Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" (52975 Views)

Man Tattoos Eyeball After Accident Left His Eyeball White And Cloudy (pictures) / Photos:Queen Chidera Chijioke, MTN Face Of Unity Nigeria Dazzles On Dream FM / Bad Santa! Father Christmas Sacked For Telling Children He Wasn’t Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by nex(m): 9:02am On Jun 18, 2015

About a month ago, OAP Shine Begho of COOL FM who presented the morning show with Mannie as one of the angels on The Good Morning Nigeria Show quietly left the station. In an exclusive with that1960chick.com the media personality who joined the station in 2011 and also presented “The Sunday Chill Out Zone and Tweet with Shine” reveals why she left the popular Lagos radio station saying:

Cool FM no doubt was a great platform, I just wanted to grow with the platform and my brand, that was the plan,I had given myself two years and I would make a huge mark, but it was more than two years, I felt stagnant, growth was extremely slow. I don’t play politics. No matter how hard I worked to prove myself it felt like there was a negative force trying to take me down. So i thought to myself, “is this the best place, is this all I can do?”. In an organization were favoritism was the order of the day and I put in work. I needed a change.

She went on to add that things at the station got worse for her when she tied the knot with Seth Usanga (Stylist & Fashion Designer) in February earlier this year. Shine told us,

Things got worse after I got married, less than two months after getting married, I was told to go to move to Cool FM Abuja. My married life just started! I can’t leave my husband just like that! My position wasn’t considered at all even though I begged for management to see reason!

It came across to me they didn’t care about my new life. They said my husband didn’t have a say in this decision and indirectly told me to choose between my job and my marriage. Of course I choose my marriage! It was not a hard decision to make, I have been taken for granted, I have been stagnant, it was time to make a change.

So what is Shine Begho up to now that she’s no longer at Cool FM? She tells us:

I decided to man up and take a bold step, I quit. NOW I do free lance presenting & MC-ing work and I’m in the process of starting up my own media company – Vendrika Media. Thank God for the support of a good husband, we are in this together so now I am about to shoot my own TV shows while also presenting syndicated radio shows like the “Spirit of success party” radio show that airs every Friday at 9.30pm on all Rhythm Fm radio stations nationwide. Since I left coolfm it’s been a blessing, it’s time to own my own thing, it’s not going to be easy but the end result is going to be huge and am excited.

She tells us more about her media company:

Vendrika Media is the name of the production company owned by my husband and I, we will be producing my TV shows that will air on different platforms. The show is also in partnership with AVF1, they saw the potential of how different my shows are going to be and together both companies are going to change the game of television shows in Nigeria God willing.

Her 96.9 Cool FM story

I joined Cool FM in 2011 before then I was with other radio stations doing my thing, I already had a career and a voice on radio before joining Coolfm which was my dream radio station, I remember the first time I sent my CV to Ccool FM, I didn’t get a call back maybe because I didn’t have a radio experience that was in 2007, so I became a TV presenter, but always wanted to have that radio experience and my opportunity came in 2008 , I went back to cool FM and this time I had a call back and that day I was on the front page of a newspaper, it was awesome it felt good, I got the job with my dream radio station.

Such a shame things ended with Cool FM the way it did, we wish Shine all the best as she embarks on new ventures!

http://www.that1960chick.com/2015/06/17/exclusive-oap-shine-begho-i-left-cool-fm-because-they-told-me-to-choose-between-my-job-my-marriage/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by Cadamlk: 9:15am On Jun 18, 2015
You want to manage a company and not care about your worker's wellbeing and happiness.You that calls yourself boss cannot afford to see anyone hurt your loved ones(family)but always want to hurt others.My lady,you just earned a great respect by that action.They should go the hell with their creepy FM station.God will give you another job.Getting married goes with a lot of blessings from God.You are a good example to womanhood.

201 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2015
Hmmmm

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:31am On Jun 18, 2015
I hope your husband will appreciate this sacrifice tomorrow. Good luck.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by SuperSuave(m): 9:33am On Jun 18, 2015
wise choice, I hope she doesn't regret it tho

13 Likes

Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by fatdon2(m): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2015
Wise choice

7 Likes

Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by kristen12(f): 11:37am On Jun 18, 2015
I don't think coolfm always consider their staff. Because that how they let better people like Ejike, Vanessa, Valeri, Yop, Maxy leave.
The day Mannie, Joyce or N6 leave ehn, I'll stop listening. The station is becoming boring sef..

I pray life treats Ɣ☺ΰ well Shine...Goodluck!!!
btw HML!!!!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by nairaman66(m): 11:43am On Jun 18, 2015
Such comments? Cool FM isn't Cool anymore..

9 Likes

Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by piowei: 11:43am On Jun 18, 2015
Love is a very beautiful thing. . Better job later

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by DjHypno(m): 11:43am On Jun 18, 2015
Ok oooo
Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by yorke1: 11:43am On Jun 18, 2015
Good you chose your husband instead of the job. I heard that Coolfm is owned by a Lebanese. Fvck those people with the way they acted insensitively to her new status. This is similar to what they did to Mase. You guys remember Mase of WAZOBIA FM and NIGERIAN INFO

40 Likes

Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by bigv(m): 11:43am On Jun 18, 2015
As much as I'd want to say 'bravo, you did the right thing', I'd want to quickly point out that it's cos your hubby's financial status can conveniently sustain the family, otherwise you'd have a rethink and a different perspective to the 'choosing'.
Most people would actually infact continue under the guise that they're doing it cos they love their family.
Making the 'right' decisions sometimes doesn't translate into doing the 'right' thing.

22 Likes

Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by Bonapart(m): 11:43am On Jun 18, 2015
Like seriously i should give a fu*ck?
Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by opososu: 11:44am On Jun 18, 2015
Hunger go beat the two of you
Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by chukzbozz86: 11:44am On Jun 18, 2015
True and virtuous Woman she put her family 1st before her career. Family is d most important thing in life. She wasn't selfish at all like gals of this days. One of d reason why most marriages crumbles nowadays.

God bless all the Women that reasons like this lady....Amen!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by TheHood: 11:44am On Jun 18, 2015
who get that hand for the first pic...

wetin he dey try to achieve

3 Likes

Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by kestolove95(m): 11:44am On Jun 18, 2015
And u choose ur husband..wow prick don swit her

3 Likes

Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by Slimzjoe(m): 11:44am On Jun 18, 2015
Your Happiness is all that really matters in every decision you take

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by frankyfresh(m): 11:45am On Jun 18, 2015
Noted ma
Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by neweraomo: 11:45am On Jun 18, 2015
Start eating ur husband... #pussy
Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by horlabiyi(m): 11:45am On Jun 18, 2015
See what Blogging has turned Nigeria to. Is this a news or what? Well, To Own a Blog Is Free But To Blog With Sense Is Expensive

1 Like

Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by slimdiggi: 11:46am On Jun 18, 2015
Cool fm hmm
Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by folabayo1(f): 11:46am On Jun 18, 2015
Seeking attention
Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by RobinHez(m): 11:46am On Jun 18, 2015
shey the camera man no see that hand....abi na lipsrsealed
Re: Shine Begho: “I Left Cool FM For Telling Me To Choose Between My Job & Husband" by Dongreatken(m): 11:47am On Jun 18, 2015
Its her business....

Anyway, its good for her!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dillish Wins Big Brother Africa The Chase / 5 Richest Pastors In Nigeria - Forbes / Ronaldo Or Justin Bibeir Who Is More Popular?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.