Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,852 members, 7,798,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome (62195 Views)

"I Caught My Wife & Driver Making Love In My House" - Lagos Businessman / Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / This Is What My House Help Did To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 18, 2015
Viciyus:

SONS OF AN ANIMAL

AND YOU EXPECT ME TO READ THIS CRAP undecided

You should. It would definitely go a long way in developing your English and your brain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
damiso:

Pronto grin grin you got what the vex money is for grin

Some Naija guys be falling hands cheesy since 1960

Malt& pepper soup = at least one deep 'tonguey salivary'kiss plus if possible second base cheesy

No way Jose ..keep your hands to yourself angry

I was lucky sha..my encounters with that sort were very limited.

Funny thread cheesy I dey go sleep ojare.

For what it's worth, we weren't always like that. Unsavoury experiences necessitated this change in tactics. sad

Good night, madam.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Spesh04: 10:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
milliondollas:
The community of ladies who are tired of the “come to my
house syndrome” Are u all virgins ? I asked because you are asking for respect due to virgin girls only, 99% of girls are prostitute who date old men for money, nonsense
God bless you. This is so spot-on. Bite me!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Mcowubaba: 10:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
All I can say-- SEX is Overrated in Nigeria, esp by the Female populace!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by bbjummy: 10:54pm On Jun 18, 2015
So tiring
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Abeyjide: 10:55pm On Jun 18, 2015
ladies want places dey can order for sharwama,chicken pie,fried rice and so on to empty d guy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
milliondollas:
house syndrome” Are u all virgins ? I asked because you are asking for respect due to virgin girls only, 99% of girls are prostitute who date old men for money, nonsense
I gues u av SISTERS, AUNTS, NIECES etc who fall into the 99%... Rubbish.
Poor fellow, speaking vehemently out of too many rejections from ladies I guess...
Mind wat u say dude so it doesn't haunt u

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by emzila(m): 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
What about this take me to ur house syndrome that ladies exhibit when they meet rich guys? Mscheeeew tell that to d poor and growing up boys.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by 1stola: 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2015
swagloverss:
It was intended to be a simple PM on my BBM but the number of furious replies I got indicated that I had to expand my reach. The said PM was – “Naija men with come to my house, come to my house.” Is there seriously no young man who can advise his fellow men on dating etiquettes? Help us plssssss”

I sincerely felt that I was alone in this predicament till I started getting pings from people who were even more angry about it than I was. And then I realized that this is a general epidemic.

Now, I had different responses from people and I will attempt to put those responses into consideration and not be too streamlined with my views.

Most of the males who responded to my PM agreed with the fact that their brothers are not representing the male folks as well as they should in this area but one of the men made a case for our culture being the reason for this predicament.

According to him, Nigerians do not see the home as a private place and can invite just about anyone into their home. He also talked about the mentality that has been deeply ingrained in us – some men just don’t think that going on dates is necessary, or rather, “we can meet up at my house, there’s no need to go through all that white culture ish” (paraphrased)

As much as I understand where he was coming from and I agree with him that the Nigerian mentality has a lot to bear with this situation. I also think that there are two reasons why the “come to my house issue” is so rampant today.

(1) Some men just don’t think that it’s necessary to go through all that stress in wooing a lady anymore.

A friend of mine actually said that chivalry is dead in response to my PM but I am a positive person, so I refuse to believe that there is no single man on this earth who knows how to take a woman on a date and win her heart slowly – no, there must surely be such men left on earth. (yes, I am rooting for the male folks)

Some Nigerian men just believe that all that “taking a woman to a lovely restaurant and stuff” is for “oyibo people“. I mean, you will be surprised at the number of educated men who would invite you to their house at first meeting.

The man who inspired my PM is a lecturer. Another man who contributed to my cry for help studied law as a first degree. He is involved in media and publicity for a while, and is a called pastor… so you can go figure out the thing about education being a way to raise up people with a modern outlook on things.
[s]
(2) 80 % of the men who invite ladies to come to their house at first meeting have no good intentions at heart. [/s]

Now, I have to be very careful with how I say this, because I understand like my male friend stated above: that for some men, inviting a lady to their house at first meeting just doesn’t mean anything to them.

They weren’t raised with the mentality that the home is a private place. So even if they just met a lady they are interested in, they can hang out at their house as a first date – with no ulterior motive involved on their part. So yes, I agree that those kind of men exist.

We don’t need to go deep down into stories do we? Or maybe we do. Listen carefully and you will hear stories from the lady who has true stories to tell on how she had to fend off SERIOUS sexual advances just because she believed a man who said he had no ulterior motive for inviting her to his house.

Some of our female friends won’t open up to us but some ladies have been raped because of the “come to my house syndrome”. They cower in shame and guilt, berating their selves that they should have known better than to go to his house. And the society doesn’t make it easy on them too.

Most people would say things like – “Why did you go to his house? That’s a sign that you wanted the sexual act to happen” So the victims keep quiet and bottle up the hurt and shame inside.

