Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

The Sciences Discussion Thread. - Science/Technology (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Sciences Discussion Thread. (68619 Views)

Universe Or Multiverse. (A Discussion) / Who Has Seen Smartbird? Discussion Thread For Novel ways to fly. / Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
Slimzjoe:

A lot of People will be lost with this Explanation and am one of them grin.

Methinks the Whole Floor would simply be Magnet and the chair's Inner disk would also be Padded wit the Same charge as the one On the Floor Thereby creating the 'Repulsion' and Continuous Floating..... I don't See it falling anyway except it leaves the Magnetic Field

I hate(d) Physics

LOL cheesy
Especially the where I said Concentric annulus shaped electromagnetic disks grin

You are right. But consider. smiley

We cannot use anything lesser than a neodymium magnet. Meanwhile, coating the whole floor with a neodymium magnet is very expensive. Not to mention unnecessary and very dangerous. Since the foam is expected to remain stagnant. smiley

Therefore, we need a small plate. As small as possible. So that,as queed said, all the cutlery in the house won't find their way into the bedroom. grin grin grin

But, in a magnetic field, if you suspend something on it, it will float away from the field due to the attractive force of gravity. We need to pin it to the plate. We do this with another plate inside the bed with opposite "charge" with the plate. Causing an attraction that cancels out surrounding gravity. Forcing the sofa to remain suspended there.

And for a cool effect. We want the sofa to "dance" by going up and down slowly. shocked shocked
If you ordinarily suspend it, it will just stay like that. But, by changing the charge on the opposite charged plate I said above, we can get the sofa to bob up and down, to rock like a cradle, or to throw the person on it up and catch him again! cool for babies. shocked

You grab? grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Slimzjoe(m): 12:05am On Jun 30, 2015
Teempakguy you've Lost me somehow here.... If The Sofa and the Floor are charged + are you saying the Bed in the room should be - ?

The Sofa would Naturally Rock Due to the Repulsion
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 30, 2015
Slimzjoe:
Teempakguy you've Lost me somehow here.... If The Sofa and the Floor are charged + are you saying the Bed in the room should be - ?

The Sofa would Naturally Rock Due to the Repulsion
grin grammar.
The bed is also the sofa . . . I interchanged the words. An oversight. Sorry. embarassed

The sofa would rock . . . but as you know . . . people want control. And that is always a big problem in science. There are many awesome alternative power sources in the world today, but they cannot be controlled. Therefore, people won't buy it. angry
People will want to control the speed and orientation of the rocking. So, we have to give them nah. Or else you will just hear . . . "we're sorry, but your product is not commercially feasible."
Mtcheeeeeeeew. grin
Hence the additional elaborate tech. It is just for control. smiley
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by XploraBen(m): 7:28am On Jun 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
I don't think so. This was designed by a visual futurist. Visual futurists merely design concepts they think should happen in the near future. And then companies make those designs work in real life. smiley
Therefore, I don't know if any company has snatched this idea. grin grin
Okay I understand.It's only a futuristic technology which was concieved by some scientist,waiting for the opportunity of hi-tech companies to develop it further.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 30, 2015
XploraBen:
Okay I understand.It's only a futuristic technology which was concieved by some scientist,waiting for the opportunity of hi-tech companies to develop it further.
exactly. It costs technically nothing. Yet, one can win thousands of dollars for designing things like this.
Our Nigerian engineers and artists can benefit from this. Maybe I should open a thread to enlighten them?

Hmmmmm . . . that was actually a good idea!

1 Like

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Slimzjoe(m): 7:57am On Jun 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
grin grammar.
The bed is also the sofa . . . I interchanged the words. An oversight. Sorry. embarassed

The sofa would rock . . . but as you know . . . people want control. And that is always a big problem in science. There are many awesome alternative power sources in the world today, but they cannot be controlled. Therefore, people won't buy it. angry
People will want to control the speed and orientation of the rocking. So, we have to give them nah. Or else you will just hear . . . "we're sorry, but your product is not commercially feasible."
Mtcheeeeeeeew. grin
Hence the additional elaborate tech. It is just for control. smiley

