Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,759 members, 7,806,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy (15292 Views)

"When It Comes To Women, Nigerian Men Are The Kings Of Africa" - South African / Miss Anambra Sex Video: Medical Doctor Blasts Nigerians,Explains Their Hypocrisy / Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nihilist: 9:05am On Jun 20, 2015
standd:

He has in no way offended you.

Maybe not....but there are better ways to make his point, that don't involve the phrase "Ignore the Nihilist"
Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 20, 2015
Nihilist:

Maybe not....but there are better ways to make his point, that don't involve the phrase "Ignore the Nihilist"

He is right.. You think this subject is something to be goofy about and that's really sad.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 20, 2015
Teespice:

if they talk, the so called alpha males would be on their case like white on rice.

Francis tony is an example.

but you are right. their silence is taken for approval.

FrancisTony is a thorn in their flesh and these men actually endorse and encourage all the injustice being done to women. The pathetic part is, their mothers and sisters are not being left out, they just don't know it.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Teespice(f): 9:17am On Jun 20, 2015
standd:

FrancisTony is a thorn in their flesh and these men actually endorse and encourage all the injustice being done to women. The pathetic part is, their mothers and sisters are not being left out, they just don't know it.

I wonder what happened to saying things as it is without being labelled a sissy.

like someone would say, take what is said on nairaland on face value.

if there is one thing I am certain of, it's the fact that those who portray themselves as lions online are mice in reality.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nihilist: 9:27am On Jun 20, 2015
standd:

He is right.. You think this subject is something to be goofy about and that's really sad.

I am not being goofy about the subject at all.

I have so far pointed out that

1. Sex with young girls is not limited to Nigerian men alone as several countries in Europe have age-of -consent laws allowing girls as young as 12 the freedom to have intercourse

2.I have also pointed out that Slut shaming and Sexual Violence is not limited to Nigerian men...or Nigerian women for that matter. Men and Women all over the world are equally capable of, and go on to commit the very same crimes you've castigated Nigerian men for.

You've clearly chosen to ignore these salient points, instead looking for more sympathetic posts and posters.

If you want to have a decent discussion about this, I think you're going about it entirely the wrong way, and it's kind of hard to take the essay serious, when it's author has her head firmly buried in sand.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 20, 2015
Nihilist:

1. Sex with young girls is not limited to Nigerian men alone as several countries in Europe have age-of -consent laws allowing girls as young as 12 the freedom to have intercourse

2.I have also pointed out that Slut shaming and Sexual Violence is not limited to Nigerian men...or Nigerian women for that matter. Men and Women all over the world are equally capable of, and go on to commit the very same crimes you've castigated Nigerian men for.

You've clearly chosen to ignore these salient points, instead looking for more sympathetic posts and posters.

If you want to have a decent discussion about this, I think you're going about it entirely the wrong way, and it's kind of hard to take the essay serious, when it's author has her head firmly buried in sand.

Ok...
The bones up there could be one of yours someday, then it will dawn on you.

BTW, let me bury my head in sand, we have heard over and over again that women are SLUTS, you don't need to tell me more. I know.

All I am here to say is that MEN are HYPOCRITES.

Do you understand now?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by bukatyne(f): 9:31am On Jun 20, 2015
cococandy:

Exactly.
It makes their silence look like implied approval.

And How do we know it is not implied approval?

Some people will secretly cheer others doing want they can't.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 20, 2015
Nihilist:

Of course, they are not limited to Nigerian men however what i think standd is trying to point out to us is that the reason most Nigerian women are sluts today is mainly because of Nigerian men. I totally agree with her on that note. Hence it is hypocritical of Nigerian men to slut shame Nigerian women. In Europe for example they have an effective legal system which is clearly absent in Nigeria and so far based on my own experiences and observations. It is highly likely we have more cases of sexual abuse in Nigeria and other developing countries than the developed countries.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by bukatyne(f): 9:41am On Jun 20, 2015
@Standd:

Excellent as usual

Truth is any Nigerian woman daft enough to program her life due to What men say has herself to blame

Nigeria is an extremely hypocritical society So men's hypocrisy on women shouldn't be surprising undecided It cuts across board.

