Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,527 members, 7,770,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:42 AM

Ice Block Making Machine - Business To Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Ice Block Making Machine (101297 Views)

Nigerian Automatic Block Making Machine For Sale / Ice Block Making Machine Available For Sale / China Supplier Of Ice Block Mahine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2009
This is what i found from my research over a long period of time. There is this company called STAR MANUFACTURING (Its a U.S Company but dont know where they are based). They have a very portable ice machine (See pics below). Models B-440 and B-870. However, they dont market the machines themselves. They just sell through various Ice Equipment companies throughout the USA.

One of such company is U.S Ice in Miami, Florida. Like i said, They are not the original maker of the machine but was manufactured under their name.

The company's website is: http://www.usice.us/

Another company is Modern Ice. (Modernice.com). They sell the machine too. The smaller B-440 can produce Twenty one (21) - 6.3kg ice blocks every 12 hours while the larger B-870 machine can produce Forty One (41) - 6.3kg ice blocks every 12 hours.

From U.S Ice website, the small B-440 costs $7900 and the Big B-870 costs $8400. The other company dont have its prices posted. I am guessing they will be close to each other in prices too.

Enjoy

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 8:24pm On Jul 01, 2009
Pdozie:

As promised, I have sent you mail.

People:

Assume I am not selling machines but remain just a machine user. Ask anything about the biz and I will provide succint answers. Look at KUNLE_A's advertised machines and ask why "oyibo" man is saying the bigger produces 41 6.3 liter blocks (i.e 258.3 liters in 12 hours) rather than 500 in 24 hours (i.e 250 in 12). Truth cant be hidden for long. Condensing units have capabilities.

And we all (90%) use single phase compressors which cant exceed 2 X 3hp compressors

Muchos Gracias! Danke!. Nagode! E seun!
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 8:30pm On Jul 01, 2009
nuclearboy:

Pdozie:

As promised, I have sent you mail.

People:

Assume I am not selling machines but remain just a machine user. Ask anything about the biz and I will provide succint answers. Look at KUNLE_A's advertised machines and ask why "oyibo" man is saying the bigger produces 41 6.3 liter blocks (i.e 258.3 liters in 12 hours) rather than 500 in 24 hours (i.e 250 in 12). Truth cant be hidden for long. Condensing units have capabilities.

And we all (90%) use single phase compressors which cant exceed 2 X 3hp compressors

Muchos Gracias! Danke!. Nagode! E seun!

im confused here. which one makes 500 in 24hrs again?

I am not selling the machine. i dont work for the companies either. just sharing info.

Thanks
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2009
@ Pdozie,

What is the size of the blocks the deekooler machine makes? What is the electricity requirements? 1 or 3 phase?

Thanks
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2009
Pdozie openly sent me a file that all of us have access to where a 500 block per 6 - 8 hour machine is advertised. There are also models that do same in 24 hours. My understanding and the laws of physics etc inform that compressors of certain capabilities will overload when there is too much water loaded.

Thats what I referred to.

Please note again: its to protect the integrity of this business and enable you ask informed questions that I write these things. Im not bothered about other people getting work (as long as thier activities do not make me look like a liar/thief/fraudster when I drive past). Sun is big enough to shine on us all.

Please note: Any 3 phase machine in this country has to look towards self generated power as primary source of power. The indice is approx: 6:1 opposed to PHCN. For 1 Naira paid to Nepa, you spend 6 Naira on Diesel. That excludes maintenance costs.

1 Like

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2009
nuclearboy:

Pdozie openly sent me a file that all of us have access to where a 500 block per 6 - 8 hour machine is advertised. There are also models that do same in 24 hours. My understanding and the laws of physics etc inform that compressors of certain capabilities will overload when there is too much water loaded.

Thats what I referred to.

Please note again: its to protect the integrity of this business and enable you ask informed questions that I write these things. Im not bothered about other people getting work (as long as thier activities do not make me look like a liar/thief/fraudster when I drive past). Sun is big enough to shine on us all.

Please note: Any 3 phase machine in this country has to look towards self generated power as primary source of power. The indice is approx: 6:1 opposed to PHCN. For 1 Naira paid to Nepa, you spend 6 Naira on Diesel. That excludes maintenance costs.

what is your phone number, i can call u now. Not looking to purchase but will kick around some ideas wt u.
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 9:02pm On Jul 01, 2009
MTN: 08033272767
ETI: 08090666777

Give me half an hour b4 calling. I've been typing whist having a discussion with a coupla friends. Sorry for the delay but Id prefer not to have divided attention
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 11:16pm On Jul 01, 2009
KUNLE_A:

I just took another look at the pics you posted. Open them with Microsoft Picture Editor and magnify them [1]. They use propylene glycol (chemical based) [2] It says "THESE MODELS ARE DESIGNED FOR USE WHEN TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY ARE MAINTAINED AT 75 DEGREES AND 55 R.H. RESPECTIVELY. You will find both these legends beside the picture of the "OPTIONAL HARVEST TANK" in the third picture.

