Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,798 members, 7,802,556 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi (50598 Views)

Campaign Poster Of Bola Tinubu For Senate Under SDP In 1993 (Throwback Photo) / Photo Of Bola Tinubu On The 'wall Of Fame' As An Outstanding Alumni In America / The Begining Of The End Of Bola Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by tawa89(f): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

How? Jonathan beat them in 2011.

It was the SW betrayal that gave the north clout.

While the northern cabal promoted and exploited the terrorist acts of their Boko Haram, you in the SW continued to circulate their lies.

We warned you but you did not listen.

Your ITK and "nah we sabi pass" mentality is what is causing your humiliation.

This same Buhari was supported by the likes of Awo when he overthrew Shagari only for Buhari to target your politicians, Press and Plebs in his bias anti-corruption and anti-indiscipline war.

Yes Jonathan beat them in 2011 but I think some of them equally supported Jona in 2011 and the manner they regrouped and started planning for 2015 is admirable please. They hatched a plan, the stuck to it and it came through.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
atlwireles:
People like this writer irritate the hell out of me. You people cannot have it both ways. You lost the SP and Speaker and suddenly you maggots are speaking in tongues. What is Jonathan's failure undecided undecided undecided is this man mentally sick. You people did all to sink his ship and you dare come out to cry today. You people have not seen anything yet, Jonathan failed reelection is most likely the great change Nigeria needed for 100 years.

Good many of you can read the hand writings on the wall. angry angry angry angry
Did you read the part where he said that Johnathans mess will take 60 years to fix?
Lwkmd

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by atlwireles: 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
Read the power show down in Cameroon between Biya and Ahmadou Babatoura Ahidjo. Nigerians can learn a thing or two from old man Biya.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by abinsco25(m): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
Fulani will always continue to rule us as long as the south west, south east and south south regions failed to be one.

36 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Idiataqueen(f): 5:48pm On Jun 15, 2015
following
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by tawa89(f): 5:49pm On Jun 15, 2015
atlwireles:

Now, let's correct one fact here, more Fulanis voted for Femi, and against their fellow Northerner
then why did he lose?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Shymm3x: 5:49pm On Jun 15, 2015
luvmijeje:

Is the writer advising Tinubu not to get friendly with the Fulani? Walahi, this article is written by a Tanist.

Ignore who the writer is.

In politics, you can't really get too friendly with anyone because it's a game of interests and those interests will always overlap - hence the need to always find a common ground, and why there's no permanent friend in the game. You have to always dine with a long spoon.

You can't be caught napping/slipping - you've to be on ya toes at all times.

3 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by atlwireles: 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2015
tawa89:
then why did he lose?

Because Fulani are not as deft as you think. Dogara won with the same coalition that brought Jonathan to power in 2011. There is a lesson for us.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by tawa89(f): 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

In politics, you can't really get too friendly with anyone because it's a game of interests and those interests will always overlap - hence the need to always find a common ground, and why there's no permanent friend in the game. You have to always dine with a long spoon.

You can't be caught napping/slipping - you've to be on ya toes at all times.
Allow her to keep playing the Ostrich; leave the message to hackle the messenger.

4 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by luvmijeje(f): 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

You can't be caught napping/slipping - you've to on ya toes at all times.

That's more reason why a true politician must never play tribal politics and politics of hatred. What the OP is suggesting is tribal politics which contributed majorly to the ouster of Jonathan.

8 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by tawa89(f): 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2015
atlwireles:

Because Fulani are not as deft as you think. Dogara won with the same coalition that brought Jonathan to power in 2011. There is a lesson for us.
Atlwireless, are you saying South West voted for Dogara instead of Femi? naa...I don't think so.
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by atlwireles: 5:57pm On Jun 15, 2015
tawa89:
Atlwireless, are you saying South West voted for Dogara instead of Femi? naa...I don't think so.

Never said so, the SS,SE,NC and a handful of support from SW,NE/NW brought him to power.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Shymm3x: 5:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
luvmijeje:

That's more reason why a true politician must never play tribal politics and politics of hatred. What the OP is suggesting is tribal politics which contributed majorly to the ouster of Jonathan.

Well, tribal politics is the bread and butter of Nigeria - and the Fulanis just scored one against Tinubu. The dynamics of Nigerian politics right now, with what happened in the parliament and a lot of things unfolding (they just selected a another Northerner to be the Accountant General of the country - after taking the executive, judiciary, and legislative arms of government) in this current government is akin to GEJ's government - the bastion just shifted to the North.

Tinubu needs to play smart and understand that the interests of a bloc is on his back. I don't know how he's going to go about it - but he can't get overly friendly with them, and let them keep using his bloc to achieve whatever they plan to achieve.