I laugh especially When then men say it is their right to cheat; I am sure they are sleeping with ghosts grin

@Women with crab spirit pulling other women down; lucky you... you will get the 'Good wife' medal grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 20, 2015
bukatyne:
@Standd:

Excellent as usual

Truth is any Nigerian woman daft enough to program her life due to What men say has herself to blame

Nigeria is an extremely hypocritical society So men's hypocrisy on women shouldn't be surprising undecided It cuts across board.

I laugh especially When the men say it is their right to cheat; I am sure they are sleeping with ghosts grin

@Women with crab spirit pulling other women down; lucky you... you will get the 'Good wife' medal grin

The 'Good wife' material is even scam cos being a good wife or a good anything for that matter will not stop the HYPOCRITES from treating you bad.

It's such a shame when women join hands to even pull down one another, to them they are gaining points with the men when the men stick together and don't give two bleeps about you..

That's why they are content with calling women names and then goofing around and patting themselves in the back when they misbehave.
If only we will begin to point at rapists and thieves in the society and label them appropriately and for once, we learn to speak out and stop giving these HYPOCRITES the right to trample on us.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:45am On Jun 20, 2015
Nihilist:

I'm sure you can make your 'point' without being offensive.
Especially when your point doesn't actually invalidate mine

My point invalidates yours.

Having sex with someone under 16 (and even 18) anywhere in Europe can still land you in trouble because there can be other factors concerning the maturity of under 18 when it comes to consent.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 20, 2015
Nihilist:
https://www.nairaland.com/2392124/man-sister-arraigned-battery-sodomy

A Nigerian Woman is the co-suspect in this case.

Accusing her sister-in-law of adultery, she held her down, and help shove a beerbottle, and later poured pepper into the victims Vag.
The suspect was aided and abetted by her brother....and her mother

That's slut-shaming, sexual assault and disrespect for women all at the same time....committed by two women

I didn't even have to dig around obscure sources to find this article...it's on the front page on this very site, this very morning. Fresh off the press.

At least one thing is clear from the article though, the female suspects believe in equal rights and opportunity to batter and sexually assault other women. They are the ultimate feminists. grin

Good morning Standd

I have a story for you

I had this argument with some guys about the word 'bitch'. I can't remember ever using it and I stopped listening to music that contains that term. I was chastising the men for using that term, in their defence they replied that women also call one another bitches. I agreed with them however I pointed out that it was still their fault. It is psychology, when you repeat something is used and repeated over and over again- you will fail to see the big deal with it.

Women have been conditioned to see other women as sluts if they acted in certain way and generally being a 'slut' carries a burden heavier than being a playerboy, even the strong and independent women prima facie would initially refer to another woman as a slut before realising their mistake (I am glad to announce that I have broken that jinx grin). Therefore it is still your fault.
Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by babygirlfl: 9:54am On Jun 20, 2015
standd,

This is beautiful. I love it. I think you write very well. Well done.

I understand very well everything you wrote as you made it very clear for us but I would like to highlight one thing. I agree with cococandy that we should also acknowledge the good men by using most instead of Nigerian men to give the good men recognition.

To add to your points, I would like to say women have a greater part to play in stopping these horrible practices against women. I cannot emphasis this enough. While it is always a breadth of fresh air to read men who are against these practices, we have to know that such men are not many because the men are enjoying things as it is now and are going to fight to keep things as they are. It is women that are affected and it is women that should be doing much of the work. It is women that should be saying enough is enough. Women have said enough is enough in the past and something happened. It used to be common practice to drink the water from the corpse of a dead husband and have the wife's hair shaven with whatever sharp objects they wanted to use, some women said No and that was how the number of those practicing these started reducing. It was not easy for these women to say No but they did and that act of theirs have saved many women from going through the same thing. It is left for us women of today to do something that our own children will remember us for. All these are the reason why most work I do in my quest for gender equality is done on women. Women are the ones to teach men how to love them not society.

