Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce (6134 Views)

Hameed Ali, Senate Face-off: Buhari Intervenes / Agitation For Biafra Is Nonsense - (TIC) The Igbo Conscience Leaders / The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by disumusa: 8:38pm On Jun 18, 2015
menabadoo:
its every Yoruba man's dream to marry a yellow Igbo woman.

Enjoy it man
who told you, to marry ibo there is probabilities of marry after one b/c ibo culture permit or tell the doughter to give them child or born for them b/4 marriage.
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by disumusa: 8:45pm On Jun 18, 2015
carnegiefan:

The oba was using yoruba metaphor to address the Igbo nation in Lagos.
Okay, my Igbo metaphor also says that Yorubas should be wiped out by plague because they voted for Buhari.
Abeg no vex, na Igbo metaphor. cheesy
get out dont compare a wide tribe like yoruba with ibo. See these tribe can be found as indegen in warri,benin, kogi,kwara,benue,benin republic,togo,brazil they are too much.
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by CSTR2: 8:50pm On Jun 18, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Don't really care either, just doing this for the thousands of Igbo-Yoruba couples everywhere.. embarassed
oh boy go and sit down.
You can be very annoying at times with your pacifism.
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by ChimaAdeoye: 8:50pm On Jun 18, 2015
[size=14pt]Igbo and yoruba are struggling for who will be the alpha dog. The sad thing is that they both willingly decided to be alpha dogs of nigeria and not the master(Hausa/fulani). Their attrition and opposition to each other will only make the Fulani, the true masters of Nigeria. Those who think it will lead to a breakup of nigeria are only day dreaming. because even if yoruba attack Igbos in Lagos, it won't drive Igbos out. Moreover, Igbos will stage their own attacks of yoruba in Port Harcourt and Onitsha, which still won't drive yorubas out.

How do i know this? Because the same action and reprisal attacks has happened too many times and Igbos are still in Kano, just as Hausas are still in Onitsha and Aba. [/size]grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by Sachris4U(m): 8:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
PointB:
What need to happen is for both ethnic groups to be in different countries. Every and any other solution is cosmetics!
Mu:mu Igbo, first tell us where u have your business(shop) in yorubaland presently before proffering solution. Eediotic chestbeaters, today they want Gej, tomorrow they want biafra, confused set of people.
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by marciano3d: 10:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
Duru1:
It serves every Igbo person best if this goofy Igbo Conscience cum think tank remains emerging forever if the members think that the spate of hatred between Igbo and Yoruba started during the general election of yesterday. If the jokers in the so-called emerging Igbo Conscience have respect for past events, they should have realized that Igbo and Yoruba hatred is rooted in the Nigeria/Biafra civil war. What the hell is silly general election when there was a genocide committed against Ndiigbo during the civil war in which Yoruba were distinguished participants?

No disrespect but follow d events b4 d civil war
ibo joined forces (and became friends ) with d north to form a govt in which a respectable igbo president emerged while the prime minister was north.
then came d coup (lead by some igbo military officers ) after which an igbo head of state.

Then a counter coup brought the igbo out of equation. There was a civil war. Yoruba wasn't in any of part d film b4 d War, d federal govt won d War and u Feel it's proper to blame yoruba for ur failed relationship with d north when u didn't carry them along in d 1st place. And for losing d War.

Check history when there is war the loser usually has more casualties,

Whether u like it or not we are citizens of d federal republic of Nigeria so we have to adapt and understand each other not trade blame for our grandfather's actions

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by Mcowubaba: 11:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
teufelein:
rubbbbish, there's nothing like reconciliation...all we want now is war, without total war between Biafra and odua the zoo nigeria can't be destroyed and the true freedom can't be reached. reconciliation can come when we have restored Biafra.

[size=15pt]i do not preach peace, i advocate for total bloody war as long as the war will bring to an end the zoo nigeria.[/size]
Lol..lmao...
Do u really want War cheesy...
Do u knw what is War (esp in this modern times)
I careless about Biafra wanting to separate, but dat should be done through referendum!!! Not War..
@ topic...
Igbo vs Yoruba e-war esp here on Nairaland..no be today matter, eh don pass puberty teh teh !!!...to stop dat will be extremely difficult!!!..but it can be done..God help us all..
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by citizenY(m): 11:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
Setaje:
Hmmm lipsrsealed. I have been avoiding tribal threads for a while now. I cannot deny the fact that I am pro yoruba. But I realise that we need ourselves so so much in this country. More than what we say, more than what we know and much more than what we see. For some weeks now, na rich man dey chop meat, tomatoes and yam. I don't want to think of a Nigeria wivout the input of this hausas. I don't want to think of the impact of not seeing a chemist around my house or a spare part dealer who has everything minute thing I need for my car to be in shape. I cannot imagine the yorubas that I no and have lived wiv all my life become hostile towards me,,,,,,,,,,,, we need each other much more than what we know or think.

Will they listen? Hot heads on each divide should find ice black caps. Young men of today as are fighting wars that ar out of sync with current realities. Elders have also redistricting accept that we as required in 2015 and not 1966. Also, also most of the gladiators of the civil war era are gradually leaving the scene.

