Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi (50635 Views)

Campaign Poster Of Bola Tinubu For Senate Under SDP In 1993 (Throwback Photo) / Photo Of Bola Tinubu On The 'wall Of Fame' As An Outstanding Alumni In America / The Begining Of The End Of Bola Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
Ok lets see where his patriotism will lead. You may bury your head in the sand like an ostrich but ask yourself this. The action he took will it draw the S.E and S.S closer to him and the S.W? forget this dream you have about tinubu being a patriot it is a barefaced lie. He has only one agenda and that is his own for himself it is not for anyone else. I am sure as a patriot when he is being buried and thrown into irrelevance by his darling north the whole south will rise and fight with him. NOT! that is what it is about. Will the whole south rise and stand behind him like the whole north rose and stood behind buhari if need be?
datribune:

Tinubu is a patriot.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by NathanielJande: 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
This is no doubt a very educative piece. How I wish everybody would read this piece. In my opinion, the so called Fulani oligarchy will continue to succeed particularly in this fresh onslaught, only if the Yoruba politicians/elite continue to be divided, selfish and envious of one another. Just imagine the kind of envy against Tinubu.
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Shymm3x: 3:38pm On Jun 16, 2015
Malawian:

just how many are the fulani in number? neither are they that smart as well. during my service year, i was on a bike on independence way kaduna only to see that most certainly was a bus load of british operatives being led by nigerian policemen.
when you see a soldier, you will know, those guys i saw were not tourist, which brings me to the point i was going to make.
the fulani supposed smartness in nothing other than british logistics being supplied to them on a platter just to keep subjugating the south and reaping our resources.

you talked about how the fulaniman lost his power bid to Biya in cameroun. could it be because there was no british logistics at their beck and call?

Never called them smart - but you can't deny the fact that they're the political overlords of Nigeria. Blame the subservient Hausas, the reach of the Hausa language, and colonial legacy that left a disproportionate structure that favours them - or whatever you want to blame - but they run and own Nigeria.

However, West Africa (including Cameroun) is a different kettle of fish entirely - folks outsmart them in those places.

Fulanis run Nigeria!
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by NewsHub: 3:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
A7:
Another bitter hypocrite!

This writer never like Tinubu in the first place, and his words shows he hates Apc. Infact he is rejoicing that Apc candidates lost because of Bukolas action, this Jonathanian is fooling no one but himself, last weeks events contradicts all that he wrote.

The fool keep talking about fulani this fulani that, yet refuses to touch on the 51 Apc senator's pledge who are mostly Hausa/fulani/northerners to support Tinubus candidates . He also refuse to tell us wheither Yakubu Dogara is Fulani or not. Infact both the candidates the Apc supported are neither Hausa nor Fulani.

In his retard.ed mind he is thinking and wanting people to see Tinubu as a failure who fail to see through conspiracies by "northerners" to sabotage his efforts, and therefore has to be ridiculed. What this id.iot fail to understand is "any gang up by whatever force to oppose Tinubu as long as it is Apc's subject, Tinubu will certainly overcome and shame it", and this is one reason why Saraki and Dogara connive with outside stooges like the Pdp to get what they wanted.

In the end Pdp is the butt of the joke, only 7 Apc lawmakers voted for Saraki the rest 50 are from Pdp. If anyone have to be laughted at it's certainly the docile Pdp who is unable to think of ways to reach to atleast 5 more senators to retain Sp seat.

This is the most sensible comment i have read here. One lousy writer just wrote nonsense because of his hatred for Tinubu and people are aligning with it.

Wait! Just as you noted, why is the writer running away from the fact that there were Fulani senators among the 51 APC senators that were absent. Also he has failed to tell us whether Dogara is fulani or not.

Another point he failed to note is the fact majority of the PDP senators that suppported Saraki are from the SE and SS. Or are Igbos and co now Fulani Is David Mark also Fulani

Dino Melaye is one of the brains behind the Saraki project...is he also Fulani

This writer should just go and sleep! His article is just too flat and does not hold water.

3 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Malawian(m): 3:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

It's easy to talk now with the benefit of hindsight. That period was a state of heightened fear and uncertainty. Many decisions were rushed, with untoward consequences.

For instance, Awo could not have toed the line of secession because the Yorubas were not prepared for war. In the last meeting Awo had with Ojukwu, he pointed out to Ojukwu about the unpreparedness of the Western Region. He asked Ojukwu for two weeks to consult with his people, after all he understood he could never force anything on them. Awo was still en route to the West when he heard about Ojukwu's declaration of the new state of Biafra! You see, there was no way Awo would trust Ojukwu, if he could not have Awo in confidence. Awo knew immediately after Ojukwu's declaration that Ojukwu no longer needed him, which effectively destroyed any further possible alliance.

but when the war started, the unprepared yorubas were suddenly prepared to shoot and anything that moved and what not.
how can you be claiming the yorubas were unprepared for war? the same yoruba who claims to have fought many wars and build empires?
nigga plzzzzz.

