Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production (51401 Views)

Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu / JUST IN!!! Buhari Not Jonathan Responsible For Recession - CBN / Jonathan Responsible For PDP Crisis — Ogbulafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by biafranqueen: 3:55pm On Jun 20, 2015
barcanista:
hey Dear, what's up! I just saw this thread...I hope they are prepared for rebuttal!
Can you believe these foolhardy imbeciles? So Buhari fixed the refineries in 3 weeks Chai!!! I knew this would happen. Giving credit where no credit is due.......

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by atlwireles: 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2015
[s]
Imokay:

You people are hard to tell apart from cattle, the way you all follow one direction, is it false statements buy your buddy you are celebrating so hard, tell us subsidy did not hit and cross 1 trillion for the first time under GEJ, you can swallow the remaining nonsense and regurgitate it like a ruminant
[/s]

Please quote the person exchanging comments with you. He is doing a good Job pounding some sense into your alamjiri head. By way cattles are the children of your alamjiri dullard from Daura, you are one of his douchebags.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Imokay: 4:02pm On Jun 20, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You can't even start production with a working but redundant obsolete refinery like ours without routine minor maintenance.

Let me help you as an Automation Engineer and Process Control Expert. The continuous function of our refineries are dependent of so many functions which the most is availability of spare parts and modules.

Our Refineries are obsolete hence the availability of most of the spares and modules are very scarce as they are no longer manufactured/supported by the Original Equipment Manufacturers rather by a third party whose budget is dependent on orders received hence the high cost of maintaining Nigerian Refineries which is irritating and economically not viable.

From every indication, I suspect our Refineries are not economically viable under government control because of attitudes of government employees compared to their private counterparts hence the call for privatization.

Ordinarily, the NNPC should be able to take on routine maintenance from profits accruing to the Agency without Government intervention but alas this is not the situation because of wide spread corruption within the agency leading to loses and non profitability of the Plants.

The huge budgets quoted in pages of newspapers for TAM are special government interventions and grants needed to put the Plants back on stream without which the system remains redundant.

Periodically, even after government intervention there are needs for replenishment of spares in anticipation for an abrupt failure of control systems that can render the plant un-operational for months if not procured hence to source for critical spares is very important but the question is can you get these spares and modules if ordered in small quantity - the answer is No.

For the fact that the employees of these Refineries are paid notwithstanding the status of their commitment is worrisome.

The long and short story is that TAM of an idle plant takes months and huge budget hence there is no fast way or shortcut to get it done in one month neither can the fear of Buhari produce mechanical spares and control modules to quick start the redundant plants.

I agree with some of your points, i will not comment on the ones i disagree with. On the issue of management and staffing i think if we want it to succeed, NNPC needs to be unbundled or if it must be left intact, the holding company NAPIMS should be removed and NNPC should be freed from quota system. It should be run like a business entity in the mold of PETROBRAS and PETRONAS or even SAUDI ARAMCO. The top management should not be based on political musical chair or civil servant promotion. If the skill set required to be a director is not available in country there is no shame in advertising worldwide for a CEO. Even the technical staff can be obtained cheaply from India and other Asian nations if we lack capable hands locally.

The time of senseless nationalism and indgenisation without capacity or capability is past for any company that wants to be a global player. It is not out of place for NNPC depot to be located in all ECOWAS countries with Service station all over these countries selling fuel refined in Nigeria.
We would by now have had not less than 15 refineries if that was part of their vision. But now other plays have a feild day where should naturally be our turf. Is it out of place if NNPC owns OPLs in Ghana and Ivory Coast? It all depends on the vision of the leadership.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Imokay: 4:04pm On Jun 20, 2015
atlwireles:
[s][/s]

Please quote the person exchanging comments with you. He is doing a good Job pounding some sense into your head. By way cattles are the children of alamjiri dullard from Daura, you are one of his douchebags.

Just stay and observe this is way above your head, nothing reasonable can form in your brain to add to this discussion
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2015
Obiagelli:

What you ain't getting right here is,

1, when were the refineries fixed? 2015? 2014 or earlier

2, were the refineries actually fixed? Did someone stop the refineries and lied to us because so much fraudulent money was coming from subsidy payment.

3, what percentage were the refineries at before the numerous TAM, were they @ 0%

4, did someone turn the switch back on when Buhari took over to cover their fraud?

Many questions brother

My sister there are types of maintenance in Engineering and Turn Around Maintenance is not a spontaneous exercise.

By the use of the word TAM, it means a complete overhaul and improvement even beyond manufacturers specifications hence different from preventive and shutdown maintenances.

