Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,813 members, 7,802,617 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria (5745 Views)

Why Does The Igbos Like Aligning Themselves With The South Southerners...? / We South-southerners Are Not In For Any F**cking BIAFRA / Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
Just read that the Federal government has selected Geregu in Kogi State and Itu in Akwa Ibom State as sites for proposed nuclear power plants in Nigeria. Please let all well meaning Nigerians tell the Federal Government that this is wrong for Nigeria, as we do not yet have the maintenance culture to have nuclear site. You need to see what happened in the town of Chernobyl,Ukraine that even has maintenance culture. Green trees turned red in moments and thyroid cancer ate the life out of Ukrainians who were not even in the nuclear plant during the accident.[b]Say No to the Establishment of Nuclear Plant in Nigeria by liking this comment and by telling your friends to share this on social media. [/b]A stitch in time can save nine.

Last line: if they want power they can use coal that can only do little harm to the environment, BUT NOT NUCLEAR that can send cancer winds to several states in a matter of minutes.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by delpee(f): 1:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
We don't want to add to our tales of woe in Nigeria

No to nuclear plant anywhere in Naija!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
Waiting for the children of hate and anger from Southwest to invade this thread ......

With their bigotry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
Seun, Ishilove. Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, Front Page O.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 2:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
Yes to nuclear power plant!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
delpee:
We don't want to add to our tales of woe in Nigeria

No to nuclear plant anywhere in Naija!

We are better than this.

Instead of showing our fears for the Born to rule sect, why not champion the training of Igbo Engineers and Nuclear Scientist if there is anything like that, so that they can qualify to manage the plant when it is installed or built.

The only way Igbos can be relevant in Nigeria again is for them to champion advanced technology in Nigeria. They can only do so by Identifying skills for advanced and future technology and begin to train manpower to take charge of those technologies when they finally arrive.

Being prepared doesn't mean we should Identify the ills of our colleagues and cry about them for pity and help from foreigners but rather, out smarting them in any mischievous scheme if at all any exist.

Stop crying and hating and start planning.
We should own the brain and start reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
Why referencing on Igbos??

1 Like

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
igbodefender:
Just read that the Federal government has selected Geregu in Kogi State and Itu in Akwa Ibom State as sites for proposed nuclear power plants in Nigeria. Please let all well meaning Nigerians tell the Federal Government that this is wrong for Nigeria, as we do not yet have the maintenance culture to have nuclear site. You need to see what happened in the town of Chernobyl,Ukraine that even has maintenance culture. Green trees turned red in moments and thyroid cancer ate the life out of Ukrainians who were not even in the nuclear plant during the accident.Say No to the Establishment of Nuclear Plant in Nigeria by liking this comment and by telling your friends to share this on social media. [/b]A stitch in time can save nine.

Last line: if they want power they can use coal that can only do little harm to the environment, BUT NOT NUCLEAR that can send cancer winds to several states in a matter of minutes.

[size=15pt] [b] Corruption
will ensure that these nuclear sites will not be WELL maintained, leading to radiation leaks that will injure many.[/size]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2015

This piglet died as a direct consequence of the accident in the nuclear power plant. It was not in the plant when the accident exploded.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Jorussia(m): 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
This project is from Gej and i am aware that pmb has not said anything about the project, its Igali that is just showing himself.
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
Jorussia:
This project is from Gej and i am aware that pmb has not said anything about the project, its Igali that is just showing himself.
Whether from Gej or not, this project Must Not Fly. Can someone please create a suitable hashtag on twitter for this like the bring back our girls hashtag?and quick, please.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
The radioactive wind from a simple nuclear accident in those places can devastate the whole South. Just imagine.Nuclear power is not for Nigeria!!!
quid:

Corruption will ensure that these nuclear sites will not be WELL maintained, leading to radiation leaks that will injure many.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Princewill1(m): 2:15pm On Jun 18, 2015
IF BOKO HARAM HANDLES THAT NUCLEAR PLANT IN KOGI,NIGERIA NAME WILL BE SORRY!!

You can't even secure police,DSS and UN building in Abuja,na nuclear plant you wan secure.

Infact I welcome it,because it will be the fastest means to end this evil contraption called Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
igbodefender:
The radioactive wind from a simple nuclear accident in those places can devastate the whole South. Just imagine.Nuclear power is not for Nigeria!!!
^ Its better to invest in Solar energy and Windmills.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
Biafrans sharap jhooor.
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
The pix below is that of a forest that turned red as a result of the Chernobyl nuclear accident. Do we want our forests to turn red so we cannot even use their firewood to cook? Say No To Nuclear Power Plant In Nigeria!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by delpee(f): 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
victorels:

We are better than this.
Instead of showing our fears for the Born to rule sect, why not champion the training of Igbo Engineers and Nuclear Scientist if there is anything like that so that they can qualify to manage the ant when it is installed or built.
The only way Igbos can be relevant again is for them to champion advanced technology in Nigeria. They can only do so by Identifying skills for advanced and future technology and begin to train manpower to take charge of those technologies when they arrive.
Being prepared doesn't mean we should Identify the ills of our colleagues and crying about them but rather, out smarting them in any mischievous scheme if at all it exist.
Stop crying and hating and start planning.
We should own the brain and start reasoning.

