Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,355 members, 7,780,952 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:16 AM

19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior (23165 Views)

World Sickle Cell Day / June 19th: World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day / University Of Ibadan Discovers Cure For Sickle Cell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2015
lepasharon:
I have Sickle cell. What I want to know is why are we always slim? I also want to gain weight can anyone help with tips

Well, I don't know why most warriors just have small stature but am not slim o n am not small too
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Dahjhi: 8:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
lepasharon:
I have Sickle cell. What I want to know is why are we always slim? I also want to gain weight can anyone help with tips
bushdoc9919, abali1 any help for this damsel? #StayAlive #KeepSurviving
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by JoeCutie(m): 8:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
treasuremabel:

Well, I don't know why most warriors just have small stature but am not slim o n am not small too
You're small jor tongue grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 19, 2015
lepasharon:

Well.....first of all check if you are at normal weight by calculating your Body mass index. using this calculator...(Link below)

BMI Online Calculator

If your BMI is between 18-24...don't worry, you are of normal weight.

If your BMI is 17 and under...you may be underweight.

Some healthy ways you can gain extra weight are listed here...Healthy Ways to Gain Weight

But , basically, it is all about image. Some people might envy you for being slim.(I have seen one or two ladies starving themselves to stay bone thin in my work as a doc....including one who was in denial.).Whatever your weight is...so long as it is healthy weight...you are all OK. Don't worry about it, and eat healthy.....and do not use steroids or any ''weight gain supplement''.
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by herald9: 8:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
Dahjhi:
Welcome to my world bro... #ProudlyWarrior smiley
awwww... All this while I didn't know. sad

Keep up the fight bro.
May your weapons always fire with precision.

And may you never run out of ammunition.

smiley

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 19, 2015
JoeCutie:
You're small jor tongue grin

You know I won't agree to that right? grin
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Dahjhi: 8:49pm On Jun 19, 2015
herald9:

awwww... All this while I didn't know. sad

Keep up the fight bro.
May your weapons always fire with precision.

And may you never run out of ammunition.

smiley
Lol... Its Okay... It makes me a better person im telling you.. That's me for you oo..
Thanks bro
Amen n Amen smiley

1 Like

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by JoeCutie(m): 8:58pm On Jun 19, 2015
treasuremabel:

You know I won't agree to that right? grin
Yeah, I know, but you it wouldn't matter so much to me, right? grin
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
JoeCutie:
Yeah, I know, but you it wouldn't matter so much to me, right? grin

Wouldn't matter so much to you right? OK, heard you, (fake bestie) tongue
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by JoeCutie(m): 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2015
treasuremabel:

Wouldn't matter so much to you right? OK, heard you, (fake bestie) tongue
I'm sorry I'm not romantic, but it's not my fault. Shebi all the Nigerian girls claim that Nigerian men are not romantic? Una never see anything. tongue grin

3 Likes

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 19, 2015
JoeCutie:
I'm sorry I'm not romantic, but it's not my fault. Shebi all the Nigerian girls claim that Nigerian men are not romantic? Una never see anything. tongue grin

See me see trouble o did I say anything like romantic now? Oh you are thinking of being romantic? Hehehehehe so sweet tongue tongue tongue
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by JoeCutie(m): 9:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
treasuremabel:

See me see trouble o did I say anything like romantic now? Oh you are thinking of being romantic? Hehehehehe so sweet tongue tongue tongue
I've touched you where you like it abi? I know. grin

1 Like

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
JoeCutie:
I've touched you where you like it abi? I know. grin

Go joor. (Fake bestie)
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by JoeCutie(m): 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2015
treasuremabel:

Go joor. (Fake bestie)
I'm the China bestie? No hard feelings. grin

Who's the real bestie by the way? smiley

1 Like

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Akposy(m): 9:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
Dahjhi:
Before I read.. I'm joining the campaign..

Nlanders: Let's roll it..

