Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (34116 Views)

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis / Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos. / Similarities Between Yoruba And Bini (edo) Dancers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Afam4eva(m): 8:55pm On Mar 07, 2012
The rate at which Igbos and Yorubas are getting married is on the rise but still very low. It's not even up to 0.5%. People just see 5 Igbo and Yoruba people getting married and they conclude that marraige between both groups are growing tremendously. Na, i don't think so.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:10pm On Mar 07, 2012
I am gravely against intertribal dating or marriage because it brings lots of confusion and sensitivity!! I can confidently tell you that most of the Igbos married to yorubas are mostly from Imo and Delta state chic. Only a handful of Anambra and Enugu chics entertain such advances from them! Having lived in lagos for the most part of my time in Naija,I find it extremely impossible to marry a chic from the GREAT TRIBE OF THE YORUBAS! If my daughter ever bring a yoruba man home I will lose my temper!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by onila(f): 9:12pm On Mar 07, 2012
so if your daughter brings back a yoruba man that is rich, educated, honest, nice and also comes from a good family you wont agree
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:07pm On Mar 07, 2012
onila:

so if your daughter brings back a yoruba man that is rich, educated, honest, nice and also comes from a good family you wont agree

My fine sister,you have no idea about how I feel about most of these ppl!! A rich yoruba man who is angling to marry an Igbo is doing so because they know Igbos women qualities! Our women are fine,supportive of their husbands and well behaved,so, if a yoruba can see that I wonder why an Igbo cant. I will give my daughter to an Igbo mechanic suitor one million times before I will let a yoruba knock on my door! I mostly grew up in lagos,hence,you can be sure am not here to tribalize ! I DONT THINK PEOPLE REALLY UNDERSTAND THESE PEOPLE THE WAY I DO ! ! Mind you I lived in Isale Eko !!
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by tpia5: 12:33am On Mar 08, 2012
^Yet you will still stand at attention and rain curses on any other suitor should adenuga's son start dating your daughter.

Obasanjo's son self. Who no like contract.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:25am On Mar 08, 2012
We shouldnt talk about ppl we dont know very well.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by tpia5: 4:50am On Mar 08, 2012
^^so its not your wish for your daughter to marry into obj or adenuga's family, if they were interested?

you wouldnt jump at the chance to leave isale eko and move to oke eko?
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:22am On Mar 08, 2012
Isale Eko ko, isale eko enu ? Am very comfortable. . .By the way,most Isale Eko people are very jealous and hateful,especially, to the Igbos ? reason ? I dont know cause they also have some very wealthy people amongst them.

1 Like

Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by newmusic: 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2012
You cant expect nothing more from an igbo priest who stays in isale eko. Say no tribalism and racism. Leave your shrine and mix with real people not isale eko tout and ur companion in your shrine.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:38pm On Mar 08, 2012
newmusic:

You cant expect nothing more from an igbo priest who stays in isale eko. Say no tribalism and racism. Leave your shrine and mix with real people not isale eko tout and ur companion in your shrine.

I dont wanna resort to insult because it will becloud my point! Truth is that most yorubas in Lagos Island are not comfortable with the surge of Igbos in the battle of the "who controls the economy" of Lagos Island! And I know they are fast losing out. Reason why most Igbos dont fight back them back whenever fight breaks out is that most Igbos dont live in isale eko. And because if you fight the yorubas in isale eko,well,after the fight you will go back to your mainland house while most of them live there and they will BURN UR BUSINESS TO THE GROUND just to get at you!! These is what they do !! Very jealous,hateful and spiteful group of people!! I know a lot of Igbos who have surfered this fate! Somebody who worked over 30yrs to build a multi million business only to come one morning and its BURN TO THE GROUND ! An Hausa man cant do such neither will Edo or Efik will do so! You said only touts do so? Not really because I have seen many london schooled yorubas educated who have exibited same character! Makes me wonder what manner of people are these people! They even hate the Igbo man nature of spending his money modestly!
So mr newmusic,get ur facts right! Believe me when I say I know these people like the back of my hand.

1 Like

Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Antivirus92(m): 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2012
Atleast there is a point of attraction between igbo gals and yoruba (rich)men. This is because igbo girls are very gorgeous but no point of attraction between yoruba gals and igbo men because yoruba girls are nothing short of gorillas. And may you all know it that only very rich yoruba guys marry igbo girls leaving the poor yorubas to marry yoruba girls. Finally igbo/yoruba marriage is around 0.005% while igbo/igbo marriage is 98%.

