Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. (3703 Views)

His Girlfriend Is Forcing Him To Wear This T-shirt..good Or Bad Idea? / My Boyfriend Is Forcing Me not To Wear Bra Today But Am The Shy Type. Help! / Advice Me: A Girl Is Forcing Me To Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by ikmoore2(m): 4:53pm On Feb 23, 2009
FELLOW NAIRALANDERS!

MY GIRL WALKED OUT OF OUR RELATIONSHIP- REASON THAT THE YOUNGER BROTHER OF HER SPONSOR PROPOSED TO HER. IT IS NOT AS IF THE GUY IN QUESTION IS ALL THAT RICH BUT THE TYPE THAT CAN EVEN SPENT HIS LAST KOBO(CAPITAL) IN ORDER TO MARRY AN UNDERGRADUATE. HE IS FORM ANAMBRA AND AN OMATA(TRADER).

MY GIRL IS A 2OOL STUDENT AND HAS A GOOD CHARACTER UNTILL RECENTLY. YESTERDAY BEING SUNDAY 22/01/09 SHE TOLD ME SHE  IS QUITING. IT ALL STARTED DURING THE XMAS PERIOD I WAS DEAD BROKE AND SHE PRETENDED THAT SHE CAN MGT AND TRAVELLED TO ANAMBRA CLIAMING THAT SHE WENT TO HELP HER SPONSOR AND STAYED TILL 5TH JAN.09. SHE PRACTICALLY ABANDONED ME AND I DIDNT HER SEE TILL YESTERDAY. DURING VAL PERIOD SHE LIED THAT HER IN-LAW DIED AND COULDNT SEE ME.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT SHE IS PRACTICALLY FORCING ME TO PROPOSE TO HER KNOWING  FULLY WELL THAT I JUST GOT A NEW JOB THIS JANUARY THOUGH IS A WELL PAYING JOB IN AN OIL SERVICING COY. MY BROS AND SISTERS HOW CAN I PROPOSE TO HER WITH EMPTY HANDS WHEN I HAVE NOT EVEN COLLECTED MY 1ST SALARY. HOW CAN I PROMISE HER WHEN I HAVE NOT ESTABLISHED MYSELF.THAT SHE WAS DELAYING THE MARRIAGE INTRODUCTION FROM THE OTHER GUY TO GET MY VIEW. SHE IS JUST DESPERATE ABOUT THIS MARRIAGE ISSUE.SHE IS STILL YOUNG @ 24YRS. I LOVE THIS GIRL AND I THOUGHT SHE LOVE ME TOO.

SHOULD I PROMISE HER OR ORDINARLY ASK HER TO WAIT FOR ME.
OR IS SHE TRYING TO USE THE PRESURE OF THIS MARRIAGE PROPOSAL TO FORCE ME TO PROPOSE TO HER AND ASK HER TO WAIT FOR ME.PLS ADVICE ME.

PLEASE I NEED UR ADVICE.RESPOND B4 I DO SOMETHING STUPID.    ONE LOVE NAIRALANDERS.
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by Treetop20(m): 5:01pm On Feb 23, 2009
why are you screaming
at the top of your lungs?
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by Ben13: 5:07pm On Feb 23, 2009
Abi o~

when he knows you're 20km at the treetop
tongue
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by ikmoore2(m): 5:11pm On Feb 23, 2009
pls advice mr treetop and ben. ls xplain whta u mean by screaming at the top of my lungs-break it down.
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by Skywalker5(m): 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2009
Read between your lines dawg. You said she lied to you about her in law being dead thats was why she did not see you
Can you live with all her lies knowing fully well that she wants to marry u cuz u got a good job?

If the answer is yes angry angry angry angry

Then Nothing do you.Carry on
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by saintneo(m): 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2009
i guess, u shld play dumb and focus on gettin on ur feet first. if she is serious, she will wait. i had this recently too.
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by Skywalker5(m): 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2009
saintneo:

i guess, u shld play dumb and focus on gettin on ur feet first. if she is serious, she will wait. i had this recently too.

She would wait for sure.Playing dumb is not the best thing here considering that u guys are matured.If you not sure about something.Dont hang on to it.If you sure about her.Propose to her
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by kufreabasi(m): 5:47pm On Feb 23, 2009
she is a thief,
watchout what is going to come out of her
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by kingsikaz(m): 8:25pm On Feb 23, 2009
go to Zenith bank to get a loan just because u want to propose to one babe grin

o guy see me see solution ooooooo undecided
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by onyxera(m): 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2009
@ poster, sometims we guyz could b mind boggling o, so until Jesus coms 2 tel u he is d son of GOD u no go no abi, beta vamoose 4rm dat rltnship b4 d gal change ur name 2 MUGU1, u said somtin abt doing somtin stupid, lik wat?, hang urself, because of woman, no mak me DISman u o
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by ikmoore2(m): 8:04am On Feb 24, 2009
THANK YOU FELLOW NAIRALANDERS. I THINK AM WISER NOW AND MORE POSED TO THRASH THIS ISSUE. I APPRECIATE UR ADVICE AND SUGGESTIONS. PLS IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE CONTRIBUTION TO MAKE ABOUT THIS ISSUE PLS DO!!!!!!