You tell me, brother, how you intend to keep Naijas temp at 75 Fahrenheit when average is over 95 Fahrenheit? Do you even know how to read talkless maintain humidity? Here's another indication that some of us are honest and are not looking to fool anyone. The environment and conditions matter!. Please always read the FINE PRINT.

Again, in the 2nd, it says you'll get harvests "UP TO EVERY 12 HOURS". I believe that means you could but again, may not.

I guess I've bored everyone (including myself) enough. I rest my case.
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 1:26am On Jul 02, 2009
nuclearboy:

KUNLE_A:

I just took another look at the pics you posted. Open them with Microsoft Picture Editor and magnify them [1]. They use propylene glycol (chemical based) [2] It says "THESE MODELS ARE DESIGNED FOR USE WHEN TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY ARE MAINTAINED AT 75 DEGREES AND 55 R.H. RESPECTIVELY. You will find both these legends beside the picture of the "OPTIONAL HARVEST TANK" in the third picture.

You tell me, brother, how you intend to keep Naijas temp at 75 Fahrenheit when average is over 95 Fahrenheit? Do you even know how to read talkless maintain humidity? Here's another indication that some of us are honest and are not looking to fool anyone. The environment and conditions matter!. Please always read the FINE PRINT.

Again, in the 2nd, it says you'll get harvests "UP TO EVERY 12 HOURS". I believe that means you could but again, may not.

I guess I've bored everyone (including myself) enough. I rest my case.

Use indoors. Rather than outdoors. undecided
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 8:41am On Jul 02, 2009
Ever tried putting an A/C condenser indoors? Please try it.

And these machines produce much more heat. Within half an hour, your "indoor" temp will exceed 105F and keep rising. And if you were thinking of the "split type" design, youre back to square one. Its the condensing unit (which would be outdoor in that case) that mainly reacts to the environment cos you're passing your heat thru it to the surroundings

1 Like

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by pdozie: 9:49am On Jul 02, 2009
@Kunle
deekooler machines are single phased. He did told me on phone the size of the blocks but forgot. Will contact him again and feeb back
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 10:09am On Jul 02, 2009
pdozie:

@Kunle
deekooler machines are single phased. He did told me on phone the size of the blocks but forgot. Will contact him again and feeb back

Ok. I will like to know the sizes. Especially the 500 Block machine
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by damhadji(m): 3:00pm On Jul 09, 2009
hey guys! did you get my reply in your email boxes?
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2009
damhadji:

hey guys! did you get my reply in your email boxes?

I did. Thanks. Will have to go over again and digest.
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by john1126(m): 7:13am On Jul 10, 2009
hi all

@nuclear
i appreciate the manner in which you have been explaining and answering questions.

now my question is this(tho i may sound foolish with some of my questions, bear with me, am new into the biz and live up north)

a. what other basic things does one need to keep the machine running at well over 50-70% apart from the shade and fully ventilated environment?
b. how do i identify the type of compressor(window/split)? are they written on it? if u have pix i will appreciate it.

c. Now my most important question,
- for an ice block machine what would u suggest as the best generator/fuel type requiered? dat is lister/diesel, yamaha/petrol etc becos nepa can fail?

- and how many litres/petrol would one need to make iceblock for a 1/2 compressor fridge for a period of 12hrs?

thanks for ur answers grin
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2009
Hi:

Sorry I couldn't reply immediately after you called.

You said your most important question is generator type: - Diesel is ideal. Take a look at the dataplate on your average petrol generator and you'll see they have high RPMs i.e. they move real fast. Diesel is more steady and varies between 1200 and 1800RPM whist Petrol will do 5100 on some models. Starting a high capacity motor like those found in compressors is like jump-starting a car. The effect (JERK BACKWARD) will be felt more on the higher speed generator. In effect, your petrol generator engine pistons will not last long used with compressors. Another allegory is cars versus trucks. Cars are light-weight and suited to petrol whist for heavier duty vehicles, diesel is preferred. European/American Diesel machines are much stronger than Asian models. However, they cost an arm and a leg.

Both Window and Split a/cs use the same type of compressors. Its the capacities that differ. A single phase compressor could be 1, 1 and half, 2, 2 and half or 3 Horsepower. Then there are the three phase which range from 3HP to 20, 000HP on Ship refridgerators (I'd like to see one of those one day!!!).
Its almost impossible to tell you how to know a compressors size as different makes have different nomenclatures for capacity. Copeland, Gibson and Carrier are just three popular names in the industry yet use different ways to show compressor size.

The most important issue is the design of the system. Some designs have inherent problems which impact negatively. Other machines utilize the cheapest of the cheap "parts". Buy cheap, pay twice then becomes "pay everyday" since you lose capacity daily plus have repeated break-downs. After design come shade and ventilation, high humidity (wet humid air speeds up refridgeration), good quality electricity (a machine will do better at 240Volts than at 212Volts), etc.

What do you mean by 1/2 Compressor fridge for a 12 hour period? I use NEPA/Diesel so I can't be precise about petrol anyway! Plus to answer your question, I'd need to know the HP and type of compressor, size of condenser and the quantity of water you're trying to freeze. Also, size (HP/KW/KVA) of generator and an idea of your ambient temp would help. Still, It'd just be an informed guess I'm giving.

