Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. (13826 Views)

Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by omaji53jeremiah: 10:28am On Jun 18, 2015
welcome development.
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 18, 2015
Thanks to Prof Nnaji

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 18, 2015
Cool
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by zimoni(f): 10:31am On Jun 18, 2015
Good one.

Wish him well.

Mine is loading.
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 18, 2015
omasiagu:
As far as it is sited in Abia state, no problem!

nwa aba. what if Buha'Li' carry the project go Tinubu village? grin grin grin grin igbo man is always selfish.
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by Ramnon2: 10:36am On Jun 18, 2015
PDPwayoo:

nwa aba. what if Buha'Li' carry the project go Tinubu village? grin grin grin grin igbo man is always selfish.

Olodo, this is a private, not govt project. Buhati has no such powers

2 Likes

Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:37am On Jun 18, 2015
PDPwayoo:

what did you mean by that comment ? So you want him to site it in your southwest so that tomorrow you guys will start to threatening him abi? If I may as how many yoruba man has investment in igboland?

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by CSTR2: 10:37am On Jun 18, 2015
Given the huge power needs in Nigeria, there is no reason why barth nnaji cannot become the next "dangote" in the energy industry.
He just need to play his card well.

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 18, 2015
Ramnon2:

Olodo, this is a private, not govt project. Buhati has no such powers

i dey joke ooo, no vex. u know say una too like that name buha'LI'
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by Balkan(m): 10:39am On Jun 18, 2015
PDPwayoo:

nuclear power plant is what Tinubu and South West require.

Tell your president we don't need nuclear reactors anywhere near SS/SE.

2 Likes

Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by AREWAINC(m): 10:42am On Jun 18, 2015
'RAMADAN KAREEM' TO ALL OUR MUSLIM CUSTOMERS....Alright we really appreciate... Those that have been giving us a call..... We really appreciate you once again. We like to tell you our hair price are still the same...... we serve with only quality product not fake..... From #Arewahairinc... Call to make your............Order, 08074854328 or whatapps Us on the same Number..... You could also ping us.. 292DA7FC.... To see the pics of what we have go to fb.com/Arewahairinc
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by IGBOSON1: 10:44am On Jun 18, 2015
abagoro:

What useful thing did we get in GEJ's admin?

Wither Enugu uncompleted Airport, 2nd Niger bridge, Enugu-PH expressway, Enugu-Onitsha expressway, PH-Owerri expressway? You guys need to face reality and beg Buhari to do what Jonathan could not instead of pretending like it was well under Jonathan.

^^^Beg Buhari keh! Till tomorrow i'll prefer one GEJ over a thousand Buharis!

Your problem is that you never see the bigger picture and take everything at face value! I'm not gonna say GEJ was perfect or that he met my expectations regarding developments in Alaigbo.....but i know exactly what was done to frustrate his gov't, and i'm almost certain that if he had won a second term he would have concentrated more on the South East!

2 Likes

Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by UncleJudax(m): 10:52am On Jun 18, 2015
If about 1000MW would cost just $800m, why would anybody be canvassing for Nuclear power stations at the rate of $20b/2400MW?

It is ok.
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by IGBOSON1: 10:53am On Jun 18, 2015
CSTR2:
Given the huge power needs in Nigeria, there is no reason why barth nnaji cannot become the next "dangote" in the energy industry.

^^^Trust me when i say HE CAN'T! When i tell you it's been configured that an Igbo man cannot raise above a certain level or people, you think i'm joking! Maybe if GEJ was still President it may have been possible, but not now!

We can never be allowed to reach our full potential whilst remaining in Nigeria.....or with the present status-quo still obtaining!

2 Likes

Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 18, 2015
okay...
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by ceejay80s(m): 10:57am On Jun 18, 2015
So make I siddon dey wait till 2019 before I go get light abi? Nonsense!!!!!!!
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by nwadiuko1(m): 11:00am On Jun 18, 2015
AfricanGod2:
He should take it to Anambra or Enugu. Abia has shown by the people they've voted into power that they're not ready for development. The 141mw plant he already built the useless Abia government can't help him get it started.
u just can't divide us.....weda na abia imo enugu anambra or ebonyi diaz no problem

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by pring: 11:01am On Jun 18, 2015
Buhari is working

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by adexolu: 11:05am On Jun 18, 2015
Ab
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by ocelot2006(m): 11:39am On Jun 18, 2015
Disclaimer:
FG are quick to building and installing power plant but lack capacity to maintain It. Adequate maintenance is required to keep it efficient.

Until we shun the idea of assigning the duty of a technocrats to family members, change will only "yinmu" at us.

Geometric is a PRIVATE-OWNED COMPANY not public owned by the FG.

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by giles14(m): 11:40am On Jun 18, 2015
abagoro:

Abia has more need for power than other Southeast States at least for now and we all know it was Emeka Offor aided by Jonathan and his friends that stopped the power plant for tribalistic reasons. Thank God Buhari is now President. The plant will work and Nnaji will recover his lost billions.