Nothing Is Impossible in Science but will it be Possible To Control the Speed and Direction of your Sofa? shocked
That will Require some extra_Advanced Tech
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 30, 2015
Slimzjoe:

Nothing Is Impossible in Science but will it be Possible To Control the Speed and Direction of your Sofa? shocked
That will Require some extra_Advanced Tech
yes. In the realm of electrical engineering. smiley
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 7:06pm On Jun 30, 2015
'Leap second' added for first time in three years
The addition will mean that the last minute of June will have 61 seconds; while 23:59:59 usually becomes 00:00:00, the leap second will ensure the time becomes 23:59:60. Leap seconds - and leap years - are added as basic ways to keep the clock in sync with the Earth and its seasons. However, there are concerns the extra second could cause problems for some computer systems because it has to be added manually. Timekeepers are divided over whether to keep the additional unit of time - and the issue is set to be debated at a meeting later this year. http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-33313347
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
RobinHez:
'Leap second' added for first time in three years

The addition will mean that the last minute of June will have 61
seconds; while 23:59:59 usually becomes 00:00:00, the leap second will
ensure the time becomes 23:59:60.
Leap seconds - and leap years - are added as basic ways to keep the
clock in sync with the Earth and its seasons.
However, there are concerns the extra second could cause problems
for some computer systems because it has to be added manually.
Timekeepers are divided over whether to keep the additional unit of
time - and the issue is set to be debated at a meeting later this year.
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-33313347
hahaha cheesy
An additional second . . . .
Not enough angry
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 7:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
hahaha cheesy
An additional second . . . .
Not enough angry
how do you mean? cheesy
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2015

Hi there!

Teempakguy here.

I have found another incredibly amazing design! So . . . out of this world . . . so fascinating!

It is simply a spokeless bicycle. grin

Let's get in here and discuss this technology . . . the advantages, disadvantages, and how it would work. Also, possible upgrades and additions. smiley

This time, I am calling everybody.

Anyi5
Fejikudz
Slimzjoe
Freemanan
Finniblinks
ELYMAXiimus
Mrbillz
Genes
Emperormero
Khattab02
Rockiedink
Laykorn
BigBen10
Intergral
Nurd
Soloxxng
Taharqa
Baggylips
Harmvirus
RobinHez
Oathman
Gorimakpa1
Dhsfbi
Cindino20
Xploraben
Horlufemi
1miccza
Hollarsmith
All4naija
Niyeal
Kingcity
Geofavour
Lushcream
Bhenehdikt
Taolyn4lif

Cheers!
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
Teempakguy:

Hi there!

Teempakguy here.

I have found another incredibly amazing design! So . . . out of this world . . . so fascinating!

Let's get in here and discuss this technology . . . the advantages, disadvantages, and how it would work. Also, possible upgrades and additions. smiley

Anyi5
Fejikudz
Slimzjoe
Freemanan
Finniblinks
ELYMAXiimus
Mrbillz
Genes
Emperormero
Khattab02
Rockiedink
Laykorn
BigBen10
Intergral
Nurd
Soloxxng
Taharqa
Baggylips
Harmvirus
RobinHez
Oathman
Gorimakpa1
Dhsfbi
Cindino20
Xploraben
Horlufemi
1miccza
Hollarsmith
All4naija
Niyeal
Kingcity
Geofavour
Lushcream
Bhenehdikt
Taolyn4lif

Cheers!
u watch too much sci-fi
i'm coming grin

1 Like

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
Teempakguy:

Hi there!

Teempakguy here.

from the pic, it seems to still use the gear system...... question tho, why would anyone wanna upgrade the bicycle? undecided.... rocket powered hovering skateboards seems a lot better/cooler
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
Preboy:

from the pic, it seems to still use the gear system...... question tho, why would anyone wanna upgrade the bicycle? undecided.... rocket powered hovering skateboards seems a lot better/cooler
LOL
The bicycle is the safest mode of transportation. And it costs nothing to ride. smiley
Unlike rocket powered hovering skateboards. grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
LOL
The bicycle is the safest mode of transportation. And it costs nothing to ride. smiley
Unlike rocket powered hovering skateboards. grin
safest? this i doubt.... energy used in pedaling isn't nothing and the tech doesn't fit into a sci-fi future, a hovering bicycle[plzzzz undecided], rocket powered bicycle? don't make me laugh undecided

