Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. - Politics (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. (64417 Views)

Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja / Biafra: Igbos Want To Reconolize South-South-waziri Ringim / Breaking News!!! 2 Dead As Rivers Indigenes And Pro Biafra Igbos Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by belzabull(f): 10:32am On Jul 04, 2015
dinachi:

Every tribe in Nigeria can lay claim to being maltreated and marginalized in Nigeria and they would be very correct the only difference is that my brother the Igbo always want to leave the federation.
Now check this out:

MKO Abiola a Yoruba man was denied the presidency when it was very glaring that he won! Did the Yoruba pull out of Nigeria? No

In 1966 Jan a coup led mostly by Igbos and a few Yoruba ended up killing mostly Northern leaders, their southern counterparts were either tipped off to run away or not harmed at all.
Did the north pull out of Nigeria? No.

Niger Delta people have been crying against exploitation and marginalization since the sixties. Did they pull away from Nigeria? No. Rather they waited until fortune smiled on them and one of theirs emerged the President of Nigeria.

The only people crying about leaving are our people the Igbo, why?
The ND have only been crying about land exploitation and soil degradation and rightly so.

The SE have been crying about marginalisation and lack of federal presence. Now let me test your rationality further.

Every region in the country has 6 states (some 7 in the case of NE) except SE with only 5, why?, any justifiable reason?

A SE student writes post UME/JAMB and is given 250 as cut off mark, (highest in federation)but a northerner writes same exam and their cut off mark is 120, why? why the discrepancy/ discrimination?

FG proposed 3R's post civil war, 45 years and counting I have not seen reconstruction, neither have i seen reconciliation nor rehabilitation. why the lack of FG presence? why the neglect?

Can you now see the grievances? Compatriots been treated like second class citizens

Who is afraid of EQUITY, JUSTICE and FAIRNESS??. Give me these three and I will die for Nigeria. Anything less, the country remains a sham, unity will continue to elude us and clamour for self determination will continue to gather momentum.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by fx45(m): 11:24am On Jul 04, 2015
dinachi:

Luckily, many Igbo men and women will never back this Biafra madness. So your little dream will collapse woefully again!
The only problem is that this silly agitation will continue to make other tribes suspicious of the Igbo mans political agenda and therefore a dream of a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction pushed further away.
I'm more interested in a successful Biafra than in any zoo presidency. Who cares about what happens in the zoo? Nobody is pushing for war... We're headed towards a referendum and that would be the decider. A referendum would tell whether the majority is in support of Biafra or not.

I wonder why you're so desperately uncomfortable with the prospects of an emerging Biafra. This feeling of insecurity by the Yoruba nation as regards a successful breakaway by Biafra is disgusting. You guys need to get a life!

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 1:35am On Jul 05, 2015
belzabull:
The ND have only been crying about land exploitation and soil degradation and rightly so.

The SE have been crying about marginalisation and lack of federal presence. Now let me test your rationality further.

Every region in the country has 6 states (some 7 in the case of NE) except SE with only 5, why?, any justifiable reason?

A SE student writes post UME/JAMB and is given 250 as cut off mark, (highest in federation)but a northerner writes same exam and their cut off mark is 120, why? why the discrepancy/ discrimination?

FG proposed 3R's post civil war, 45 years and counting I have not seen reconstruction, neither have i seen reconciliation nor rehabilitation. why the lack of FG presence? why the neglect?

Can you now see the grievances? Compatriots been treated like second class citizens

Who is afraid of EQUITY, JUSTICE and FAIRNESS??. Give me these three and I will die for Nigeria. Anything less, the country remains a sham, unity will continue to elude us and clamour for self determination will continue to gather momentum.
There is nowhere in the world you get equity, justice and fairness! You can quote me.
Discrepancy in Jamb scores is not only about south east alone the issue involves the whole of south versus north. The idea is to help the north educationally. Personally, I see it as good. We are putting our best brains forward while they are putting their worst.
Okay let's say the three Rs have not been implemented. Is is by going to another war that you achieve that?
Yes we have five states. But why are other regions that have six states not agitating to have seven like the northwest?
Again is it by agitating for Biafra that we get one more state?

My point is that if we do the agitation a consciously and effectively within Nigeria, we will get ,most if not all these things mentioned above
But the moment we start agitating for Biafra, every other regions will loose their patience with us and because of suspicion undermine our interests.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 1:40am On Jul 05, 2015
fx45:
I'm more interested in a successful Biafra than in any zoo presidency. Who cares about what happens in the zoo? Nobody is pushing for war... We're headed towards a referendum and that would be the decider. A referendum would tell whether the majority is in support of Biafra or not.

