Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Passengers Plight In Calabar And Solution - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Passengers Plight In Calabar And Solution (665 Views)

The Plight Of Corpers Serving In Abuja(fct) / The Plight Of Corps Member In Abuja. / Corper Stabs Boss In Calabar Over Clearance (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passengers Plight In Calabar And Solution by gbobele: 7:38pm On Jun 16, 2015
PASSENGERS PLIGHT IN CALABAR AND A SOLUTION
The bell of the national youth service corps rang with a providential tune and granted me the opportunity to have glimpse at a host city of the Africa’s biggest street party; and also to witness how partially-regulatory transport system of calabar is structured in favor of drivers at the expense of passengers comfort.Passengers are bundled and muffled into back sits of taxis like mediocre cargoes about to be shipped through the pacific.

An employee who has not yet joined the league of car owners due to low earning status go through traumas as he leaves his house with high laundry-budget,cooperate and magnificent outfit to fulfill ethical requirements of the organization, and to boost self-esteem, arrives the office looking like one who was chased by a lion in the jungle. He or she frowns, lament, and sometimes become aggressive and gruff to colleagues who are fortunate to have cars throughout working hours.

Sometimes I don’t totally blame them for exhibiting such irritable characters; in the cab they must have ventured into argument with fellow passenger because of space management. These discords are most times inevitable when greed of the driver has played a critical role by carrying four hefty passengers at the back of the taxi without proffering solution on how space meant for three would be managed by these oversize passengers.

Let me share this experience I had at carnival commission: my place of primary assignment. I and other corps. Members posted to the commission drew a conclusion I later falsified about a worker who most times frowns, growls and rudely answers our greetings. Months in the commission disclosed to me the real and humane image of him and why he was acting uncanny.It was because of the hell of frustration he undergoes in taxis on his way to the office.

Sundays are when the impact of these dreadful policies by drivers is mostly felt. This is because so many celebrations are scheduled for this day. This is a day where church brothers indulge into laundry activities in the church; trying to redeem the straightness of their attire after rough-squeeze game in which they participated in taxi they boded to church. This further distracts their attention from the pastor’s message.
A ceremony attendee without a car suffers the same thing. I and few of my colleagues are living testimony.

SOLUTION
From what we have deduced from effective principles of business, the life span of a business relies on how customers perceive its services. This implies that collective complains of buyers reflects in the policies of the service supplier indirectly---meaning you have a say as a customer. But the hypocritical nature of most Nigerians makes this not to hold in most cases any way.
This problem can be resolved with the use of common sense and being patient. If you stop a taxi with passengers equivalent to the number of sits it has, give it a journey well wave and stop the next one. Continue this way till you find the one with convenient space for you.
If all passengers persist in the quest with no compromise, then the drivers will be left with no choice but to get use to the new situation.

MarkGodswill Olali
Re: Passengers Plight In Calabar And Solution by Beesluv: 7:38pm On Jun 16, 2015
people's paradise

Calabar is the 1st place I saw drivers putting on AC in the taxi without any extra charge on the passengers.

I must say I enjoyed most of my trips in their taxi cos of the AC and music, but most of their drivers are rough drivers . #2011Bcopa
Re: Passengers Plight In Calabar And Solution by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 17, 2015
Beesluv:
people's paradise

Calabar is the 1st place I saw drivers putting on AC in the taxi without any extra charge on the passengers.

I must say I enjoyed most of my trips in their taxi cos of the AC and music, but most of their drivers are rough drivers . #2011copa

Seriously? same Calabar i'v been for close to a year? Where passengers are packed like sardine? c'mon man be real pls.. No cab man turns on AC... even in Abuja its rear
Re: Passengers Plight In Calabar And Solution by Beesluv: 10:04am On Jun 17, 2015
Abimaje7:

Seriously? same Calabar i'v been for close to a year? Where passengers are packed like sardine? c'mon man be real pls.. No cab man turns on AC... even in Abuja its rear

Did you see the year I put there?
Re: Passengers Plight In Calabar And Solution by emekaD3(m): 11:30am On Jun 23, 2015
This is also my issue with Calabar.. They really need town service buses

(1) (Reply)

Is This For Real? / Redeployment To Abuja Batch B 2015 Stream 1 / NYSC -small Small Side Chewings For corper Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.