1 Like

Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by onila(f): 1:17pm On Jul 17, 2012
tongue
Antivirus92: Atleast there is a point of attraction between igbo gals and yoruba (rich)men. This is because igbo girls are very gorgeous but no point of attraction between yoruba gals and igbo men because yoruba girls are nothing short of gorillas. And may you all know it that only very rich yoruba guys marry igbo girls leaving the poor yorubas to marry yoruba girls. Finally igbo/yoruba marriage is around 0.005% while igbo/igbo marriage is 98%.

tongue
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by anonymous6(f): 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2012
Antivirus92: Atleast there is a point of attraction between igbo gals and yoruba (rich)men. This is because igbo girls are very gorgeous but no point of attraction between yoruba gals and igbo men because yoruba girls are nothing short of gorillas. And may you all know it that only very rich yoruba guys marry igbo girls leaving the poor yorubas to marry yoruba girls. Finally igbo/yoruba marriage is around 0.005% while igbo/igbo marriage is 98%.

All nonsence, and made up fantasy; there is no attraction between yoruba females and igbo men because non of them are into each other majority of the time, it is that simple, that Gorilla assumption is ridiculous. Also majority of the rich Yoruba men marry Yoruba females not the other way around, the same thing with the majority of rich igbo men marry igbo women, and the majority of rich hausa men marry hausa women. The majority marrys their own. If your assumption and made up nonsence was correct then Funke Akindele's husband, Mosun Filani's Husband, Fashola, Tinubu, Otunba Mike Adenuga, Even Kofi Annans daughter who is half Nigerian yoruba(her mother is yoruba Nigerian); she ended up with a wealthy Yoruba man as well, and many other wealthy Yoruba men That I see in BellaNaija marriage section wouldn't have married yourba women but married igbo women It seems like you are just trying to put down yoruba's at all cost, especially them women and it is just ridiculous. get a job and a life

p.s. if yoruba women look like Gorillas as you said then why is it that they don't have a problem marrying their men?, why is it that this yoruba female was approached by a non-Yoruba men for marriage?: http://yorubafilm.com/yoruba-weddings/3193-nore-and-bukola.html

Yoruba Brides
http://www.bluenewandborrowed.com/2011/05/brides-around-world-yoruba-brides.html

Mosun Filani(yoruba) married to a wealthy Yoruba man
http://nigeriahttp://nigeriafilms.com/news/17334/27/top-actress-mosun-filani-holds-secret-white-weddin.html
Lamide Shonikan(yoruba)[/b]married to a wealthy yoruba man
http://www.bellanaija.com/2009/11/02/sealed-with-a-kiss-lamide-lawson-wale-shonekan-wed/

[b]A BEAUTIFUL YORUBA WOMAN GETTING MARRIED TO A YORUBA MAN(in the segun gele interview)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI-xfeCrRf8
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Antivirus92(m): 3:34pm On Jul 17, 2012
anonymous6:

All nonsence, and made up fantasy; there is no attraction between yoruba females and igbo men because non of them are into each other majority of the time, it is that simple, that Gorilla assumption is ridiculous. Also majority of the rich Yoruba men marry Yoruba females not the other way around, the same thing with the majority of rich igbo men marry igbo women, and the majority of rich hausa men marry hausa women. The majority marrys their own. If your assumption and made up nonsence was correct then Funke Akindele's husband, Mosun Filani's Husband, Fashola, Tinubu, Otunba Mike Adenuga, Even Kofi Annans daughter who is half Nigerian yoruba(her mother is yoruba Nigerian); she ended up with a wealthy Yoruba man as well, and many other wealthy Yoruba men That I see in BellaNaija marriage section wouldn't have married yourba women but married igbo women It seems like you are just trying to put down yoruba's at all cost, especially them women and it is just ridiculous. get a job and a life

p.s. if yoruba women look like Gorillas as you said then why is it that they don't have a problem marrying their men?, why is it that this yoruba female was approached by a non-Yoruba men for marriage?: http://yorubafilm.com/yoruba-weddings/3193-nore-and-bukola.html

Yoruba Brides
http://www.bluenewandborrowed.com/2011/05/brides-around-world-yoruba-brides.html

Mosun Filani(yoruba) married to a wealthy Yoruba man
http://nigeriahttp://nigeriafilms.com/news/17334/27/top-actress-mosun-filani-holds-secret-white-weddin.html
Lamide Shonikan(yoruba)[/b]married to a wealthy yoruba man
http://www.bellanaija.com/2009/11/02/sealed-with-a-kiss-lamide-lawson-wale-shonekan-wed/

[b]A BEAUTIFUL YORUBA WOMAN GETTING MARRIED TO A YORUBA MAN(in the segun gele interview)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI-xfeCrRf8
the truth is always bitter! Dude!
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by anonymous6(f): 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2012
Antivirus92: the truth is always bitter! Dude!

I'm a female not a dude, and I guess it is bitter for you not me because non of what you said is the truth, all you need to say is you don't like yoruba women, and I will respect that but to make up fantasies to make you sleep at night is immature and ridiculous.

