Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,509 members, 7,808,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. (13193 Views)

₦70m: Amazing Images Of Land Rover Discovery Converted Into A Mobile Kitchen / How Long Does A Car Tyre Stay Before They Expire? Expert Opinions Needed / Photos Of Specially Made Armored Patrol Vehicles Proudly Crafted In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by dazekid(m): 4:03am On Jun 17, 2015
Hi, I am looking into buying a converted car(I have two options) but I would like to know what problems they may have or pose and what to look out for and know.

Thanks for your input.

Do note that converted in this context means from RHD to LHD and not a engine conversion.

2 Likes

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:34am On Jun 17, 2015
dazekid:
Hi, I am looking into buying a converted car(I have two options) but I would like to know what problems they may have or pose and what to look out for and know.
Thanks for your input.
CC:Lomomike, Gazzuzz, Siena etc.

Do note that converted in this context means from RHD to LHD and not a engine conversion.

You failed to mention what car you were buying. (converting)

Let me give you a quick example.

An automatic Peugeot 206 conversation would involve the replacement of steering rack, dashboard, and possibly brake and throttle pedals. Nothing would get cut or welded, and car would be done in like 6hrs. That to me is one of the easiest conversions so what are you converting?

8 Likes

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by dazekid(m): 7:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

An automatic Peugeot 206 conversation would involve the replacement of steering rack, dashboard, and possibly brake and throttle pedals. Nothing would get cut or welded, and car would be done in like 6hrs. That to me is one of the easiest conversions so what are you converting?

I am actually not doing the conversion, I am interested in buying a converted Lexus RX330 and would like to know if there are any risks or things to look out for when buying.
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Readonee35L(m): 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2377679/urgent-sale-neatly-converted-used#34879288

He is referring to this harrier
@Dazekid
First of all inspect that car and drive it, Notice the movement, The transmission , how the steering feels E.t.c

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by kolaaderin: 3:34am On Jun 19, 2015
Any conversion outside Peugeot vehicles is a big no no. Lexus is a Toyota based vehicle and there frame are factory pre orientated to a specific hand drive, converting them comes with a lot of issues and cut works unlike most peugeut which body frame are designed for both orientation.

9 Likes

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by dazekid(m): 5:23am On Jun 19, 2015
Readonee35L:
https://www.nairaland.com/2377679/urgent-sale-neatly-converted-used#34879288

He is referring to this harrier
@Dazekid
First of all inspect that car and drive it, Notice the movement, The transmission , how the steering feels E.t.c

ok, thanks for your input boss, will surely test it out. Was told the car has been in use for 3 years so I don't know if there are any concerns that'd arise with the age or if that means it is safe at this point.
Thanks though.
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 19, 2015
1. Second hand car driven in Naija.
2. Converted from RHD to LHD

DOUBLE WAHALA

13 Likes

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by DGD1(m): 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
dazekid:

ok, thanks for your input boss, will surely test it out. Was told the car has been in use for 3 years so I don't know if there are any concerns that'd arise with the age or if that means it is safe at this point.
Thanks though.

RX is not a small car o, the credibility of the conversion here is what you should consider,
if I were you my bro, I would rather wait a little while save up more money to buy the one not converted.
BT if you get a good mechanic and certifies the car, go for it, its clean and fairly cheap
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
dazekid:

I am actually not doing the conversion, I am interested in buying a converted Lexus RX330 and would like to know if there are any risks or things to look out for when buying.

Why you wan use all your life investment weave basket for yourself?
Dem swear for you make you no use factory configured LHD must it be RHD converted to LHD?

