will get a perfectly rooted phone after that.

That's how u root this phone or other stubborn mtk devices properly. Good luck to u all.....
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by Sprintx24(m): 12:58am On Aug 29, 2015
amparas:
none of the apps mentioned above will root this phone properly.

The only way is to do a read back with sp flash tool then make a cwm recovery from it. after that flash the cwm recovery to the phone using sp flash tool again.

Download and place supersu.zip into ur sd card. Boot into cwm recovery then flash the supersu.zip
You will get a perfectly rooted phone after that.

That's how u root this phone or other stubborn mtk devices properly. Good luck to u all.....

Thanks for the tip, please is there any available way of unlocking the Sim 1 slot to make it universal? If there is, please share.....
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by simongonner: 6:55am On Aug 29, 2015
Sprintx24:

Thanks for the tip, please is there any available way of unlocking the Sim 1 slot to make it universal? If there is, please share.....
Steps.
1. Download Mobile Uncle or MTK Engineering
mode.
~ Open and select MTK Settings
~ Under "Telephony" which is currently the
home tab, scroll down and select •SIMME
LOCK•
~ Select "Network Personification"
~ Select "Unlock"
It will display a page showing you to insert a
code which is of 8 digits which 5 times trial.
(The code is "12345678"wink insert and unlock. It
will show a popup "unlock succeed". Go back
to "Network Personification" select •Unlock
Permanently• and proceed.
Freedom
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by Sprintx24(m): 7:49am On Aug 29, 2015
simongonner:
Steps.
1. Download Mobile Uncle or MTK Engineering
mode.
~ Open and select MTK Settings
~ Under "Telephony" which is currently the
home tab, scroll down and select •SIMME
LOCK•
~ Select "Network Personification"
~ Select "Unlock"
It will display a page showing you to insert a
code which is of 8 digits which 5 times trial.
(The code is "12345678"wink insert and unlock. It
will show a popup "unlock succeed". Go back
to "Network Personification" select •Unlock
Permanently• and proceed.
Freedom

Thanks boss! But have you tried this steps with success? I personally guessed these steps sometime ago though I wasn't successful as I didn't have the correct unlock code, I have just 1 trial left, so am going to ask again, have you tried this step above with success? Would be waiting for your reply..... Thanks again.
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by Sprintx24(m): 8:41am On Aug 29, 2015
Hi again Simongonner,
Just tried the unlock using the steps you adviced but I discovered I don't have any trials left. So I need to know, is there any other option to do this? Secondly, should I restore my phone back to factory settings, would this bring back the settings, possibly the lock and trials so that I can start the unlocking process again? If yes, please tell me the easiest way to restore this phone to factory settings. Please, I am so particular about this only if your posted unlocking tip is confirmed working not some trial and error......, Thanks Bozz in advance.......
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by simongonner: 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2015
Sprintx24:

Thanks boss! But have you tried this steps with success? I personally guessed these steps sometime ago though I wasn't successful as I didn't have the correct unlock code, I have just 1 trial left, so am going to ask again, have you tried this step above with success? Would be waiting for your reply..... Thanks again.
it worked on mtn S620 but I don't know about mtn S720
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by Joel3(m): 4:29pm On Aug 29, 2015
Sprintx24:

it only worked on the mini.
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by electrunNG: 10:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
Sprintx24:
Rooting this phone is easy. Just download kingroot apk and that's all. The real issue with this phone is permanently unlocking the Sim 1 to make it universal. Anybody with free info on this ish!??

MTN SMARTMINI S620 AND S720I HAS TWO ANDRIOD VERSIONS 4.2.2 AND 4.4.2 I SUCCESSFULLY UNLOCK SIM1 FOR BOTH VERSION BUT ROOTING VERSION 4.4.2 STILL NOT SUCCESSFUL. ANY IDEAS
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by lhanrytosh(m): 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2015
electrunNG:

MTN SMARTMINI S620 AND S720I HAS TWO ANDRIOD VERSIONS 4.2.2 AND 4.4.2 I SUCCESSFULLY UNLOCK SIM1 FOR BOTH VERSION BUT ROOTING VERSION 4.4.2 STILL NOT SUCCESSFUL. ANY IDEAS
hello pls what code did you use to unlock it?
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by calliochuks(m): 10:58am On Aug 23, 2016
Please did you unlock MTN S720i?
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by calliochuks(m): 11:00am On Aug 23, 2016
electrunNG:

How did you unlock s720i?
Re: MTN Smart S720i Smartphone Owners by barikagbogreat(m): 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2022
well done coolwell done

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Has Done It Again / Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money / Appli. From Skye Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.