Very wicked and jealous set of people. More power plants will be functional across Nigeria and power will really improve instead of the paper lies we are used to.
see ur mouth have u gone to Onitsha and nnewi in anambra state.u ar saying abia need it more apart from aba were again need huge power supply. but wen u com to anambra u have Onitsha n nnewi u have a bigger market.1 of innosons plant alone pay electricity bill of 70m+ not to talk of other industries .and den u com to d issue of population .anambra has more need for power Dan abia.
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by EMANY01(m): 11:41am On Jun 18, 2015
CSTR2:

Believe me if he plays it right, he will make Dangote look like a pauper.Imagine being a majority supplier of power to a population of 170 million people.In ten years if he continues on this trajectory , he will be far bigger than Dangote .

He is well positioned for it when you consider , the timing in our National evolution,market need,his pedigree,and market/public perception or should i say goodwill.

Energy is something that politics can't restrain, not for long anyway, if he builds a number of 1000+ MW plants all over the SS , SE (thats where the fuel is:gas , coal ) and then perhaps Kogi state (coal) with these new partnerships and relationships he is building with GE,and other power majors the next decade will be transformational .
Power (electricity) has always had the potential to be a bigger business than petroleum(baring petroleum exports).
I will be watching his progress keenly.

3 Likes

Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by ocelot2006(m): 11:44am On Jun 18, 2015
nonxo007:
Is siting the plant in Abia a good idea?? Abia state is a little far from being developed, and no one knows if it's in their agenda to develop sef. On a second thought it could also help bring the much awaited development Abian are waiting for...who know?

Well, in my opinion, I think it's a great idea. The close proximity to Rivers means access to gas supply to fire up the station may be cheaper. And the large commercial hub in Aba +neighbouring states services by PHEDC stand a chance to gain from this station.
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by ocelot2006(m): 11:46am On Jun 18, 2015
pring:
Buhari is working

What has Buhari done till date?
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by samopeyemi: 11:46am On Jun 18, 2015
Nigeria's Geometric Power will build a 1,080 megawatt power plant jointly with General Electric , with the first phase of the project generating 500
MW expected to be completed in 2019 at a
cost of $800 million.

A welcome development. But with d 500MW getting completed in 4years time, i dont think we should be expecting constant electricity anytime soon, cos God knows how many MW we need; maybe 20,000.
However, with more private participation and a number of project going on simultanously plus rehabilitation of existing plants, maybe in 10years time we will get dir.
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by amanze15(m): 11:48am On Jun 18, 2015
Prof barth nnaji...I doff my hat for U
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by samopeyemi: 11:52am On Jun 18, 2015
Nigeria's Geometric Power will build a 1,080 megawatt power plant jointly with General Electric , with the first phase of the project generating 500
MW expected to be completed in 2019 at a cost of $800 million.

A welcome development. But with d 500MW getting completed in 4years time, i dont think we should be expecting constant electricity anytime soon, cos God knows how many MW we need; maybe 20,000.
However, with more private participation and a number of project going on simultaneously plus rehabilitation of existing plants, maybe in 10years time we will get dir.
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by EMANY01(m): 11:56am On Jun 18, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Beg Buhari keh! Till tomorrow i'll prefer one GEJ over a thousand Buharis!
Your problem is that you never see the bigger picture and take everything at face value! I'm not gonna say GEJ was perfect or that he met my expectations regarding developments in Alaigbo.....but i know exactly what was done to frustrate his gov't, and i'm almost certain that if he had won a second term he would have concentrated more on the South East!

True talk. Nice to know not everyone is sold to lies and that some people actually know what really happened.

IGBOSON1:

^^^Trust me when i say HE CAN'T! When i tell you it's been configured that an Igbo man cannot raise above a certain level or people, you think i'm joking! Maybe if GEJ was still President it may have been possible, but not now!

We can never be allowed to reach our full potential whilst remaining in Nigeria.....or with the present status-quo still obtaining!

YOU ARE WRONG.
"WE" will reach our potential in Nigeria too not because "WE" were "allowed" but because "WE" answered the call of our destiny to rise in spite of the obstacles.Nobody has ever "given" the igbo man anything in nigeria and no one will but igbo men have made it to the highest levels of achievement in this country.
NOBODY GAVE IT TO THEM.

How can you be so right and so wrong at the same time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by sunnyflakes(m): 11:59am On Jun 18, 2015
God bless former President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan. We can see your policies bearing fruit already. Just that Nigerians need sharp-sharp action.
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by matimaticle: 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
Why build a huge capacity power plant that we not be ready till 2019? Build small capacity plant that will be ready on time and put others in phases. We need immediate solution.
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
Disclaimer:
FG are quick to building and installing power plant but lack capacity to maintain It. Adequate maintenance is required to keep it efficient.

Until we shun the idea of assigning the duty of a technocrats to family members, change will only "yinmu" at us.

this is a private investment. have nothing to do with fg...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hot: Airtel Free Call Code Reloaded / The English Name For Bird Called Eye Odere Koko,....Ibo Name? / How Artificial Intelligence May End Up Ruining Our Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.