Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:13 PM

I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture (4090 Views)

Anambra: Changing The Narrative Through Agriculture - Video / How To Apply For CBN Agriculture LOAN 2016 (NO COLLATERAL) / Business Idea Of Egg Marketing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by venturecap: 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2015
I am looking for an idea to invest in. However such ideas must satisfy the following conditions:

(1) Profit margin should be at least 15%+ per month

(2) Capital plus gains must be recouped in one month. If it involves cultivation of any kind of plant, 3 months is the maximum time period I will bear, with profit margin of at least 50%+

Post your ideas and contact here, I will contact you if it sounds reasonable, only serious ideas please

2 Likes

Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by lexan1(m): 2:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
I have an idea, and i've been thinkinq of it ever since I was little, I believe it miqht be what we just need, I can't say here, but if u believe...whatsapp only here +2348063790309
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by venturecap: 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
lexan1:
I have an idea, and i've been thinkinq of it ever since I was little, I believe it miqht be what we just need, I can't say here, but if u believe...whatsapp only here +2348063790309

I hope you read the part where I said "post your ideas here", pls this is for serious people only.
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by Apitch(m): 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2015
So u want to invest 20million and miraculously recoup 30million+ in one month and subsequently 3million every month.
I just want to tell U that U aint serious without an intent of insult.
Ur type often falls prey to scam cos of greed! Anyway u can try oil biz, it pays well but definitely not agriculture

8 Likes

Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by venturecap: 4:55pm On Jun 16, 2015
Apitch:
So u want to invest 20million and miraculously recoup 30million+ in one month and subsequently 3million every month.
I just want to tell U that U aint serious without an intent of insult.
Ur type often falls prey to scam cos of greed! Anyway u can try oil biz, it pays well but definitely not agriculture

I am glad you are not my accountant. Your math and ability to comprehend suck, I also just want to tell you that without an intent of insult tongue

1 Like

Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by jethro2: 5:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
I have agribusiness ideas that does not require N20million. But the conditions that could be favourable are:

(1) Return on investment starting from 10% per month which can be further review after 6month. The capital + Interest in 6 month.

(2) Capital plus gain can not be recoup in one month if you are getting interest on capital of 10% per month.

The Idea.
We have a rural farmers network that plant vegetables.
The main obstacle is the seasonality of rain. Farmers could not plant during the dry season.
Dizengolf sells irrigation kits that could successfully plant quarter acre for N80,000.
The idea is to purchase 40 drip kits that will be equal to 10 acre.
40 farmers will be involve in handling a quarter each.
2 boreholes will be drilled at a cost of N500,000 each to serve the two acres

Other things to buy will be
Seed for Tomato/ Cucumber
Organic fertilizer
Bamboo for staking
Generator to pump water

How to get returns.
An acre if tomato under good agriculture management is expected to yield 30 tonnes.

From April through September, there is always the scarcity of tomatoes in the ope, market.

Currently a 50kg of tomatoes range between N20,000 to N25,000 in the open markets.

I am working with the rural farmers because they have been planting tomatoes for ages and just need to hype their games.

properly managed, an acre will be yielding 20000 divided by 50kg.

One will be expecting 400basket per acre.
Do the maths.
There are lots that needs to be fine tuned if and when I see the a genuine investor.
Tomato life expectancy is 3 month.

Roughly N5million will do the investment trick.
You can also take up the purchasing of all the materials to be use.
From drip to borehole to seed and every necessity

I will take care of the management.

venturecap:
I am looking for an idea to invest up to N20million in. However such ideas must satisfy the following conditions:
(2) Capital plus gains must be recouped in one month. If it involves cultivation of any kind of plant, 3 months is the maximum time period I will bear, with profit margin of at least 50%+
Post your ideas and contact here, I will contact you if it sounds reasonable, only serious ideas please

3 Likes

Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by kpas4kpas: 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
Sir, why not you diversify your investment, if you can buy into my idea, lets go into Moringa farming, although it will take us 9 months to start harvesting the seeds but is a potential type of farming. All I want from you is to bring N1m for us to cultivate 10 hectares of which the land is fully available and within 1 year we make over N17m, we can go on an understandable MOU etc. I have all it takes to manage Moringa from raising of seedlings to harvesting and I have buyers of Moringa seeds in tons. For more details, call me or send your email so I can send you the investment proposal. 08038350756, alfredalaku@gmail.com.
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by venturecap: 6:49pm On Jun 16, 2015
jethro2:

(2) Capital plus gain can not be recoup in one month if you are getting interest on capital of 10% per month.

Actually its possible, if I buy foodstuff from North and sell in the South or vice versa, in a month I can recoup my investment plus gain a 10% profit

How to get returns.
An acre if tomato under good agriculture management is expected to yield 30 tonnes.

From April through September, there is always the scarcity of tomatoes in the ope, market.

Currently a 50kg of tomatoes range between N20,000 to N25,000 in the open markets.