It's the Sickle Cell Awareness Day!
Simply put, sickle cell anaemia is a hereditary genetic disease, which got its
name from the crescent-shaped red blood cells. These cells, instead of moving
freely through the blood vessels, tend to stick to the sides or walls of the blood
vessels thereby resulting in blockages. In the short term, it can cause severe
pains or infections while its long term consequences could be organ damage,
strokes and early deaths.
¤We advocate for investments in finding effective treatments that will cripple
this genetic disease as well as affordable care acts for the “Sickle Cell Warriors''.
With the right information about its management, people living with the
disorder can stay healthy and live long.

Why not join the Campaign and prevent the death of a100,000 infant every year
from the disease... and 40million Nigerians with the genetic disorder?

Take a selfie with these inscription;I am (Your name) I support a #SickleCell free
generation!

[size=18pt] #LeaveTheSympathy #SupportTheAwaereness #ASickleCellFreeNation #TheSurvivingSpirit .. #TeamWarriors[/size]
2pic: My copy

Ymodulus
Patrickdarlins
Abali1
Mizmycoli
Priscaoge
Aridsexy
Tallesty1
Naijaboiy
Emusmith
Flawles
Davep
Agarawu23
TomFrench SNAZZY5050 FLOW1759 ADEMOLADEJI AYIMA WENSON SWAGGAVILLAGE SCENTMARLC AKPOSY JARIZOD FREEMANAN AGARAWU23 LEKINZ IAMSYNORD MEDORADO SOSIQDUDE LAMISPACo KIZMARTY JAYHANS WARRIBOY21 AFUYE RAPLAWD TOLZEAL Iamkingzlee Topahz Twaci Raplawd blebleswag and all

Cc: Lalasticlala
Ishilove

I am Ogbe Samuel (Akposy) and I support a #SickleCell free
generation!

May God give us the grace and wisdom to eradicate this ailment. It is well
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 19, 2015
JoeCutie:
I'm the China bestie? No hard feelings. grin

Who's the real bestie by the way? smiley

Shey you didn't know in?
You know the answer to that
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by JoeCutie(m): 9:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
treasuremabel:

Shey you didn't know in?
You know the answer to that
I don't; could you please, tell me? smiley
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 19, 2015
JoeCutie:
I don't; could you please, tell me? smiley

No I wont tongue
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by JoeCutie(m): 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2015
treasuremabel:

No I wont tongue
Please? embarassed
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2015
JoeCutie:
Please? embarassed

Thought you said you can't be romantic?
I find begging romantic tongue tongue tongue grin

Its mum joor cheesy smiley
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by JoeCutie(m): 9:42pm On Jun 19, 2015
treasuremabel:

Thought you said you can't be romantic?
I find begging romantic tongue tongue tongue grin

Its mum joor cheesy smiley
I'm not romantic, but I can 'form' it just to get what I want. grin

1 Like

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
JoeCutie:
I'm not romantic, but I can 'form' it just to get what I want. grin

Uhm 4110.
Have heard but just know I won't listen next time o tongue undecided
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by lekinz(m): 10:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
Dahjhi:
Before I read.. I'm joining the campaign..

Nlanders: Let's roll it..

It's the Sickle Cell Awareness Day!
Simply put, sickle cell anaemia is a hereditary genetic disease, which got its
name from the crescent-shaped red blood cells. These cells, instead of moving
freely through the blood vessels, tend to stick to the sides or walls of the blood
vessels thereby resulting in blockages. In the short term, it can cause severe
pains or infections while its long term consequences could be organ damage,
strokes and early deaths.
¤We advocate for investments in finding effective treatments that will cripple
this genetic disease as well as affordable care acts for the “Sickle Cell Warriors''.
With the right information about its management, people living with the
disorder can stay healthy and live long.

Why not join the Campaign and prevent the death of a100,000 infant every year
from the disease... and 40million Nigerians with the genetic disorder?

Take a selfie with these inscription;I am (Your name) I support a #SickleCell free
generation!

