Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,963 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up (29614 Views)

Kachikwu Vs Baru: Heavy Security At NNPC Headquarters / Massive Shake Up In The Nigerian Army, 147 Officers Affected / Less Than 100days In Office(president Buhari's Massive Achievements). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by sunnedee: 8:17am On Jun 18, 2015
Till then. Let's wait and see
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by absoluteSuccess: 8:18am On Jun 18, 2015
The end shall justify the means.
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by kbams241: 8:19am On Jun 18, 2015
Fear of buhari is d end of corruption
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 18, 2015
The outsiders talk a lot while saying very little!
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by Setaje(f): 8:25am On Jun 18, 2015
Thank God oooooo. Anyway the problem wiv nnpc and most government parastatals is this same hausas. Many top management staff who are hausas read islamic religious knowledge. Have no administrative or engineering certificate. Don't ask me how I no. Many unqualified people are working in that nnpc. Many bottom power, Bad belle, Nepotism, and the biggest one which is fraud. It is so bad that if u refuse to do fraud, your colleagues will lie and write petitions against u just to move u out of the way. It's a terrible place. If u have God hold him well, if na babalawo, consult him well. It's not easy to work in government establishment.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 18, 2015
Nashoji:
what are they being anxious of? the old man from daura or west Germany and his mere commissioner cannot jail or probe anybody, if you doubt me, ask timipre sylva.

Is it the same Timipre Sylva that was just re-arraigned by the EFCC?

1 Like

Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by zeke100(m): 8:28am On Jun 18, 2015
engrfcuksmtin:
They`ve started seeing the tall man with broom chasing them around in their dream.
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by dtfg: 8:29am On Jun 18, 2015
Make dem go ooo, so that there would be space for the ongoing recruitment people to enter. I hope this whole charade would happen this year.

google1:
There seems to be some disquiet in the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) ahead of the imminent shake-up by the Muhammadu Buhari administration.

Legal Services and Company Secretary Ikechukwu Oguine has resigned, The Nation learnt yesterday.

Deputy Group Managing Director/ Group Executive Director (Finance and Account) Bernard Otti’s fate remained unclear last night, following his sudden trip abroad immediately after the inauguration of the President.

A source said he was away for medical reasons.

It was learnt that more officers may retire or voluntarily withdraw their services from NNPC to beat the imminent purge.

But an official said there was no cause for panic in the corporation.

Fears of a massive purge have gripped top managers of the NNPC, the Pipelines and Product Marketing Company (PPMC) and the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) over the controversial crude oil swap.

A source, who spoke in confidence, said: “Some top management staff of NNPC and its subsidiaries have opted to leave the system ahead of the likely reorganisation of the corporation by the President.

“Some of those affected include a few in high-profile offices, who were engaged by the immediate past Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, against the provisions of the NNPC Act.”

The source, who pleaded not to be named because of “the sensitivity” of the matter, did not name such “backdoor” employees.

He went on: “There are some professionals who also do not want their career rubbished by the looming shake-up of the sector by Buhari.

“The NNPC company secretary has resigned and he even paid three months salaries in lieu of notice. He said he wants to go back to his consultancy firm if he does not find the environment challenging.

“Actually, he gave himself a year target to take stock of things in NNPC and having been appointed on April 7, 2014, he decided to leave on personal grounds.”

Otti, according to some NNPC sources, took a sick leave; others merely said he had not been seen in office since Buhari was inaugurated as President.

Before the inauguration, there had been arguments on the legality of Otti’s appointment.

Another source said: “There had been unease in NNPC over Otti’s office. The appointment of a Deputy Group Managing Director is unknown to NNPC statute; it is illegal and whatever document or contract the man had signed as a holder of this office is untenable in law.

“The management staff have been having a sort of cold war because it is an aberration to combine the post of Group Executive Director, Finance and Account and the office of Deputy GMD.”

A source close to Otti said: “He went for medical check-up; he should be back on Thursday. But his job does not suffer because someone is acting for him.”