What we are discussing on this thread is kick starting our Refineries that have been completely overhauled and refurbished.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by atlwireles: 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2015
Imokay:

Just stay and observe this is way above your head, nothing reasonable can form in your brain to add to this discussion

grin grin grin grin grin grin Make I enjoy your beat down.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by 989900: 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2015
Imokay:

You people are hard to tell apart from cattle, the way you all follow one direction, is it false statements buy your buddy you are celebrating so hard, tell us subsidy did not hit and cross 1 trillion for the first time under GEJ, you can swallow the remaining nonsense and regurgitate it like a ruminant

Actually at a time, subsidy amount being owed was about N2.3 trillion! In a country with a budget of less than N5 trillion! LOL cry

“You see that the amount we have been paying year by year diminished substantially to about N971 billion a year, down from the N 2.3 trillion of 2011. We brought it from N 2.3 trillion to about N 971 billion that has been in the budget each year.

Read more about the 'scamsidy' here . . . right from the horse's mouth (NOI)

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/fed-govt-oil-marketers-clash-over-n200b-subsidy-claims/
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 4:08pm On Jun 20, 2015
Imokay:

I agree with some of your points, i will not comment on the ones i disagree with. On the issue of management and staffing i think if we want it to succeed, NNPC needs to be unbundled or if it must be left intact, the holding company NAPIMS should be removed and NNPC should be freed from quota system. It should be run like a business entity in the mold of PETROBRAS and PETRONAS or even SAUDI ARAMCO. The top management should not be based on political musical chair or civil servant promotion. If the skill set required to be a dirstor is not available in country there is no shame in advertising worldwide for a CEO. Even the technical staff can be obtained cheaply from India and other Asian nations if we lack capable hands locally.

The time of senseless nationalism and indgenisation without capacity or capability is past for any company that wants to be a global player. It is not out of place for NNPC depot to be located in all ECOWAS countries with Service station all over these countries selling fuel refined in Nigeria.
We would by now have had not less than 15 refineries if that was part of their vision. But now other plays have a feild day where should naturally be our turf. Is it out of place if NNPC owns OPLs in Ghana and Ivory Coast? It all depends on the vision of the leadership.

Thanks for this addition.

You are correct

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:18pm On Jun 20, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Why is everyone who doesn't have the same opinions as you do a bigot?? You just keep throwing that word around

Because I already know most of them and their history...

And most people's reasoning here are determined by;
1) Religion 2)Tribe 3)Party...

And how does that counter the facts abi points in my post
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 20, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

My sister there are types of maintenance in Engineering and Turn Around Maintenance is not a spontaneous exercise.

By the use of the word TAM, it means a complete overhaul and improvement even beyond manufacturers specifications hence different from preventive and shutdown maintenances.

What we are discussing on this thread is kick starting our Refineries that have been completely overhauled and refurbished.

Well, still theories.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Akinlawson: 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2015
Lots of unborn professors on this trend. Am watching grin sad
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2015
Obiagelli:

Well, still theories.

Yes, you need a minimum of 3 years extensive course to understand the supply chain including extensive engineering works involved in Turn Around Maintenance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by samtopy(m): 4:28pm On Jun 20, 2015
Just thinking....y did GEJ and his campaign team didn't say anything abt the refineries during d election period....
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by soludo93(m): 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2015
CSTR2:
Idiott.
On one hand it is too early for buhari to stem the tides of bokoharam, yet it is not too early for buhari to claim another man's labours.
Replying to your thread beyond this would be a very stupidd thing to do.
Enjoy your self-delusion with your likes.
Bye.
The op is the dummiest person I've ever seen in my entire life. A dullard that could not appoint a chief of staff, SGF or ministers is awarded with a giant stride of GEJ. That's a shame to the OP?
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by ohzee(f): 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2015
SergeAlain:
I dont understand the hulla ballo here.

Anyone who is not new in Nigeria will wait to see the refineries actually working before making any comments.

Please let me know once they have operated smoothly for at least 1 month.

1 millions likes. We are talking as if they have already started production. Nigerians never learn

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Slickest(m): 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2015
iPopAlomo:
and why Gej couldn't list it as one of under achievement...
In just one sentence u made a whole lot of sense

It was never listed in his achievement list which means he did nothing to the refinaries, pro jonathans are just trying to justify his failure

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by offor111: 5:01pm On Jun 20, 2015
And That is GEJ hand work may God Almighty continue to President GEJ.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by EbolaParasite: 6:12pm On Jun 20, 2015
geesampower:

Exactly. All of a sudden it was possible to repair the refineries with JUST 99billion naira while we spent over 4trillion naira subsidizing on imported petroleum products the same refineries cld be producing.

