Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo (13201 Views)

Court Fines El-rufai N10,000 In Libel Suit Against Metuh / GEJ Denies Being Probed for Alledged Links to the NDA. Threatens Libel Suit / Buhari & Ojukwu Protesting Against Obasanjo's Govt (throwback Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 16, 2015
Ogun-East senator in the National Assembly, Buruji Kashamu, has withdrawn a N20.1bn libel suit he instituted against former President Olusegun Obasanjo before a Federal Capital Territory court in Abuja.

It was learnt that the presiding judge, Justice Valentine Ashi, struck out the suit on May 26, 2015, following the notice of discontinuance of the suit filed by the plaintiff.

Kashamu, a Peoples Democratic Party chief in Ogun State, was said to have anchored his decision to withdraw the suit on “an ongoing settlement talks” between him and Obasanjo.

But the lawyers who are representing the former President in the suit said they were not aware of such talks.

Kashamu had on February 6, 2014, sued Obasanjo for “maliciously and recklessly” publishing a letter titled, ‘Before it is too late,’ addressed to former President Goodluck Jonathan in December 2013.

The newly-inaugurated senator had asked the court to award him N20bn as aggravated and exemplary damages, and another N100m against Obasanjo for maliciously portraying him as a fugitive wanted for drug- related offences in the United States of America.

Kashamu had already called two of his three proposed witnesses before he decided to withdraw the suit.

The two witnesses who had appeared before the court, Haruna Rasheed and Omotayo Alade-Fawole, testified that the publication of Obasanjo’s letter in the media portrayed Kashamu in a bad light and destroyed their long years of business relationship with him.

But before he could call his third witness, Kashamu on December 5, 2014, moved the court to grant an order restraining Obasanjo from going ahead with the public presentation of his book, “My Watch.”

Kashamu had anchored the prayer on the grounds that the book touched on the subject matter of the libel suit.

But Obasanjo had shunned the court order and went ahead to present the book in Lagos on December 9, 2014.

The plaintiff, however, returned to court on December 10, to report that Obasanjo had flouted the December 5 court order.

Justice Ashi, in a ruling, held that Obasanjo was in contempt of court for flouting his order and directed the various security agencies to seize the copies of the books wherever they were found.

The judge also gave Obasanjo 21 days to show cause why he should not be punished for contempt.

The judge later lifted all orders against Obasanjo in a ruling delivered in April following counter arguments by Obasanjo’s lawyer, Mahmud Magaji (SAN).

Proceedings were to resume on the main libel case, when Kashamu brought an application for the withdrawal of the suit.

www.punchng.com/news/kashamu-withdraws-n20bn-libel-suit-against-obasanjo-2/
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by CheckAm: 8:28am On Jun 16, 2015
NAWAO
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by ta4ba3(m): 8:29am On Jun 16, 2015
Who fvck is dis guy above me... u just stole my space
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 16, 2015
ta4ba3:

don't worry. This topic is for the trash. It can't make front page

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by ta4ba3(m): 10:05am On Jun 16, 2015
victorels:

don't worry. This topic is for the trash. It can't make front page
I hope so
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 16, 2015
Or you can invite the power of lalasticlala and claim silver trophy.
It is better than non.
ta4ba3:

I hope so

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by Samtoby(m): 10:15am On Jun 16, 2015
ta4ba3:
I hope so
haha.. you really want the FTC space grin
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 16, 2015
Well, well well.....

Is a confession in the works?

Has there been some back scratching, some placatory advances?

Is it because there is a new broom in town?

Tune in for another episode of....Baba and the Baron......

5 Likes

Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by godoluwa(m): 10:48am On Jun 16, 2015
no comment
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by loomer: 10:48am On Jun 16, 2015
Him wan win before?
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by alaoeri: 10:48am On Jun 16, 2015
After all the initial gragra, coward.

6 Likes

Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by BarryX(m): 10:49am On Jun 16, 2015
This is some begging and loyalty stunt abeg to ensure he is not extradited.
Sue the motherfucker if you have the guts.

He is gradually showing his toilet-hiding cowardice

4 Likes

Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by Realdeals(m): 10:49am On Jun 16, 2015
why?
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by Mega2010(m): 10:50am On Jun 16, 2015
ta4ba3:
No vex sir,you will surely live to fight for the space again...hahahahahaha
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by free2ryhme: 10:51am On Jun 16, 2015
grin

The fear of being extradited gave rise to this withdrawal am sure. I just hope he would be forgiven and allowed to contribute meaningfully to the act of Law making in the country. Omode k'ole meko o je ko ma ra lowo........lol. He has learn t his lessons that u don't joke with an Idol like Obj.
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by free2ryhme: 10:52am On Jun 16, 2015
victorels:

www.punchng.com/news/kashamu-withdraws-n20bn-libel-suit-against-obasanjo-2/

The Ebora (monster) of Owu, Ogbugbu nduku himself. The one and only Baba Iyabo, no one dares to rub the edge of hi sword. Kashamu ti ori ko'le agbon.
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by Duletion(m): 10:53am On Jun 16, 2015
Do we have a court in Nigeria? I've never heard of any case judged in Nigeria that was not withdrawn.

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by PStacks(m): 10:54am On Jun 16, 2015
cheesy nobody gat tell am na..
Dem no dey tell blind man say rain dey fall

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by aaamos(m): 10:54am On Jun 16, 2015
kk
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 16, 2015
water don pass garri
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by PStacks(m): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2015
All these men we call Baba seems to know everything.

grin
#BabaObasanjo

grin
#BabaBuhari

Toh, Nigeria #SaiBaba. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by phlemzy: 10:58am On Jun 16, 2015
The guy don dey humble.
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by donsax: 11:00am On Jun 16, 2015
Lol....
The fear of extradiction is the beginning of humility.

4 Likes

Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by RichDad1(m): 11:00am On Jun 16, 2015
I said it before, This dude must swallow his pride, lower his ego and prostrate before OBJ,otherwise na free ticket to US fo A.
Anyways Big thanks to Awujale, Alake of Egba and the Ruler of Sagamu for helping him to clam baba down. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Fayose your day of reckoning is very near. The earlier you re-trace your steps and apologize the better.
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by PStacks(m): 11:01am On Jun 16, 2015
phlemzy:
The guy don dey humble.

Them no dey teach person Humility, when Jungle Mature, you must to Humble..
All these proud pompous e-rats TANoids wey dey nairaland never wan humble.
This revolution must take place even on the internet.

The Silent Bloodless Buhari Revolution

4 Likes

Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by PStacks(m): 11:02am On Jun 16, 2015
Allaha Eh Bia Baba.
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by Gboliwe: 11:02am On Jun 16, 2015
Seems like Obasanjo is above the law.

Abi our judiciary is just too weak, corrupt and porous?

2 Likes

Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by ceejay80s(m): 11:02am On Jun 16, 2015
Some people don dey fear letter bomb as it was in Dele giwa 1987
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by Addme: 11:05am On Jun 16, 2015
The fear of Obasanjo is the ..............
Re: Kashamu Withdraws N20bn Libel Suit Against Obasanjo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:10am On Jun 16, 2015
It remains a mystery how Obasanjo and Buhari come to be this dreaded. Even Gaddafi dreaded them.

God bless the President.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only One Chibok Girl Has A Baby - VP Osinbajo / El-Rufai Condemns Attack On Shehu Sani, Suleiman Kunkiyi And NUJ / Benue: Buhari Queries Police IG, Demands Full Report Of Police Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.