[size=18pt] #LeaveTheSympathy #SupportTheAwaereness #ASickleCellFreeNation #TheSurvivingSpirit .. #TeamWarriors[/size]
2pic: My copy

Ymodulus
Patrickdarlins
Abali1
Mizmycoli
Priscaoge
Aridsexy
Tallesty1
Naijaboiy
Emusmith
Flawles
Davep
Agarawu23
TomFrench SNAZZY5050 FLOW1759 ADEMOLADEJI AYIMA WENSON SWAGGAVILLAGE SCENTMARLC AKPOSY JARIZOD FREEMANAN AGARAWU23 LEKINZ IAMSYNORD MEDORADO SOSIQDUDE LAMISPACo KIZMARTY JAYHANS WARRIBOY21 AFUYE RAPLAWD TOLZEAL Iamkingzlee Topahz Twaci Raplawd blebleswag and all

Cc: Lalasticlala
Ishilove

I am Lekinz
I support a #SickleCellFreeGeneration
Let's do it ... We can make it happen ..
Jah bless !!!
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Amynamerica: 10:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
lepasharon:

You will gain weight and even struggle with weight in time. I used to be really slim but now I'm quite big. Used to be a size 8 now I'm a size 12. Currently pregnant with my second kid. I'm a warrior!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 19, 2015
Just heard the death of a family friend who died yesterday after a battle with sickle cell disease he was just 25 years. RIP SHOLA.
I also know of a church member who is a warrior, she is 60+ and still very agile.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Dahjhi: 10:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
mta003:
Just heard the death of a family friend who died yesterday after a battle with sickle cell disease he was just 25 years. RIP SHOLA.
I also know of a church member who is a warrior, she is 60+ and still very agile.
Eyah... RIP SHOLA... Small time e dey follow me bear name sha.. #TeamWarriors
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by tabontabon: 10:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
Your doctor can only tell you to stay away from blood tonics containing iron to prevent iron overloads. Multivitamins like ASTYMIN are ok. NOTE: there is also ASTYFER that contains iron & not good for SS.
Picomon:

Doc told me to stay away from blood tonic and that it affects d b marrow.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by yubarbs(m): 10:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
DankemzI:
I don't know much about sickle cell I've never encountered any one with before!
@Op fight on, you're a warrior. Though I don't have a clue what you're talking about......

******it's something u don't even wish for ur enemies.... I mean the crisis n pain is a horrible experience...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by tabontabon: 10:46pm On Jun 19, 2015
Leem,if You Are so sure of your parents GENOTYPE,then go for a DNA test,it Will Clear Your Doubts. I dont mean to insult you or your parents but their is something they are hiding from you. The key to your genotype mismatch lies with your parents.
Leem4:
Also a warrior, my parents are AC and AA . But am SC, God see me through

2 Likes

Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by Dahjhi: 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2015
tabontabon:
Leem,if You Are so sure of your parents GENOTYPE,then go for a DNA test,it Will Clear Your Doubts. I dont mean to insult you or your parents but their is something they are hiding from you. The key to your genotype mismatch lies with your parents.

#WORD FOR REAL
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by bman2003: 11:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
hello warriors! God keep you guys strong. I have heard of a drug that's made in Nigeria for sickle cell anaemia, and its called Solamin. A friend of mine uses it, and she says it really helps her against crisis. I dont knw if any of y'all have tried it and can shed light on it.....God bless
Re: 19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior by BigBen10: 1:11am On Jun 20, 2015
bodashee:
Today I take a stand of solidarity with all our brothers and sisters living with Sickle Cell across the world. The world must understand that these in these beautiful souls lie the greatest measure of strength known to man. They are not Sicklers. They are Warriors.

errmmm sister. you are pretty.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wife & Others Have Abandoned Me – Man With Swollen Stomach / COVID-19: CFL To Release 20-Minute Result Oriented Test Kit Into Nigerian Market / Coronavirus: Cure In Sight As Australian Scientists Recreate Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.