I wonder why you're so desperately uncomfortable with the prospects of an emerging Biafra. This feeling of insecurity by the Yoruba nation as regards a successful breakaway by Biafra is disgusting. You guys need to get a life!
Again the business man Nnamdi KANU has done his work too well on you!
But the clown you call the director of radio Biafra is busy clamouring for war.
Have we started the process of referendum by first withdrawing all our people from all Nigerian government positions?
Referendum do not just happen.
And I can tell you authoritatively that more than 80% of our people will vote against Biafra.
Mark my words.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by belzabull(f): 6:17am On Jul 05, 2015
dinachi:

There is nowhere in the world you get equity, justice and fairness! You can quote me
Even life isn't fair I know, but when their is a constant deliberate scheming to keep a particular people disadvantaged, then its worrisome

Discrepancy in Jamb scores is not only about south east alone the issue involves the whole of south versus north. The idea is to help the north educationally. Personally, I see it as good. We are putting our best brains forward while they are putting their worst
Whose fault is it that they don't have the best brains after dominating the presidency? If their leaders with all their stolen wealth cant encourage their people educationally, why should another region bear the brunt? The SE has the highest cut off quote me. It is this sort of justification that makes many SE feel want out from the faulty union

Okay let's say the three Rs have not been implemented. Is is by going to another war that you achieve that?
Yes we have five states. But why are other regions that have six states not agitating to have seven like the northwest? Again is it by agitating for Biafra that we get one more state?
We asked for federal project and they gav us boko haram prisoners ..lol. stop being mischievous, nobody is talking of war. Biafra wants to secede peacefully that's why diplomatic steps are being taken to UN etc who recognises the right to self determination. No one is calling for war. The assumption is that if the 'owners' of Nigeria decides to FORCE Igbos to remain, then it MIGHT lead to war.

so you see nothing wrong in having only 5states only? Again its this sort of annoying marginalisation that makes Igbos want out because it only gives credence to the fact that the Igbos are not treated fairly

My point is that if we do the agitation a consciously and effectively within Nigeria, we will get ,most if not all these things mentioned above
But the moment we start agitating for Biafra, every other regions will loose their patience with us and because of suspicion undermine our interests
Our interests has always being undermined so nothing new. The conscious agitation has been on for decades but they are only paying politics and lip service, to the chagrin of many igbos. We are also losing patience with them, so the logical thing to do is address the anomaly then every one will be cool, other wise the mutual suspicion will continue to a logical end

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

France never supported Biafra....
france support biafra
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by nwadiuko1(m): 11:14pm On Jul 16, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Is America homogenous? Canada? Even Russia/the Old Soviet Union?

(Russia today is not homogenous....they have Europeans and Asians)
even America is not as heterogeneous as Nigeria is
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 8:29am On Jul 17, 2015
OreMI22:
[size=15pt]When it comes to BIAFRA, the Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis are the WORST hypocrites.

They bitterly hate the Igbos and indeed the southern minorities and would want them to leave Lagos etc and go stay in their own country!

But in contradiction to their true feelings, they don't want Biafra because they want to perpetuate their right to collect the lion share of the oil resources sourced from the same peoples land, using the bogus criteria they foisted on the country called Nigeria.

Without oil in Igboland and Southern minorities part of Nigeria, Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani would have long seceded from Nigeria. FACT!

I know just like me, many of our people are not 100% convinced Biafra is the answer, while many others already are.

Therefore, we should agitate for a UN sponsored referendum on the Biafra issue .
Northern Ireland fought the British for 30 years for the independence of Northern Ireland, but the referendum proved that majority of the people wanted to stay in the UK. Likewise, the South Sudan's referendum proved majority of South Sudanese wanted to be in their own country.

Therefore, a United Nations sponsored referendum should be the demand to see if majority of our people support independence or to stay in Nigeria.[/size]

[size=18pt]Biafra independence petition:
[/size]

https://www.change.org/p/united-nation-council-of-the--manage-a-referendum-in-nigeria

[size=18pt]Please sign the petition and pass it on ![/size]
Please what are the conditions for a referendum?
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 17, 2015
dinachi:

There is nowhere in the world you get equity, justice and fairness! You can quote me.
Discrepancy in Jamb scores is not only about south east alone the issue involves the whole of south versus north. The idea is to help the north educationally. Personally, I see it as good. We are putting our best brains forward while they are putting their worst.
Yes we have five states. But why are other regions that have six states not agitating to have seven like the northwest?