If more advanced nas rooms in Europe and elsewhere are finding accommodation with each other after the strife of the 20th century, what sad stops us from doing the same?

Meanwhile, every effort to calm things down is commendable .
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by citizenY(m): 11:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
PointB:
What need to happen is for both ethnic groups to be in different countries. Every and any other solution is cosmetics!

I hope your beauty parlor is in your village. How many customers do you have per day?
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by PointB: 1:24am On Jun 19, 2015
citizenY:

I hope your beauty parlor is in your village. How many customers do you have per day?

Pedestrian! undecided
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by Nobody: 1:27am On Jun 19, 2015
Duru1:
It serves every Igbo person best if this goofy Igbo Conscience cum think tank remains emerging forever if the members think that the spate of hatred between Igbo and Yoruba started during the general election of yesterday. If the jokers in the so-called emerging Igbo Conscience have respect for past events, they should have realized that Igbo and Yoruba hatred is rooted in the Nigeria/Biafra civil war. What the hell is silly general election when there was a genocide committed against Ndiigbo during the civil war in which Yoruba were distinguished participants?

Chinua Achebe In his last book 'There Was A Country' pointed out that the yorubas owe Ndigbo unreserved apology for the roles yoruba leaders played during the Biafra war, but rather than yorubas using that opportunity to apologise to Igbos they began to attack Achebe in defence of Awolowo whom Achebe clearly pointed out how he awolowo did all within his position to bring down Ndigbo to which we all know was nothing but the truth.

I have concluded there are no more worthy elders in yoruba land because if there were, they would have used the opportunity provided by Achebe to apologise to Igbos.

Though the yoruba & Igbo might not go to outright war but between them a permanent distrust will be eternal until the day the yorubas accept they had erred against Igbos & ask for forgiveness. Only then & then only can any sane human being expect Igbos to let go with the heart.

We are humans, & if cut we bleed
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by carnegiefan: 1:37am On Jun 19, 2015

“The Igbo Conscience wants to put it on record that in the process leading to the election, one of our affiliate groups, the Association for the Defence of Igbo interests in Lagos (ADIL) came out strongly to disavow the hate politics in Lagos that brought about this worsening situation and affirm the willingness of progressive Igbo to work with Yoruba in Lagos for a common political goal of advancing progressive politics in Lagos.

Apparently this group is only interested in their little investment in Lagos.
smh @ selfishness.

Meanwhile funnily enough, it is people like these that accuse secessionist of being selfish.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 19, 2015
Chinua Achebe In his last book 'There Was A Country' pointed out that the yorubas owe Ndigbo unreserved apology for the roles yoruba leaders played during the Biafra war, but rather than yorubas using that opportunity to apologise to Igbos they began to attack Achebe in defence of Awolowo whom Achebe clearly pointed out how he awolowo did all within his position to bring down Ndigbo to which we all know was nothing but the truth.

I have concluded there are no more worthy elders in yoruba land because if there were, they would have used the opportunity provided by Achebe to apologise to Igbos.

Though the yoruba & Igbo might not go to outright war but between them a permanent distrust will be eternal until the day the yorubas accept they had erred against Igbos & ask for forgiveness. Only then & then only can any sane human being expect Igbos to let go with the heart.

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by carnegiefan: 1:44am On Jun 19, 2015
Yorubbish:

The whole truth is that Ndigbo don't need any apology from anybody.
We really just need to leave the madness called Nigeria.
The German and the Turk are not enemies, but they are in separate countries.
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by nonaira: 2:03am On Jun 19, 2015
WTF is Igbo Think tank group. mschewwwwwwwwww.

Look where it's even posted self, saharareporters...one of the most tribalistic media from Yoruba. Whoever wrote that article is not serious.

As far as we are concerned, Igbo and Yoruba are two different people forced in a hellish country together. I repeat the way our ancestor lived aka not knowing them, not interacting with them and even when trading in benin, avoiding them was the right way. Zik f2ked up by bringing us into the same country with those people. It's high time it gets fixed. Any Igbo that's against that can stay in Nigeria with them and die. No wahalla or argument from us. No one wants a saboteur when looking for greater things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by nonaira: 2:09am On Jun 19, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
This is excellent! This is what I have always expected reasonable leaders to rise up and do. I am so happy with this development, at least I am sure that all my little efforts at peace making is not in vain.

I have a lot of friends who are married to Yorubas and I have Yoruba friends that are married to Igbos. Just move around Lagos on Saturdays and see the number of Igbo/Yoruba weddings taking place. As I write, many more are being planned and I just attended some.

My sweetheart and love Dollyak, a beautiful and awesome angel walking this earth is from an Yoruba-Igbo union.

God bless this think-tank group.

God bless Igbo,

God bless Yoruba

God bless Nigeria.

God bless Dollyak! cool

Your cowardness is really irritating.

Are you sure an Igbo man is your father?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by nonaira: 2:14am On Jun 19, 2015
BiafranPrince:
Get away from here Igbo think tank whatever, there is deep hatred for Ndi-Igbo and Biafrans in general by this uncircumcised id1ots, while Biafrans are trying their best to even carry on with their one Nigeria, they attack us from all angles possible, to the extent their Oba have to come deliver their message himself.
Until we burn down this zoo, which are going to do soonest, and everyone goes to his own country with defined boundary, there is nothing like truce.