Some members of the management staff, who are believed to have been brought into the system through the backdoor, may leave before the proposed purge.

An official said: “More staff may go to beat Buhari to the game. They have also realised that they cannot fit into the system because they don’t have the technical capability.

“A few others who are linked to the crude oil swap in PPMC and NPDC may leave. In fact, some of them in NPDC have not been coming regularly to office.

“We operate in fear because we do not know the type of reforms the President may initiate.”

Another NNPC source said Oguine was on a year contract that elapsed last month.

“Oguine has a consulting firm he ran in the United Kingdom before his appointment. On the expiration of the contract, he chose to go back to UK to join his family and face his private consultancy firm wholly. The board of NNPC even offered to renew his appointment but he preferred to go back to his private business. There was no problem,” the source added.

Otti, according to the source, went to the United States to treat his eyes and will be back to office this week. The source also noted that there was no panic in the corporation as the board just sat yesterday and there was no information about officials who intend to resign before new appointments are made by the new government. There is also no information on any planned major shake-up in the corporation by the Federal Government, the source added.

President Buhari has on many occasions vowed to probe the NNPC.

During the campaigns, he promised to probe the $20 billion alleged to be missing from the coffers of the oil giant by Emir of Kano Muhammed Sanusi, a claim he made when he was the governor of Central Bank of Nigeria.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan sacked him from the CBN for the claim which he considered untrue aand embarrassing to his government.

Speaking in Yola as President-elect, Buhari said: “I heard that some people have started refunding money, but I will not believe until I see it.

“His royal highness, the Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was removed from the Central bank because he said that about $20 billion was missing, instead of the government to investigate the matter, they refused, instead they sacked him.

“He has already written a detail report on it, the incoming government will not ignore it, even though we have promised to draw a line, but $20 billion is too big to ignore. This is Nigerian money and it must be investigated,” Buhari said.

Last week during the African Union Summit in South Africa, Buhari also gave another evidence of the rot in the NNPC when he described as “improper” the holding of many accounts by the NNPC.

Former British Prime Minster Tony Blair also advised the president to overhaul the NNNPC if he must succeed.

source http://thenationonlineng.net/new/anxiety-at-nnpc-ahead-of-buharis-massive-shake-up/
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by Otunbatrafford: 8:33am On Jun 18, 2015
PMB should as a matter of urgency purge NNPC- the nucleus and epicentre of official corruption in Nigeria. The fight against corruption should starts from there. Anyone found culpable should be treated like a common criminal.
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by NettaDunn(m): 8:33am On Jun 18, 2015
NNPC has been caught with their hands in the oil this time, #IWeepForMyCountry...
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by mrmetoo1: 8:34am On Jun 18, 2015
Look I'm a Buhari supporter but I'm tired of all this "may" "will" "sources close to the presidency told us". Its enough!! If the time of action is not ready please let these guys report other news. What I'm interested in right now, is action. The administration has started background work but its either the administration is keeping quiet on the details of what they're doing or our journalist are just too lazy to do what it takes to get credible information. Sahara reporters seems to be the only one doing any investigative journalism unfortunately, some people dismiss them because they think they're partisan

1 Like

Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 18, 2015
NNPC!!! The cesspit of corruption, the only parastal that can it graft for graft is Customs lipsrsealed
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by tsdarkside(m): 8:39am On Jun 18, 2015
see how dem dey run....

SAI General Muhammadu Godwin Okechukwu Babatunde Oluwafunmilayo Buhari
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by UncleJudax(m): 8:41am On Jun 18, 2015
dridowu:
Okay proove to me that Buhari and co can't jail or probing anybody by commiting a crime, then you will that you will experience fresh air at kirikiri
This your grammar fit cause gene mutation grin
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by weedy: 8:42am On Jun 18, 2015
Dreamwap.net a site to meet many philipine boys and girls
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by sweatlana: 8:42am On Jun 18, 2015
PMB SHOULD PRACTICE WHAT HE HAS BEEN PREACHING. WE ARE TRIED OF HEARING ABOUT THIS SHAKEUP

DO THE DAMN THING!
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by SergeAlain: 8:42am On Jun 18, 2015
Everyone knows NNPC must be restructured.