3 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Truckpusher(m): 6:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
Shymm3x:

Brev, stay away from discussing politics and stick to truck pushing or chasing prepubescent girls cum sociopaths in the romance section everywhere. You're too effeminate and emotional for anything logical.

I thought you were running ya mouth that you lot would leave Nigeria, if Buhari were to win - what changed? So, now you're comfortable with just bunkering (illegal, I must say), while the owners of Nigeria keep the legal outflow, no? Perpetual cowards - all bark and no bite.

And nah, I never liked GEJ cos he was a failure of epic proportions, and everything wrong that shouldn't happened in a country, thrived under him. From nepotism, to insecurity, to extreme corruption, to underdevelopment, to brazen lack of accountability, foreign policy failure, to lack of institution, to utter disregard for the rule of law and leadership ethos etc.. Like seriously, what did GEJ achieve? His folks from the SS never enjoyed anything under him. Even Igbo interests weren't protected - the 2nd Niger bridge and inability to build a functional seaport in that axis.

You're just blinded by bigotry and stupidity - and you lack the wit to see beyond ya nostrils. This discourse is for higher minds not a playground for you and your ilk. undecided
Lamentation of a pained Yoruba boy. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Shymm3x: 6:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
Truckpusher:
Lamentation of a pained Yoruba boy. grin

Lmao says a flaming phag who was almost in tears when GEJ lost threatening fire and brimstone everywhere. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Truckpusher(m): 6:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lmao says a flaming phag who was almost in tears when GEJ lost threatening fire and brimstone everywhere. grin grin
Amuse ya self all you want but all you've got is a an ordinary commissioner in this present administration despite all your treachery ,double faced politics and back biting . grin
Even with all you contributed in ensuring that ya master up North gets power back your lord Tinubu was treated like a scumbag . grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Shymm3x: 6:54pm On Jun 16, 2015
Truckpusher:
Amuse ya self all you want but all you've got is a an ordinary commissioner in this present administration despite all your treachery ,double faced politics and back biting . grin
Even with all you contributed in ensuring that ya master up North gets power back your lord Tinubu was treated like a scumbag . grin

Like I give two fvcks about Tinubu apart from discussing politics. grin

Keep daydreaming and crying over spilled milk cos the fedora hat wearing gorilla got done in, while I stay smashing peng Igbo chics. I'll hand them over to you when I'm done. grin undecided
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by datribune: 8:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
thotsofnaij:
Ok lets see where his patriotism will lead. You may bury your head in the sand like an ostrich but ask yourself this. The action he took will it draw the S.E and S.S closer to him and the S.W? forget this dream you have about tinubu being a patriot it is a barefaced lie. He has only one agenda and that is his own for himself it is not for anyone else. I am sure as a patriot when he is being buried and thrown into irrelevance by his darling north the whole south will rise and fight with him. NOT! that is what it is about. Will the whole south rise and stand behind him like the whole north rose and stood behind buhari if need be?

[b]d Jagaban has nothing to prove to u or to anyone dat he is indeed a patriot. Bola Tinubu was a frontline member of NADECO & played a prominent role in d struggle 4 democracy in Nigeria. Even in dis dispensation he has contributed greatly to d deepening of our democracy & d breaking up of d evil strangle-hold on d nation by d PDP which swore to cling to power 4 d next 60yrs whether they perform or not.
While bigots who can not rise above tribe & tongues continue to pour oppprobium on him, d patriotic majority of nigerians remain grateful to him & continue to support him 4 raising d standard against a clueless, confused & overwhelmed PDP govt.
Not minding d happenings in d national assembly, going forward, d Jagaban can only grow frm strength to strength as he has been doing since 1999. Afterall Buhari suffered worse & was even declared unelectable by people who did not believe in him. We who believed in him hav today made him president. When d history of nigeria is written, d Asiwaju's name will surely be written in gold.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 16, 2015
Ok.
datribune:

[b]d Jagaban has nothing to prove to u or to anyone dat he is indeed a patriot. Bola Tinubu was a frontline member of NADECO & played a prominent role in d struggle 4 democracy in Nigeria. Even in dis dispensation he has contributed greatly to d deepening of our democracy & d breaking up of d evil strangle-hold on d nation by d PDP which swore to cling to power 4 d next 60yrs whether they perform or not.
While bigots who can not rise above tribe & tongues continue to pour oppprobium on him, d patriotic majority of nigerians remain grateful to him & continue to support him 4 raising d standard against a clueless, confused & overwhelmed PDP govt.
Not minding d happenings in d national assembly, going forward, d Jagaban can only grow frm strength to strength as he has been doing since 1999. Afterall Buhari suffered worse & was even declared unelectable by people who did not believe in him. We who believed in him hav today made him president. When d history of nigeria is written, d Asiwaju's name will surely be written in gold.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by PabloAfricanus(m): 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
Shymm3x:

Err, let me correct a few things in ya post and I'll be as precise as I can.