I absolutely love your quote below. I will also add that any woman who rubbish another woman to look cool was never cool in the first place.

And I know women are also to blame for most of these, yes! When women in their petty jealousies and pettiness can not stand together to right a lot of wrongs, when women also label themselves with stupid names just to gain points with the male folks... NEWS FLASH! Hey gal, when you rubbish a woman like you just so the men will think you are cool, it's pathetic cos men don't see you as cool, they see you as stupid and petty. Comprende? Have you ever heard of the girls code..of course not sister!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by unlimitedbosco: 10:13am On Jun 20, 2015
It funny how u chose to generalize in in a piece that chose to discourage generalization of women. Ur piece hold some truth but look around u. honestly the use of women for sexual appeal in advertisements. watch musical video in nigeria and u see the problem why women are easily considered those hateful names people call them. Women should learn to ignore names that people get to call them because they are succesful. men are called names but they chose to ignore it and women should learn to forget hateful names just dezani and stella

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nihilist: 10:19am On Jun 20, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

My point invalidates yours.

Having sex with someone under 16 (and even 18) anywhere in Europe can still land you in trouble because there can be other factors concerning the maturity of under 18 when it comes to consent.

How does it invalidate mine?

It's simple.

Is it possible to legally have sex with girls under 15 in some countries in Europe? The answer is a resounding YES.

Of course there are technicalities that cause such an act to be deemed illegal in some cases...just as are there are technicalities that legalise a homicide in self-defence and criminalise it in Murder.

So your point is?
Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nihilist: 10:21am On Jun 20, 2015
Insidous:

I have a story for you

I had this argument with some guys about the word 'bitch'. I can't remember ever using it and I stopped listening to music that contains that term. I was chastising the men for using that term, in their defence they replied that women also call one another bitches. I agreed with them however I pointed out that it was still their fault. It is psychology, when you repeat something is used and repeated over and over again- you will fail to see the big deal with it.

Women have been conditioned to see other women as sluts if they acted in certain way and generally being a 'slut' carries a burden heavier than being a playerboy, even the strong and independent women prima facie would initially refer to another woman as a slut before realising their mistake (I am glad to announce that I have broken that jinx grin). Therefore it is still your fault.

And your proof that the criminal rapist feminist suspects in the article have been conditioned by music is?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 20, 2015
Nihilist:

And your proof that the criminal rapist feminist suspects in the article have been conditioned by music is?

Forget it, I was mistaken. You are thicker than I had assumed you to be
Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:24am On Jun 20, 2015
Nihilist:

How does it invalidate mine?

It's simple.

Is it possible to legally have sex with girls under 15 in some countries in Europe? The answer is a resounding YES.

Of course there are technicalities that cause such an act to be deemed illegal in some cases...just as are there are technicalities that legalise a homicide in self-defence and criminalise it in Murder.

So your point is?

No. Not if you're an adult. Two 14 year olds can have sex but not an adult and a 14 year old.

Even if the child is 17, the mother/father can claim that the sex wasn't consentual and you'd find yourself in jail.

So please, do not try nonsense in Europe.
Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nihilist: 10:45am On Jun 20, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

No. Not if you're an adult. Two 14 year olds can have sex but not an adult and a 14 year old.

Even if the child is 17, the mother/father can claim that the sex wasn't consentual and you'd find yourself in jail.

So please, do not try nonsense in Europe.

Your ignorance is outstanding.