unlike skateboards, imagine just hopping in and zooming off without any cost, and special magnetic boots can act as safety measure and it feels futuristic

but not to digress from the topic, the design is juz an improved fancy looking gear system, not spectacular there... though a pedal-less bicycle would be something bt then it wouldn't be a bicycle
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
Preboy:

safest? this i doubt.... energy used in pedaling isn't nothing and the tech doesn't fit into a sci-fi future, a hovering bicycle[plzzzz undecided], rocket powered bicycle? don't make me laugh undecided

unlike skateboards, imagine just hopping in and zooming off without any cost, and special magnetic boots can act as safety measure and it feels futuristic

but not to digress from the topic, the design is juz an improved fancy looking gear system, not spectacular there... though a pedal-less bicycle would be something bt then it wouldn't be a bicycle
what do you mean by without any cost
A rocket powered hoverboard would cost huge amounts of money to run and maintain. Besides, bicycles cannot be easily wiped out like that. Have you been to Amsterdam

Meanwhile, nothing spectacular
I see . . .

Oh and yes, next to foot travels, bicycles are the safest modes of transportation. Look it up.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
what do you mean by without any cost
except energy source, it cost nothing[human energy] to use

A rocket powered hoverboard would cost huge amounts of money to run and maintain. Besides, bicycles cannot be easily wiped out like that. Have you been to Amsterdam
hoverboard hmmm.... juz googled it up
anyway, computers once cost huge amounts of money to run amd maintain.... bt a minibook costs less than a $100 now so they'd get cheaper with time

i haven't bt still Egyptian, Persian, Babylonian empires have be wiped out, so can the "bicycle"

Meanwhile, nothing spectacular
I see . . .

Oh and yes, next to foot travels, bicycles are the safest modes of transportation. Look it up.
truth is i'd love a spoke-less and chain-less bike, bt still there are other more pressing inventions to develop on, like nano-nites
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 30, 2015
Preboy:
except energy source, it cost nothing[human energy] to use

hoverboard hmmm.... juz googled it up
anyway, computers once cost huge amounts of money to run amd maintain.... bt a minibook costs less than a $100 now so they'd get cheaper with time

i haven't bt still Egyptian, Persian, Babylonian empires have be wiped out, so can the "bicycle"

truth is i'd love a spoke-less and chain-less bike, bt still there are other more pressing inventions to develop on, like nano-nites
hahahaha
nano-nites. Let the nano-nite developers develop the nano-nites, and let the bicycle developers develop the bicycle. We cannot all sleep and face the same side nah.cheesy

btw, There are some inventions that people will still like use even when outdated. Example, arrows and tents . . . And paper. So, i fully expect the bicycle to last for the next century.smiley which is far more than you and i can live . . . Unless they develop imortality.cheesy

in short, i agree sha. I will be back with a tech sure to . . . Blow your mind into. . . Small pieces.cheesycheesy
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by khattab02: 7:12am On Jul 01, 2015
RobinHez:
u watch too much sci-fi i'm coming grin
haha..

Lol..

grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by XploraBen(m): 9:29am On Jul 01, 2015
The bicycle has got a nice and efficient design anyway...that's all I got to say anyway grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by mrbillz(m): 9:57am On Jul 01, 2015
Teempakguy:

Hi there!

Teempakguy here.

Anyi5
Fejikudz
Slimzjoe
Freemanan
Finniblinks
ELYMAXiimus
Mrbillz
Genes
Emperormero
Khattab02
Rockiedink
Laykorn
BigBen10
Intergral
Nurd
Soloxxng
Taharqa
Baggylips
Harmvirus
RobinHez
Oathman
Gorimakpa1
Dhsfbi
Cindino20
Xploraben
Horlufemi
1miccza
Hollarsmith
All4naija
Niyeal
Kingcity
Geofavour
Lushcream
Bhenehdikt
Taolyn4lif

Cheers!
WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! SIMPLY OUT OF THIS WORLD... THIS WOULD BE SO EXPENSIVE MERE LOOKING AT THE COOL DESIGN...
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 01, 2015
mrbillz:
WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! SIMPLY OUT OF THIS WORLD... THIS WOULD BE SO EXPENSIVE MERE LOOKING AT THE COOL DESIGN...
thank you jare. You recognize. cheesy
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by ELYMAXiimus(m): 10:17am On Jul 01, 2015
Teempakguy:

Hi there!

