Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,931 members, 7,799,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Toni Braxton Disappoints - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Toni Braxton Disappoints (1952 Views)

Cossy's Mother, Chinyelo Orjiakor, 'Braxton-Jayis': Immigration Officer / Toni Braxton’s Skimpy Dress Comes Off, Exposes Her Behind On Stage / Toni Braxton And Beyonce---who Is The Sexiest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toni Braxton Disappoints by spikedcylinder: 11:28am On Feb 24, 2009
Toni Braxton disappoints Bank PHB

Fun-loving Nigerians that trooped out en masse on Valentine’s Day to catch a glimpse of famous US R n B singer Toni Braxton, performing live at the Muson Centre, Onikan, Lagos, were thoroughly disappointed, based on the star’s embarrassing absence at the ball.

In fact, the anger of most of the angry guests, we gathered stem from the fact that Bank PHB, the organizers of the Pink Valentine Ball, prior to the show, had widely advertised Braxton’s readiness for the concert on both electronics and the print media.

However, the duo of Asa and Dare Art Alade, finally rescued the event from becoming a huge flop, but even at that, most guests went home very angry, disappointed and hauling curses at the organizers. Even, the organizers last minute promise that Toni Braxton would be rescheduled to perform at a future date, did not go down well with virtually all the guests, especially the females.

An angry guest later told us that event organizers, especially corporate bodies like Bank PHB, should stop taking Nigerians for granted. “Enough of these insults, organizers should stop taking us for fools in this country. It is fast becoming a trend for them to advertise the names of big foreign acts on their shows, only to come up with flimsy excuses for not bringing these stars down here to perform. We are tired and sick of this nasty attitude.

Sincerely, Bank PHB, really disappointed me and my entire family and friends, we really looked forward to seeing and enjoying good music from Toni Braxton at the failed ball. I do not think that I can attend any of their shows again,” stated the embittered and anonymous Nigerian.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/feb/20/516.html

People still listen to Toni Braxton? shocked embarassed
Re: Toni Braxton Disappoints by emilyone(f): 12:09pm On Feb 24, 2009
good for them, its high time we begin to appreciate what we have, are the likes of asa and Co. not better than thousands of toni ?
Re: Toni Braxton Disappoints by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 24, 2009
spikedcylinder:

the directors grew up on toni
some 10 , 15 years from now, when you are a big director in a bank(say amen  grin), would u want the artistes of the day or Kanye west/coldplay/mariah(she will be old then) etal  grin

no real surprise as per the disappointment - its the same mentality of peeps that organized shows back in school

we are bringing DJ shina /DJ jimmy jatt

when show start they start blowing grammer - jatt iseating, do you want him to show for this small crowd ? or that vjatt guy na fkup! he no show on top our money etc etc. 90% of the stuff that show organizers write is total bullshit.
Re: Toni Braxton Disappoints by bgees(m): 1:22pm On Feb 24, 2009
spikedcylinder:

yes ,

people still sing 'breathe again' on the streets. unbreak my heart, spanish guitar and not man enough are classic songs.
Re: Toni Braxton Disappoints by Raymond88(m): 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Ha ha you read my mind.
Re: Toni Braxton Disappoints by Afam4eva(m): 3:21pm On Feb 24, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Why not? She's a very good singer and good songs are never forgotten, no matter how long.
Re: Toni Braxton Disappoints by spikedcylinder: 3:57pm On Feb 24, 2009
She was a good singer.
Who wan go hear am for concert? undecided
Re: Toni Braxton Disappoints by SeanT21(f): 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2009
Toni is still one of the best!!!

Love her songz!!
Re: Toni Braxton Disappoints by Afam4eva(m): 8:34pm On Feb 24, 2009
spikedcylinder:

She was a good singer.

Did u miss ur way or something?
The thread reads "Toni Braxton Dissapoints" and not "The fans Dissapoint"
So that shows that people still love her music.

Good music no dey die.
Re: Toni Braxton Disappoints by kadman(m): 9:16pm On Feb 24, 2009
afam4eva:

Good music no dey die.

WORD !
Re: Toni Braxton Disappoints by spikedcylinder: 9:24am On Feb 25, 2009
afam4eva:

Did u miss ur way or something?
The thread reads "Toni Braxton Dissapoints" and not "The fans Dissapoint"
So that shows that people still love her music.

Good music no dey die.

I started the thread so I sure as hell didn't miss my way. smiley
She's not my cup of tea as it has been made apparent in this thread, does that offend you? If you like her, state that you do and get out of my way. smiley
I agree with the highlighted though. smiley
Re: Toni Braxton Disappoints by Afam4eva(m): 10:01am On Feb 25, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I started the thread so I sure as hell didn't miss my way. smiley
She's not my cup of tea as it has been made apparent in this thread, does that offend you? If you like her, state that you do and get out of my way. smiley
I agree with the highlighted though. smiley

I did'nt notice that u started the thread, u should have known better.

spikedcylinder:

If you like her, state that you do and get out of my way. smiley

I like her very much and i'm not hiding it.
I'm not in your way dude.
Re: Toni Braxton Disappoints by spikedcylinder: 11:23am On Feb 25, 2009
afam4eva:

I did'nt notice that u started the thread, u should have known better.

I like her very much and i'm not hiding it.
I'm not in your way dude.

Ah! One would assume you can read.
You got in my way when you registered your distaste in me stating my opinions on this thread. smiley
Dude. smiley
Re: Toni Braxton Disappoints by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 03, 2009
embarassed[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Toni Braxton Disappoints by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 03, 2009
i feel 4 her oooooooooooooooooo, is she still on drugs
Re: Toni Braxton Disappoints by Sauron1: 8:06pm On Mar 03, 2009
spikedcylinder:

She was a good singer.

She is better than today's generation of divas.
Toni Braxton has CLASS!!!! I would take her over Brandy, Cassie and Jordin Fuckin Sparks. grin grin grin grin
Re: Toni Braxton Disappoints by spikedcylinder: 6:22pm On Mar 04, 2009
~Sauron~:

She is better than today's generation of divas.
Toni Braxton has CLASS!!!! I would take her over Brandy, Cassie and Jordin Fuckin Sparks. grin grin grin grin

Oh well. Why did she stop making "classy" music then? tongue
Re: Toni Braxton Disappoints by Heinz(m): 10:29pm On Mar 08, 2009
u go fear Bleep up nw

(1) (Reply)

Stephanie Okereke On The Recent Issue Cover For Mimi Magazine. / Gov. Oshiomole Pays $50,00 For Actress Mercy Johnson's Wedding Dress / How Iyanya Escaped Dana Air Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.