Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State (62664 Views)

SS1 Student Gang-raped By 4 Classmates After Taking "Gegemu" / Four Men Who Gang-Raped Corpers In Abia Arrested (Photo) / Young Woman Raped To Death In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by lalasticlala(m): 8:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
The suspected killer of a female National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member,Yetunde Shukurat has been arraigned before an Ilorin Magistrate’s court.

The suspect,Abdullahi Tanko, was arraigned before a Magistrate Court presided over by Magistrate K.A.Yahyah.

The Police Prosecutor, Inspector Matthew Ologbon informed the Court on Monday that on May 23, 2015, at about 12pm ,the Police received a distress call that they should go to Simeon Okedi street in the GRA located at Upabiasika in Ilorin, the Kwara state capital.
Ologbon said that when the police got to the place, they found the late Corps member on the ground in a pool of her blood.

He further told the Court that investigation by the Police revealed that Tanko and his collaborators, now at large, conspired to trick the deceased from her residence at Saw-Mill area to Shoprite area, where she was killed on that fateful day.

According to him the suspected killer and his gang had raped the deceased inside their car, which caused her untimely death.
He added that after they had raped the late Corps member at Tanko’s residence at Plot 6,Simion Okedi Upabi Asika junction GRA, they carried her dead body to nearby junction while her blood was still flowing along with them.

He added that the Police located Tanko’s house through the blood traces of the deceased and the suspected killer was arrested.
Beside, the Prosecutor told the Court that the mobile phone of the deceased, with mobile number- 08132188661,was found with Tanko at the time he was arrested at his place.

He added that efforts were still ongoing to other suspects now at large.

The Prosecutor urged the Court to remand the suspect in Prison custody until other suspects were arrested and completion of the Police investigation.

The Presiding Magistrate, K.A Yahaya, ordered that the accused, Abdullahi Tanko, 51, be remanded in Mandala federal prison until the case will resume further hearing on August 10,2015.

http://leadership.ng/news/440942/suspected-killer-of-corps-member-arraigned
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by izuch(m): 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
And if i say his pen1s should be severed along side those of his cohorts people would say I'm propergating jungle justice undecided

17 Likes

Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by DanceVille: 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
Oh my God!
What's happening nowadays, If not kill, it would be rape...
God must surely punish the killers of this corper..
*In a murmuring tone*
RIPP Dear!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by INTROVERT(f): 8:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
Oh no
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by Emnyte(m): 8:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
Sad news everyday. Dangerous people everywhere.
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by SleekyP(m): 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2015
cry
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by Beesluv: 8:31pm On Jun 16, 2015
Eeya, RIP
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by kullozone(m): 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
Am still trying to figure out the reason behind raping.
how can these grown up fools just sit down and decided to rape her
is it for the pleasure or just pure wickedness?

Stick a two by two wood into the mur'fvckas as$.
BASTARRRDS.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by coolhamid(m): 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
From the story, I can deduce that the girl was in a friendship/ relationship with one of the rapists for her to have been tricked to the venue of the incident.

Besides, what was she doing with a 51 years old man?
Guess its all about money.

Rest in Peace ..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
Tanko, u no do well o.
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by Danhumprey: 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
What sort of satisfaction do räpists get? I mean,I don't get it.

2 Likes

Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by Yahzeelv(m): 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
From serving to death...may God avenge ur death. With d CHANGE, hope we can trust our law now as equality for all ?
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by jalay(m): 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
I guess she must be seducing those guy.. kiss
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by raziboi(m): 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
RIP
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by Samguine: 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
Which kain bad news is this one na? The heart of man is desperately wicked. Bible sef ask say 'Who shall know it?'

God, I have just two weeks left to finish this NYSC. I pray for myself and all other corpers and Nigerians generally that look up to you that your safety would be with us all. No evil shall befall us.

Amen.

28 Likes

Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
Mehn. So many rape cases daily , which way Nigeria... Short on words at this juncture.... Despicable!
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by 9jvirgin(m): 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
God! Please come!
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by harrysterol(m): 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
NYSC should be discarded and scrapped out, the functionality of NYSC has been degraded to it minimum.

Rip to the dead

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
Sad..... kopa wee
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
Country of rapists

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by amoduganja: 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
d
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by Lincoln275(m): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
y kwara always?
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by Mckandre(m): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
Nigeria police never seize to amaze me,which one come be traces of blood? her blood was flowing? abi them carry geepee tank.

*modified*
government should implement death sentence by burning for rapist, cos these crazy individuals probably needs it.

4 Likes

Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by tolexy007(m): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
angry those guys must b hanged not jailed
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by ikombe: 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
death by hanging pls undecided
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by urshawmoore(m): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by ayusco85(m): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
Ok
harrysterol:
Let NYSC be scrapped out instead of corp members to keep dying over nothing
Rip

U could ve made a valid point if ur grammar wasn't faulty. Pls buy a brighter grammar.

NYSC has outlived its original purpose, I think it should be scrapped ASAP. Am currently serving in Abia state, the worst state in Nigeria and west Africa, I feel like absconding every day. I hate NYSC.

Last bullet: RIP to the late corper. God will arrange ur POP in heaven. Amen

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by House24(m): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
Nigeria don become Indian again sad

3 Likes

Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by DULLARDipo: 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
Yoruba people and rape!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by Neyo230(m): 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
Deal with those involved,say NO to RAPE
Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by DULLARDipo: 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
Useless tribe!

6 Likes

Re: Corps Member Gang Raped To Death In Ilorin, Kwara State by ikombe: 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
amoduganja:
d
D - Don Jazzy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Face Of The Thief Electrocuted By Barbed Wire in Kogi (Photos) / 42-Year-Old Man Arrested For Raping A 32-Year-Old Woman In Ogun / Ruth Kamande, Beauty Queen Sentenced To Death In Kenya (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.