What about the guy that tells you to just come into his house while he dresses up so you both can go out and then, under the guise of that excuse starts drawing close for a kiss?

So the “come to my house syndrome” is a serious one. Aside from the serious underlying issues of ladies who have had sad stories of sexual assault and rape to tell, it also begs for a total overhauling of the way some Nigerian men view wooing a lady – an overhauling of faulty dating mentalities.

If the woman was to be a street lady, we might pardon you, but no, you see a decent lady with her worth shining through and you just don’t want to put in an effort into treating her like the jewel that she is.

What would it take for you to take the natural order of the way things should be in cultivating a relationship with her?
Would a time out at a restaurant be too much to ask? It doesn’t even have to be a classy restaurant – just a neutral place where you both can talk that’s not your house.

So I plead again, don’t we have young mighty men of valor who can advise their fellow men on dating etiquettes? Men who can organize classes and teach their fellow men these things – if it comes to that.

Or maybe I should be pleading with our churches too. Almost every church organizes programmes for ladies on how to be virtuous women, how to behave themselves while on a date, etc. Can’t such programmes be held for men too? Women aren’t the only ones who need to be groomed, men need to be groomed too.

So gentlemen, I sincerely still believe that there are a lot of you who are getting it right in the area of what I just talked about.
Please teach your fellow men about these things, we will be absolutely grateful to you all.

Signed,
The community of ladies who are tired of the “come to my house syndrome”

SOURCE
What do you mean by this

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
Wow! Actually good old days when we had men with good morals, I prefer visiting them at home. No money will be wasted and it helps me know exactly the kind of person I am dealing with.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by coogar: 10:57pm On Jun 18, 2015
cococandy:
I'm not fibbing. Of course many guys expect to pay when they take the girl on a date but saying they get offended if the girl offers to pay is just one of your many exaggerations. Haba coogar

it's offensive!
he finds it very offensive - slapping his face in public does not even compare to attempting to pay for his meal on the first date. it's like stepping on his ego with your stiletto.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by cococandy(f): 10:58pm On Jun 18, 2015
coogar:

it's offensive!
he finds it very offensive - slapping his face in public does not even compare to attempting to pay for his meal on the first date. it's like stepping on his ego with your stiletto.
Mmm. I hear you.
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 18, 2015
Inviting a lady home in a date is to show that he is not hiding anything from her.Some ladies take a date into another dimension.They see it as an Avenue to eat whatever they like notwithstanding his financial status.She may even invite her friends along to drill his cash.But when she come to his house he can take malt and digestive biscuits on credit from iya basira that sells provision and pay later.It will also prove to her that he is a bachelor.What is even wrong if he demand sex as it's being assume by most ladies?Afterall ,it's part of dating process.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 18, 2015
coogar:

i can't knock the hustle!
i fully understand why any guy would go that route. after all, our mothers didn't raise fools. cheesy

It's all about discouraging such behaviour in future. Sadly, I'm not one to subsidise the foolishness of others.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Swagk101(m): 10:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
Timbuktou:
Nigerian women are becoming sick jokes en masse. What exactly is the point of going on a date with a bunch of women who have decided to feast to their hearts' content at the expense of their male companion? What exactly is a date meant to achieve in the scheme of things? You want to go to an impressive restaurant to 'assess' whether the guy is good enough for your time, at his expense.
No, my brothers would rather cut to the chase and if you're not coming to his place, it's on to the next one. There's really not much sense in wooing today's Nigerian woman. It. Is. All. About. The. Money. We now live in an era of 'no romance without finance'. Why should I woo you when all you're after is the money? You can swerve if you want to eat at Barcelos.

Secondly, whether there's a date or you've been invited to his house at first invite, there's no good intentions. He wants to lay you. Stop acting like a trip to a posh restaurant will suddenly wipe out sexual fantasies about you. Or maybe you're saying it's only ok to have those sexual fantasies after you've been wined and dined?