I'd say Awolowo, despite the fact that he thrived in isolationism, perhaps due to the fact that he never really like the Fulani oligarchs, actually wanted to work with Zik. While Akintola preferred the North. Even a mad man back then should know that you can more than one region to get to the center. However, before the election - there was already a deal between the Brits and Zik, for NCNC to form a coalition with the North, hence the election was rigged in the Eastern region. The card they used against Zik and Okotie-Eboh were the corruption charges in NCNC during that period. The Brits couldn't use Awolowo cos he was too intelligent for them and never trusted their intentions, hence they opted for Zik and the corruption charges was the icing on the cake. This issue has been over-flogged on BBC 4 by Brits who were there, and they were the ones who conducted the election. Ditto a few MI6 files have been declassified, and those files add credence to it. Then you had the nonsense Zik and other Igbos were talking about during that era about how Igbos would dominate everyone and that they're the chosen people. Like seriously, who would want to work with folks as unnecessarily conceited as these people? I guess that was why Zik was kicked out of the Western region.

Also, Awolowo choosing secession back then would've been costly. The man just came out prison, and was thrown into a quagmire - that would make or mar the future, with no preparations whatsoever. And the hopes of a region on his back. What do you expect him to do? Ojukwu also never helped with the invasion of the Mid West. If the Biafrans had dug in to create layers of defenses in their region, without the suicidal military excursion into other regions - and opened one front against the North. I believe it would've been a different story. However, Ojukwu had his eyes on the oil in the Niger Delta and Lagos. And you can't go against what the powers that be also have eyes on - the Brits wanted the oil as well. That was his Achilles heel.

I laugh when these clowns run around shouting One-Nigeria everywhere. Nigeria wasn't created for none of them. The only folks benefiting from the One-Nigeria experiment are the colonists (Nigeria is fully back under the UK now) and the Fulanis. And maybe it benefits the Igbos as well cos they don't have a enough land mass for their huge population and they get more money from the country than they contribute. But I still believe Nigeria also stunted their growth. As for the rest: they're not benefiting anything from Nigeria. The first republic showed what a Yoruba country would look like, with all the strides they made. Nigeria destroyed all that.

Well...thats an interesting perspective, but certain facts still stand out.

1) The Egbe Omo Oduduwa was a calculated attempt to create a Yoruba political party, run by Yorubas and for Yorubas.
Initially the NCNC Yoruba stalwarts saw it for what it was and were reluctant to join.
Before the Adeyemos and co launched the Egbe in Lagos,
the leading party for both Yorubas and Igbos was the Herbert Macaulay-led NCNC, even after Zik took over.
You also cannot compare the Egbe to the Ibibio State Union or the Ibo State Union of which Zik was president.
Those were largely community/town development unions with limited political affiliations.
Sure they could be called upon to assist in political campaigns, but they were not a partisan political vehicle.
The Egbe on the other hand, was formed in London by some of the top Yoruba intellectuals, made legitimate and official in an elaborate
3 day ceremony at Ife, headquartered in Ibadan, and drew the line between the Zik-led NCNC and "Yoruba" politics.
It was a vehicle to whittle down Zik's influence and control Yoruba politics for Yorubas.
Zik understood the game and lashed out as expected against the Egbe.
I dont think Zikist statements no matter how provocative alienated the Yoruba core of NCNC.
Awo saw the bigger game of independence coming up and read the handwriting on the wall.
He never believed in those Zikist nationalist fantasies, cos he rightly understood the resource extraction game
the British and the Fulanis were playing. It was a colonial racket and the Fulanis were the house masters.
You were right, Awo's politics was Yoruba isolationism through and through and he was direct and unapologetic about it.

2) On the allegations of corruption against Zik, there was no reason why Zik should not have emerged the executive
of Nigeria's first indigenous government. The only reason would be his threat to more powerful interests.
Zik was a threat to the British interests, cos being an Igbo man, he had little or no respect for systems that are not driven by equal merit.
A man achieved greatness on his own, not just because of his fathers lineage or some glorified royalty.
The British knew Zik would not deal easy.
The railway lines built for the exclusive purpose of extracting mineral resources to Europe,
the Shell oil installations, the forced trade concessions, all were certain to be reviewed by Zik if given executive powers.
The Hausa/Fulanis on the other hand understood the game of serfhood perfectly...it was their native system of government after all.
Even the Yorubas, Edos, Nupes and other groups with established social hierarchies understood the concept of tribute and taxes.
It was foreign and repugnant to the Igbos and most Easterners.

All the regional premiers Awo included could have been nailed for corruption, cos they largely exercised cult status control of
public finances. Infact Awo's was the model Tinubu adopted...Zik was not even that brazen. You control the central purse
and the incoming revenue streams through various fronts.
The Coker commission against Awo in 1962 used the same strategy the British had used to neutralize Zik in 1956.
They both fell for the British mandated legal loop holes in the Regional Market Boards setup and party financing schemes.
If you did not know that Okotie-Eboh was a British plant and his unlimited funds was channeled by the British, then you may
have to read up on that aspect of the take over of NCNC by the British via Okotie-Eboh.

