Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:17 PM

15 Facts You Must Know About Diabetes ( MUST READ ) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 15 Facts You Must Know About Diabetes ( MUST READ ) (1773 Views)

Skin Bleaching: 6 Facts You Must Know Before You Start!!! / 7 Facts About Your Breasts You Must Know! / 12 Fascinating health facts YOU must know to get healthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Facts You Must Know About Diabetes ( MUST READ ) by Whizzcute(m): 6:58am On Jun 19, 2015
I guess you must heard about diabetes and
it’s inter-relatonship with blood sugar or
glucose and insulin?

I know you must have heard about the forms
of diabetes and it’s varying symptoms?.

This article will give you more than enough
facts you should know as diabetic patient or
as a person who wish not acquire diabetes.

1. Diabetes is the main cause of blindness in
adults.

2. Adults who have diabetes are exposed to
the risk of getting heart diseases by 2-4
times higher than adults who don’t have it.

3. Type 2 diabetes generally have no
symptoms.

4. Diabetes during pregnancy (gestational
diabetes) stops after pregrancy,but the victim
has a higher risk of getting Type 2 diabetes in
future.

5. 1/3 of diabetic patients still dont know
they have diabetes.

6. Diabetes occurs when blood sugar
increases after meal with lack of insulin to
break it down.

7. About 5% of all diabetic patients has type 1
diabetes,while about 90% has Type 2.

8. There are 3 main forms of diabetes, Type
1 , Type 2 and gestational diabetes.

9. Type 2 can be conveniently prevented
based on your body fitness,which can be
achieved by eating balanced diet, doing
physical excercises and moderating your
weight.

10. Type 1 diabetes occurs when an
immune reaction or reponse destroys the
Pancreas,when this happens ,insulin will not
be produced again .

11. Type 2 diabetes occurs when there is a
sort of resistance between the body tissues
and insulin.

12. More risk factors that can make you
diabetic includes high blood pressure,
obesity, physically inactive, high cholesterol,
having a family that has diabetes in history
etc.

13. Diabetic patients are 2x likely to suffer
depression.

14. Diabetic patients can still take
carbohydrate but in a controlled quantity.

15. Diabetes can retard the functions of the
kidney by destroying the blood cells in the
kidney .

CONCLUSION

Stay free from diabetes today by eating good
and balanced diet, do a lot of physical
excercise, maintain your body weight and
control your blood sugar levels.

cc lalasticala

https://xclusivhealth./2015/06/19/15-facts-you-may-not-know-about-diabetes/#more-117

1 Like

Re: 15 Facts You Must Know About Diabetes ( MUST READ ) by yuncka: 7:53am On Jun 19, 2015
wow, thank you so much for sharing... this is a nice write up....

MODS I beg you to move this to front page.. this is highly educational. it musnt be Tonto or PMB before it gets to frontpage. angry
Re: 15 Facts You Must Know About Diabetes ( MUST READ ) by Whizzcute(m): 8:06am On Jun 19, 2015
yuncka:
wow, thank you so much for sharing... this is a nice write up....

MODS I beg you to move this to front page.. this is highly educational. it musnt be Tonto or PMB before it gets to frontpage. angry

Help me tell dem o
Re: 15 Facts You Must Know About Diabetes ( MUST READ ) by willi926(m): 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2015
an uncle of mine died of this disease last week Sunday. may his soul r.I.p. amen
Re: 15 Facts You Must Know About Diabetes ( MUST READ ) by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
Diabetes, most especially type 2, is becoming very rampant these days. Young folks are really coming down with this disease and the reasons are not far fetched. Please, up your physical activity today, hit the gym or perform light exercises in your compound at home. Minimize your intake of sugary drinks as well as foods heavily laden with carbs. For our ladies out there, abeg moderate your consumption of "sharwama", burger, pizza, fried chicken, chips, suya. For your mind you think say na d guy u dey do but u know no say na urself go still feel am later.
STAY ALIVE.
WHEN YOU ARE HEALTHY, YOU ARE WEALTHY

2 Likes

Re: 15 Facts You Must Know About Diabetes ( MUST READ ) by moneytreeteam: 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
Prevention is always better than cure
We have 20 Million Nigerians who are Diabetic! Based on the African diet, diabetes is predicted to become an epidemic in a few more years. The cost of management is high, the drugs are not curative.

Loetue still remains the Best preventive invention for Diabetics. Every home needs it. Every individual needs it, especially Conscious youths who take all sorts.

Re: 15 Facts You Must Know About Diabetes ( MUST READ ) by gynny(f): 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2016
Depression symptoms is not a weakness but a disorder that can be treated so you can live a meaningful live. Click to read more on depression and lots more..
http://gigihealth.com/depression-depression-symptoms-treatments/
Re: 15 Facts You Must Know About Diabetes ( MUST READ ) by Maxswitch1: 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2016
If you are in need of treatment for CVA's, diabetics and hypertensives and begin a journey of towards total wellness, contact me on 08025381828, 07017719618
Re: 15 Facts You Must Know About Diabetes ( MUST READ ) by evanvick: 11:02am On Apr 11, 2020
One of the early signs of diabetes is excess urination. I am not asking you but I am telling this because I was once a victim. It all started with every one and half hour urination and before I could actually know what was going on I was slimming down at the fastest race. I don't want to lie to anyone but I must confess that all through these periods I did not go for test. I just believe that I am faced with diabetes. You might be wondering why he did not go for test; yes I did not go for test because I believe drugs do repairs and destroy the other side of the body. That was just my belief. Though I use to try some self medications which had some adverse reactions on me and I had to stop them because it does more harm than good.
To cut the whole the story short, today I am totally fine. People that kept mute when I was sick are already complimenting me. I am so happy now.
I know you are wondering how it happened. Na God my dear Nigerians. Just with as little as #5000 I stormed into a herb and a seed that turned things around for me. Today I don't urinate more than six times in a every 24hrs. Doctors has proven that there is no cure for this ailment but God has proven them wrong. I am a testimony to it.
I am writing this article to those facing this same issue to reach me. God did it for me and I believe same will apply to your own case. You can call me 08134556352.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: 15 Facts You Must Know About Diabetes ( MUST READ ) by 2020Abby: 6:44pm On May 16, 2020
T

(1) (Reply)

Cure Hepatitis The Natural Way / Reason Why Nigeria Girls Are Dieing For Big Penis / First Private Certified Covid 19 Center Open In Nnewi, Anambra State (photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.