Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings (30604 Views)

Denmark Latest European Country To Ban Islamic Face Veils / German Bans Islamic Religion. / Bomb Blasts At Police Headquarters In Chad Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by vedaxcool(m): 10:22am On Jun 18, 2015
otr1:

[b]The person you quote is also talking about face veil [/b]being used by prostitutes in the Bible. Funny enough, Prostitutes use it in the North too. More disturbing is the fact that female students attending islamic schools in the North are using it. What's stoping BH from using it to blow up people in crowded areas? Nothing.

The person should be allowed to make the clarification himself
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 18, 2015
To be sincere hijab serves no purpose

What are they covering?

Sins or dirt?

Moderate dress that does not expose your breast & buttocks is in order for all purposes & intents.

Anything beyond that is with evil intents

2 Likes

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by francizy(m): 10:28am On Jun 18, 2015
Aminat508:
Abi niqqub is different from hijab, embarassed

Oi! Why you no wear yah own?! angry

I will ban you from posting on here till you wear nigga, abi na knee cap, sorry niqqub.. tongue

1 Like

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by pure2012soul(m): 10:29am On Jun 18, 2015
Onyejiuwaokoh:
Hijabs were being used by prostitutes in old testament to conceal their identities. It is very unfortunate that those who copy everything seen or written to augment their religion practices but do not know the reasons behind those ideologies. Hihab does not signify women purity but it is just a clear booby trap.
Seconded !!!

2 Likes

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Aminat508(f): 10:29am On Jun 18, 2015
francizy:

Oi! Why you no wear yah own?! angry

I will ban you from posting on here till you wear nigga, abi na knee cap, sorry niqqub.. tongue
lmao, o serious kankan.... cry cry
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by IBATTRAVELS: 10:31am On Jun 18, 2015
OPINION: Well I don't think there will be much uproar in Nigeria if we attempt to implement same. Reason being that, in Islam, full veil hijjab which involves covering of the hand and face is not totally supported by the scriptures and I can back this up by the work of the know scholar, Sheik Muhammad Nasirudeen Albani (Sheik of Islam). You may want to read some of the sheik's work on hijjab for enlightenment. Ramadan Kareem.
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Defcon1(m): 10:32am On Jun 18, 2015
donsax:

The Chadian has like 90% muslim population and still implement the law successfully....why can't Nigeria?

Chad is not Nigeria.

In Nigeria most people will NEVER allow national progress because of ethnic, religious, political & ideological sentiments, as well as selfish interests.

This country is extremely averse to change because of everything l listed above.

2 Likes

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 18, 2015
good move...

1 Like

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by BLOTRS: 10:33am On Jun 18, 2015
God almighty, touch the lives of our leaders and people so that they can emulate this change. face veil is disgusting.

2 Likes

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by ade95: 10:34am On Jun 18, 2015
Banning of veil, might facial veil might prove to b effective...veil is said to b d Arab culture while hijab is Islamic...politics has embedded in religion from the previous post I read..most people do not like pmb DAT their main reason...principally hijab is to cover the hair..now some one highlighted the rev sis. Covering with hijab so to say...only one person responded to that point..that shows theirs division with respect to that aspect of Christianity...pls who has seen Adeboye's wife without her hair covered? Islam is unified..we all agree to covering of hair while some Christians do and others do not..Finally in the. Holy Quran. Almighty Allah (SWT) in one of the surahs said " their shall be no compulsion in Religion" so bokoharam forcing an Islamic state is not Islamic....

2 Likes

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by yusluv4(m): 10:35am On Jun 18, 2015
barka lahu fi....
sofat:

Hijab is part of the code of dressing of a muslim woman as enacted by the holy quran, and it's a symbol of virture for them. The purpose of hijab is to protect the modesty of a muslim woman and screened them away from opposite sex. Hijab does not just protect the women from lustful sight of men but to also prevent widespread of immorality in the society. It is just a pity that these days some unscrupulous element in the society are using against the religion.
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 18, 2015
Dnarvaez:

Ya. Gladly. There's a possibility of your head been severed and your remains fed to vultures.

