Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself (22733 Views)

Another Nigerian Man Takes A Nap With His Car In The Middle Of Highway / Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood / Man Uses "Juju" To Secure His Car After It Broke Down In A Ghetto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by PStacks(m): 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
Okanyidudu:

Hello Gurus in the house,

I need help with my car. The engine revs up and down all by itself. The effect is exactly like someone gently pressing down on the gas pedal and then letting up, over and over. This effect is most notable when the car is parked, but also occurs when stopped for red lights, or even during low-speed driving (under 35 mph or so).

The car in question is a Nissan X-Trail 2008 model.

@moderator, pls unban morningsta. not sure what offense was committed seriously.

Check the turtle-cable and adjust the slow running. Make sure to tune the Revolution per minute below 500 rev/min or max 1000 rev/minute
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by samuelokwu: 1:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
Are u referring to sparodic jumping of your speedometer ? If yes then I am almost 100% that the issue is your speedometer sensor.
I had a similar experience with my Acura legend . Online Acura mechanic gave me the solution . I went to ladipo , bought the sensor , gave my mechanic to fix. They were waiting to laugh at me cos all their guess work had failed so far . To our surprise, it fixed the issue and the movement stabilized.
best of luck

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
moscobabs:
Me too need help o...my car temperature shows high but no sign of overheating when I open the engine...although it overheated on Saturday when the fan stopped but it has been fixed.
The car is Nissan Quest 2000 model.thanks

Cc Gazuzz,Siena
reprogram the temperature indicator
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by aitazaz(m): 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2015
the word is using for the problem you have with your car is (missing) your car is doing missing, in missing 2 problems are mostly conducted
1: if engine plugs are expired
2: if the gas is dirty you filled from gas station
you are advised to go to the mechanic and ask him that your car is doing missing please repair it....... #Okanyidudu

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by moscobabs(m): 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2015
luchy34:
Thanks how can I do that sir?
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by crisycent: 1:04pm On Jun 16, 2015
Air flow problem.

2 Likes

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by aitazaz(m): 1:04pm On Jun 16, 2015
luchy34:
its heppen with you because of your guage
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by igbsam(m): 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
moscobabs:

Did u take it to a pastor?

I bought special anointing oil and show the damn car who is d boss

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
moscobabs:

Thanks how can I do that sir?
take it to an auto diagnostic center to have it checked, or may be when the were working on ur fan the forgot to plug in the indicator switch.. cool

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
aitazaz:

its heppen with you because of your guage
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
PStacks:

Check the TURTLE-cable and adjust the slow running. Make sure to tune the Revolution per minute below 500 rev/min or max 1000 rev/minute
Chai heeey!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by kingbus: 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
Baddest car in town !!!! That car is what I call a programmed azonto dancing automobile. It is gonna fetch u millions if you put it on ebay or amazon . Just tag it like “the dancing automobilllllllll”gringrin

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
The car is possessed by "Ologborunmiri". It is a wicked demon that hides in old rickety cars. grin Take the car to The Synagogue Church of all Nations.

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Chijosky(m): 1:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
Change the cabletor [color=#990000]
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by kingbus: 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
Which song does ur car like most? Post the car pix grin I love dat dancing automooooobiiiillllllll
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 16, 2015
free2ryhme:
grin OJUJU MOTOR

grin grin grin grin grin grin Wherey

OP, enough advice has given with respect to leak air intake valve. Run a scan on it and if this is the issue, kindly replace it.

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by aitazaz(m): 1:38pm On Jun 16, 2015
Okanyidudu:

I need help with my car. The engine revs up and down all by itself. The effect is exactly like someone gently pressing down on the gas pedal and then letting up, over and over. This effect is most notable when the car is parked, but also occurs when stopped for red lights, or even during low-speed driving (under 35 mph or so).

@moderator, pls unban morningsta. not sure what offense was committed seriously.
the word is using for the problem you have with your car is (missing) your car is doing missing, in missing 2 problems are mostly conducted
1: if engine plugs are expired
2: if the gas is dirty you filled from gas station
you are advised to go to the mechanic and ask him that your car is doing missing please repair it....... #Okanyidudu
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
Yes...visit olx

omo see the hidden posts above, I am sure that MOD has replaced the plugs of anti-spam bot shocked
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by ebuks4ever(m): 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
This has to do with air flow. Have them check your MAF-Air flow Meter. And also check the Idle Air control valve. But most importantly check for error codes to reduce the guess work.

2 Likes

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
Okanyidudu:

check the brain box.
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by segunan: 1:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
Okanyidudu:

I need help with my car. The engine revs up and down all by itself. The effect is exactly like someone gently pressing down on the gas pedal and then letting up, over and over. This effect is most notable when the car is parked, but also occurs when stopped for red lights, or even during low-speed driving (under 35 mph or so).check the coolant

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
NO IDEA...

*continue listening to Osadebe's Yobe Chukwu*
Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by iykmon: 1:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
Try check your air system. I had similar problem ,I had to change my air intake filter and the problem was solved.

1 Like

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Reference(m): 1:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
Okanyidudu:

You put Premium Motor Spirit and you're asking whether it is possessed. Of course it is.

2 Likes

Re: His Car Revs Up & Down By Itself by Johnnoo(m): 1:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
Check your gas flow lines.
Else change your gas pump completely cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) / Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles / Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.