I am working with the rural farmers because they have been planting tomatoes for ages and just need to hype their games.

properly managed, an acre will be yielding 20000 divided by 50kg.

One will be expecting 400basket per acre.
Do the maths.

Hi Jethro, I like the idea but the maths is a little bit confusing to me, if we assume that an acre yields 30 tons, and 50kg basket is sold for N20k

Shouldn't the projected revenue = (30,000kg/50kg)baskets * N20k/basket = 600 baskets * 20k = N 12 million??

I know some acquaintances doing this here; http://www.tomatojos.net/ but they are thinking of processing in the long run.

There are lots that needs to be fine tuned if and when I see the a genuine investor.
Tomato life expectancy is 3 month

Roughly N5million will do the investment trick.
You can also take up the purchasing of all the materials to be use.
From drip to borehole to seed and every necessity

I will take care of the management.
Tomato is very perishable, how do you plan to minimize post-harvest losses, especially if the price tanks in the market or buyers are not readily available?

1 Like

Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by zimoni(f): 7:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
funny thread.
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by jethro2: 7:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
[/quote]
venturecap:

Actually its possible, if I buy foodstuff from North and sell in the South or vice versa, in a month I can recoup my investment plus gain a 10% profit
Yes its possible when you are buying and selling but not when you are planting crops that will last 3 months +

1 Like

Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by jethro2: 7:38pm On Jun 16, 2015
venturecap:

Hi Jethro, I like the idea but the maths is a little bit confusing to me, if we assume that an acre yields 30 tons, and 50kg basket is sold for N20k
Shouldn't the projected revenue = (30,000kg/50kg)baskets * N20k/basket = 600 baskets * 20k = N 12 million??
Thats also true. There are lot of unpredictable factors in the farm to still consider. The yield could be more than 30tonnes and also could be less.
I have learnt to calculate with a lower value. This way one could be safe.
Pest, Sun, and others play a big role in determining yield. Irrigation will take care of water aspect.

You should also look at the months where the tomatoes will be supplus in the market. This month starts from September through February.
The same basket come as low as N3,000.
3,000 by 20 or 30tonnes is another figure to consider. Thats why I said it still need fine tuning

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by venturecap: 8:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
jethro2:

Thats also true. There are lot of unpredictable factors in the farm to still consider. The yield could be more than 30tonnes and also could be less.
I have learnt to calculate with a lower value. This way one could be safe.
Pest, Sun, and others play a big role in determining yield. Irrigation will take care of water aspect.

You should also look at the months where the tomatoes will be supplus in the market. This month starts from September through February.
The same basket come as low as N3,000.
3,000 by 20 or 30tonnes is another figure to consider. Thats why I said it still need fine tuning

Agreed. So assuming that we invest N5million, then ROI could be anything from a loss of[b] N1-2million[/b] to a profit of N3milllion+ in 6 months

Any other ideas that is not as subject to market fluctuations?
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by venturecap: 8:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
venturecap:

Agreed. So assuming that we invest N5million, then ROI could be anything from a loss of[b] N1-2million[/b] to a profit of N3milllion+ in 6 months

Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by jethro2: 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
venturecap:

Agreed. So assuming that we invest N5million, then ROI could be anything from a loss of N1-2million to a profit of N6milllion+ in 6 months
Exactly. Thats the logic. One needs to target the off season.
Most of what I have is one way or the other an agribusiness stuff.
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by Apitch(m): 9:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
venturecap:

I am glad you are not my accountant. Your math and ability to comprehend suck, I also just want to tell you that without an intent of insult tongue
My maths sucks? Lemme quote U
venturecap:
I am looking for an idea to invest up to N20million in. However such ideas must satisfy the following conditions:
Ur no (2) says capital plus gains must be recouped in one month. And ur profit margin is at least 50% so what's ur maths telling u.
I rest my case! Do ur thingy
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by dav8id(m): 10:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
kpas4kpas:
Sir, why not you diversify your investment, if you can buy into my idea, lets go into Moringa farming, although it will take us 9 months to start harvesting the seeds but is a potential type of farming. All I want from you is to bring N1m for us to cultivate 10 hectares of which the land is fully available and within 1 year we make over N17m, we can go on an understandable MOU etc. I have all it takes to manage Moringa from raising of seedlings to harvesting and I have buyers of Moringa seeds in tons. For more details, call me or send your email so I can send you the investment proposal. 08038350756, alfredalaku@gmail.com.

your expectation is always high on this moringa farming , yes moringa farming is very profitable but your expectation is tooooooooo high. I also cultivated 2 hectares and by next 3months i will start earning from the leave.

bro abeg try dey calculate wella ooo
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by mayorteeny: 11:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
Apitch:

My maths sucks? Lemme quote U

Ur no (2) says capital plus gains must be recouped in one month. And ur profit margin is at least 50% so what's ur maths telling u.
I rest my case! Do ur thingy

Both of you are right, just interpreting differently. Did you see the part that where the OP said 3months?
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by mayorteeny: 11:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
dav8id:

your expectation is always high on this moringa farming , yes moringa farming is very profitable but your expectation is tooooooooo high. I also cultivated 2 hectares and by next 3months i will start earning from the leave.