The only truth I got from you is you will find any excuse to insult yoruba women whether a thread ask for it or not or it was called for or not, that is the personality of a trouble maker and attention seeker to me
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Antivirus92(m): 3:57pm On Jul 17, 2012
anonymous6:

I'm a female not a dude, and I guess it is bitter for you not me because non of what you said is the truth, all you need to say is you don't like yoruba women, and I will respect that but to make up fantasies to make you sleep at night is immature and ridiculous.

The only truth I got from you is you will find any excuse to insult yoruba women whether a thread ask for it or not or it was called for or not, that is the personality of a trouble maker and attention seeker to me
but i didn't beat u,why the crying? Should i buy handkerchief for u?
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by anonymous6(f): 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2012
Antivirus92: but i didn't beat u,why the crying? Should i buy handkerchief for u?

I never said you or I beat each other, why should I cry, lol. I think I should ask you that question, do you need it for yourself?
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Antivirus92(m): 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2012
anonymous6:

I never said you or I beat each other, why should I cry, lol. I think I should ask you that question, do you need it for yourself?
hahahahahahahahaha! This girl self!
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by onila(f): 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2012
anonymous6:
] Also majority of the rich Yoruba men marry Yoruba females not the other way around, the same thing with the majority of rich igbo men marry igbo women, and the majority of rich hausa men marry hausa women. The majority marrys their own. If your assumption and made up nonsence was correct then Funke Akindele's husband, Mosun Filani's Husband, Fashola, Tinubu, Otunba Mike Adenuga, Even Kofi Annans daughter who is half Nigerian yoruba(her mother is yoruba Nigerian); she ended up with a wealthy Yoruba man as well, and many other wealthy Yoruba men

true smiley

1 Like

Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by anonymous6(f): 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2012
Antivirus92: hahahahahahahahaha! This girl self!

get a job
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by anonymous6(f): 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2012
onila:

true smiley

thank you onila and keep it up with the black beauty threads
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Antivirus92(m): 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2012
anonymous6:

get a job
so i decided to be friendly to you and u just show me that u need it not
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by anonymous6(f): 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2012
Antivirus92: so i decided to be friendly to you and u just show me that u need it not

you weren't being friendly with me, you were being sarcastic in directly
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Balkan(m): 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2012
Sorry to say this, it's a fact that if you marry a yoruba woman you married her for all. Even your driver will father a child for her. She will never stick to one man so that she will
Have a lot of property to share. Not withstanding their dirty nature no real Igbo man can put them in there house as wife. They are good for " pay as you go" you don't keep them as
Wives at home. In fairness to them, they are not money conscious. They are conted with whatever you dash them.

There is serious rush for igbo girls by our politicians. Almost all the south south governors have Igbo wives as first ladies. evenGEJ. You think the are fools? Mary a dirty Yoruba
Girl and see if your children will not look like your neighbours.

The truth is that Igbos can Mary any tribe but Yoruba and Edo.

1 Like

Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Obelomo: 6:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
Balkan u r an ediot. First of all there are some parts in yorubaland, that if a Yoruba woman marries an Igbo man, they think she can't get husband.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by obasijoy(f): 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2012
hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by tpia5: 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
there is no need to badmouth the entire tribe just because you want yoruba men to marry your women.

why cant some of you get this fact into your low IQs?

it stands to reason at any given time, a certain percentage of yoruba men will date and marry outside their tribe.

market yourselves to those ones and stop disturbing everybody, geez. If you cant tell at a glance who they are, have your informants find out.

just state the facts as they appear on ground for goodness sake.

why all the kalokalo.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Aikayy: 9:58am On Jan 27, 2013
KarmaMod: Iya e ni "pathetic creep". Omo ale oshi

Oya go and call that your second name. Loser grin

Person made a joke and like usual the pathetic gay is whining. Abeg go back to foaming at the mouth about "Obama the monkey" cheesy

Huh Awww!! How pathetic, she's having a relapse! Yaba left things...
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by emmysharp(m): 12:03am On Sep 21, 2013
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Lilimax(f): 4:41pm On Apr 26, 2019
ezeagu:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/130304_kunle5_jpg2d54f5978594fdd907054ce6a05ed39f

Which one's the Igbo family? sad
This man dedded here almost became the governor of Ogun State.
He is the same Hon Kunle Akinlade, Ogun APM Guber Candidate

Adekunle Abdulkabir Akinlade (Triple A),Ogun State Governorship Candidate of the Allied People’s movement (APM) for 2019 general elections
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by jbblues24(m): 10:44pm On Jun 01, 2019
This concept has navigated right into my heart. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ifa - The True Religion Of The Yorubas? / Ekiti: 3 Killed, Oba Bobade Adeleke Chased Out Over Ogun Festival (Photos) / 2 Groups Of Masquerades Seen Fighting Dirty Over An Undisclosed Issue (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.