Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,278 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. (2301 Views)

BBNaija 2017 Final Results: How Viewers Voted For The 5 Top Housemates (Photo) / Bbnaija: See How Viewers Voted For Nominated Housemates (photo) / Latest video: Brekete Family Reality TV Show On 104.5 Love FM Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hey peeps,

Im sure u all have noticed the increase with these so called reality Tv shows.
The Kardasians
The real house wives
Married to medicine
Braxton family values
Bad girl's club
Love and hip hop
Teen moms
Bachelorette
Big Brother

Etc

we follow the lives of celebrities from A list -Z list. Some of these shows portray life to be one big amusement park, living life of luxury, showing women in a bad way, making plastic surgery look cool..

Anyway , what positive do these tv shows have on adults , teenages/ young people And what are the negatives. How do they influence us the viewers.

Cc ishilove lalasticlala Twaci Cao aminat508 ronald4lif

1 Like

Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Trippledots(m): 2:29pm On Jun 16, 2015
ftc

1 Like

Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by kinglekan: 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
Trippledots:
ftc

undecided

***Modified***
@ladyboss1

I really don't do TV reality shows. Well apart from big brother which I was only 'committed' to during "The Chase".

Not sure what the others really portray but one thing is certain the organisers make huge box from it. To me its purely entertainment and one thing that has a high profit margin when it comes to new media, print media and all sorts is celebrity gossips.

Reality tv shows make those things people would have spent their time reading in magazines come to life in real time. Its a "sit down and enjoy" show.

Not sure if peeps gain anything from them though, but of course I can't speak for everyone. For me BB is purely entertainment mixed with acting and deceit.

As long as there are rules and guidelines and the participants are aware that they are being viewed, then in my opinion its more of a 'make believe' rather than 'reality'.

1 Like

Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by cao(f): 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
Err...I'm not a supermod and I don't moderate this section.

Anywho, not a big fan of reality shows. Hollywood tends to make these "unscripted" reality shows because they're cheap and they sell well with the public. These shows will always be talked about by fans and non-fans.
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by classyalabolas: 2:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
negative effects ..especially on youths.

keeping up with the kardashians is a useless show that teaches gossiping & laziness. I still don't understand the purpose of that show till today . no iota of sense in it.

this is someone that has had a plastic surgery, been into more than 3 relationships & had her s£x-tape leaked to the whole world, yet she's being idolized ✘

2 Likes

Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
cao:
Err...I'm not a supermod and I don't moderate this section.

Anywho, not a big fan of reality shows. Hollywood tends to make these "unscripted" reality shows because they're cheap and they sell well with the public. These shows will always be talked about by fans and non-fans.

Oh i know lol wanted early traffic @ tag

Yh but i hear stories of females wanting to look like kim K ,, n they travel to get theses butt injections n some die .. All bcuz dey want to look like kim n mayb get a career in realty shows, or videos

Just saying dont think all of them r good .

1 Like

Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
kinglekan:

undecided

Lol hope that means
Ftc- favourite thumps up comment??
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
classyalabolas:
negative effects ..especially on youths[ I don't think any serious minded adult would be watching keeping up with the ........]

keeping up with the kardashians is a useless show that teaches gossiping & laziness. I still don't understand the purpose of that show till today . no iota of sense in it.

this is someone that has had a plastic surgery, been into more than 3 relationships & had her s£x-tape leaked to the whole world. .

Lol im telling u
I mean theres no harm in Watching it once in awhile but some female live and breath kim K

If kim shave her hair now ... Watch half of the world would shave theirs * exaggerated tho*
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
kinglekan:

undecided

***Modified***
@ladyboss1

I really don't do TV reality shows. Well apart from big brother which I was only 'committed' to during "The Chase".

Not sure what the others really portray but one thing is certain the organisers make huge box from it. To me its purely entertainment and one thing that has a high profit margin when it comes to new media, print media and all sorts is celebrity gossips.

Reality tv shows make those things people would have spent their time reading in magazines come to life in real time. Its a "sit down and enjoy" show.

Not sure if peeps gain anything from them though, but of course I can't speak for everyone. For me BB is purely entertainment mixed with acting and deceit.

As long as there are rules and guidelines and the participants are aware that they are being viewed, then in my opinion its more of a 'make believe' rather than 'reality'.

Even so called big brother
I watched d african one and was shocked they just copy the west .. Im just saying the show can still be interesting without all the rubbish .at least its like a competition .
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by kinglekan: 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Lol hope that means Ftc- favourite thumps up comment??
Why did he have to steal my spot. cheesy
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
kinglekan:

Why did he have to steal my spot. cheesy

Oh lol u guys eh
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by cao(f): 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Oh i know lol wanted early traffic @ tag

Yh but i hear stories of females wanting to look like kim K ,, n they travel to get theses butt injections n some die .. All bcuz dey want to look like kim n mayb get a career in realty shows, or videos

Just saying dont think all of them r good .

