Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview (42738 Views)

Don't Tell The Interviewer About Yourself, This Is What He Really Wants To Hear / Don't Tell The Interviewer About Yourself, This Is What He Really Wants To Hear / 5 Things You Should Never Do While Waiting To Hear Back About A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by cbrass(m): 11:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
At the end of most job interviews, the hiring manager will turn the tables and ask, "So, do you have any questions for me?"

Most candidates use this time to learn more about salary and job requirements — but David Melancon, CEO of btr., a corporate rankings platform that focuses on holistic performance, says these are three questions that are far more important, and most people fail to ask them.

Here are the questions:

1. What qualities will a person in this role need to be successful in your company culture — as an individual and as a worker?

"This company's culture is what it is — and it's easy for a company to use their own buzz words to talk about their culture: 'hard charging,' 'hands-on,' 'mission-driven,' 'entrepreneurial,'" Melancon explains. "Often, these words describe the company leaders or refer to aspirations of the company, but they're not always easy to translate directly to every role."

Let's say you're applying to be a administrative assistant — how does "entrepreneurial" apply? Maybe you're going to be an intern in the Human Resources department and an accounting clerk — what does "mission driven" mean to your role?

"By asking about the qualities needed for success, you enable the interviewer to give you specifics that apply to yourself and your role within that culture, rather than the company line about itself," he says.

2. What's the company's position on education and development, including student loan reimbursement and tuition assistance?

You've put a lot of effort and investment into your education and it's possible — especially if this is an entry-level job — that you may not yet be making a salary commensurate with that, says Melancon.

"Some companies realize that and offer assistance in paying off student loans or assist in furthering your education," he says. "Do they have programs that allow you to continue your education? Understanding the company's point of view on education — past and future — as well as how it implements that POV in benefits is important."

3. How does the company keep employees excited, innovative, and motivated?

Companies have a vested interest in keeping their employees "on top of their game." How does this company do it? "Financial benefits such as profit sharing, merit raises, and spot bonuses can be powerful motivators," says Melancon. "But non-financial benefits such as extra days off, Summer Fridays, free meals, happy hours, and company outings are all culture-driven ways that companies keep employees feeling motivated and excited."

Source: http://www.naitalk.com/ncomment.php?id=140

25 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by Realtol(m): 12:06am On Jun 17, 2015
Points taken

1 Like

Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by angelTI(f): 6:20am On Jun 17, 2015
Yea cool
Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by IdeeEsperanza(m): 7:17am On Jun 17, 2015
noted
Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 17, 2015
Points taken
Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by ednut1(m): 7:29am On Jun 17, 2015
how has it been like working here? did it meet your expectations?. d lord knows i never listen to their replies i jst nod my head, cos my mind is on the drilling/ firing i received earlier

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by Tbillz(m): 9:05am On Jun 17, 2015
More grease to your elbow bro.. ..
Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by Switlife: 10:36am On Jun 17, 2015
Op thanks for sharing.
Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by babamadiba(m): 11:03am On Jun 17, 2015
I came hear to learn. So let's go peeps!

1 Like

Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by Samneer: 11:04am On Jun 17, 2015
You are right... actually secured me my present job

1 Like

Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by timbs001(m): 11:06am On Jun 17, 2015
As a CEO myself. I can confirm what the Op wrote cool

1 Like

Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by Kelklein(m): 11:06am On Jun 17, 2015
ok
Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by loomer: 11:07am On Jun 17, 2015
Nice, although I no read am

1 Like

Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by Yousuph569(m): 11:08am On Jun 17, 2015
Fp
Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by Archmed(m): 11:08am On Jun 17, 2015
nice points...though I think point number ONE is most appealing

1 Like

Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 17, 2015
Lol.

These are questions for the induction stage..not after an interview.

After an interview.. the only questions to ask if at all any is Hope I was not too boring?

1 Like

Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by Qoradi(m): 11:09am On Jun 17, 2015
Nice post
Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by Beesluv: 11:09am On Jun 17, 2015
Good
Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by bennydaniel878: 11:09am On Jun 17, 2015
Nice write up

Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 17, 2015
CEO and HR Managers would lie just to paint a good picture...especially all this one-man organisation

1 Like

Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by free37: 11:10am On Jun 17, 2015
Okay.
Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by utenwuson: 11:10am On Jun 17, 2015
my own question!... boss; so after all ds question were u ask me, mk I come ask my own abi? ok how many time u don suck brea*t? Interviewer : pls get out of my office! me: na jst small Question oooh! good one op

1 Like

Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by Deeeebie(f): 11:11am On Jun 17, 2015
Picks pen *** noted **
Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by prelinctus: 11:11am On Jun 17, 2015
Those questions are mere fomality. If the interview likes you, you're in.

1 Like

Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by elohorayodele: 11:12am On Jun 17, 2015
ok, makes sense. Key to career growth is to never stop learning/developing

1 Like

Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by PresidentAde(m): 11:14am On Jun 17, 2015

...YOU MEAN IN NIGERIA ??......
Asin can i ask these questions when i go for an interview @,,,ECO,,SKYE or FIDELITY bank ??
Or maybe one these man business consultant firms ??.
.just asking ni o !!!

1 Like

Re: 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview by Mumsdtwo(m): 11:14am On Jun 17, 2015
A very paramount one up there,I will surely take to that and I will apply my sense in other to create question similar to it again.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI / Can A 18 Year Old Really Achieve This? / How To Answer ''Tell Us About Yourself'' When A Recruiter Asks You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.