ONE LOVE .
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by Gabry(f): 8:13am On Feb 24, 2009
poster,

if you are not ready to get married, dont force yourself into it and than after you do, you would regret it for the rest of your life. . . getting a divorce after that is not easy sha.

And your gf seem desperate. . .
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by Omolola1(f): 9:30am On Feb 24, 2009
yes i agree with gabrywyl

if you are not ready dont rush into marriage, your gf is very very desperate
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by oluwdashmi(f): 11:02am On Feb 24, 2009
Your gf is ready to go for the other guy but wants to use your financial capability to threaten you knowing fully that you can't afford it for now. If you say yes, she will still find another excuse, she could ask you to choose a specific date and can even threaten you that the date must come b4 the other guys date.

Let her leave and learn her lesson in a hard way, allow her to know that not all that glitters is gold. And focus on your job and career.
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by oluwdashmi(f): 11:03am On Feb 24, 2009
If you rush into a marriage, you may end up rushing out.
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by lifebis: 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2009
Hey,

God will help u,but u need to take your time,focus to God in prayer.

One love Nigeria & Nairalanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley smiley
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by lancevader(m): 1:02pm On Feb 24, 2009
Guy bi kareful.that ur gurl dae cuniey 4rm ur post.so bi kareful.dnt say anitng yet
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by Hotstepper(f): 9:12pm On Feb 24, 2009
wat is this da spomsors brother is 4rom Anambra and u r OMOTA, dawg, Omota is not a state, itz either you are educated or not, 4rom anambra or not. hmm, dont let her push you to what you dont wanna do. From all indications, she has fallen for sum1 else
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 25, 2009
If she’s ready to get married and you are not then let her go. For Christ sakes all r/ship mustn’t end in marriage. If you might not marry her why don’t you leave her to marry someone else? If you really want to marry her the prove it to her by proposing to her and paying her dowry at least. The wedding and other ceremonies can come later when you are more buoyant. Don’t expect a girl to keep waiting for you and rejecting other suitors while you are busy dragging your feet.

Personally, the longest I can be in a courtship is 6months. If the guy still keeps on dragging his feet, I’m out.
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by Chetachuku(m): 10:26am On Feb 26, 2009
Ujujoan:

If she’s ready to get married and you are not then let her go. For Christ sakes all r/ship mustn’t end in marriage. If you might not marry her why don’t you leave her to marry someone else? If you really want to marry her the prove it to her by proposing to her and paying her dowry at least. The wedding and other ceremonies can come later when you are more buoyant. Don’t expect a girl to keep waiting for you and rejecting other suitors while you are busy dragging your feet.

Personally, the longest I can be in a courtship is 6months. If the guy still keeps on dragging his feet, I’m out.

yoi shino, yoi kangii!
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by segzicres(m): 10:33am On Feb 26, 2009
well i don't think that's a threat to me, she's only choosing her destiny going with the other guy. if she's not worth it though free her.
if she loves you she will come begging.
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by CrazyMan(m): 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2009
My dear, I think you need some time. , don’t rush things most especially when there’s a third party. You’re saying she’s seeing someone else, (her brother’s sponsor)

You must take your time and don’t be in a haste to propose to her, unless you might regret it; if she really loves you, she would understand you; and not feed you with lies.

I would advice that you take a break, go to the beach lie there and savor the taste of nature; relax your mind and brains and stop bothering yourself.

Real men don’t rush into marriage
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by Ben13: 4:32pm On Feb 27, 2009
That's why i like crazykid kiss
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by romsky: 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2009
ben & crazypikin una no go hawk okro 2day?

@post
there is time for everything
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by CrazyMan(m): 3:06am On Feb 28, 2009
I can see that those things tormenting are back. smiley
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by sexyLeamon(f): 5:00am On Feb 28, 2009
My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her

and you are not man enough to tell her you are not ready undecided
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by CrazyMan(m): 5:04am On Feb 28, 2009
I can see that those things tormenting you are back. smiley
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by DaPhoenix(f): 5:06am On Feb 28, 2009
She didn't see you at all during christmas and valentine's day and you are still interested in her? That's interesting. . . I refuse to spoon feed anyone tonight though.
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by CrazyMan(m): 5:07am On Feb 28, 2009
Sorry I don't mean you. This stuff is just mixing up my posts
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by Treetop20(m): 5:07am On Feb 28, 2009
Ujujoan:

lol cheesy kind of true though
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 28, 2009
Guy, i really do not know what to say,but it is clear she has left u,but the only thing holdin u to her is love.U have to let go n focus on been a man.Take ur job seriously,make sure u eat good food,think less about her,n prove to her that u can survive without her.Its not her fault that she's followin another man,cos for her no time.But if she had truly loved u n trusted u,she would have waited for u,knowin dt no other person could fit her better than u do.So guy,u better rephrase,ur statement 'my girlfriend is forcing me to propose' n stop givin urself hope
Re: My Girl Is Forcing Me To Propose To Her. by iz2much: 11:58am On Feb 28, 2009
Hahha

Please where is MrCrackles

(1) (2) (Reply)

Being A "player" Vs. Being A "one Woman Guy" / Need Someone To Take Care Of You? / Signs To Know He Is A Womanizer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.