LOL

My friend is scared shitless wink
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by yusluv4(m): 10:37am On Jun 18, 2015
May Allah reward u for ur point... we human see the truth and run away from it
ade95:
Banning of veil, might facial veil might prove to b effective...veil is said to b d Arab culture while hijab is Islamic...politics has embedded in religion from the previous post I read..most people do not like pmb DAT their main reason...principally hijab is to cover the hair..now some one highlighted the rev sis. Covering with hijab so to say...only one person responded to that point..that shows theirs division with respect to that aspect of Christianity...pls who has seen Adeboye's wife without her hair covered? Islam is unified..we all agree to covering of hair while some Christians do and others do not..Finally in the. Holy Quran. Almighty Allah (SWT) in one of the surahs said " their shall be no compulsion in Religion" so bokoharam forcing an Islamic state is not Islamic....
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 18, 2015
Insidous:

LOL

My friend is scared shitless wink
Are you indirectly pleading for mercy? I could make you die quicky or slowly, whichever way thou chooses.
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by yusluv4(m): 10:45am On Jun 18, 2015
salaam alaikum waramotulahi wabarakatu.... mind what u say cos every thing u say now, type, or do "will be use against in u in the court of law". thats the courst of earth, think about that of the judgement day... mind what u say (mouth), may what u look (eye), mind with do with ur hands and leg cos Allah will surely ask... religion is not compulsory.
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 18, 2015
Insidous:

Of course it is smiley
Ramadan Kareem

Ramadan kareem! smiley

This is not your face, is it? You owned a face, a visage. What title did have your face? Tell me.

Tell me the tale behind this lucid nom de guerre.
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 18, 2015
yusluv4:
May Allah reward u for ur point... we human see the truth and run away from it
Mister, humour me. Hahahahaha... LMFAO! ROTFL! LWKMD! Ewo!:-D
How can a stone (an inanimate object), that doesn't see, breath, feel, communicate etc. Reward a person.
Please don't present yourself as a laughing stock.

1 Like

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 18, 2015
laykorn:

Ramadan kareem! smiley

This is not your face, is it? You owned a face, a visage. What title did have you're face? Tell me.

Tell me the tale behind this obvious nom de guerre. grin

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:49am On Jun 18, 2015
jesussaves22:
You must be arrested by christ jesus. Because he is the reason why you are alife to type this rubbish. Your case must be like saul. Jesus christ rules forever

is christ Jesus a policeman?
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 18, 2015
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 18, 2015
laykorn:

Oh my God! This the lady that made do what I'd rather not do. cheesy

Pele embarassed tongue
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by lyntiffany(f): 10:54am On Jun 18, 2015
vedaxcool:

undecided nothing is more disturbing than when someone speak ignorantly with so much certainty. Mary often pictured wearing a hijab or over garment.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veil

Unfortunately many posters here cannot differentiate between Niqab and hijab nor even know what hijab is.
where you there during the time of Mary?
was any description given on her account on how she wears her attire?

the one he made mention of is in the old testament and the description was given,
may I remind you that rehab the prostitute made use of facial veil too.

1 Like

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by M4gunners: 11:03am On Jun 18, 2015
guttentag:

baba no be copy copy like boy Jona
Him no be copy copy why him dey travel everyday to get help from the same people?

1 Like

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by slimfit1(m): 11:08am On Jun 18, 2015
GreatEngineer:

Why are you comparing removing the hijab veil from the covering of face to everyone going on bra and singlet and short?

Don't tell me you are a fanatic.

Do you really like the way people are dying, wouldn't you support anything that will reduce this killing for the mean time?

If you are wearing these things i can avoid you at least we can see the gadget coming prevention is better than cure.