The British were clear that Zik would not pay homage and tribute, would not sign the secret trade deals and concessions that would give
London economic mastery over her old colony.Thus, he had to be eliminated from the executive chair.
If the election was rigged in the SE, it had to be in Okotie-Eboh's favour, not certainly Zik.
He was a cult hero not just to the Igbos but to most of the SE.

3) The January 1966 sad event was a likely response by informed officers who staked it all to end the British chicanery with
the Northerners and their stooges. They knew that the British had deliberately screwed both Zik and Awo,
were responsible for the intelligence that saw Awo in jail, were responsible for the neutralization of Zik thereby robbing him of
his rightful place at national politics. They saw the hand of the British in the citing of the army installations, future Northern military
dominance of the infantry and army high command, the whole lopsided parliamentary setup where an arid north was
allocated higher census figures than a rain forest south.
It probably was an attempt to correct the handover of Nigeria to the Fulani oligarchs and their British plants.

4) On the secession thingy, all that was needed was the appropriate funding and availability of arms.
Yorubas had tough fighting men who were ready to go all the way. You seem to silently ignore that fact, like all the men
in the SW were either dead or not available.
When the British made arms and funds available to Gowon, you know the rest...Yoruba soldiers like Obasanjo,Ariyo, Adekunle, Alabi Isama,
Akinrindade and co did most of the strategic dirty work.
Simply put, the Yorubas chickened out of the game to correct the injustices the British had been meting out to them with the
help of the Northerners.
Ogundipe was not even man enough to stand his ground and rally round what ever support he could gather
from the Yoruba officers around.
This was the opportunity Awo had been dreaming of, to cut off the artificial statehood and allow the Yorubas do their own thing
their own way.
A possible strategic option would have been to set aside the murders of Ademulegun, Shodeinde and the rest...and maybe
give the Igbos support to go up north through Benue or Lokoja to stop the advance of the Northerners, while they drove them out
and took over Lagos.
If they had pooled their strengths, they could have jointly beaten the Brits at their own game...and secured independent statehood
for themselves. The slight of the murders of Yoruba officers in Jan 1966 could be addressed later.

My opinions...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by ArodeTsolaye: 10:04pm On Jun 16, 2015
Shymm3x:

Like I give two fvcks about Tinubu apart from discussing politics. grin

Keep daydreaming and crying over spilled milk cos the fedora hat wearing gorilla got done in, while I stay smashing peng Igbo chics. I'll hand them over to you when I'm done. grin undecided

This guy can't get his d1cck erect for 2mins but he makes the loudest noise about smashing poozies. blehehehehe!. Go back to ya burger flipping buddy before you kill your self wanking off to imaginary poozies. blehehehe!
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by tomakint: 10:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
atlwireles:

What is there to applaud, sorry I don't see it. The Fulani political position is well known in Nigeria, there is no deftness and finesse involved. The fools willingly leading themselves into bondage is the tragedy that needs explanation.
Spot on bro, spot on......this is what I have been beating hard into the thick skulls of many 'blind Bartimaeuses' here especially from the Yoruba divides all these years but they would never listen undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

At no point in time did Awolowo and Ojukwu discuss the Western State going to war in 1966/7. Go read Awolowo's war account, "Awo On Nigerian Civil War." Ajuluchukwu, one of Ojukwu's aids had a secret recorder he used to record the discussion between Ojukwu and Awolowo at the state house in Enugu.

My earlier post was an explanation of what transpired between the two, not a quote. Besides, both Awo and Ojukwu had no pretensions about what secession meant.

The meeting that was secretly recorded was the earlier one that included Awo' delegation. After that meeting, Ojukwu went back to meet Awo in his Hotel room. But Awo insisted on having two people with him, which Ojukwu didn't object to. Ojukwu went to inform Awo that his people had finally decided to secede. On hearing that, Awo asked Ojukwu to give him two weeks notice before announcing secession, amd Ojukwu promised him he would.

Both men did discuss about secession if Hilary Njokwu's account is anything to go by. (Hilary Njoku: "A Tragedy Without Heroes: p141)

For a more expansive account, you may read Wole Soyinka: You Must Set Forth At Dawn, pages 131-
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by noah91(m): 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

The whole north doesn't see saraki as a Yoruba, saraki himself has never proclaimed his yorubaness. Even tinubu doesn't see him as such.
Guess only nl yorubas view him as yoruba
And u think d North see Saraki as a fulani? Saraki might nt hv proclaimed his yorubaness because of his political ambition n because he is from a geopolitical zone that has fulani majority. Genetically n in terms of association, saraki is much more a yoruba than a fulani.
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by noah91(m): 11:04pm On Jun 16, 2015
[quote author=fx45 post=34808082]
This kid doesn't seem to understand what exactly is happening..... The powerplay going on now is way deeper than the gibberish you just typed.

