Stats: 3,150,134 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N (51500 Views)

Highest Paid Musicians In Nigeria In 2016 - T.I.N Magazine / Ten Most Influential Women In Nigeria 2016 - By T.I.N Magazine / Top Ten Richest People In Nigeria 2015 And Net Worth - T.I.N (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by putin3: 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2015
Is a lie dbanji career is over since last yr
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by nerodenero: 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2015
At her prime, Onyeka Owenu would top that list. She is in the past now. How many people talk about her now? The fact that your local rappers are not on that list doesn't mean the list isn't credible. To some people, Shekau has influenced them and a mentor too while we know he is a beast. The same way I feel your local rappers are not as influential as Banky. It is choice, your choice might not be my choice.
adonbilivit:
achievements don't necessarily make you influential. some of the people on the list are washed up. so Onyeka Owenu is not more influential than some of these cats?
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:45pm On Jun 20, 2015

Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Amazo: 1:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
chamboy:
Dbanj is the Only Nigerian Artist on Billboard.
Do you know, What is Billboard?

Dbanj has been rubbing shoulders with the powers that be both locally and globally, yet some myopic buffoons think he's not influential. He's very popular across the globe too, and one time I was in a back-side South American country, my wealthy white Latino neighbor was dancing in the field to Oliver Twist, literally blasting the music through the expanse of his 2 acre mansion. I was really surprised because up till that point, I didn't know Dbanj's music had gone that far, thought it was just in the UK and America he had audience and mainly amongst blacks with African ties. I'm not a fan of his style of music, and really don't like his songs, except maybe 'Top of the World', but Dbanj really has it made and he is a bona-fide superstar musician.

Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by chamboy(m): 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
Amazo:

Dbanj has been rubbing shoulders with the powers that be both locally and globally, yet some myopic buffoons think he's not influential. He's very popular across the globe too, and one time I was in a back-side South American country, my wealthy white Latino neighbor was dancing in the field to Oliver Twist, literally blasting the music through the expanse of his 2 acre mansion. I was really surprised because up till that point, I didn't know Dbanj's music had gone that far, thought it was just in the UK and America he had audience and mainly amongst blacks with African ties. I'm not a fan of his style of music, and really don't like his songs, except maybe 'Top of the World', but Dbanj really has it made and he is a bona-fide superstar musician.
u would like Extraordinary den

Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Amazo: 1:50pm On Jun 20, 2015
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Ihuomadinihu: 1:50pm On Jun 20, 2015
Phyno and Don Jazzy should be up there. How did they collect their data sef?
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Amazo: 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
chamboy:
u would like Extraordinary den

I haven't heard it before. Maybe i'll check it out later
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Amazo: 1:55pm On Jun 20, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
Phyno and Don Jazzy should be up there. How did they collect their data sef?

Don Jazzy isn't a singer.
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Kalemba1: 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2015
RedCard1:
The only way Wizkid and Davido influences me is that they make me believe I can make money at my young age. Tiwa Savage can't sing and that is final. D'banj can't sing too and he's no1? If D'banj must make the list then, you have to extend it to 40 and place him at the bottom. 2face is overrated, same with Banky W. Asa should be no1 cos she's the best. Flavour should be placed higher on the list cos the guy can sing.
. You be mumu

Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by unite4real: 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2015
Where is Don Jazzy
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by masseratti: 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2015
Crap the most influential is Kwam1
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by princeade86(m): 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2015
RedCard1:
The only way Wizkid and Davido influences me is that they make me believe I can make money at my young age. Tiwa Savage can't sing and that is final. D'banj can't sing too and he's no1? If D'banj must make the list then, you have to extend it to 40 and place him at the bottom. 2face is overrated, same with Banky W. Asa should be no1 cos she's the best. Flavour should be placed higher on the list cos the guy can sing.
sori to say, is like u took ogogoro. Are u telling me dat flavor is more talented dan 2face? Stop if it is joke, becos he dnt even move closer to 2face in any way. To talk of there song, their personality or even there influence. Check the writeup very well, u will see it by urself. Try to knw music pls.

Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Ihuomadinihu: 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2015
Amazo:

Don Jazzy isn't a singer.
He sings and produces.
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Ihuomadinihu: 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
In terms of influence,i would pick Phyno,Davido,Flavour, Patoranking,Chidinma,Tiwa Savage,Asa,Tuface,Olamide,Psquare, Wizkid. The rest of them don't make sense as far as Influence is concerned.
We are talking about INFLUENCE- people that are able to influence or have influenced Nigerians in terms of Swag, Unique Packaging/Brand, Charisma, Style, Street Jargons, Personality and are able to quickly reach out to others. Don Jazzy is not a full time singer but more influential than most people on that biased list. He has attained what they call Cult status in the Western world.

DBanj and Lagbaja were also very influential at their peak but this is 2015.
Timaya,Inyanya and Duncan Mighty are honourable mentions.
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by hotgunz(m): 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2015
opihul:
How dare you add Dbanj
not only add make that oga Titus number 1
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by opeyemi361: 2:21pm On Jun 20, 2015
Please, what about Lagbaja?
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Uchefrancis16(m): 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2015
Interesting! But 2baba deserves a sit amongst the first 3 bro
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by litetias(m): 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
iphanyiuma:
how many people them don help for this life

Who dem help
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by clemmonce(m): 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2015
Codedrock:

You are talking about the best singers here.. the list is talking about the influence they have in the industry and Nigeria as a whole.

always read before you start talking.
oga pack well...... he is correct..... Asa is very influential...... P Square and Flavour are influential
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by litetias(m): 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2015
Amazo:

Don't get it twisted. We all know Oliver Twist was an international hit but that's the end of it. Those songs you just play them without caring who the performer is. Just like Gagnam Style some years back but one international hit does not make a bona-fide superstar musician. Ask Psy.

Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by safarigirl(f): 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
chamboy:
d way u putting it is different, when dey say influence it's not just about Being a local Champion...

What is JayZ singing presently or Kanye or Dre, Diddy, Snoop.. Birdman

Kendrick, Big Sean wizkhalifa does guys r beta Hit Rappers. But when u mention Influential Rap Artist... u Der not put those niggas in ToP10
they mean 'local champions'....like I said emphasis is 'IN' Nigeria. So anyone who isn't influential in Nigeria doesn't count

And the topic says 'in 2015'
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Revolva(m): 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
In terms of influence,i would pick donjazzy tuface n psquare
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by chamboy(m): 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
safarigirl:
they mean 'local champions'....like I said emphasis is 'IN' Nigeria. So anyone who isn't influential in Nigeria doesn't count
sure, buh u shoukd know dis news speaks volume, its not only for nigerians
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Hackomania(m): 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
Dear OP,

This information is two years old, and thus has lost its authenticity. Please verify before posting such.

Warm regards,
KCE
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by watchindelta(m): 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2015
yeye
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by phransix147(m): 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2015
adonbilivit:
no phyno and olamide? u now put wizkid and Davido at the bottom? I disagree. here is my list and its based on their ability to sell out shows when they headline them now. D'banj fit gather crowd now? Even D'banj would laugh when he sees his name on the list.
1.Davido
2.Don Jazzy
3.Wizkid
4. Olamide
5. Phyno
6.psquare
7. flavour
8. Tiwa savage
9. Kiss Daniels
10. Korede Bello/Reekado Banks
N.B: olamide and phyno are rappers cum singers

No 2Face on ur list... Its thrash then!
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2015
unite4real:
Where is Don Jazzy
is Don jazzy a singer? How many personal singles or albums does he have?

Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 20, 2015
adonbilivit:
no phyno and olamide? u now put wizkid and Davido at the bottom? I disagree. here is my list and its based on their ability to sell out shows when they headline them now. D'banj fit gather crowd now? Even D'banj would laugh when he sees his name on the list.
1.Davido
2.Don Jazzy
3.Wizkid
4. Olamide
5. Phyno
6.psquare
7. flavour
8. Tiwa savage
9. Kiss Daniels
10. Korede Bello/Reekado Banks
N.B: olamide and phyno are rappers cum singers
dey say singers, which means rappers are excluded...
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by VanOmiyale: 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
Most influential in 2015 when we are still in the middle of 2015? What a joke of an award.
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by nexusconnect: 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
Celebrity nude photos and sextape click on this link http://writinghood.com/writing/relationships-and-
dating/
Re: Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2015
safarigirl:
when illiterates call others illiterates.

The key word in that topic are IN Nigeria. D'banj is hardly relevant in Nigeria currently talk less influential.

Can D'banj pull a crowd? Has he featured on any hit song of late? If na by that one sef nna Davido suppose carry number 1. One mumu go just wake up make list one day and fellow mumus go collect am. Any eediot can make a list.

Anyway, you're a D'banj fan boy so you lack reason where it involves him
Hey ugly woman,this is not about Hit song,dont be a dumbo, u are getting older. They are talking about influence here,even world bank president know it is Dbanj.

This is what we are saying, Read this:

On 23 June 2012, D'banj performed at the Hackney
Weekend to celebrate the 2012 Summer Olympics, which
was headlined by Jay-Z and Rihanna. He performed
alongside his friend, and fellow Universal Music Group
label mate, Rita Ora on 30 August 2012 at the SCALA
London Live Music, Clubs and Arts Venue to celebrate the
release of her debut album Ora. He also performed at the
AFCON 2013 closing ceremony held in South Africa.On 18
April 2015 ,D'banj perfromed at the Global citizen earth
day a Free Concert on Capitol Hill (Washington
Monument Grounds) for the 45th Anniversary of Earth
Day put on by Global Poverty Project and the Earth Day
Network.
With D'banj's first album came his first endorsement from
an energy drink called Power Fist.In May 2013, D'banj
was named the Bank of Industry (BOI) ambassador. In
November 2013, D'banj re-signed a multi-million Naira
deal with Globacom, the company he parted ways with in
2010. In October 2014, D'banj was named the official
African ambassador for Beats by Dre. In February 2015,
D'banj was named the official African ambassador for
Ciroc Nigeria.
D'banj is the founder of Koko Foundation for Youth and
Peace Development. He is also Nigeria's first United
Nations Youth Ambassador for Peace. Dbanj is a ONE
campaign ambassador; he released the song "Cocoa Na
Chocolate" in support of agriculture investments.'Cocoa
Na Chocolate' featured 18 other African artists and won
Best African Collaboration at the All Africa Music Awards
in 2014.
In 2015, he was applauded by World Bank Chief, Jim
Yong Kim for using his music power and high celebrity
status to bringing attention to serious and critical issues
in Africa with special focus on agriculture and poverty
alleviation.
D'BANJ can be said to be the most recognized Nigerian
and African Artist all over the world. He's got quite some
relationship with big international artists majorly
American artists and others.
He's been looked up to by many young lads in music
industry.

NB: This is what we are talking about here not hit song or number of collaborations. Dbanj is the most influential musician in Nigeria. Moreso,the list was formed by a magazine nt the OP,so u ppl should leave d op out of this.

Kaffy Goes Clubbing In Sexy Outfit, Flaunts Her Six Packs (photos) / Rita Edochie At Her Traditional & White Wedding In 1988 & 1990(Throwback Photos) / Singer, Mayokun Takes His Brand New GLA 250 AMC Benz On A Date At Ikoyi Bridge

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49