Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,954 members, 7,806,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Another African Immigrant Killed By U.S Police(some Day We'll Be Done Wit Oyibo) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Another African Immigrant Killed By U.S Police(some Day We'll Be Done Wit Oyibo) (1047 Views)

Origin Of The Word " Oyibo".. / Oyibo - Igbo Or Yoruba Word? / Oyibo Eating Eba In A Funny Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another African Immigrant Killed By U.S Police(some Day We'll Be Done Wit Oyibo) by RandomAfricanAm: 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2015
This one was from Sudan

[size=18pt]"Deng Manyoun" [/size]

apparently he couldn't speak English and was drunk. When the officer questioned him he walked off and got a flag pole and started swinging on the officer. Apparently the "trained law enforcement officer" couldn't deescalate with a drunk flagpole waving guy and shot him twice(maybe he left his pepper spray or tazer in the car ...hell, a billy club would work on a drunk undecided ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo13B07nryg

I know the first one was an art student from Nigeria

[size=18pt]Matthew Ajibade[/size]

In his case 9 officers were fired......they hardly ever go to jail(I wonder can they get a job in a different police force)

Nine Georgia deputies have been fired in connection with the death of a 21-year-old student in Savannah, Georgia, authorities announced Friday

The firings are related to the case of Matthew Ajibade, who died in an isolation cell on New Year’s Day, said Gena Bilbo, the Chatham County Sheriff’s spokeswoman.
http://fox13now.com/2015/05/08/9-cops-fired-in-connection-with-death-of-21-year-old/
Re: Another African Immigrant Killed By U.S Police(some Day We'll Be Done Wit Oyibo) by knightsTempler: 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
sad

1 Like

Re: Another African Immigrant Killed By U.S Police(some Day We'll Be Done Wit Oyibo) by AAinEqGuinea: 4:55pm On Jun 17, 2015
H.ell no

Shoot that flag swingin muthafucka shocked cool

Pig was right that day

Matthew Ajibade, 21, broke female sergeant's nose while being restrained after arrest, police say.

Shoot that muthafucka too
Re: Another African Immigrant Killed By U.S Police(some Day We'll Be Done Wit Oyibo) by RandomAfricanAm: 5:59am On Jun 18, 2015
@AAinEqGuinea I'm glad you caught/mentioned that which is why I added the video and the link. Though I'm surprised you didn't check and see that the drunk guy was suspected of assaulting a woman on the street earlier before being stopped.

That said it allows me to open the real question.......
(BTW, no this wasn't a bait thread but I did have other things swirling around my head)

1. What do you think happens at the tipping point of people feeling that if I....
a. comply with the police I'm victimized
b. Leave/run from the situation I'm victimized
c. fight back I'm victimized

Will people opt out of society all together**move to an all black area, leave U.S, etc** / go on the offensive attacking societal structures before those structures attacks them. / Something else all together.

NOTE: What people should do and what they often likely will do are different things.

2. On the question of appropriate force: in what tangible*everyone can see it, smell it, touch it* circumstances do you feel a police officer should shoot a suspect with a gun versus using non-lethal deterrents such as mace, stun gun, etc.

NOTE: I don't deal in the "perfect victim scenarios" that conversation leads full circle right back to question number one of If I feel no matter what response I take I'll be victimized What response do I take.

Hey he died but at least he tested the fight back rout.... <-- this was actually my initial and still main response to the story.
Ol' boy was swinging that pole like a champ tongue
Re: Another African Immigrant Killed By U.S Police(some Day We'll Be Done Wit Oyibo) by RandomAfricanAm: 8:04am On Jun 18, 2015
Damn, I'm over hear asking academic questions(well I think they are practical but anyway....)

I turn on the news and find that some white guy walked into the AME(African Methodist Episcopal) church cofounded by Denmark Vesey opened fire and killed 9 people including a state senator from South Carolina. Have a feeling this is going to be a long crazy summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pWyApYqxBI

I will say, I'm curious what will be the response of the **pray it away** church now that a gunman has come to their doorstep ...and entered.

(1) (Reply)

nigerians hello / PHOTOS: Oba Of Lagos Storms Colchester For Grandson Graduation / Amazing - See Photo Of A Tree Dabbing In Celebration Of Nigeria's Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.