Thats one of the key contents of the PIB which our legislators refused to pass.

However, all this 'i will probe, I will probe' threats are really getting boring!!!!

Please Sha do something!!! Its too quiet in FCT and the Nation is drifting!!!
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by lionduke(m): 8:49am On Jun 18, 2015
ElDeeVee:

They are spending your money and u still defend them...smh

You the stupid fellow here. Where in the article did you see mismanagement of funds against the names I mentioned.
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by nagoma(m): 8:51am On Jun 18, 2015
The guilty are afraid.
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by dridowu: 8:52am On Jun 18, 2015
UncleJudax:

This your grammar fit cause gene mutation grin
I got F9 in English, so are u pleased now ? The koko be say u got the info but if you still doubt me then na your wahala be dt
see ya
catch ya
later
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by Ekugbeh(m): 8:54am On Jun 18, 2015
Folding ma hands n watchin
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by globalresource: 8:57am On Jun 18, 2015
Press are merely speculating. You cant predict baba buhari...

1 Like

Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by bigerboy200: 8:59am On Jun 18, 2015
So what they said about GEJ administration was true..running governance like "come and chop" business enterprise.
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by fejicruz(m): 9:01am On Jun 18, 2015
Nashoji:
what are they being anxious of? the old man from daura or west Germany and his mere commissioner cannot jail or probe anybody, if you doubt me, ask timipre sylva.
Seems you are not aware that a fresh 50 counts charge has been filed against Timipre Sylva. Baba Buhari belongs to no one.
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 18, 2015
Nothing is happening in this government.
all these speculations are just for the papers to keep themselves busy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by UncleJudax(m): 9:02am On Jun 18, 2015
dridowu:
I got F9 in English, so are u pleased now ? The koko be say u got the info but if you still doubt me then na your wahala be dt
see ya
catch ya
later
Oh my badness! You can always write in pidgin though.
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by uboma(m): 9:03am On Jun 18, 2015
robinicule:
Their anxiety just start, panic attack follows

Dont mind the management staff of NNPC. It was also reported that the NNPC have lost count of their accounts in commercial banks. Can you imagine this!

They cant even tell how many accounts there are in the name of NNPC.
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by Rexohi: 9:03am On Jun 18, 2015
This is a welcome development. Breeze Don blow, fowl yansh go soon open.

Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by phemmyutd(m): 9:08am On Jun 18, 2015
lionduke:
Western propaganda machine at it's best. The Legal Services and Company Secretary Ikechukwu Oguine voluntary resigned And the Deputy Group Managing Director/ Group Executive Director (Finance and Account) Bernard Otti, according to NNPC sources, took a sick leave. Is that the anxiety?? Please tell the baba from western Germany a.k.a Daura President to appoint his ministers and hit the ground running.

Seem your life depends on the Ministerial list, if he did not appoint, then locate the nearest lagoon and do the needful.... Baby Factory product

1 Like

Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by sofat(m): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2015
Disclaimer:
Old wine at it again.

Are you a supporter of corruption? Are you pleased with the way your country is? Why not ammend your ways and be a supporter of change and join hands with PMB in fighting corruption out of Nigeria.
Re: Anxiety At NNPC Ahead Of Buhari’s Massive Shake-up by ElDeeVee(m): 9:21am On Jun 18, 2015
lionduke:

You the stupid fellow here. Where in the article did you see mismanagement of funds against the names I mentioned.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Group Sends Bill To Kano Assembly For Registration Of Southerners / How Governor Ayade Transformed A Community In 72 Hours / Buhari, Saraki To Meet First Time Since Nigeria Election Amid Fresh EFCC Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.