Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,814 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? (42794 Views)

When You Use Your Friend To Test Your Boyfriend & They Are Now Getting Married / My Boyfriend Introduced Me To Nairaland,how Do I Thank Him? / At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 7:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
I met my boyfriend's dad for the first time last week and he introduced me as a 'friend' to his dad. I later asked him why he introduced me as a friend just to clarify things and know if am just a 'friend' to him and he told me his dad understands what he meant even tho he referred to me as a friend, and I think he was right cos his dad was dotting on me after meeting me, he even told my boyfriend he likes me.

Should I still be worried or am just bothering myself for no reason.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by idu1(m): 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2015
U should not worry.

The dad understand and i think that's the best way to introduce you. To show some 'discipline' before his dad....

247 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by agarawu23(m): 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2015
he told me his dad understands what he meant even tho he referred to me as a friend

don't be bothered, its just a sign of respect for his dad

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Jelo4kul(m): 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2015
If i stone you eba from here you go dey happy by force. So you want make him describe you as girlfriend make him popsy disown am. If to say na fiancee i for understand.

167 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 7:19pm On Jun 17, 2015
Jelo4kul:
If i stone you eba from here you go dey happy by force. So you me
Abeg stone me the eba, I dey hungry grin

157 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by mdbissalla(m): 7:19pm On Jun 17, 2015
u dont need to be worried. the father knows his son & he understood wat his son mean. for the fact he introduce u to him, d father knows Xup

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 17, 2015
But that's what you are. Did you expect to be called girlfriend which sounds immoral to parents or fiancée when his dad hasn't given final approval? You should be happy that he took you home which is the beginning of things to come

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by MizTyna(f): 7:27pm On Jun 17, 2015
How old is he? That's a very big factor

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Princecalm(m): 7:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
these are my questions for you 1.has he been truthful to you on a general note and you can give him a bit of your trust?.
2. Does other family members apart from the dad recognises the relationship.
3. With your deductive reasoning, do you see the relationship leading to marriage?. If your answers to all those questions are yes then you have no cause to fear.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Slimzjoe(m): 7:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
You should be happy you've gotten to the stage of meeting his Dad

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Tallesty1(m): 7:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
You are worried already

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by GeneralQuamdeen: 7:52pm On Jun 17, 2015
When did i show you to my dad?

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Cutehector(m): 7:55pm On Jun 17, 2015
So him carry u meet dad, u no happy, u want mk him tell am say u be him wife abi...

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Charles4075(m): 8:01pm On Jun 17, 2015
My dear, no need to worry yourself. But don't be too sure that you've registered yourself in his life just because he introduced you to his dad. Believe me my dear, more packages are yet to be unwrapped. From experience

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 9:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
When did i show you to my dad?
tongue cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by sneak3(m): 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2015
missKiffy:
I met my boyfriend's dad for the first time last week and he introduced me as a 'friend' to his dad. I later asked him why he introduced me as a friend just to clarify things and know if am just a 'friend' to him and he told me his dad understands what he meant even tho he referred to me as a friend, and I think he was right cos his dad was dotting on me after meeting me, he even told my boyfriend he likes me.

Be worried my sister.. for out of the abundance of d hrt d mouth speaketh..

But like seriously wil u rather have him introduce u as his babe/gf/wife? Ase otie gbon pupo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 10:01pm On Jun 17, 2015
sneak3:

Be worried my sister.. for out of the abundance of d hrt d mouth speaketh..

But like seriously wil u rather have him introduce u as his babe/gf/wife? Ase otie gbon pupo
Iwo ni o ghon

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by 400billionman: 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2015
missKiffy:

Are you just silly or plain stu.pid ?

Should he have introduced you as his WIFE ?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 10:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
400billionman:

Are you just silly or plain stu.pid ?

Should he have have introduced you as his WIFE ?
So to make your point now, you must insult

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by 400billionman: 10:07pm On Jun 17, 2015
missKiffy:

So to make your point now, you must insult

You have created a topic anyway.

Stop posing as a fornicator.

You need JESUS.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by demmy0325(m): 10:09pm On Jun 17, 2015
He is taking tins slowly.. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by demmy0325(m): 10:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
Jelo4kul:
If i stone you eba from here you go dey happy by force. So you want make him describe you as girlfriend make him popsy disown am. If to say na fiancee i for understand.
smh... The eba wey neva belle full U.. Na im U wan stone person.. undecided

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by jamesbridget13(f): 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2015
just take it slow. diff stroke for diff persons. na d end na matter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by koligs: 10:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
Should I still be worried or am just bothering myself for no reason.[/quote]

YOU DON'T NEED TO BE WORRIED, JUST SIDON AND ENJOY FOR NO REASON.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by asscb(f): 10:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
better be worried grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by bennydaniel878: 10:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
Eyah............ Sorry..
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by UnknownT: 10:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
Since the dad likes you, you can spite/revenge your boyfriend by becoming his step mother grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
HIAN!!!

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by eleko1: 10:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
undecided how old are both of U?U dnt expect somebody who's still spoon feed/living under the roof of his parent/a 20 yrs old undergraduate to introduced u to his(Soldier'if he's one/any')paPa as girlfriend.U want the old man to insult/embrass U(Ehn! so nah u nor allow my pikin to serious/kal u gold digger).Madam,listen up.Dnt get belle for him now ooo/play rough.if u dare get preggy now,U are OYO ooo cos the old man will say Shebi U are friend.Shine ur eyes make Papa and bomboy nor take U play ludo/squash(apology to late Yah Adua) game

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by biggybanty7(m): 10:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
Na u knw who u help

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Tomjazzy2: 10:55pm On Jun 17, 2015
He was being diplomatic girl friend. He hasnt engaged you has he?

Some guys do so because they feel using the word "girl friend" when introducing their girl to their parents is a bit dis-respectful (dont ask me how using the word girlfriend could come across as being dis-respectful, because i cant even say).

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Blessing Bili: Lady To Marry Man She Asked Out On Facebook Page / Lady Locks Boyfriend Out Of Home For Cheating On Her With Her Sister In Dream / Pre-wedding Photoshoot Of My Guy Hit Or Miss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.