In Spain the legal age of consent is 13(Though this goes up to 16 next month). The only caveat to this is if the adult was found to have used 'deception' to gain an advantage with the minor. That's a link to the Spanish penal code dealing in sexual harrasment. Help yourself.

http://noticias.juridicas.com/base_datos/Penal/lo10-1995.l2t8.html#c2

In Italy...The age of consent is 14 (and can be reduced to 13 as long as the partner is not more than 3 years older)
Link to Italian penal code below. Google translate will assist you
http://www.diritto.it/codici/titolo/75-codice-penale-dei-delitti-contro-la-persona

As with all cases of sex, there are conditions that determine it's legality. I'm sure you don't think sex with a 21 year old is illegal, simply because in some cases(non-consenting) it can be deemed illegal.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nihilist: 10:47am On Jun 20, 2015
Insidous:

Forget it, I was mistaken. You are thicker than I had assumed you to be

Insidous you just said that some women are conditioned by music to be sexually violent.

I'm asking you what proof you have that the women in that article listen to such music.

Why am I thick? And why wont you answer the question?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 20, 2015
Nihilist:

Insidous you just said that some women are conditioned by music to be sexually violent.

I'm asking you what proof you have that the women in that article listen to such music.

Why am I thick? And why wont you answer the question?

You are thick

PS: I never said that, read again
Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 20, 2015
angieberry:
Deep, very deep!

Wheew!
Very deep indeed...i've taken lots of
deep breath,still I'm confused
where to start from.

Personally, I sit and wonder how our society became this sour.
I'll point no accusing finger but I must confess,this all boils down to our society and our corrupted mindset.

I support none of these gender inequalities and bias relationship with others.I fear for our generation, we've got alot to work on .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 20, 2015
On a lighter note
"Some men blame girls who wear skimpy clothes and get raped, very soon, they will be blaming the 3months old toddlers who get defiled for not tightening their diapers very well..."

Staaaaand kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 11:02am On Jun 20, 2015
Nihilist:

Your ignorance is outstanding.

In Spain the legal age of consent is 13(Though this goes up to 16 next month). The only caveat to this is if the adult was found to have used 'deception' to gain an advantage with the minor. That's a link to the Spanish penal code dealing in sexual harrasment. Help yourself.

http://noticias.juridicas.com/base_datos/Penal/lo10-1995.l2t8.html#c2

In Italy...The age of consent is 14 (and can be reduced to 13 as long as the partner is not more than 3 years older)
Link to Italian penal code below. Google translate will assist you
http://www.diritto.it/codici/titolo/75-codice-penale-dei-delitti-contro-la-persona

As with all cases of sex, there are conditions that determine it's legality. I'm sure you don't think sex with a 21 year old is illegal, simply because in some cases(non-consenting) it can be deemed illegal.

13 + 3 =16.

And you make my point for me; "deception" is a very wide term. Haven't you noticed that the law about "deception" only applies in underage (under 18) sex?

So, in short, anytime you have sex with an under 18 in Europe, your actions are not exactly legal.
Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 20, 2015
unlimitedbosco:
It funny how u chose to generalize in in a piece that chose to discourage generalization of women. Ur piece hold some truth but look around u. honestly the use of women for sexual appeal in advertisements. watch musical video in nigeria and u see the problem why women are easily considered those hateful names people call them. Women should learn to ignore names that people get to call them because they are succesful. men are called names but they chose to ignore it and women should learn to forget hateful names just dezani and stella

I will drive home the point again:::

NIGERIAN MEN ARE HYPOCRITES

Thank you smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by freecocoa(f): 11:05am On Jun 20, 2015
Weldone standd, beautiful as always.

The hypocrisy in nigeria cannot be found any other place on the planet. While I agree there are good men, I must say there are only a few of them.

The thing is that, it did not start today, it is something that is deeply ingrained in our society, men have a way of agreeing with each other even without saying a word, almost like there's a code amongst them not to call one erring to order, as that will make them appear weak, there's just something I'm yet to understand with men.