13 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
tawa89:
Yes Jonathan beat them in 2011 but I think some of them equally supported Jona in 2011 and the manner they regrouped and started planning for 2015 is admirable please. They hatched a plan, the stuck to it and it came through.

This pic of Aisha Buhari and Osinbajo's wife is how Yorubas behave in the midst of their masters - head bowed, and avoiding eye contact.

72 Likes 14 Shares

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Bright4(m): 6:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
More yet to see from them...But one certain thin I blive is, Tinubu will surely laugh last irrespective of their unknown game.
This is war of all and against all...

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by tawa89(f): 6:05pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

This pic of Aisha Buhari and Osinbajo's wife is how Yorubas behave in the midst of their masters - head bowed, and avoiding eye contact.
you are taking this too far. The woman is just being respectful.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2015
tawa89:
you are taking this too far. The woman is just being respectful.

This pic was taken before the election proper.

Mrs Osinbajo is older than Aisha who is clocking 40 this year.

Besides why should she act like a house girl to Aisha? Is Aisha the President?

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by lokoloko84(m): 6:09pm On Jun 15, 2015
tawa89:
The two governors that Remi talked about are Fayemi and Fashola... They are both plotting to pull the rug off the feet of Jagaban.... If Fashola is mad Chief of Staff by President Buhari, The young turks ( Fayemi et Fashola) will take over SW political structure from him.
Fasola and Fayemi to take over SW?I think you are a joke.
Without Tinubu,these guys are nothing. You think the politics we play in this country is for the weak the minds.
Look mister,I do not know you but remove Tinubu from APC,then the party is finished.
In as much as I do not not like Fayose that much,the truth is that he is more popular and well loved than fayemi.
The same Fashola that refused to support the SW agenda will now take over the political structure of the region.
The only politician that is well respected in SW today is Tinubu whether you like it or not.
Despite that,we do not have real leaders yet. But the next political leaders are on the way and will be more radical than the current ones.
Do you not know also that there are some politicians who are also unknown Tinubu loyalists that are watching what is going on presently.
When these individuals get to power one of these days, what do you think will happen?

7 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Rawani: 6:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
atlwireles:

What is there to applaud, sorry I don't see it. The Fulani political position is well known in Nigeria, there is no deftness and finesse involved. The fools willingly leading themselves into bondage is the tragedy that needs explanation.

No matter how you slice or dice it, the Fulani are the political masters of Nigeria. QED.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:12pm On Jun 15, 2015
atlwireles:
Read the power show down in Cameroon between Biya and Ahmadou Babatoura Ahidjo. Nigerians can learn a thing or two from old man Biya.

Boss, can you enlighten me more on this plzzzz...thanks
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by atlwireles: 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2015
Rawani:

No matter how you slice or dice it, the Fulani are the political masters of Nigeria. QED.

You wished they were, it will take Tinubu 10 mins to undo Buhari in public. Then you will find out how lackluster your Fulani truly are.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by tawa89(f): 6:15pm On Jun 15, 2015
lokoloko84:
Without Tinubu,these guys are nothing. You think the politics we play in this country is for the weak the minds.
Look mister,I do not know you but remove Tinubu from APC,then the party is finished.
In as much as I do not not like Fayose that much,the truth is that he is more popular and well loved than fayemi.
The same Fashola that refused to support the SW agenda will now take over the political structure of the region.
The only politician that is well respected in SW today is Tinubu whether you like it or not.
Despite that,we do not have real leaders yet. But the next political leaders are on the way and will be more radical than the current ones.
Do you not know also that there are some politicians who are also unknown Tinubu loyalists that are watching what is going on presently.
When these individuals get to power one of these days, what do you think will happen?
BackDatAssUp:

lokoloko84:
BackDatAssUp:

Lol..... If Fashola gets the he COS position, He will be the most powerful Yoruba in this Administration and He will lead. trust me he will, and when he does Southwest will follow him

4 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by luvmijeje(f): 6:18pm On Jun 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Well, tribal politics is the bread and butter of Nigeria - and the Fulanis just scored one against Tinubu. The dynamics of Nigerian politics right now, with what happened in the parliament and a lot of things unfolding (they just selected a another Northerner to be the Accountant General of the country - after taking the executive, judiciary, and legislative arms of government) in this current government is akin to GEJ's government - the bastion just shifted to the North.

Tinubu needs to play smart and understand that the interests of a bloc is on his back. I don't know how he's going to go about it - but he can't get overly friendly with them, and let them keep using his bloc to achieve whatever they plan to achieve.
Hausa-Fulani didn't score anything. Saraki, a former PDP member gang up with his former
party members who are majorly from the South-south and South east to take over the Senate's seat. There's nothing fulanish about it. It was all politics.

8 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by A7(m): 6:19pm On Jun 15, 2015
Another bitter hypocrite!

