Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,269 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Need help learning Modern C++ - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need help learning Modern C++ (1434 Views)

Learn How To Build Modern UI With Java (desktop App) / Modern Web Apps With React And Redux – Tutsplus / Programmable Logic Controller Step7 Siemens Plc A Gateway To Modern Technology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need help learning Modern C++ by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 17, 2015
Hi Guys, I know there are C++ gurus here, this was actually the first language i learnt but the highest I have gone with it was playing around with Qt to build apps and mostly CLI tools and they haven't been easy, my knowledge of C++ are still pre-C++11 , if anyone can share C++ news, tutorials, but my main aim is to get back and at least be comfortable with it, links of most doable C++ Projects would be appreciated I think Projects are easier to gain knowledge about a platform than reading tutorials. Thanks

Note: I know you might be thinking why not C# and the rest I work with those, but with C++ and trying to gain more knowledge on the lower level and improve my thinking (because honestly it's getting low) so if you have School Projects on C++ i don't mind you sharing with me so i can practice and test my skills.

1 Like

Re: Need help learning Modern C++ by sanny18(m): 2:52pm On Jun 17, 2015
sir I just started learning c,pls which complier can u recommend
Re: Need help learning Modern C++ by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
sanny18:
sir I just started learning c,pls which complier can u recommend

I run Linux so obviously i'd be biased and say GCC if you are windows it seems you might be locked to msvc (MS Visual compiler)
Re: Need help learning Modern C++ by jacob05(m): 4:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
Re: Need help learning Modern C++ by sanny18(m): 5:40pm On Jun 17, 2015
pcguru1:

I run Linux so obviously i'd be biased and say GCC if you are windows it seems you might be locked to msvc (MS Visual compiler)
tanx sir
Re: Need help learning Modern C++ by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2015

1 Like

Re: Need help learning Modern C++ by jacob05(m): 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
pcguru1:

Thanks bro
Anytime boss.
Re: Need help learning Modern C++ by BlueMagnificent(m): 8:18pm On Jun 18, 2015
You might want to look up some Open Source C++ projects. You'll learn quite a lot by perusing through their codes.

Come rain or shine C++ Rocks grin

1 Like

Re: Need help learning Modern C++ by gmus: 10:38pm On Jun 20, 2015
Download C++: The completer Reference, 4th Edition.

That is the easiest book in the world with with to learn C++.( my opinion)

It is pre- C++11, but good enough. Updating to C++11 will be a peace of cake after reading it.
Re: Need help learning Modern C++ by Ochiske(m): 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
pcguru1 bro abeg drop your whatsapp no. please i need us to talk.
abeg
Re: Need help learning Modern C++ by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 10, 2015
Ochiske:
pcguru1 bro abeg drop your whatsapp no. please i need us to talk.
abeg

Sorry but at this point i am under intense pressure, but my no is 08162985504 but there's a tendency for me not to pick, got fire under my ass at work cry a text is good though or mail, i can reply

@jacobs sadly still haven't had the slightest free chance to attempt , i was under the impression we would parse the text to formulars, and convert them to the Objects , nice use of operator overloading. pls bring more of this hopefully i will have free time cry

1 Like

Re: Need help learning Modern C++ by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 10, 2015
IMO I use resedit when I plan on developing gui for c++, then I have to create themes for that and import it into the form.
That's not too easy, hence stick to QT and use widgets.
I'm working on something which uses win32 functions, sorry I haven't been too active here.
Re: Need help learning Modern C++ by moderatorr1: 8:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
I am making a C++ tutorial here: http://braintem.org/adverts/view/9/

Feel free to leave comments where you have questions
Re: Need help learning Modern C++ by 2mNaira: 7:47am On Jul 15, 2015
pcguru1:

Sorry but at this point i am under intense pressure, but my no is 08162985504 but there's a tendency for me not to pick, got fire under my ass at work cry a text is good though or mail, i can reply

@jacobs sadly still haven't had the slightest free chance to attempt , i was under the impression we would parse the text to formulars, and convert them to the Objects , nice use of operator overloading. pls bring more of this hopefully i will have free time cry

Don't forget to add a function that will output the result of the computation as a string.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have An Online Shop For Sale Or Can You Develop One? / Active Github / Most Popular Javascript Frameworks To Learn In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.