Osinbajo, a Yoruba man is the Vice President.... Where exactly do you think he belongs in the overall scheme of things in Nigeria today? Nowhere! He's just like a robot.... Hey mr matured, half bread is better than none. We hv d no 2 position, what position does ur tribe have. Cry 4 ur people first b4 u sympathize with us
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by pazienza(m): 11:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
is more viable.
I had long said, the Yorubas decision to
vote against a SS/ SE candidate in the
just concluded election has made the
emergence of a future president from the
south, via voting process, impossible.
They have made the North eternal
presidents, the battle is now between the
SW and SS/SE on who produces the VP.
Any party that presents a southern
president in the future will lose, because
the rest of the south will align with the
North to scuttle that southern president in
exchange for a VP position from the
North. Forget Igbo presidency, it's not
going to happen, that's why those who
can see are now seeing that outright
secession is the only way we can achieve
Igbo presidency. And having a unified
political direction away from the APC
controlled centre will help us achieve that.
When it comes to Ndiigbo, Nigerians don't
apply logic, you are too blind to this fact.
In 1999, Ekwueme was a better
consensus builder than Okorocha, had
more non Igbo friends in high places, was
more qualified than OBJ, it had been long
we had an Igbo president then, yet twice
he was humiliated by his PDP friends in
the primaries, simply because he was
Igbo.
After OBJ had been the Nigerian president
just recently, Ndiigbo had not been for
decades, yet APC picked a Yoruba man
ahead of Okorocha and Amaechi as the
VP.
If they couldn't give Okorocha the VP slot,
it is quite naive of you to think they have
plans of making him the president in the
future, his crime is simple, he isn't
Arewa-Odua, same crime GEJ was guilty
of.
https://www.nairaland.com/2241449/questions-okorocha-ngige-onu-buhari/2#32480956
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by pazienza(m): 11:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
"APC cannot win with a Yoruba president, the Yorubas are minorities in the south, and the North will always vote for a Northern president only. The moment APC presents a Yoruba president, and the PDP presents a Northern president with SS/SE VP, APC will lose, as only Yorubas will vote for them. Your act in this 2015 election means there can never be a SW president in the future".
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by EMANY01(m): 11:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
TayoT:

Jonathan's failure to secure a decentralized future for Nigeria is what is discussed in the article and not his failure to govern well. Read again. He refused to play dirty politics which unfortunately is the only way to secure victory around here and for that he has thrown away all he has strived for in bettering Nigeria as a nation.

dBard:

I tend to agree with tawa89, it takes a level of deftness n finesse to play d same trick on an informed audience, with so many variations and Yet get the same response.

My take in all this, is that it's high time the 'south' takes its eyes away from d centre and develop themselves first @home. It's important we do this cos if not, the 'northern oligarchy' will always play n prey on that greed to their advantage.
Human. nd material resource development and control will eventually get us there.

meccuno:
you need the aggressiveness of the igbos to match the aggressiveness of the North......when the south stays united.....its not a cat and mouse game dude....look @ the bigger picture....most people fail to understand these characteristics of an average igbo man.......if you don understand this,then I don't think the SW are advanced the way the SW has painted their selves......they don't feel comfortable being with the igbos.....they think they are more superior to the igbos because they embraced education early.......and the igbo man believes educated or not, everyone is equal........and believe everybody has the chance to be great.......the problem is understanding these traits.....if you notice,many igbos have been made to believe that the SWterners are cowards and traitors......just two......the only thing the yorubas would do is unite with the south give them their words and in time of battle they would be ready to fight......and the do it.....then the fulanis who u claim are grand masters in politics would be dymistified....its just politics....if you can't do this,then please drop that sophisticated tag......aligning with the north is very easy. Any section can do it.....uniting the south is where the real war is......if the igbos can vote for an ijaw man even with the betrayals and denials that they ijaw people did to them,then uniting the south is not impossible.....
Malawian:

just how many are the fulani in number? neither are they that smart as well. during my service year, i was on a bike on independence way kaduna only to see that most certainly was a bus load of british operatives being led by nigerian policemen.
when you see a soldier, you will know, those guys i saw were not tourist, which brings me to the point i was going to make.
the fulani supposed smartness in nothing other than british logistics being supplied to them on a platter just to keep subjugating the south and reaping our resources.

you talked about how the fulaniman lost his power bid to Biya in cameroun. could it be because there was no british logistics at their beck and call?

DanielPop:

NO they are not. I have stopped them twice. Once during University department elections and also during our alumni elections. They are not smart but what they have going for them is solidarity. Their religion binds them together and as we know you cannot break the bunch but you can break the broomstick. We are better in politics than them. Infact if you check carefully, they plot using the best brains from the South whom they pay so well. Our problem is that we know too much! We see too much and we talk too much! We are always the first to bring down our own. While the fulani's tried so hard to keep a dead Yar'Adua in power, our brothers like Amaechi and Tinubu worked so hard to bring Jonathan down. Jonathan they said was "clueless" but Yar'Adua was DEAD!