David what is the latest with egusi? OP sorry for derailing your thread
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by Privi: 1:40pm On Jun 18, 2015
Dear Venturecap, my business idea is to establish a poultry farm for broiler & layer production. This involves the introduction of a new form of poultry farming in Nigeria unless in farms like OTA farms etc.
However, your time period has to be relative to growth and sales of produts.

This is my idea.

5000 broilers and 5000 POL layers capaiity will fetch N5,075,000 for broilers after 2.5 months sold at N1015. while eggs produced will be sold at N700 - 800 depending on the target market.

I have other ideas whichc require sincerity and commitent.

This is my mobile 07017465214.

Thank you
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by kpas4kpas: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
dav8id:

Have you try planting to harvest the seed? if yes, what is the qntty you harvest per acre tell us. I have my way of managing my farm, yours may be diff. I work on the seed not leave.
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by opo26: 4:47pm On Jun 19, 2015
venturecap:

is possible for u to make ur money if u can buy into my idea and sign mou I can supply honey and pear even cow that can give u ur return within one month I meaning thirty days yes I mean it ooooo u can call me or whatapp me on this number 08039268498
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by PapaBrowne(m): 11:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
?
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by jaybabs1(m): 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hi VentureCap, I propose : 1. Raising broiler to just 6 - 7 weeks harvesting and dressing them and forwarding them to our privately owned/operated chicken restaurant/suya spot set up in strategic locations. The broilers can be grown in week batches. This way profit is fully extracted from each chain of value addition. We can also produce our own feeds to reduce cost of production but that's on the long run. Second proposal, open fish barbeque for producing grilled fish packaged in foil or take away pepper soup fish in three or four strategic locations and source the fishes from farms
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by jaybabs1(m): 2:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
Venture Cap, u may as well forward your email to me so I can prepare a mini feasibility/proposal and send it to you within the week. Thanks.
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by jaybabs1(m): 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
Venture Cap, u may as well forward your email to me so I can prepare a mini feasibility/proposal and send it to you within the week. My number is on the my initial post. Thanks.
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by jaybabs1(m): 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
Venture Cap, u may as well forward your email to me so I can prepare a mini feasibility/proposal and send it to you within the week. My number is on my initial post. Thanks.
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by boluwajokosegun: 3:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
Don't be decieve there a very very few agric biz u can do to make good profit in a month
The most common are in agro commodities trading is buying & selling
Or expansion of an already existing established farm
So be carefull

1 Like

Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by dav8id(m): 7:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
mayorteeny:

David what is the latest with egusi? OP sorry for derailing your thread

preparation is still on http://davidprof.com/blog/update:egusi-melon-storage-business/
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by dav8id(m): 7:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
kpas4kpas:
Have you try planting to harvest the seed? if yes, what is the qntty you harvest per acre tell us. I have my way of managing my farm, yours may be diff. I work on the seed not leave.

you got it wrong..none will ever farm moringa and targeted only the leave but the leave is the first stage of earning in moringa farming.You most know that the seed is my primary target.

my quote is , you start with whatever amount you have on ground .Never wait for investors and when you have a very good turnover, you then have a reason brag.

by the way your expectation is only on assumption not by result .but if you start with the little resource you have then at the end your expectation will be as a result of your test .

my candy though..but if you think you can continue waiting for someone to inject he's million on your assumption then i wish you the best.
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by dav8id(m): 7:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
boluwajokosegun:
Don't be decieve there a very very few agric biz u can do to make good profit in a month
The most common are in agro commodities trading is buying & selling
Or expansion of an already existing established farm
So be carefull

you said it all, agro trading (buying and selling ) farming is not as easy as they make it look ...

i am from a farming family but you will never see me talking about farming when we are discussing making money in agriculture .cuz i knw sey e no easy .
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by LONGFELLOW02(m): 3:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
dav8id:

you said it all, agro trading (buying and selling ) farming is not as easy as they make it look ...

i am from a farming family but you will never see me talking about farming when we are discussing making money in agriculture .cuz i knw sey e no easy .

Op sorry for posting this here.

Boss Dav8id Goodfternoon sir, Pls sir i need ur assistance on how to go about this issue.

I've a contact that's in need of Fresh Ginger in Large quantity in Ethiopia, Now my contact said i should Tell him the price of freight nd Shipping to Ethiopia. Pls how do I go about this because i have not export b4?

Pls help.
Re: I will invest in a business idea - Agriculture by Yeecar(m): 10:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
www.nairaland.com/2113936/mushroom-cultivation-easiest-way-becoming/1#35044851

Mushroom Cultivation, an unexplored multi billion dollar business!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hand Held Manual Maize Planter Needed / Recognized Agriculture Trade Associations In Nigeria / I Want To Buy Hybrid Cucumber And Watermelon Seeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.