Teempakguy here.

Anyi5
Fejikudz
Slimzjoe
Freemanan
Finniblinks
ELYMAXiimus
Mrbillz
Genes
Emperormero
Khattab02
Rockiedink
Laykorn
BigBen10
Intergral
Nurd
Soloxxng
Taharqa
Baggylips
Harmvirus
RobinHez
Oathman
Gorimakpa1
Dhsfbi
Cindino20
Xploraben
Horlufemi
1miccza
Hollarsmith
All4naija
Niyeal
Kingcity
Geofavour
Lushcream
Bhenehdikt
Taolyn4lif

Cheers!
hahaha. This is funny, how does it work?

2 Likes

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 3:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

hahaha. This is funny, how does it work?

Hey bro
I think the working mechanism of that bike was quite plain and clear and its very clear how it works.

The pedal which i labeled (1) moves the gear at the rear labeled (2) which in turn moves the gear above the (2)gear which i labeled 3.
The number (3)gear and the gear-like teethed rear wheel are placed together to form a joint gear which transmit the rotational movement.

It goes from (1) to (2) and then to (3) which transmits the movement to the rear wheel.
. . .So the rotation of the back wheel moves the bicycle. .

its almost the same mechanism as an ordinary bicycle just that the chains were eliminated this time.

1 Share

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 3:56pm On Jul 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Hey bro
I think the working mechanism of that bike was quite plain and clear and its very clear how it works.

The pedal which i labeled (1) moves the gear at the rear labeled (2) which in turn moves the gear above the (2)gear which i labeled 3.
The number (3)gear and the gear-like teethed rear wheel are placed together to form a joint gear which transmit the rotational movement.

It goes from (1) to (2) and then to (3) which transmits the movement to the rear wheel.

its almost the same mechanism as an ordinary bicycle just that the chains were eliminated this time.
shocked
somebody give this dude a medal...
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 4:16pm On Jul 01, 2015
RobinHez:
shocked somebody give this dude a medal...
lwkmd grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Hey bro

damn! shocked
Just what I had in mind.

You deserve a medal, bro. grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 11:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
Teempakguy:
damn! shocked Just what I had in mind.
You deserve a medal, bro. grin
Lol.... oga ooo
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 01, 2015

Dedicated to preboy cheesy cheesy

The below is the Audi shark concept. Slated for production in the 2030's when, hopefully, the technology required to power it will be available. This spectacular concept was designed by kazim doku. He said he was inspired by motorcycles and aircraft. And I think he is totally on point with that.

Here it is. smiley

The car is a "hovcar" which means a car that hovers. cheesy as in, it floats a few inches from the ground when working but stationary.

At this point, I think a variety of technology can be used to achieve it. Such as electro-hydrodynamics, superconducting magnetism, or rocket science. smiley

I will be back to give a detailed hypothesis. In the mean time, feel free to add and subtract and of course, gape at the amazing ingenuity behind it.

Cc

Johnydon22
Robinhez
Slimzjoe
Xploraben
Freemanan
mrbillz
ELYMAXiimus

Feel free to mention additional people. smiley smiley

Cheers!
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by mrbillz(m): 1:09am On Jul 02, 2015
Teempakguy:
thank you jare. You recognize. cheesy
Wa gbayi oga mi sir
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 2:16am On Jul 02, 2015
RobinHez:

how do you mean? cheesy
what am I supposed to do with just one second?
It is not even enough to find 2x2 angry

I will come back when we get 100 extra years grin grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 7:53am On Jul 02, 2015
how true is the existence of dark matter?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (34) (Reply)

A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why / This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo / Scientists Successfully Reverse Human Ageing Process (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.