Interesting points to note.
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by pazienza(m): 11:49pm On Jun 16, 2015
"Buhari won't need Tinubu help come
2019. SW is a minority, all Buhari need to
do is woo the SE/SS, by providing more
infrastructure for the zone, replacing
Osibanjo with a SS/SE man, and Tinubu
becomes history, as SW votes would
amount to nothing. I am sure the SS/SE
will be more than happy to spite Tinubu
and SW. And I am sure Buhari is well
aware of this.
So, if I were Tinubu, I would keep my
kleptomaniac side in check at the FG level
and just concentrate on milking Lagos
and SW as usual, I am sure the General
won't mind"

https://www.nairaland.com/2237874/first-thing-first-buhari-must/1#32366699

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by pazienza(m): 11:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
11:46pm On Apr 02
Obiagelli :
Tinubu has got to be the most
influential politician ever in the
history of Nigeria. I doff my hat.
"How? For agreeing to play a subordinate
to the North? Nawao! Never knew one can
become influential simply by being
subordinate to a master.
If he had built the AC to APC, and got the
North to play subordinate to aYoruba
president, I would be applauding too.
But what he did was provide a vehicle for
a Northern dominance, and carefully
positioned the Yorubas as the most
favourite to eat from the crumbs that
would fall off the Northern table, over the
SS/ SE, this wasn't different from what
Awo achieved in 1970.
But it comes with a price, like Awo actions
led to the divide between the SE and SW,
Tinubu's actions will put a divide between
the SS and SW.
The SW have officially ceased being part
of the political southern Nigeria, even
though they never were part of Southern
Nigeria, to begin with".
https://www.nairaland.com/2229262/jagaban/4#32289471
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Shymm3x: 12:13am On Jun 17, 2015
PabloAfricanus:

Well...thats an interesting perspective, but certain facts still stand out.

1) The Egbe Omo Oduduwa was a calculated attempt to create a Yoruba political party, run by Yorubas and for Yorubas.
Initially the NCNC Yoruba stalwarts saw it for what it was and were reluctant to join.
Before the Adeyemos and co launched the Egbe in Lagos,
the leading party for both Yorubas and Igbos was the Herbert Macaulay-led NCNC, even after Zik took over.
You also cannot compare the Egbe to the Ibibio State Union or the Ibo State Union of which Zik was president.
Those were largely community/town development unions with limited political affiliations.
Sure they could be called upon to assist in political campaigns, but they were not a partisan political vehicle.
The Egbe on the other hand, was formed in London by some of the top Yoruba intellectuals, made legitimate and official in an elaborate
3 day ceremony at Ife, headquartered in Ibadan, and drew the line between the Zik-led NCNC and "Yoruba" politics.
It was a vehicle to whittle down Zik's influence and control Yoruba politics for Yorubas.
Zik understood the game and lashed out as expected against the Egbe.
I dont think Zikist statements no matter how provocative alienated the Yoruba core of NCNC.
Awo saw the bigger game of independence coming up and read the handwriting on the wall.
He never believed in those Zikist nationalist fantasies, cos he rightly understood the resource extraction game
the British and the Fulanis were playing. It was a colonial racket and the Fulanis were the house masters.
You were right, Awo's politics was Yoruba isolationism through and through and he was direct and unapologetic about it.

2) On the allegations of corruption against Zik, there was no reason why Zik should not have emerged the executive
of Nigeria's first indigenous government. The only reason would be his threat to more powerful interests.
Zik was a threat to the British interests, cos being an Igbo man, he had little or no respect for systems that are not driven by equal merit.
A man achieved greatness on his own, not just because of his fathers lineage or some glorified royalty.
The British knew Zik would not deal easy.
The railway lines built for the exclusive purpose of extracting mineral resources to Europe,
the Shell oil installations, the forced trade concessions, all were certain to be reviewed by Zik if given executive powers.
The Hausa/Fulanis on the other hand understood the game of serfhood perfectly...it was their native system of government after all.
Even the Yorubas, Edos, Nupes and other groups with established social hierarchies understood the concept of tribute and taxes.
It was foreign and repugnant to the Igbos and most Easterners.

All the regional premiers Awo included could have been nailed for corruption, cos they largely exercised cult status control of
public finances. Infact Awo's was the model Tinubu adopted...Zik was not even that brazen. You control the central purse
and the incoming revenue streams through various fronts.
The Coker commission against Awo in 1962 used the same strategy the British had used to neutralize Zik in 1956.
They both fell for the British mandated legal loop holes in the Regional Market Boards setup and party financing schemes.
If you did not know that Okotie-Eboh was a British plant and his unlimited funds was channeled by the British, then you may
have to read up on that aspect of the take over of NCNC by the British via Okotie-Eboh.

The British were clear that Zik would not pay homage and tribute, would not sign the secret trade deals and concessions that would give
London economic mastery over her old colony.Thus, he had to be eliminated from the executive chair.
If the election was rigged in the SE, it had to be in Okotie-Eboh's favour, not certainly Zik.
He was a cult hero not just to the Igbos but to most of the SE.