You never see stress wey you wan buy with C of O.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by exlinkleads(f): 10:48am On Jun 20, 2015
sss
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by laurel03(m): 10:48am On Jun 20, 2015
Some cars are good in conversion while some are not good at all and also depend on d mechanic dt handle because not every mechanic can do conversion
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Burger01(m): 10:50am On Jun 20, 2015
I've seen a converted car steering and brake locked while on speed. It eventually swerved into the bush. Since then, conversion is a no no for me.smiley
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by rozayx5(m): 10:55am On Jun 20, 2015
Burger01:
I've seen a converted car steering and brake locked while on speed. It eventually swerved into the bush. Since then, conversion is a no no for me.smiley

scary sad
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by ben1daEbiri(m): 10:55am On Jun 20, 2015
I don't do conversion shit...bro if u ask me,i'ld say u shouldn't go for a converted car altogether...unless it was done in the factory

1 Like

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by kwaraguy(m): 10:56am On Jun 20, 2015
I have nothing to contribute just here to learn. Let the experts do the lecturing. Feel free to join me as students

8 Likes

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by evatee(m): 10:58am On Jun 20, 2015
I will advise u not to go for the car. If ur money is not enough to buy LHD why not wait a little for the money to complete than converting. Ma frnd drives a converted car and I knw the issues he is getting on it.
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by worldgee101: 11:01am On Jun 20, 2015
Hmmmhhhhh
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 20, 2015
chibabe3:
1. Second hand car driven in Naija.
2. Converted from RHD to LHD

DOUBLE WAHALA

Double infact if not triple.
My advice to you OP, don't even go and test drive it at all. the only reason i would buy a coverted car would be if it was converted oversea before shipping it here.

Very few of the mechanics sabi the conversion for here, especially that toyota(ODO) in mushin.
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:07am On Jun 20, 2015
dazekid:

Thanks for your input.

My brother this one na double wahala.... buy convertible... shikenan

1 Like

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by cactuscee(m): 11:10am On Jun 20, 2015
Used car is one problem and a used converted one is another .
I have heard of incident where the steering wheel of a converted car removed while in motion.
The changeover is not a quite achievable in Nigeria and most times it affects the aesthetic of the car where it involve dashboard and pedal conversions.
Don't buy it , try save up for a tokunbo one either from USA or conounou
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Born2eatPussy(m): 11:15am On Jun 20, 2015
There's no problem involved in switching left hand drive to left.
Here in the U.S we love-vendor whatever you want.
A Toyota Camry can be converted to a limousine.

Your mechanic knows what to do

2 Likes

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by sirnature: 11:15am On Jun 20, 2015
Can't rily say it's gud.my advice is for u 2 save up a little and go for the non converted RX, cus if it's not panadol it can't be panadolu should also no dat d drivers seat re nt rily adjustable, cus it's d passengers seat,it only slides front and back but can't go up and down.

2 Likes

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by ajja: 11:18am On Jun 20, 2015
nigeria is a dumping grand
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by lafex: 11:19am On Jun 20, 2015
kolaaderin:
Any conversion outside Peugeot vehicles is a big no no. Lexus is a Toyota based vehicle and there frame are factory pre orientated to a specific hand drive, converting them comes with a lot of issues and cut works unlike most peugeut which body frame are designed for both orientation.
what abt Nissan Primera 2005. Does it have issues when converted?
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Born2eatPussy(m): 11:19am On Jun 20, 2015
ajja:
nigeria is a dumping grand

Shut up
Local dog

4 Likes

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Nayok(m): 11:20am On Jun 20, 2015
U̶̲̥̅̊ forgot position of hand breake
GAZZUZZ:

Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by ajbabs(m): 11:22am On Jun 20, 2015
Consider your options very well.
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Datruggedman: 11:23am On Jun 20, 2015
. front page tin,@op,u haven't drive LHD CARS finish ,u dey find RHD POVERTY
Re: Hand Drive Converted Vehicles. Your opinions. by Nayok(m): 11:23am On Jun 20, 2015
Born2eatPussy:
There's no problem involved in switching left hand drive to left.
Here in the U.S we love-vendor whatever you want.
A Toyota Camry can be converted to a limousine.

Your mechanic knows what to do
. This dude D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ truly eat p***y grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Happened To Izuogu’s Z-600 Nigeria Made Car? / Toyota Corolla Dx Or Golf 4-pls Advice / I'm 17 Can I Get My Drivers License???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.