Read about Chernobyl and other nuclear plants before you make up your mind.

I'm not interested in tribal matters please. It's of no value and solves no problem IMO. There are intellects, nuisances and criminals as in good, bad and ugly in all tribes. I care about the general well being of Nigerians and our future generation whichever part of the country they come from.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 2:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
People are so ignorant.

Indeed, I am against nuclear power, but do remember it's produced by nuclear fission and the radioactive waste is disposed of extremely carefully.

Do not mistake Buhari for Jonathan.

We Nigerians and west Africa in General should be the ones controlling the nuclear power usage as Niger is the fourth biggest producers of uranium and we shouldn't shut out the idea of nuclear power because certain people are too ignorant(induces fear) to understand the benefits of it.

The benefits of nuclear power is more than its negatives; that cannot be said about fossil fuel power plants. For example Nuclear power can last for 1000 of years as they contain alot of energy per kg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
anulaxad:
People are so ignorant.
Indeed, I am against nuclear power, but do remember it's produced by nuclear fission and the radioactive waste is disposed of extremely carefully.
Do not mistake Buhari for Jonathan.
We Nigerians and west Africa in General should be the ones controlling the nuclear power usage as Niger is the fourth biggest producers of uranium and we shouldn't shut out the idea of nuclear power because certain people are too ignorant(induces fear) to understand the benefits of it.
The benefits of nuclear power is more than its negatives; that cannot be said about fossil fuel power plants. For example Nuclear power can last for 1000 of years as they contain alot of energy per kg.
My friend, Buhari cannot be everywhere at once, and what of hen he finishes his tenure. What are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by otokx(m): 2:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
I say No

1 Like

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by superstar1(m): 2:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
What happened to we do not have FG presence on our soil?

Now, FG is bringing her presence and you are still crying foul.

Na wa o.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 18, 2015
Picture below shows ex Russian President Dimitri Medvedev laying a wreath to those who died as a result of the nuclear accident in Chernobyl that was once part of Russia's USSR. Nuclear power must not come to Nigeria. Instead of me to have nuclear power, let me light candle for the rest of my life. Tufiakwa!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 18, 2015
#Never Nuclear In Nigeria

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2015
delpee:

Read about Chernobyl and other nuclear plants before you make up your mind.

I'm not interested in tribal matters please. It's of no value and solves no problem IMO. There are intellects, nuisances and criminals as in good, bad and ugly in all tribes. I care about the general well being of Nigerians and our future generation whichever part of the country they come from.

That is why it is advanced technology. We do not have the power to stop the government, but we do have the power to manage it properly so that it will not be an evil in disguise. The only way we can do it is by equipping ourselves so that we would be the only capable hands available and hence, manage it the way we want it.

I am speaking as though you are an Igbo chieftain. Understand it that way.
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by heatflux: 2:51pm On Jun 18, 2015
quid:

^ Its better to invest in Solar energy and Windmills.

get yourself educated about energy n power first before making comments

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by abu12: 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
Princewill1:
IF BOKO HARAM HANDLES THAT NUCLEAR PLANT IN KOGI,NIGERIA NAME WILL BE SORRY!!

May b that is why ex president jonathan site the project in kogi state, which is very close 2 south east and akwa ibom a core southern state to be more secure.

Op We need solar morethan coal
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by StOla: 2:54pm On Jun 18, 2015
The power stations should be sited in South South and South East, so that they would no longer cry about being marginalised.

Infact, a certain NDPVF or so has been crying too much lately on this forum. Now he must be happy for Akwa Ibom.
Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
heatflux:
get yourself educated about energy n power first before making comments
[size=14pt]
Nonsense.
These people have not been able to handle hydro-electricity.
Why should I be confident that Nigeria can handle much more complicated nuclear installations.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
The story of a man who is presented with the prospect of buying a car, he said "no no, i am too poor, i can never maintain a car in my life"

Sad life I must say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
StOla:
The power stations should be sited in South South and South East, so that they would no longer cry about being marginalised.

Infact, a certain NDPVF or so has been crying too much lately on this forum. Now he must be happy for Akwa Ibom.
Dubious

3 Likes

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
As far as it is not in Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo.. We are comfortable.

We Igbos' have 99 problems, and Nigeria is not one of them..

Its all about, GIVE US BIAFRA. Lower Niger Republic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos, South Southerners, Nigerians, Say No To Nuclear Power Station In Nigeria by Eshinwaju: 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2015
They shd move those sites.....into core yeboe areas.....not akwa ibom or kogi.... cheesy....d yeboes can help maintain them for us all....otherwise... cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Light Skin People And Multi Racial People Are Not Blacks / New Nigerian Flag Suggested / Congratulation Nigeria So So So Had Been Confirmed Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.