3) The January 1966 sad event was a likely response by informed officers who staked it all to end the British chicanery with
the Northerners and their stooges. They knew that the British had deliberately screwed both Zik and Awo,
were responsible for the intelligence that saw Awo in jail, were responsible for the neutralization of Zik thereby robbing him of
his rightful place at national politics. They saw the hand of the British in the citing of the army installations, future Northern military
dominance of the infantry and army high command, the whole lopsided parliamentary setup where an arid north was
allocated higher census figures than a rain forest south.
It probably was an attempt to correct the handover of Nigeria to the Fulani oligarchs and their British plants.

4) On the secession thingy, all that was needed was the appropriate funding and availability of arms.
Yorubas had tough fighting men who were ready to go all the way. You seem to silently ignore that fact, like all the men
in the SW were either dead or not available.
When the British made arms and funds available to Gowon, you know the rest...Yoruba soldiers like Obasanjo,Ariyo, Adekunle, Alabi Isama,
Akinrindade and co did most of the strategic dirty work.
Simply put, the Yorubas chickened out of the game to correct the injustices the British had been meting out to them with the
help of the Northerners.
Ogundipe was not even man enough to stand his ground and rally round what ever support he could gather
from the Yoruba officers around.
This was the opportunity Awo had been dreaming of, to cut off the artificial statehood and allow the Yorubas do their own thing
their own way.
A possible strategic option would have been to set aside the murders of Ademulegun, Shodeinde and the rest...and maybe
give the Igbos support to go up north through Benue or Lokoja to stop the advance of the Northerners, while they drove them out
and took over Lagos.
If they had pooled their strengths, they could have jointly beaten the Brits at their own game...and secured independent statehood
for themselves. The slight of the murders of Yoruba officers in Jan 1966 could be addressed later.

My opinions...

I agree with almost everything you posited apart from the excerpts about Zik of Onitsha.

Zik of Onitsha was a corrupt opportunist and he was no threat to anyone. All the posturing was for Igbo domination and to enrich himself as he did with NCNC's money with Okotie-Eboh. The Brits described him as utterly corrupt and those British OxBridge graduates who were sent to Nigeria back then called him utterly corrupt during the interview on BBC 4.

Zik of Onitsha played his card when he was ceremonial president by making sure that all the positions allocated to the South under that government went to Igbos. And when he lost out in the power struggle to Akintola - that was the reason why he colluded with Ifeajuna to plot the 1966 coup. The coup wasn't an Nzeogwu coup - that was a Zik and Ifeajuna coup.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by pazienza(m): 12:24am On Jun 17, 2015
When they were gloating over Buhari's victory, I told them things they were too blind to see, things their Igbophobia and hatred of anybody( GEJ) associated with oiNdiigbo won't let them see!

Now, there is no going back. The SW can never be trusted by the SS or SE ever again, they have burnt the bridges, any body that seeks to form an alliance with Yorubas must be foolish. There can never be unity between SE and SW ever , past and recent history demands so, and what this means is that the North is set to rule over democratic Nigeria for eternity. They will use both PDP and APC to achieve this. The North can't just believe their luck. Tinubu was indeed a great political strategist in his dreams, lol!

Biafra is the only solution to this conundrum for an Igboman.
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by pazienza(m): 12:34am On Jun 17, 2015
Shymm3x:

I agree with almost everything you posited apart from the excerpts about Zik of Onitsha.

Zik of Onitsha was a corrupt opportunist and he was no threat to anyone. All the posturing was for Igbo domination and to enrich himself as he did with NCNC's money with Okotie-Eboh. The Brits described him as utterly corrupt and those British OxBridge graduates who were sent to Nigeria back then called him utterly corrupt during the interview on BBC 4.

Zik of Onitsha played his card when he was ceremonial president by making sure that all the positions allocated to the South under that government went to Igbos. And when he lost out in the power struggle to Akintola - that was the reason why he colluded with Ifeajuna to plot the 1966 coup. The coup wasn't an Nzeogwu coup - that was a Zik and Ifeajuna coup.

Ever since it was made a public knowledge to Yorubas that Nzeogwu was actually from the current SS and since they parrot about that Igboland started and ended in SE, hence Nzeogwu coup going by this their logic couldnt have been an Igbo coup, I have noticed this new tendency of Yorubas to shift the coup to Ifeajuna, obviously because Ifeajuna was from the present SE, and hence his "Igboness" was not in doubt.

One can't help but notice this desperate effort by Yorubas to make sure that by fire and by force, the 1966 coup be seen as an Igbo coup, plotted to further Igbo political interest, even when this view lacks no substance, but as usual, they( Yorubas) believe that by repeating it often and on, it would take the place of the truth.

It's a bit intriguing.

