Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,501 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:36 PM

APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others (22120 Views)

Caption This Photo Oyegun And Tinubu At Book Presentation On Buhari / Saraki, Oyegun And Ahmed Lawan Meet (photos) / Saraki's Meeting With Oyegun And APC Leaders Cancelled Abruptly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by exlink10(m): 8:11am On Jun 17, 2015
The need to further consult and calm frayed nerves has been adduced as reasons why the leadership of the All Progressives Congress shelved a meeting scheduled to hold in Abuja on Tuesday.

It was learnt that some of the party leaders who were still sore about the outcome of the National Assembly leadership elections, are yet to agree to sit on the roundtable with individuals they claimed stabbed them in the back.

A member of the party caucus who pleaded anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue said, “You expect me to sit with people who for their selfish interests connived with the opposition to deny our party what is due to it?

“We need time for the wounds to heal. You must also understand that the comment of Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso which is in the papers today, has not helped matters.”

It was further learnt that as part of the consultations before a wider meeting would be called, President Muhammadu Buhari met with former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, the party’s National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, and the Nasarawa State Governor, Alhaji Tanko Al-Makura, at his private residence in Abuja on Thursday.

When contacted, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, denied knowledge of any scheduled caucus or Board of Trustees meeting.

He told The PUNCH, “I am not aware of any meeting scheduled for Abuja, today (Tuesday), I only know that the Governors Forum is meeting tomorrow (Wednesday).

It will be recalled that Al-Makura had on Sunday told newsmen in Lafia, that party leaders would meet in Abuja, on Tuesday to deliberate on the challenges facing the party.
http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-crisis-buhari-meets-atiku-oyegun/

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by Maczeelly(m): 8:12am On Jun 17, 2015
Yeah
Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by Bugatie(m): 8:12am On Jun 17, 2015
Hope it's in our best interest.

Somehow I feel Lie Mohammed should tune down on his press releases and statements. He embarrassed his party and the President with his utterances after the NASS election.

Anyhow, I wish PMB well as he drives this nation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by exlink10(m): 8:13am On Jun 17, 2015
It seems APC is worst that than PDP oooo, are we sure that the change we voted for is positive? Or Negative? God abeg oooo

18 Likes

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by donholy28(m): 8:18am On Jun 17, 2015
A.P.C crises: Buhari meets Atiku,Oyegun and other criminals

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 17, 2015
Lai mohammed keeps denying every move made by his party.

E be like say this man too like trouble

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by modath(f): 8:25am On Jun 17, 2015
Its imperative that Baba does & rein them in quickly since they've decided to act like children over a shiny new toy!! undecided

I'm just amazed that Atiku is so interested in the govt now when he did zero to ensure their success during the polls!! undecided

11 Likes

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by DjHypno(m): 8:30am On Jun 17, 2015
Why was there no crisis when you people were campaigning undecided Rubbish!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 17, 2015
L
Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by bornmekus: 8:31am On Jun 17, 2015
A.P.C wahala,its too much.Its more than Nigeria's problem.

8 Likes

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 17, 2015
APC sad Chaii

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by makzeze: 8:31am On Jun 17, 2015
At any rate those who argue that if Buhari had intervened decisively in the choice of the National Assembly leadership, APC, as the new ruling party, would’ve saved itself the embarrassment of having a PDP senator as deputy Senate president, ignore the fact that Saraki might still have won, in which case APC could have suffered an even worse predicament than it is in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by eleojo23: 8:31am On Jun 17, 2015
So Buhari is now Mediator-General of the All Progressive Congress?
The last time I checked, that was not what he contested for in the last election.

6 Likes

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by Lilimax(f): 8:32am On Jun 17, 2015
The crisis is coming too early embarassed
Any house divided against itself will not stand; however, if it'll be for the good of
Nigerian masses, so be it smiley

Nigeria must change for good.

4 Likes

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by otijah(m): 8:32am On Jun 17, 2015
Even Liar Mohammed is not aware of the meeting
APC in a deep shit

3 Likes

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:32am On Jun 17, 2015
Behind every successful leaders, there is a crisis that will occur. The crisis will soon come to pass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by Johnnoah1st: 8:32am On Jun 17, 2015
L
Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by mizvee(f): 8:32am On Jun 17, 2015
Kk
Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by MillionDollars: 8:32am On Jun 17, 2015
POLITICS!! They would fight in PUBLIC and settle in MEETING angry angry angry
Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by phransix147(m): 8:34am On Jun 17, 2015
If the venue na ICC I no go... I prefer to dey my house!

1 Like

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 17, 2015
'A member of the party caucus who pleaded anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue said, “You expect me to sit with people who for their selfish interests connived with the opposition to deny our party what is due to it?'

^^^^What is due to it indeed.. undecided.. This shows previous elections have been all about apportionment and not necessarily electing the competent candidate.. undecided

3 Likes

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by Alpha100(m): 8:34am On Jun 17, 2015
Okay we know there was gonna be crisis in APC but we didn't know it was gonna come this early.

Nice for the oppostion though.

In other news...I'm currently giving out a winning strategy on vfl. If you're interested send me a mail...check my signature below.
Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by Sapphire86(f): 8:34am On Jun 17, 2015
BY the time buhari restores peace to APC, 4 years would have been up and probably nothing would have been achieved.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by ITbomb(m): 8:34am On Jun 17, 2015
Una never see crisis yet, when una deny Amaechi his petroleum portfolio, na there the real crisis go start

9 Likes

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by MizMyColi(f): 8:34am On Jun 17, 2015
cheesy

7 Likes

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by archangel101(m): 8:34am On Jun 17, 2015
i no even read am sef

as long as say na politics i no care again
Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:36am On Jun 17, 2015
Alright.
They should apologize to Tinubu asap
Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 17, 2015
A party formed with lies and propaganda can NEVER stand the test of time. How I so hate this APC

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by kaywhynoni: 8:36am On Jun 17, 2015
I was here.....
Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by Firefire(m): 8:36am On Jun 17, 2015
Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by k4kings(m): 8:36am On Jun 17, 2015
Y wasn't Tinubus name mentioned, or is he nw refered to as others in APC ?? Jst asking

7 Likes

Re: APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others by SenatorTobijah(m): 8:36am On Jun 17, 2015
This not what Nigerians voted for, apperently this APC is going the same direction with PDP. Shame!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Politicians Fell Victims To Shadowy Mexican Oil Syndicate / FG Orders MDAs To Stop Using Gmail, Yahoo Mail For Official Communication / Revisiting Iyabo Obasanjo's Open Letter To Her Father (OBJ) In December 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.