Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! (22439 Views)

Nigerian Girl Is Her School Student Assistant Women's Basketball Coach In USA / THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad) / Peter Okoye Sets Up A Football Management Agency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! by 080football(m): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
Have you ever wondered what it takes to become a football coach, or do you have a friend or relative that is so keen on being the next Murinho, Wenger, Ancellotti, Simeone, LVG or Ferguson? You are welcome to 080FOOTBALL-HOW-TO-BE segment. We want to show you how easy it is and what to do to become a football coach in Nigeria and abroad.

WHO IS QUALIFIED?

Everybody is eligible as long as you are at least 16years old with a first leaving certificate or its equivalent (minimum qualification). Those with visual impairments may not be qualified because football is a visual game.

HOW TO BEGIN

You are expected to go to the State secretariat closest to you to get relevant information like the application fees and the banks to apply to. You will pay a nonrefundable amount to the account given to you. If the application is successful, you will start your chosen program at the Lagos Campus of the National Sports Institute.

PROGRAMS:

BASIC PROGRAM

The Basic program is for those without coaching experience. You will spend the first two months in the classroom, before undertaking a compulsory IT (One Month) program with a club of your choice. The (Basic) program is expected to last for 3 months.

DIPLOMA PROGRAM

The diploma program is for those with the required coaching experience or those with the Basic certificate. You are expected to spend one year in the classroom and another five months in a club for relevant and practical coaching experience. You will write an exam at the end of this program, if you are successful, you are qualified to coach some small amateur clubs in Nigeria and many other African countries.

HIGHER DIPLOMA PROGRAM

The higher diploma program is for those with Diploma certificate from National Institute of Sports or its equivalent from another country. The program will last for one year in Nigeria and you will be attached to a club from time to time.

NOTE: The National Institute of Sports (NIS) also runs a twin program with a Sports Institute in Holland. The Diploma graduates in Nigeria can run a Higher Diploma program for just one month if they choose to travel to Holland for the course.

You can coach any club in Nigeria with a Higher Diploma Certificate from the National Institute of Sports. But you can’t coach clubs like Chelsea, Real Madrid or any other Champions League club. You need to apply for a LEVEL THREE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM in some big European countries like England, Spain, France or Italy. The duration depends on the country/Federation as well as institution. Nonetheless, their general program includes the following;

Theory

The learning and coaching process (pt2)

Match and player analysis

Team organization: Strategies and tactics

Psychological factors

Football fitness (pt2)

Injury identification

Aspects of first aid

Drug awareness and education

Youngsters in football – child

Development (part two – including working with teenagers)

Preparing, planning and evaluating coaching sessions in conjunction with competitive match programs

Attitudes and ethics

Practical

Development of possession

Movement to create space

Counter-attacking play

Play in the attacking third

Regaining possession

Defending in the thirds of the field

Goalkeeping

Assessment

Those who want to completely study abroad will start from Level One till they get to level Three. They are expected to take a written examination, which includes a multiple choice question in: Football fitness, injury identification and recognition, aspects of first aid and nutrition.

Some Federations may also require an oral Interview regarding recorded coaching and other practical coaching sessions. So be prepared! Goodluck!!!

For more stories and information on how to be whatever you want to be in the football business, visit www.080football.com. You can also like us on facebook www.facebook.com/080football to get the latest updates as the come

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! by donholy28(m): 5:31pm On Jun 17, 2015
will all these diplomas teach u how to win match.
Re: How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 18, 2015
Thank you for the info, I hope to start working on it any moment from January next year. Its my dream and passion to be a football coach.
Re: How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! by mauriemaxwell: 10:20am On Jun 19, 2015
By the will and power of God.i will be the next mourinho
Re: How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! by 080football(m): 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
@mauriemaxwell: Amennnnn ohhhhhh
@donholy28 :University degree no go give job but go give u the edge and the right tools and some network too ..... so is ur diploma and other things u learn as u grow,, cheerss bro...
@teekay12: ALl the very best bro.... will be glad to help if u need more info...... cheers
Re: How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! by PrettyAngel22(f): 10:13pm On Jun 19, 2015
Do you know that you can now place your bets with your mobile phones at the comfort of your homes?

No need to go about looking for bet shops.

You can open a surebet account with your phone,fund your account and start placing bet with your phone without stress.

No need of spending hours at bet shops.

You get the same high odd that you will also get at bet shops.

Minimum stake is #50 naira.

No more come today,come tomorrow to collect your winning.

Once you win online,you will request for payment and its done.

Your registration password must be 8 letters long and contain alphabets and numbers e.g 9A8B7C6D

Visit the link below to register

https://www.surebet247.com/Odds/registration/affiliate169633

https://www.surebet247.com/Odds/registration/affiliate169633
Customer care lines 013429983

I want you to also win money without stress.
You can contact me if you are having registration problems.
Thank me later
Re: How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 20, 2015
080football:
@donholy28 :University degree no go give job but go give u the edge and the right tools and some network too ..... so is ur diploma and other things u learn as u grow,, cheerss bro...
@teekay12: ALl the very best bro.... will be glad to help if u need more info...... cheers

Thank you very much. smiley
Re: How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! by davspog2(m): 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2015
080football:
bro lke how much wld it cost to run the basic course?
Re: How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! by 080football(m): 3:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
We will check current fees and ask credible sources then share whatever we find... cheers ..
Re: How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 25, 2016

Go play Football Manager and u will av automatic qualifications without all these program bla.. bla...
Just become an addict and see the effect. U can thank me later

#FM_Addict

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! by Fuzoma(m): 1:09pm On Jun 28, 2021
080football:
We will check current fees and ask credible sources then share whatever we find... cheers ..
Hi, I come from the Future. Did you find out the price of the basic fee requirement. I pray you see this post soon in Jesus name �
Re: How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! by Fuzoma(m): 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2021
mauriemaxwell:
By the will and power of God.i will be the next mourinho
Hello fellow coach aspirer. Did you start the process, I am seeing this page 6yrs later

(1) (Reply)

'I Want Argentina' - Neymar, As Brazil Goes Through To 2021 Copa América Final / Cristiano Ronaldo Pens Emotional Message As He Celebrates His 36th Birthday / Qatar 2022: Karim Benzema Is Out Of The World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.