Chineke kpokwa ha oku there, fools

GBAM!!!

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by EasternPride: 2:22am On Jun 19, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:
Igbo and yoruba are struggling for who will be the alpha dog. The sad thing is that they both willingly decided to be alpha dogs of nigeria and not the master(Hausa/fulani). Their attrition and opposition to each other will only make the Fulani, the true masters of Nigeria. Those who think it will lead to a breakup of nigeria are only day dreaming. because even if yoruba attack Igbos in Lagos, it won't drive Igbos out. Moreover, Igbos will stage their own attacks of yoruba in Port Harcourt and Onitsha, which still won't drive yorubas out.

How do i know this? Because the same action and reprisal attacks has happened too many times and Igbos are still in Kano, just as Hausas are still in Onitsha and Aba. grin grin grin grin

That part got me cracking, I remember clearly when i was growing up, i always heard that Easterners usually get attacked in North, then in 2000, I saw hundreds of Northerners killed in Aba, and heard the same for Onitsha, 2002 the same, since then, those guys have learnt to respect themselves.
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by HiGod: 2:36am On Jun 19, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
The truth remains that no matter what this group says, that deep seated hatred that prompted a 'royal father' to threaten a whole tribe because of selfish and personal gains might not fade soon, even though his opinion did not reflect that of all yorubas.
In a mixed society, only a primitive person would under-estimate the power of utterances.

What I will advise my Igbo brothers is to keep up the undying spirit of conquerors and also be careful at all times both in words and action. If we must co-habit, we must tolerate and show love

Victim mentality again dimwit. What led Oba Akiolu to say all what he said should be your concern not his reaction. We all know that there would be a reaction to every action which is applicable to Oba Akiolu's reaction to Igbo threat(Block vote).

If you insist that Oba Akiolu reaction was irrational and irresponsible, then what will you call Arthur Nzeribe and Obi of Onitsha for disparaging Yorubas at political rally?

Shut d Bleep up fool. I presumed that you guys have been heavenly cursed to throw tantrums at all times even when it's obvious that you guys are the cause of all your problems......

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by citizenY(m): 4:30am On Jun 19, 2015
PointB:

Pedestrian! undecided

Verbose!
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 19, 2015
disumusa:
who told you, to marry ibo there is probabilities of marry after one b/c ibo culture permit or tell the doughter to give them child or born for them b/4 marriage.
it doesn't still dispute my assertion.
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by caprini1: 6:56am On Jun 19, 2015
Finally!.....sensible people have entered Nairaland!
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by docsholz(m): 7:08am On Jun 19, 2015
menabadoo:
it doesn't still dispute my assertion.
your assertion is baseless, it lacks empirical evidence undecided
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by tonytony208(m): 7:10am On Jun 19, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
The truth remains that no matter what this group says, that deep seated hatred that prompted a 'royal father' to threaten a whole tribe because of selfish and personal gains might not fade soon, even though his opinion did not reflect that of all yorubas.
In a mixed society, only a primitive person would under-estimate the power of utterances.

What I will advise my Igbo brothers is to keep up the undying spirit of conquerors and also be careful at all times both in words and action. If we must co-habit, we must tolerate and show love

You guys should remember that you are strangers and visitors in Lagos and you will be forever. If the Oba makes any statement, he is free. After all, it is his home. If any stranger is not comfortable with what Kabiyesi said, just pack up and go back to your gully erosion. And pls form Biafra on time, so that southwest can be free of your lot.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 19, 2015
ibedun:

[s]Bleep them! Even though 2 of my brothers and some cousins are married to the Igbos. Land battle and insults from mere tenants that can't find anything good in their own ancestral land is intolerable. If they like they can follow their Igbo toto to the Sad East. No going back. Igbos should go home![/s]

We are not begging you bro... This Igbo group has shown that the maturity they possess is far more than your small mind can comprehend.

I am so glad my people were the first to take this step of maturity; this is what I call sophistication. smiley
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 19, 2015
nonaira:

Your cowardness is really irritating.

Are you sure an Igbo man is your father?

Brother calm down. This is the real meaning of sophistication and maturity not just for mouth.

I am Igbo both father & mother.
Re: The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce by tiger28: 8:21am On Jun 19, 2015
AwesomelyMade:

truth remains that no matter what this group says ,it will not erase the deep seated hatred that prompted a whole migrating tribe to call their host's land a "no man's land". I will exhort my Yoruba Brothers not to change their welcoming attitudes but to watch meticulously the visitors that disrespect them as hosts, their culture, their land and their Kings. If we must cohabit, we must respect each other especially the host that embraced the migrants or else that embrace will turn into daggers one day. A word is enough. ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekiti 2023: My Campaign Will Be Issue-Based, Oyebanji Assures / Soludo: Decision Time For Yar’adua / Magnitude 5.8 Earthquake Hits Off West Coast of Africa: USGS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.