Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

The Sciences Discussion Thread. - Science/Technology (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Sciences Discussion Thread. (68621 Views)

Universe Or Multiverse. (A Discussion) / Who Has Seen Smartbird? Discussion Thread For Novel ways to fly. / Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
RobinHez:

well, companies use such vehicles....so it should be affordable for them.
i dont expect to buy a truck cuz of some fancy tv at the back.
Lol. . . grin
Well, since we are on that, let me also share some futuristic concepts and we can discuss about it?
XploraBen , johnydon22, and nurd, take note. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 1:19pm On Jun 29, 2015
Teempakguy:
Lol. . . grin
Well, since we are on that, let me also share some futuristic concepts and we can discuss about it?
ok
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
RobinHez:

ok
look at this one. I think it is fascinating. grin

It is a sofa shaped like a cloud. It is just a design concept. No one knows how it would work out. Apparently, magnetics come into play here. But let's just talk about how it could work out,

Cc intergral nurd XploraBen and johnydon22
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 1:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
Teempakguy:

It is a sofa shaped like a cloud. It is just a design concept. No one knows how it would work out. Apparently, magnetics come into play here. But let's just talk about how it could work out,

Wooooow i'm damned. . . I love this.

Its definitely magnetic, the sheet on the floor and the base of the floating cloud bearing the same magnetic force.

Positive + positive = Repel . . . And the magnetic flux maintains a constant gap that will fluctuate under the weight of a human making the bed seem like an almost perfect a cloud simulator.

It will require a high power magnetic field. . . Am loving this, and definitely will get one of these after my wedding wink
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
johnydon22:

Wooooow i'm damned. . . I love this.

Its definitely magnetic, the sheet on the floor and the base of the floating cloud bearing the same magnetic force.

Positive + positive = Repel . . . And the magnetic flux maintains a constant gap that will fluctuate under the weight of a human making the bed seem like an almost perfect a cloud simulator.

It will require a high power magnetic field. . . Am loving this, and definitely will get one of these after my wedding wink
you are making sense . . . grin
It will require high power though. smiley
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 1:58pm On Jun 29, 2015
Teempakguy:
you are making sense . . . grin
It will require high power though. smiley

Yeap pretty much, it will be a high power heavy duty magnet. . . we have those around so it wont be a problem. . .

My girl friend is gonna be surprised and loving it when i unveil the bed after our weddingwink It will be boomilicious tongue
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
johnydon22:

Yeap pretty much, it will be a high power heavy duty magnet. . . we have those around so it wont be a problem. . .

My girl friend is gonna be surprised and loving it when i unveil the bed after our weddingwink It will be boomilicious tongue
until she rolls over during sleeping. tongue
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 2:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
Teempakguy:
until she rolls over during sleeping. tongue

Naaah, they will have big sizes so am going for the king size. . . It will be an erotic literal taking her to the clouds, if you understand wink

anyway back to science.

Do you have any photo showing the inner mechanics of that bed, so we can see if we can individually try and create a small prototype
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 29, 2015
johnydon22:

Naaah, they will have big sizes so am going for the king size. . . It will be an erotic literal taking her to the clouds, if you understand wink

anyway back to science.

Do you have any photo showing the inner mechanics of that bed, so we can see if we can individually try and create a small prototype
tongue tongue
It hasn't been invented yet. This is just a design concept. It is now up to us scientists to figure out the mechanics of achieving it. Companies do it all the time. smiley

You have already suggested repelling magnetism. There might be one flaw . . . sliding. It could simply slide off the magnetic field. We can remedy this by looking into superconductivity.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 2:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
Teempakguy:
tongue tongue
It hasn't been invented yet. This is just a design concept. It is now up to us scientists to figure out the mechanics of achieving it. Companies do it all the time. smiley

You have already suggested repelling magnetism. There might be one flaw . . . sliding. It could simply slide off the magnetic field. We can remedy this by looking into superconductivity.

I think the Rare earth magnetic will be more efficient in this regard, it creates a much stronger and stable magnetic flux that others

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare-earth_magnet

Check it out
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
johnydon22:

I think the Rare earth magnetic will be more efficient in this regard, it creates a much stronger and stable magnetic flux that others

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare-earth_magnet

Check it out
shocked shocked
Thanks!
It would then operate like a maglev train. Rising under the influence of the field. The edges of the under plate would be made with an opposite pole to prevent the bed from sliding away.

I love the technology. smiley
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
Teempakguy:
shocked shocked
Thanks!
It would then operate like a maglev train. Rising under the influence of the field. The edges of the under plate would be made with an opposite pole to prevent the bed from sliding away.

I love the technology. smiley

I think this is triable, Just wish i could lay my hands on some Rare earth Magnets, i would try hypothesis to see if it can be stable. . . We can only try bro
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
johnydon22:

I think this is triable, Just wish i could lay my hands on some Rare earth Magnets, i would try hypothesis to see if it can be stable. . . We can only try bro
yeah . . . at the end of the day, it is the lack of material that challenges many Nigerian scientists.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by intergral(m): 3:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
Teempakguy:

Magnetism to its fullest..... But I think its going to be weight dependent.....
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
intergral:
Magnetism to its fullest..... But I think its going to be weight dependent.....
that means they would need to use electromagnetics.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by intergral(m): 3:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
Teempakguy:
that means they would need to use electromagnetics.
hahahahahah..... Nothing mathematical there....
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
intergral:
hahahahahah..... Nothing mathematical there....
grin grin grin bros you funny sha grin grin

When, don't worry nah, mathematical problem loading.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by intergral(m): 4:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
Teempakguy:
grin grin grin bros you funny sha grin grin

When, don't worry nah, mathematical problem loading.
yeah.......I'll be more than glad to have em...
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by XploraBen(m): 4:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
Teempakguy:

Wow! This is an amazing technology.How would it feel like relaxing on a sofa suspended in air? And without any support? It's outrightly amazing.