Hope this helped somewhat. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by engineboy: 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2009
incase u are in ph and u need an ice block machine you can budget 400k for 200 blocks in 24 hrs, (3) 2 HP cmpressors 15kva power,. ive built for some persons. 07035231822
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2009
engineboy:

incase u are in ph and u need an ice block machine you can budget 400k for 200 blocks in 24 hrs, (3) 2 HP cmpressors 15kva power,. ive built for some persons. 07035231822

how big are the blocks?
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 7:40am On Aug 10, 2009
Bump
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2009
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by gmcln(m): 11:11pm On Aug 27, 2009
Try  this company, base in china

<http://www.ayimpex.com/index.html>[/url]

under product list, click food processing machine
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by pdozie: 1:16pm On Feb 18, 2010
Guys,
just to let you know that that acquired the machine from NuclearBoy last year, and no regrets

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 3:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
pdozie:

Guys,
just to let you know that that acquired the machine from NuclearBoy last year, and no regrets

Cheers

And how are u doing so far? Pls put up some pics if you don't mind.

Thanks
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by Ouji: 4:56pm On Feb 18, 2010
pdozie:

Guys,

Cheers

Please let us know what specs. you got and how you're doing.
Are you also in Ibadan? Is it true that that's the ice-town of Nigeria? 
Please post some pictures.

What do you guys think about ice cubes as opposed to ice blocks?
Is there anybody doing ice cubes at all?
What is the market like for cubes?
, Anybody?
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by mommamia: 12:00am On Feb 21, 2010
Nuclearboy where is your company,ave u got a website and what are ur prices. it appears u really know what you are doing man. i like ur head
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 10:42am On Mar 06, 2010
Whats the update here?
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by seunoshy: 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2010
ICE BLOCK MACHINE FOR SALE
DESCRIPTION
• 5.8 FEETS TALL
• SILVER COLOUR
• PRODUCTION CAPACITY: 80 PIECES
• FREEZING PERIOD :10 HOURS
• POWER CONSUMPTION:2 HORSE POWER

PRICE :#250[b][/b][b][/b],000 (Negotiable)…call 08055425118.or email:mindsetsconsult@yahoo.com
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 7:31pm On Mar 07, 2010
seunoshy:

ICE BLOCK MACHINE FOR SALE
DESCRIPTION
• 5.8 FEETS TALL
• SILVER COLOUR
• PRODUCTION CAPACITY: 80 PIECES
• FREEZING PERIOD :10 HOURS
• POWER CONSUMPTION:2 HORSE POWER

PRICE :#250[b][/b][b][/b],000 (Negotiable)…call 08055425118.or email:mindsetsconsult@yahoo.com

What is the ice block size? Any pics of the machine?
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by seunoshy: 7:55pm On Mar 07, 2010
the normal nylon mode , though the pictures are not available now , but have given all the description, thanks
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by Pinrikki: 4:40am On Mar 09, 2010
Hi guys,
I have just invested in an ice block making machine. I must confess that I was carried away by the advert for the machine. The initial production of the machine took almost 24hrs. I was horrified! Thereafter the situation did not improve as production continued to be unprofitable because the machine settled to a constant 15-18hrs per production. I spent sleepless nights, worrisome daytimes, countless phone calls and visits to the manufacturers of the machine in an attempt to find a solution to make the machine perform efficiently and make some profit. I was almost having hypertension!
My advise to anyone wanting to enter into this business is not to neglect to conduct a good feasibility studies, and unless you have a source of good and constant electricity you will just be working for the petrol stations, because your diesel bill will take a huge chunk of your earnings!
I was very intrigued by the analysis posted by nuclearboy in July 2009, It has helped me to understand the energy requirement of my machine. Thank you. I am not yet seeing blue on my bank acct but the proper understanding of the business has lowered my blood pressure. There is indeed a truth in the saying of the Good Book, "my people perish because of lack of knowledge".
I have browsed the internet for machines, there is a lot of stuff out there. Check out this firm from South Africa. email info@zbauns.com. I have also investigated some Nigerian companies who are into manufacturing e.g. Austen Laz in Benin, Powercool at Iyaganku in Ibadan, and several local fabricators. Their problem has been the tropicalisation of the machines.
The business of producing ice blocks is an industrial one, unless one is willing to correctly invest in it, the profit will remain marginal. One of the posts I read where someone stated that he had 4 machines and was virtually smiling to the bank confirms my findings that to make a profit one needs to go into this business on a fairly large scale . Thus, the truth of the matter is not in controversies on the type, design and capacity of the machine produced in Nigeria but on how to run this business profitably. I hope my experience is of some help. Ciao.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Withdraw Money From Limited Paypal Account | Bitcoin-Payoneer | iyemikEXchange / HolarDeb.org Nairaland CUSTOMER SUPPORT / Lets build an LPG/Cooking Gas Plant for you

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.