Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Journey To Waterside - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Journey To Waterside (9470 Views)

Accident At Ogborhill Waterside In Aba, Abia Leaves Many Dead. Graphic Pics / My Jourmey To Ogun Waterside In Ogun State / Journey To Waterside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Journey To Waterside by lakesidepapa(m): 11:47am On Jun 24, 2016
darelar:

this response is coming late. There's concrete jetty in Iwopin, the distance from Iwopin to Epe is less than an hour with speed boat and about 2 hours with big local boat of about 100 and above passenger. I don't know the distance from epe to Otta through waterway. There's nice motor road from ijebu Ode through benin Ore express road by J4 junction. The river depth is ok as Ship's do come to the town when the paper company was still functioning be FG sold it. If you're into fish business, you can make better money from there as the do supply Ijebu Ode and Epe with fish. If you also want to do garri Ijebu business, that's a good place to get the product also.

It's true u knw waterside very well.. There's a maritime academy (merchant navy academy) in Oni that i attended, do u know Oni? Yes the school was located inside GIPI campus in Oni but the said school have now relocated to sagamu. The paper mill company was working until FG sold it, if not for that, the communities would have been developed more than it's now due to the fact that water way would be dredge more deeply in order to harbour more commercial vessels to convey the said company finished products to lagos and that will boast the economic of the communities.
I had a lots of fun during my studies at waterside, Oni people are very traditionally, likewise like ibiade... Mehn that ibiade junction, come and see different kind of sacrifices in local pot. sometimes along the road to J4, if u don't shine ur eyes well well u will be kidnapped but most of these kidnappers are not from water side communities. They are a very good people and their main profession is fishing, especially among the youths.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Journey To Waterside by darelar(m): 1:26am On Jun 25, 2016
lakesidepapa:

It's true u knw waterside very well.. There's a maritime academy (merchant navy academy) in Oni that i attended, do u know Oni? Yes the school was located inside GIPI campus in Oni but the said school have now relocated to sagamu. The paper mill company was working until FG sold it, if not for that, the communities would have been developed more than it's now due to the fact that water way would be dredge more deeply in order to harbour more commercial vessels to convey the said company finished products to lagos and that will boast the economic of the communities.
I had a lots of fun during my studies at waterside, Oni people are very traditionally, likewise like ibiade... Mehn that ibiade junction, come and see different kind of sacrifices in local pot. sometimes along the road to J4, if u don't shine ur eyes well well u will be kidnapped but most of these kidnappers are not from water side communities. They are a very good people and their main profession is fishing, especially among the youths.

thanks for the good reports on waterside. Am from Iwopin
Re: Journey To Waterside by chrisaham: 2:49pm On Jun 25, 2016
Lol... I served there last year finished this year April. Batch A 2015
Re: Journey To Waterside by laudate: 11:29pm On Jul 03, 2016
darelar:

this response is coming late. There's concrete jetty in Iwopin, the distance from Iwopin to Epe is less than an hour with speed boat and about 2 hours with big local boat of about 100 and above passenger. I don't know the distance from epe to Otta through waterway. There's nice motor road from ijebu Ode through benin Ore express road by J4 junction. The river depth is ok as Ship's do come to the town when the paper company was still functioning be FG sold it. If you're into fish business, you can make better money from there as the do supply Ijebu Ode and Epe with fish. If you also want to do garri Ijebu business, that's a good place to get the product also.

Thanks for the info! Most appreciated. cool But can you find out from anyone if there is a boat that can ply Lekki to Iwopin or Victoria Island to Iwopin, and how long it would take?

Also, how many hours is the journey by road from Otta to Iwopin? Is it less than 30 minutes? cheesy
Re: Journey To Waterside by darelar(m): 7:28am On Jul 04, 2016
laudate:

Thanks for the info! Most appreciated. cool But can you find out from anyone if there is a boat that can ply Lekki to Iwopin or Victoria Island to Iwopin, and how long it would take?

Also, how many hours is the journey by road from Otta to Iwopin? Is it less than 30 minutes? cheesy

it same Sango Otta? If yes, from Otta to ijebu ode should be an hour or plus, from ijebu ode to iwopin is about 4G minutes to an hour depends on the driver. There's no direct boat. But you can chatter boat if you negotiate from VI or you join boat to Epe and enter boat from Epe to Iwopin. Epe to iwopin is an hour plus.
Re: Journey To Waterside by Rsz124: 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2020
Hello, you seem to be really familiar with this axis... I want to make some enquiry about fish and crayfish

Please reply.. thanks

darelar:

1 Like

Re: Journey To Waterside by darelar(m): 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2020
Rsz124:
Hello, you seem to be really familiar with this axis... I want to make some enquiry about fish and crayfish

Please reply.. thanks

There's surplus and any types of fresh fish from fresh water. There's also big luster and other specie's. You can visit the area for clarification.

1 Like

Re: Journey To Waterside by bull67: 5:35pm On Feb 26
laudate:
I feel the Ogun State Government and their Ministry of Transport has failed to develop the Ogun Waterside. They have totally ignored the water transportation system and its huge potentials. Unlike Lagos state that has been building jetties and berthing facilities in every water-fed community, in order to enhance use of ferries and boats. wink

Think of the huge tourism potentials in that area and also the investment revenue they could derive from the waterside, if they provided the right kind of infrastructure in that area.

Honestly, if there was a functional ferry system from Lekki to Iwopin, and if the travel distance from Iwopin to the Ipaja-Alagbado-Otta axis does not exceed 30 minutes, a lot of traffic would reduce in that area as people would take ferries to work on Lagos Island after taking a bus to link up the ogun waterside area, instead of getting stuck in buses in the bad traffic on the old Lagos-Agege Motor road! undecided

Think of the kind of revenue Ogun State would make if they had an efficient ferry service plying that route! shocked shocked shocked
Ogun State is my State and , it has never had a good government since civilian took over. A state close to the richest State in Nigeria must be rich

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back / Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas / Europe By Land, A Suicide Mission!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.