1 Like

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by vedaxcool(m): 11:09am On Jun 18, 2015
lyntiffany:
where you there during the time of Mary?
was any description given on her account on how she wears her attire?

the one he made mention of is in the old testament and the description was given,
may I remind you that rehab the prostitute made use of facial veil too.

you guys can keep repeating your prostitute remark till the day a snail climbs mount Everest, may ask you whether you were there when when rehab used a facial veil to know how it looked? The face could as well look something like this:

[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ad/Image_FrancesPerkinsAfterRooseveltsDeath.jpg
[/img]

Among Christian churches which have a liturgical tradition, several different types of veils are used. These veils are often symbolically tied to the veils in the Tabernacle in the wilderness and in Solomon's Temple. The purpose of these veils was not so much to obscure as to shield the most sacred things from the eyes of sinful men. In Solomon's Temple the veil was placed between the "Inner Sanctuary" and the "Holy of Holies". This veil was torn when Jesus Christ died on the cross. This symbolizes that now any man may enter the "Holy of Holies" and commune with God without the separation of sin.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veil

smiley

1 Like

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Salym(m): 11:11am On Jun 18, 2015
cy4cent:
If it were in Nigeria, you would have seen n heard different versions of Islamic rights .
That was how they started shouting online , that PMB shook hands with Iara Oshiomhole.

when the king of Saudi Arabia , shook hands with Michelle ,heavens did not fall.

Are they more Islamic than Saudi Arabians? we should do away with over zealous religious fanaticism n stop being stereotypes.

Are Muslims worshipping Saudi Arabians or Allah (SWT)? Who told you the King of Saudi Arabia is more religious than any other Muslim? Do you worship the Italians or are they more religious than you are? Mull over these questions then go back and read what you posted, you will surely see how dumb you sound.
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by yusluv4(m): 11:13am On Jun 18, 2015
All man for himself
Dnarvaez:

Mister, humour me. Hahahahaha... LMFAO! ROTFL! LWKMD! Ewo!:-D
How can a stone (an inanimate object), that doesn't see, breath, feel, communicate etc. Reward a person.
Please don't present yourself as a laughing stock.
Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Mariojane(f): 11:14am On Jun 18, 2015
jamex089:
All I can say is "the bad has spoilt the good"
Pots calling kettles black.
are you the pot or the kettle? grin

1 Like

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Kazrem(m): 11:14am On Jun 18, 2015
Aminat508:
OK @ Op

But,
Niqab and hijab are two different kinds of clothing that are available to Islamic women. A niqab or ruband is a part of the sartorial hijab and covers only the face. It is a form of a veil that covers the face including the ears and the hair. A hijab or hejab actually refers to the rules of covering up. However, in the usual everyday context, the word is used to refer to a veil which covers the head.

D first pics is Niqub
D 2nd is Hijab

With your knowledge about this why don't you at least cover your hair? Or aren't you in the pic?

1 Like

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by petermichaels(m): 11:16am On Jun 18, 2015
Dis is taking action immediately. Unlike Nigerians taking action neva at all.

2 Likes

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Emnyte(m): 11:19am On Jun 18, 2015
oluwwasheun:
This is a clear violation of women's right. They have the same right that most of you criticizing them enjoy. If this so called Islamic terrorists disguised wearing suits or Agbada, will the govt ban those dressinga? Banning Niqab will in no way stop the terrorism. The government only deny some people their constitutional right.
Common sense is not common. we are talking of security, you are talking of right. Besides, agbada does not cover the face.

2 Likes

Re: Chad Bans Islamic Face Veil After Suicide Bombings by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 18, 2015
yusluv4:
All man for himself
Bro, I love all muslims, unlike you guys that slaughter humans like chickens. If only you know how enormous, the pity i feel for you folks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

US, allies ask citizens to leave Ukraine at once, amid a possible Russia attack / Liberia's New President Faints, Rushed Off Podium During Inauguration (Vid) / Mugabe Refuses To Relinquish Power, Says Until He Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.