Unfortunately, it appears that the youth just want to be rich and famous, particularly the latter, without making too much of an effort.
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 16, 2015
cao:

Unfortunately, it appears that the youth just want to be rich and famous, particularly the latter, without making too much of an effort.

Gbam!!

Exactly

Now u dont even need degree or education just look good n know right ppl dats it .. Camera would be following them about.... its just sad
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by kinglekan: 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
LadyBoss1:

I watched d african one and was shocked they just copy the west .. Im just saying the show can still be interesting without all the rubbish .at least its like a competition .

The "Rubbish" like you put it is what keeps increasing the number of viewers. So trust me its still part of the entertainment.

If it was affecting their views or income the organisers would caution the house mates before they get into the house.

Plus there is a VIP access that is strictly for that part. Gives viewers unlimited access to all the "You know what already". wink

1 Like

Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by sinizia: 2:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
classyalabolas:
negative effects ..especially on youths.

this is someone that has had a plastic surgery, been into more than 3 relationships & had her s£x-tape leaked to the whole world, yet she's being idolized ✘

I'd rather watch the hairs on my phallus grow than watch Keeping Up with the SLUTdarshians. If any of my future kids watch that shít, imma put a bullet through their heads. angry
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by sinizia: 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2015
LadyBoss1:

'All the rubbish' = séx = and sèx sells.

Take away "all the rubbish" and very few people will watch the show.
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
sinizia:

'All the rubbish' = séx = and sèx sells.

Take away "all the rubbish" and very few people will watch the show.

U'll b surprised how many watch it.. Lol even guys
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
kinglekan:

The "Rubbish" like you put it is what keeps increasing the number of viewers. So trust me its still part of the entertainment.

If it was affecting their views or income the organisers would caution the house mates before they get into the house.

Plus there is a VIP access that is strictly for that part. Gives viewers unlimited access to all the "You know what already". wink

Lol
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by classyalabolas: 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Lol im telling u
I mean theres no harm in Watching it once in awhile but some female live and breath kim K

If kim shave her hair now ... Watch half of the world would shave theirs * exaggerated tho*

it's not an exaggeration. it is a fact ..
It's called - celebrity worship syndrome ✘
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by redgem(f): 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
It has both negative and positive effect on we the viewers...the success and life of the famous celebrities makes us strive for wealth and fame like them cos we admire their fortunes. Though the negative effects/impacts are more compared to their positive impacts.

For example, I admire the kardashians, their fame and wealth watching their shows inspire and motivates me to become same...but, the way they obtained such wealth aint the way I want mine
Op I'm out of points for now I'm going on a recess
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Chanchit: 7:26pm On Jun 16, 2015
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 16, 2015
Chanchit:
@Ladyboss1, I just put my email on my profile, pls just send me a msg so I can give you another link,so if you download it you can also give out that link on the thread, cos I've been banned till tomorrow evening.

Oh lol y u banned
Uve been naughty ?
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Chanchit: 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Chanchit: 8:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by mrdrizzy(m): 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
80% of reality shows nvr brings positive meaning

its always highlife,gossip,fun,laziness and fun again

it keeps going on like a circle

the ones we call cool reality always gets terminated(eg. NBC's siberia)
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Chanchit: 11:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Sanchez01: 11:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
Chanchit:

@Sanchez01 now has the link. Cyprus000, Afromano you can check now, someone has the link on the thread, he confirmed its working. I would be back to modify it tomorrow evening, when my ban must have expired.
You have a mail, I guess. Chanchit, sent you another...
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by cao(f): 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
Chanchit:

Ladyboss1, my nairaland mail is with ovi and ovi has been canceled, just scroll down my profile my main email is there, I can't view the mail you sent. I was banned by that silly spambot cos maybe because I have posted too much on sme thread, I still have 178 names to mention when my ban expires by tomorrow evening.

I'm guessing it was a false positive, I know the anti-spam bot has caught me a few times, just send a mail to the mods of the board where you were banned, using the mail mods function.
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Chanchit: 12:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
cao:

I'm guessing it was a false positive, I know the anti-spam bot has caught me a few times, just send a mail to the mods of the board where you were banned, using the mail mods function.

Owk, I would do just that. While at it you can also click on my profile, you would see the thread for my new song, someone now has a working link on the thread so people have started downloading, I would modify it when I get back on the thread.
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Sanchez01: 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
Chanchit:

Owk, I would do just that. While at it you can also click on my profile, you would see the thread for my new song, someone now has a working link on the thread so people have started downloading, I would modify it when I get back on the thread.
Respond to my mail o smiley
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Chanchit: 2:02pm On Jun 17, 2015
Sanchez01:
Respond to my mail o smiley
I've responded, didn't you see it?
Re: Reality Tv Shows / Impact On Viewers.. by Sanchez01: 2:05pm On Jun 17, 2015
Chanchit:

I've responded, didn't you see it?
Check, it's done nowsmiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch This Latest Move Undisputed 4 (link To Download Below) / Airtime On Galaxy & Tv Continental / Nollywood! A Gateway To Prostitution! --- Blessing Effiom Egbe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.