4 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by PabloAfricanus(m): 1:06am On Jun 17, 2015
Shymm3x:

Doesn't it sound funny listening to the Brits tag a politician as "utterly corrupt" and label him as "bad" cos he "enriched himself using public finances"?
Like seriously? A lion judging hyenas for hunting antelopes in the same jungle? That's utterly ridiculous.
All politicians are corrupt and opportunists...its the currency of the game. You are literally forced to double speak and compromise. The silly BBC idiat interviews did not bring a new revelation...its just the same old self serving posturing of the British.
These devious thieves wrote the bible on corruption and bribery. They ruled the waves through every form of chicanery, theft, piracy, posturing, falsification and badness known to man.

The fact was that Zik was setup. As Awo was.
There was little or no legal avenue to finance the NCNC political machine than through the routes those two took.
They just didn't see through the legal loop holes in the laws guiding the running of those regional offices.
The Brits had knowingly put them there knowing their self conceit and their self flattery won't allow them think strategically.
Those tricks would not have worked with the Northern emirates cos a legal Islamic system of taxation was already in place before the Brits forced their way in. They'd have seen through the whole "legal", "constitutional" and "court/judiciary" nonsense game...which was a Brit ploy to replace their native laws and authorities with Britished-coined legal nonsense.

Zik was totally gamed and he even facilitated it by his self conceit and lack of exposure to proper state politics.

I don't know if the 1996 coup was sponsored by Zik or not.
Arguments could be made that Awo was already trying to achieve what the young turks of 1966 did before he was caught and jailed. And he even reportedly tried it again during IBB's era and as they said chose the easy way out.

The new nation was looking to implode sooner than later...the British had carefully crafted a Northern hegemony. The sardauna was to use the office of the prime minister in whittling down the Igbo presence in the officer corps, foreign and civil service. The Yorubas had already been sold out by Akintola,Ademulegun and crew. The sardauna was getting ready for a showdown with the Igbos...as the West had already experienced their own wetie...with Balewa ordering the military to the streets of Ibadan.
And ofcourse the govt in Lagos was run by the North. Zik and Ironsi were largely ceremonial figure heads.
Zik found out to his chagrin what "executive" powers really mean. Awo knew the game but was too selfish and cunning to compromise with Zik.
I think its more probable that Awo had a hand in the 1966 coup than Zik...the hits could only favor an Awo return. Zik being an Igbo stood nothing to gain...as the aggrieved North and West would not live to see him usurp their positions...after the cold blooded murder of their leaders.

The January boys ultimately turned out to be revolutionaries who did not understand the game...and ended up confusing good intentions with doing the right thing at the right time.
I think they were used...and between Zik and Awo...the later was the more likely culprit.

I could be wrong though.

5 Likes

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:24am On Jun 17, 2015
noah91:
And u think d North see Saraki as a fulani? Saraki might nt hv proclaimed his yorubaness because of his political ambition n because he is from a geopolitical zone that has fulani majority. Genetically n in terms of association, saraki is much more a yoruba than a fulani.
Which association?

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by chiedu7: 4:37am On Jun 17, 2015
basilo101:
Yorubas were in a hurry to stop igbos from political relevance, they shud have been the ones to strike a deal with ekweremadu in return to support for gbaja, but were blinded by the excitement of taking igbos out of corridors of power. yorubas shud kw that the north is observing their betrayal of fellow southerners and can never trust them. Imagine kwankwaso and Tambuwal being a part of this plot. Only a yoruba and igbo combination can clip the wings of the north, but over sabi wont allow the yorubas

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Nobody: 5:27am On Jun 17, 2015
OMG go and get a clue dude.

Shymm3x:

Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:21am On Jun 17, 2015
Malawian:

but when the war started, the unprepared yorubas were suddenly prepared to shoot and anything that moved and what not.
how can you be claiming the yorubas were unprepared for war? the same yoruba who claims to have fought many wars and build empires?
nigga plzzzzz.

Your riposte is ludicrous. Every war is never the same: go ask Napoleon, he fought many wars. The unpreparedness Awo made reference to was that against the North. The North and the West fighting Biafra was a different proposition entirely!

Awo warned Ojukwu there was no way he would win if the Eastern Region tried secession alone, that he shouldn't do anything rash.

I would advise you to read Hilary Njokwu's war memoirs, A Tragedy without Heroes (page 141)

Kindest regards.
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:32am On Jun 17, 2015
Dollyak:

seriously do you have the source for this narratives? Please.

Wole Soyinka's memoirs, You Must Set Forth At Dawn (you may read from page 131)

Hillary Njokwu's war memoirs, A Tragedy Without Heroes (page 141).
Re: The Fulani Solidarity And Betrayal Of Bola Tinubu By Remi Oyeyemi by slyopez(m): 7:23am On Jun 17, 2015
The game just begun, hausa/fulani will frustrate mere commissioner "Osibande" to resign and pick SS/SE VP in other to finish Tinubu baje baje.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Wedding Of Seyi Tinubu And Layal Holm (Photos) / The Men Who Battled Rochas Okorocha At The APC Congress In Imo. Photos / D’banj And Duncan Mighty Visit Wike At Rivers Government House. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.