Affordable Solar Power Here

Even at maximum capacity, the refineries cannot satisfy fuel demands. We will still need to import. You guys need to quit being ignorant
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by EbolaParasite: 6:15pm On Jun 20, 2015
Slickest:

It was never listed in his achievement list which means he did nothing to the refinaries, pro jonathans are just trying to justify his failure

Achievement? See ignorance. The only thing happening is increase in production. The refineries have never stopped producing petroleum products. They have just been working at less than optimal capacities. Even at full capacity, we will still import a LOT of PMS so what are you guys on about. The only way fuel importation will stop is if more refineries are built to increase output

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by light004: 7:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Instead of calling him an I'diot why don't you counter his points smiley

Obviously Buhari can't be responsible for the state of the refineries in this short time but something definitely is not right. An independent investigation to tell Nigerians when the refineries were fixed and why they weren't used will help. Something obviously isn't right.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by ideology(m): 7:38pm On Jun 20, 2015
Dollyak:

Even, if he should give him the credit for bringing it back in service , you cannot deny the refurbishment period was too long. The implications was overspending both in refurbishment and subsidies. Really not acceptable if you ask me.

You know your country well, corruption has eaten deep, people take advantage of government; so It is not always about the head.
Eg Gmb once headed PTDF, $2.8 million missed under his watch and he could not account for it, does it mean that Buhari stole it.

We are the people spoiling governance, the people stealing funds most of the times are our parents, brothers, sisters and relations working in public offices not only the political class and are living big and we know bulk of their wealth are public funds.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Dollyak(f): 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
ideology:

You know your country well, corruption has eaten deep, people take advantage of government; so It is not always about the head.
Eg Gmb once headed PTDF, $2.8 million missed under his watch and he could not account for it, does it mean that Buhari stole it.

We are the people spoiling governance, the people stealing funds most of the times are our parents, brothers, sisters and relations working in public offices not only the political class and are living big and we know bulk of their wealth are public funds.
I am sorry, but that is not a good excuse. Trust me, you can create a structure that ensure stuffs like this doesn't happen. Why do you think projects by private investors tends to be more cost effective than that of the government? The difference is in the leadership and structure of the organisation.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by ideology(m): 7:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
Dollyak:

I am sorry, but that is not a good excuse. Trust me, you can create a structure that ensure stuffs like this doesn't happen. Why do you think projects by private investors tends to be more cost effective than that of the government? The difference is in the leadership and structure of the organisation.
i understand u, my dear but it won't happen overnight. Besides there is more to it than eyes can see.

Eg, in agriculture, government used to subsize the price of fertilizers, but People in government office introduced middlemen and sold the products at higher prices which in turn affected the farmers.
Gej introduced a system that bypasses the middle men. Hence farmers now buy fertilizers at the right price. Do you know how many enemies GEJ made from that decision??
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Dollyak(f): 8:06pm On Jun 20, 2015
ideology:
i understand u, my dear but it won't happen overnight. Besides there is more to it than eyes can see.

Eg, in agriculture, government used to subsize the price of fertilizers, but People in government office introduced middlemen and sold the products at higher prices which in turn affected the farmers.
Gej introduced a system that bypasses the middle men. Hence farmers now buy fertilizers at the right price. Do you know how many enemies GEJ made from that decision??
The fact of the matter is, Jonathan could have done something about this but chose not to for whatever reason. While I understand there were powerful forces involved, you cannot but admit he had the power to put things right. He is the president of Nigeria. I applaud his initiative for the farmers btw.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by kaboninc(m): 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2015
Obiagelli:

From the links posted by the OP, it's hard to tell, especially that it is reported that the Goodluck administration had plans to sell them to "friends".

One theory is that the refineries could deliberately have been stopped from working because of the juicy frauds from subsidy payment.

Why are you still this subjective? Why can't you be straight forward sef?

Did the links in any way suggest that Buhari is responsible in anyway whatsoever?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by kaboninc(m): 8:30pm On Jun 20, 2015
Dollyak:

The fact of the matter is, Jonathan could have done something about this but chose not to for whatever reason. While I understand there were powerful forces involved, you cannot but admit he had the power to put things right. He is the president of Nigeria. I applaud his initiative for the farmers btw.

So you applaud his initiative for the farmers but feel he didn't do well in this refinery rehabilitation?

Hmmmmm
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by simonyblues: 8:42pm On Jun 20, 2015
Let the refinery start working dat is what we are waiting
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by ideology(m): 8:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
Dollyak:

lol, ok deae, i know an accountant who almost got killed for trying to stop top government officials from stealing funds,

its not as easy as you think even if you are the president, don't forget you are dealing with oil and gas industry.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by JustNess: 10:00pm On Jun 20, 2015
Slickest:

..And Buhari nor the APC never call any press conference to let Nigerians know about its huge achievement in 3 weeks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS Over #revolutionnow Protest / 2023 Presidential Hopefuls And Time Wasters (Opinion) / Sylvia Ekweremadu Stuns In Bikini (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.