The mechanism that comes into play here is super-magnetism--just like other guys have said.Only a very strong magnetic field(of repelling charges) i.e a +and+ charges or -and- charges will be needed for this to happen.

A study field of physics has been applied here;magnetic field.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
XploraBen:
Wow! This is an amazing technology.How would it feel like relaxing on a sofa suspended in air? And without any support? It's outrightly amazing.

The mechanism that comes into play here is super-magnetism--just like other guys have said.Only a very strong magnetic field(of repelling charges) i.e a +and+ charges or -and- charges will be needed for this to happen.

A study field of physics has been applied here;magnetic field.
interesting concept. There is a problem here though. Since the magnet is only on that plate, would it not slide away?
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by XploraBen(m): 6:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
Teempakguy:
interesting concept. There is a problem here though. Since the magnet is only on that plate, would it not slide away?
You mean the magnet will only be attached to the plate? I think it would also be attached to the sofa somewhere.And to avoid it from sliding off,the angle of replusion will be considered so as to know the limit with which it can be suspended.

My 2kobo though...lol
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
RobinHez:
check out this new invention from samsung.
"see through" technology, making vehicles at the back of a truck see whats going on in front of the truck.....
#safety measures
It is not 'see through'. The camera is fitted close to the headlight of the long vehicle or truck and images transfered by wireless technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZetSRWchM4w

1 Like

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
I have come up with a solution.

The bottom plate is made of a very strong magnet. Rare earth in fact.

The sofa contains two concentric annulus shaped electromagnetic disks. When on, the outer disk is magnetized in the pole of the bottom plate. Causing repelling and therefore, the sofa rises. The inner disk is magnetized in the opposite pole Causing attraction. Therefore, the sofa remains on the field and does not slide off. Also, by varying the current in the inner disk, one can fluctuate the flux. Causing the sofa to Bob up and down. Stimulating a Cloud!!! shocked

Cc

Johnydon22
XploraBen
All4naija
RobinHez
Slimzjoe

It seems I have solved the problem . smiley
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 10:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
all4naija:
It is not 'see through'. The camera is fitted close to the headlight of the long vehicle or truck and images transfered by wireless technology.

ermmm...what am i saying what are u saying...i called it 'see through' u explained why its see through, we're on the same page bro cheesy
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Queed: 10:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
Teempakguy:

wow shocked shocked

Did I heard someone say magnetism shocked shocked

well, we would always know where to find the spoons, knives, watches, pots grin grin

It's a great idea though smiley
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by XploraBen(m): 10:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
all4naija:

Robinhez was correct since he did not use "see-through" which means partly or wholly transparent or transclusent.He used "see through" which means to percieve the true nature of(note it has no hyphen).
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
Queed:

wow shocked shocked

Did I heard someone say magnetism shocked shocked

well, we would always know where to find the spoons, knives, watches, pots grin grin

It's a great idea though smiley
grin grin
In that case . . . there won't be a kitchen version. grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 10:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
XploraBen:
Robin hez was correct since he did not use "see-through" which means partly or wholly transparent or transclusent.He used "see through" which means to percieve the true nature of(note it has no hyphen).
thank u cool
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by XploraBen(m): 11:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
Teempakguy:

The sofa contains two concentric annulus shaped electromagnetic disks. When on, the outer disk is magnetized in the pole of the bottom plate. Causing repelling and therefore, the sofa rises. The inner disk is magnetized in the opposite pole Causing attraction. Therefore, the sofa remains on the field and does not slide off. Also, by varying the current in the inner disk, one can fluctuate the flux. Causing the sofa to Bob up and down. Stimulating a Cloud!!! shocked

Cc

Johnydon22
XploraBen
All4naija
RobinHez
Slimzjoe

You have proferred a brilliant solution and i concur with you.I have reasoned it the way you put it,and i think the working principle of this concept might not be far it.

But are they currently working on it?...I mean the guys that brought up this concept.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 29, 2015
XploraBen:
You have proferred a brilliant solution and i concur with you.I have reasoned it the way you put it,and i think the working principle of this concept might not be far it.

But are they currently working on it?...I mean the guys that brought up this concept.
I don't think so. This was designed by a visual futurist. Visual futurists merely design concepts they think should happen in the near future. And then companies make those designs work in real life. smiley
Therefore, I don't know if any company has snatched this idea. grin grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Slimzjoe(m): 11:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
Teempakguy:

Cc

Johnydon22
XploraBen
All4naija
RobinHez
Slimzjoe

A lot of People will be lost with this Explanation and I was one of them grin.

Methinks the Whole Floor would simply be Magnet and the chair's Inner disk would also be Padded wit the Same charge as the one On the Floor Thereby creating the 'Repulsion' and Continuous Floating..... I don't See it falling anyway except it leaves the Magnetic Field

I hate(d) Physics

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (34) (Reply)

A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why / This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo / Scientists Successfully Reverse Human Ageing Process (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.