Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,835 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself (22722 Views)

Another Nigerian Man Takes A Nap With His Car In The Middle Of Highway / Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood / Man Uses "Juju" To Secure His Car After It Broke Down In A Ghetto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Okanyidudu: 8:40am On Jun 16, 2015
Hello Gurus in the house,

I need help with my car. The engine revs up and down all by itself. The effect is exactly like someone gently pressing down on the gas pedal and then letting up, over and over. This effect is most notable when the car is parked, but also occurs when stopped for red lights, or even during low-speed driving (under 35 mph or so).

The car in question is a Nissan X-Trail 2008 model.

@moderator, pls unban morningsta. not sure what offense was committed seriously.
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:57am On Jun 16, 2015
Okanyidudu:

I need help with my car. The engine revs up and down all by itself. The effect is exactly like someone gently pressing down on the gas pedal and then letting up, over and over. This effect is most notable when the car is parked, but also occurs when stopped for red lights, or even during low-speed driving (under 35 mph or so).

@moderator, pls unban morningsta. not sure what offense was committed seriously.

Have you scan the said vehicle?

2 Likes

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by abatically(m): 9:52am On Jun 16, 2015
Okanyidudu:

A kazeem has probably used pure water nylon to block ur idle air control valve lol grin. Try scanning the car.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Okanyidudu: 10:02am On Jun 16, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Have you scan the said vehicle?
Not yet. i was hoping I could get some ideas from experts in the house.
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by DECOtech(m): 12:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
Okanyidudu:

This issue is usually associated with your engine air intake system. there could be a leak which lets in un-metered air or or a faulty Idle Air Control valve (IAC). Which ever way, you need to have the vehicle scanned to narrow down the culprit.

Trust Gazzuzz for a scan and subsequent repair if you are in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by elohorayodele: 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2015
Auto mechanics de NL?
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Babaneh(m): 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2015
Beware of a possessed car from your village grin

Some parts in your engine is filled with dirt's or covered with smokes...
Take to your rewire to check for you...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by free2ryhme: 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2015
grin OJUJU MOTOR

7 Likes

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Built2last: 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2015
yes...The car is possessed...switch over to mercedes...demons fear Benz.

my arms are open to welcome you.

used a cross tour 4 years ago...felt i was driving a good car, it got stolen and now am on benz, thats the last bus stop.

just close your eyez and buy a good Benz.

the C series or the SLS series will do..avoid the E-series.

Benz- benz -benz...try and thank me later

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Hysmady(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
That car must have been made in a cursed factory with Witches and wizards... undecided Its better u take it Cele or Kerubu church...Dem go cast the evil with broom and holy water

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by moscobabs(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
Me too need help o...my car temperature shows high but no sign of overheating when I open the engine...although it overheated on Saturday when the fan stopped but it has been fixed don't know why the temperature is still high on jazboard o
The car is Nissan Quest 2000 model.thanks

Cc Gazuzz,Siena
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hmmm!

Like we say in Egba land, "Eleyin gidi gaan oo!"

Buh OP not to panic, ...

4 Likes

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by igbsam(m): 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
Take it to a pastor asap.

My Car does this at times too, but I have learnt to ignore it. It thinks it can scare me.

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by 1GIG: 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
LoL neva heard that type
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Firefire(m): 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
Wait
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by PStacks(m): 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
Just check the Turtle-cable.
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by phemmyfour: 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
Sell it!

2 Likes

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
Check your throttle system Something is wrong with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Melasam(f): 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
Probably it's possessed, like u asked.
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by moscobabs(m): 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
igbsam:
Take it to a pastor asap.

My Car does this at times too, but I have le
arnt to ignore it. It thinks it can scare me.
Did u take it to a pastor?
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
I have seen that episode on supernatural,your car is possessed by a malignant spirit,it would kill you one of these days. You need to call ghost busters

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by tuoyoojo(m): 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
ok

soak the engine inside holy water lol

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Someone Just Payed ₦763m For First Production 2020 Toyota GR Supra At An Auction / 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) / Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.