This writer never like Tinubu in the first place, and his words shows he hates Apc. Infact he is rejoicing that Apc candidates lost because of Bukolas action, this Jonathanian is fooling no one but himself, last weeks events contradicts all that he wrote.

The fool keep talking about fulani this fulani that, yet refuses to touch on the 51 Apc senator's pledge who are mostly Hausa/fulani/northerners to support Tinubus candidates . He also refuse to tell us wheither Yakubu Dogara is Fulani or not. Infact both the candidates the Apc supported are neither Hausa nor Fulani.

In his retard.ed mind he is thinking and wanting people to see Tinubu as a failure who fail to see through conspiracies by "northerners" to sabotage his efforts, and therefore has to be ridiculed. What this id.iot fail to understand is "any gang up by whatever force to oppose Tinubu as long as it is Apc's subject, Tinubu will certainly overcome and shame it", and this is one reason why Saraki and Dogara connive with outside stooges like the Pdp to get what they wanted.

In the end Pdp is the butt of the joke, only 7 Apc lawmakers voted for Saraki the rest 50 are from Pdp. If anyone have to be laughted at it's certainly the docile Pdp who is unable to think of ways to reach to atleast 5 more senators to retain Sp seat.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by lokoloko84(m): 6:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
tawa89:
Lol..... If Fashola gets the he COS position, He will be the most powerful Yoruba in this Administration and He will lead. trust me he will, and when he does Southwest will follow him
I do not think you are from SW.You will not understand since you are just a theorist.
I wish you luck.
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Shymm3x: 6:22pm On Jun 15, 2015
luvmijeje:

Hausa-Fulani didn't score anything. Saraki, a former PDP member gang up with his former
party members who are majorly from the South-south and South east to take over the Senate's seat. There's nothing fulanish about it. It was all politics.

Lol.

Those were just useful idiots and pawns on the chessboard - the plan was hatched and executed by the North. Didn't you see the Atiku man celebrating the feat? And why didn't Buhari make a fuss about something that was against party rules? grin

Deeper than rap - when you understand politics, you'll see the bigger picture.

5 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by atlwireles: 6:22pm On Jun 15, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Boss, can you enlighten me more on this plzzzz...thanks

I have to ask you to seek some reading assignments on Cameroon's political history. Biya and Ahidjo his former boss fought over power and Biya won. That's the short version. Ahidjo a Fulani Moslem gave power to Biya a Roman Catholic and tried to take it back.
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Rawani: 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
luvmijeje:

Quick questions. Who nominated Saraki and who nominated Dogara?

It had everything to do with Fulani.

4 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by luvmijeje(f): 6:31pm On Jun 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol.

Those were just useful idiots and pawns on the chessboard - the plan was hatched and executed by the North. Didn't you see the Atiku man celebrating the feat? And why didn't Buhari make a fuss about something that was against party rules? grin

Deeper than rap - when you understand politics, you'll see the bigger picture.
This is the President response as at yesterday

The party didn’t want to present two candidates because if they presented two candidates, what we heard occurred (would have) eventually happened.”

Alluding to the deal struck by Saraki and the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (APC), Buhari observed that “one of the candidates went and got the support of the former ruling party, and he divided our party”.

That was why the party was not pleased about it. The party ran a primary and the one (Senator Ahmad Lawan) who was competing with Saraki won to become APC’s candidate in the Senate.

“But then Saraki did not agree with that; he virtually divided the party and he got the support of the PDP and he allowed a PDP senator to become his deputy
.”

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 15, 2015
Wonderful article OP.. very well written! I hereby confer you an honorary degree in international political theory..well done!

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by AbdH: 6:34pm On Jun 15, 2015
luvmijeje:

As clear as a sunny day but the OP and his cohorts want to make it appear differently, trying to cause division whre there is none. There is no Fulani agenda anywhere but a conspiracy by greedy APC members with their PDP friends against the party.
Prior to the elections, PDP fans banked on tribalism, it failed them but they won't stop and restrategise because they fail to realise that when you keep doing the same thing you keep getting the same result.

For the records, Fulani are minority in the house.

3 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by ideykwum: 6:35pm On Jun 15, 2015
Bros, you're right! It's admirable...in a perverse way! However, you get penetrated when you open your legs...no molestation can occur without capitulation! We gave away our birthright for a mess of porridge!! Period!!

tawa89:
But you ve to applaud their Political deftness and finesse plus their divide and rule tactics. They used same trick on Old Eastern Region and it worked wonders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why I Refused To Detonate My Explosive – Female Bomber (pic) / Boko Haram: What A Retired General Told Me About ‘defeat Claims’ – Fani-kayode / President Buhari Unveils 1 Million Bags Of Rice Pyramids In Abuja (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.