In conclusion, the 'come to my house dynamic' is mostly a move to economise the expenditure of time and other resources considering the margin of success/lack of.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
angieberry:
"They weren’t raised with the mentality that the home is a private place. So even if they just met a lady they are interested in, they can hang out at their house as a first date – with no ulterior motive involved on their part."
Ebelebe! These men know what they are looking for! Any man that tells you to come to his house, especially if he is not a close relative, is simply suggesting activities that goes beyond eating , talking and watching movies and hanging out. And if the girl agrees, in the man's mind, she has agreed to take part in those activities.
How many men will not try to get fresh with a lady when they are alone in his house? Biko, let me hear word. They should just accept the fact, and no decent or sensible young lady will want to visit a man alone. Too risky!
Nne idi too much...
U jst hit d nail on d head without beating abt d bush..
Come to my house ko, come to my farm ni
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by kenx27(m): 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
angieberry:
"They weren’t raised with the mentality that the home is a private place. So even if they just met a lady they are interested in, they can hang out at their house as a first date – with no ulterior motive involved on their part."
Ebelebe! These men know what they are looking for! Any man that tells you to come to his house, especially if he is not a close relative, is simply suggesting activities that goes beyond eating , talking and watching movies and hanging out. And if the girl agrees, in the man's mind, she has agreed to take part in those activities.
How many men will not try to get fresh with a lady when they are alone in his house? Biko, let me hear word. They should just accept the fact, and no decent or sensible young lady will want to visit a man alone. Too risky!
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by mekonglobal(m): 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
Timbuktou:
Nigerian women are becoming sick jokes en masse. What exactly is the point of going on a date with a bunch of women who have decided to feast to their hearts' content at the expense of their male companion? What exactly is a date meant to achieve in the scheme of things? You want to go to an impressive restaurant to 'assess' whether the guy is good enough for your time, at his expense.
No, my brothers would rather cut to the chase and if you're not coming to his place, it's on to the next one. There's really not much sense in wooing today's Nigerian woman. It. Is. All. About. The. Money. We now live in an era of 'no romance without finance'. Why should I woo you when all you're after is the money? You can swerve if you want to eat at Barcelos.

Secondly, whether there's a date or you've been invited to his house at first invite, there's no good intentions. He wants to lay you. Stop acting like a trip to a posh restaurant will suddenly wipe out sexual fantasies about you. Or maybe you're saying it's only ok to have those sexual fantasies after you've been wined and dined?

In conclusion, the 'come to my house dynamic' is mostly a move to economise the expenditure of time and other resources considering the margin of success/lack of.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by 9jauk: 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
Them days I will organise for a nice prey,scrap ice in freezer run milk on it sprinkle sugar on it,Ice cream done set,me while my ac Don they on for my Room remove the pant grab my Gold circle begin dey finger .my little diary 15years ago lol
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
softysparky:
Wow! Actually good old days when we had men with good morals, I prefer visiting them at home. No money will be wasted and it helps me know exactly the kind of person I am dealing with.
You should come visit me soon. wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by noblegrex: 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
I've. Never seen pretenders like women in this country Nigeria. I hate all this ish about men this men that, men men men is this writer saying women are holy or what.I believe my guys in the house will agree with me that its difficult to violet a virgin.I guess u understand n we men r no fools. ladies should search their lives n knw their own flows, all they want is money n nowadays 4 u to c a good or d so called decent lady,:hmm u go sweat.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by IamforGod: 11:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
milliondollas:

Id!oot!!! So becos a girl is. Not a Virgin she should open her leg to every tom d!ck. And harry

Think before talking and consider d female folks in ur family cos am sure some of dem are worse than. Prostitutes dem be. Oshio free

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
otunsman:
Inviting a lady home as dates is to show that he is not hiding anything from her.Some ladies take a date into another dimension.They see it as an Avenue to eat whatever the like notwithstanding his financial status.She may even invite her friends along to drill his cash.But when she come to his house he can take malt digestive biscuits on credit from iya basira that sells provision and pay later.What is even wrong if he demand sex as it's being assume by most ladies?Afterall ,it's part of dating process.
Wud u give same advice to ur sisters
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by henryuzor(m): 11:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
The fact of the matter is that the culture of going out on a date is a borrowed culture from the whites...and mind you over there when you ask a lady out on a date and she obliges you,it is not the guy who foots the bill of both of them....the guy will pay for his bill and the lady pays for hers,but here in Nigeria and this part of the world,the Lady will shift that responsibility to the man and many of them will still not be decent enough to be moderate in their orders....so why won't a Nigerian man just go straight and invite the lady to his house and if he gets down with her fine,if not it's also fine because after all the lady can also disappear after one date when she would have ordered heaven and earth for the guy to pay
This is also the same reason why most men in this part of the world don't hold most of our women in high regard cos these days it's all about money for hand,back for ground

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Aniekwe1: 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
9jauk:
Them days I will organise for a nice prey,scrap ice in freezer run milk on it sprinkle sugar on it,Ice cream done set,me while my ac Don they on for my Room remove the pant grab my Gold circle begin dey finger .my little diary 15years ago lol

Nawa shocked
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
AgapeCharis:
You should come visit me soon. wink
If only you promise to be a good boycheesy
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
coogar:
different strokes for different folks....

from my own personal experience, nigerian ladies actually prefer coming to the house than going out to eat somewhere. all those church girls who love doing things behind closed doors would never agree to go out on a date where they can be seen & gossiped about. they would rather chop & clean mouth.

#gbam You sabiiiiiiiiiii wink wink wink cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
softysparky:

If only you promise to be a good boycheesy
You don't trust your guy again?? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Kingbilo(m): 11:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
angieberry:

I have a friend who almost got raped because of this.. I'm struggling on advice to give sef. Police useless as usual and everyone is telling her to keep quiet and move on. But she's really distressed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Help My Husband Is Addicted To Pornography And Masturbation / My Marriage On The Brink Of Crashing, Experienced People Needed Now. / How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.