But the moment we start agitating for Biafra, every other regions will loose their patience with us and because of suspicion undermine our interests.

please how old r u?
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by ahaika23: 9:04am On Jul 17, 2015
over 30million people have signed the online referendum petition and counting!
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by laudate: 12:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
dinachi:

This your post make sense, die! cool Abeg, may God bless you 1,000 times on Sundays, in 5,000 different ways on Mondays.

Collect one bowl of nkwobi, 'isi-ewu' and one chilled bottle, from that waiter. The bill is on the house. Correct guy! wink
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Buike8: 9:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
Biafra is d future 4 d SS and SE. And 4 dose who are skeptical about our development. sit down dey talk trash,e go do u like season film.All we need is for UN to grant a yes and dats all.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Buike8: 10:02pm On Aug 06, 2015
[quote author=pazienza post=35011240]

I am not jobless neither am i a destitute, but any jobless man or destitute that is wise enough to recognize that Republic of Igboland is a must, is more enlightened than the foolish rich man that doesn't know his history, but clings unto illusions of wealth.
Ojukwu father had more investments in the North and SW, yet none of that stopped Ojukwu from leading the battle for Biafra independence, for he knew that none of all those wealth combined can be equal to freedom.
Just because you decided to live in the North or Lagos, does not mean that those of us in the SE are not doing ok. Igboland is the most advanced part of Nigeria, as par human resources and development. https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment
We can do more in an independent republic, free of negative energies of other Nigerian groups. We will deal with our corrupt leaders the Igbo way, free of Abuja influence.

Corruption never stopped any nation from developing. China and US are corrupt nations too, no nation is truly free of corruption.

What stops a nation from developing is when the people that inhabits the nation have no clear cut and defined political ideology, no objectives, no unity and no connection to each other, as a result of lack of shared history, ancestry, culture or language GOD BLESS U

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Rilwayne001: 11:59am On Aug 13, 2015
dinachi:
I feel a deep sense of grief and bewilderment when I read a lot of misguided comments from my Igbo brothers with some calling for a violent secession from Nigeria. Most of the generation of people making these statement never witnessed the civil war. They did not see first hand the horrors of war. They did not experience the terrific impact of bombs or the loud ear splitting sounds of heavy artillery shells as the explode. Should I talk about the economic impact? How our people were reduced to paupers and had to start from the scratch. How beautiful daughters were forcefully torn from the warm embrace of their families and married off to leprous men in the North just to spite our people. Only a mentally deranged and prone to self destruction individual will ever in his life support a violent secession from Nigeria.

Our problem is not secession. Our problem is learning how to live with other tribes in harmony while doing our businesses. Our focus should be on how to build consensus across the nation for vital political interests.

I laugh heartliy when I see some misguided Niger Delta youths like barcanista and co trying to be clever by half by playing to our sense of entitlement. Speaking from both sides of the mouth about how our people are being pushed aside and marginalized.
Yet these are the same people that effectively sabotaged the Biafran struggle under Ojukwu. These are the same people that lead the enemy in through our backyards and betrayed their so called brothers. Now they have started a new song because their brother Jonathan who performed woefully was booted out by majority of Nigerians.

I want us to know sometime that is historical. The moment an attempt is made to secede, the I jaws will immediately turn their backs and negotiate us away to advance their interests. So we will end up alone fighting the whole of Nigeria and loosing again.

When the chips are down, we are always alone.

Another point to consider is that Nigeria has become too intergrated to break up. Almost every family has in laws across their tribe. How will that be handled?

Igbo are the most integrated people in Nigeria with business interests across the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria. Most of our people will become jobless or stay and be killed the moment a secession is declared.

Those who knew the truth will tell you that even inside Biafra there were still serious cases of tribalism and nepotism, even under the revered Ojukwu. That was why ahiara declaration became necessary to tackle these issues.

Finally, we are not ready militarily and would only be engaging in another massive waste of life if we insist on our ways.
So my people do not be deceived! Our best and only bet is to remain as law abiding citizens of Nigeria while doing our best to continue to be relevant in the scheme of things.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu To Convert His House To A Resort In Igbere, Abia (Photos) / Sahara Reporters Insults Jonathan On Twitter (Snapshot) / Senator Elisha Abbo Slaps A Man In His Hometown In Mubi Adamawa (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.