A man knows another man is a thief but will keep his mouth shut and call it hustling, talking crap about how it's not easy to be a man, the thief himself has no issues discussing his business with fellow men because he's sure none of them will expose him, just what do you call that? Men are annoyingly hypocritical.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nihilist: 11:06am On Jun 20, 2015
Insidous:

You are thick

PS: I never said that, read again

1.I posted an article highlighting women involved in slut shaming and sexual violence
2.You responded to the article claiming that women have been conditioned to engage in slut shaming
3.You stated that music with misogynist lyrics conditions women into believing that they are bitches, the implication being that a woman who listens to such music is likely to engage in misogynist behaviour.

To me, all of that is an exercise in fallacy and conjecture but, for the sake of discussion, I'll let it pass

That said, there is no evidence that the women in the article listen misogynist music, or were conditioned in anyway. ( Which is why I asked the question in the first place)

Is it so inconceivable, that women are equally as capable of sadistic acts of wickedness to other women?
Is it such a mind blowing idea, to consider that women can also sexually prey on other vulnerable women?
And it's not news that women are also capable of ritualistic killings of adults and children of both sexes...

So why are we focusing on Nigerian men?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by daveP(m): 11:12am On Jun 20, 2015
Hmmmmm(exhales, crosslegs, leans on "thread's entrance" and soliloquizes)
Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nihilist: 11:14am On Jun 20, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

13 + 3 =16.

And you make my point for me; "deception" is a very wide term. Haven't you noticed that the law about "deception" only applies in underage (under 18) sex?

So, in short, anytime you have sex with an under 18 in Europe, your actions are not exactly legal.

How have I made your point for you? grin

The law is clear. In Spain, Consensual sex with a 13 year old is legal with no age restrictions. In Italy, Consensual sex with a 14 year old is legal, whilst consensual sex with a 13 year old has age restrictions.

I've given you links to the legal documents. Help yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by jaybee3(m): 11:16am On Jun 20, 2015
standd:

I will drive home the point again:::

NIGERIAN MEN ARE HYPOCRITES

Thank you smiley
How about the wives, sisters and mothers that harbour them?
Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 20, 2015
freecocoa:
Weldone standd, beautiful as always.

The hypocrisy in nigeria cannot be found any other place on the planet. While I agree there are good men, I must say there are only a few of them.

The thing is that, it did not start today, it is something that is deeply ingrained in our society, men have a way of agreeing with each other even without saying a word, almost like there's a code amongst them not to call one erring to order, as that will make them appear weak, there's just something I'm yet to understand with men.

A man knows another man is a thief but will keep his mouth shut and call it hustling, talking crap about how it's not easy to be a man, the thief himself has no issues discussing his business with fellow men because he's sure none of them will expose him, just what do you call that? Men are annoyingly hypocritical.

They know it, they just don't want to talk about it. They have got each others back, as seen in the guys code. And their senseless fear of being called ninnies when they stand up for women.

You see, we may not win, we may not have respite. But let us begin to call them their names, the same way they label us.

A guy will do something very ridiculous and his mates will keep mute for fear of rebuttal or being kicked out of the pack.

And then the women who are being used, misused and abused still go ahead to seek relevance before the same group of people who abuse them. It is pathetic and sad.

When you find the good ones, respect them but then do NOT let the HYPOCRITES get away with labelling you with all sorts of names when they are even worst.

The society permits them, we permit them because we fear and cower and feel ashamed.

#Very soon, we will evolve and begin to stand up for ourselves, the time is upon us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men And Blatant Hypocrisy by lexy2014: 11:18am On Jun 20, 2015
angieberry:
Deep, very deep!
Hello dear. How was your nite? U shared this post with me. Its quite a long epistle. What's it about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Guys? Here Are The 6 Séx Positions Nigerian Women Totally Love Most / I've Been Told That He Is A DOG!!!!! / Ladies, Meet The Most Handsome Black Guy On Nairaland(francis95)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.