Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production (51386 Views)

Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu / JUST IN!!! Buhari Not Jonathan Responsible For Recession - CBN / Jonathan Responsible For PDP Crisis — Ogbulafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:52am On Jun 20, 2015
geesampower:

Exactly. All of a sudden it was possible to repair the refineries with JUST 99billion naira while we spent over 4trillion naira subsidizing on imported petroleum products the same refineries cld be producing.

It is really pathetic to be some of you...why not confirm the capacity of the four refineries and daily consumption rate of Nigerians before coming here to show your ignorance...

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 10:53am On Jun 20, 2015
Jorussia:
guy you are just trying to be economical with the truth.Tell me which year's budget that we spent exactly the same amount budgeted for subsidy in last 6years?

I can now understand you have zero experience in what Turn Around Maintenance of outdated plant cost in terms of resources and procurements.

You think Refineries are like I pass my Neighbour generator sets? Sorry they aren't

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by bashman004: 10:54am On Jun 20, 2015
if not one is conversant with the way refineries work, one would be made to think its some sort of rocket science of the highest order...

it amazes me how an industry of mainly mechanical and chemical process could prove so hard to function in this part of the planet..

like I keep saying, if Buhari fails to jail less than 5 top people of the NNPC then he has failed this nation.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:56am On Jun 20, 2015
PassingShot:

This is part of the mystery!

Your post shows how schizophrenic, deranged and angered you're...why not show us evidence of payment or such as initiated by Buhari rather all you wrote here are evidence of payments and actions by Jonathan but with discrepancy on delivery date....you're an ediot sincerely...

7 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Jorussia(m): 10:56am On Jun 20, 2015
[quote author=coputa post=34954539][/quote]Lol,but he used the Lagos-Ibadan express way,Egbin Phase2 power plant and others that were still under construction for campaign? what about the cooking stove that were not yet delivered to the end users?my guy,i can list many projects still under construction that he used for campaign.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:58am On Jun 20, 2015
There was no talk of our refineries working. The plan was to increase Petrol price In the name of fighting the importing Cabals.

IsraeliAIRFORCE:
APC were crying for absence of subsidy provision in 2015 budget to the amazement of all Nigerians because they had no clue of President Jonathan's plans on how to go around subsidy in 2015.

Goodluck Jonathan and his economic team have worked out how to manage low crude prices and still keep the country flying hence they overhauling of all the country's refineries.

Ask yourselves, Why should Jonathan drastically cut subsidy budget if the refineries were not going to work? Answer - He has taken care of our refineries

Remember, our refineries are outdated hence spares are had to assess because original equipment manufacturers have stop supporting the system.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Jorussia(m): 11:04am On Jun 20, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

I can now understand you have zero experience in what Turn Around Maintenance of outdated plant cost in terms of resources and procurements.

You think Refineries are like I pass my Neighbour generator sets? Sorry they aren't
I can see that you are not matured at all,and you have not been following developments in the country. I asked you are a question about the subsidy budget and instead of you to answer me,you are simply being insincere.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:05am On Jun 20, 2015
PassingShot:
Before March 28, 2015 Elections:

6. Feb 2015 - Nigerian Engineers to Repair Refineries for N99bn –NNPC
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation on Wednesday said it had engaged the services of in-house engineers to rehabilitate the country’s three ailing refineries at a cost of $550m (N99bn), down from the $1.6bn (N288bn) presented to it by foreign contractors.
The refineries are the Port Harcourt Refining Company, Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company Limited and the Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company Limited.

The Group Executive Director, Refining and Petrochemicals, NNPC, Mr. Ian Udoh, stated that the corporation resolved to use indigenous engineers because it could not pay the bills of foreign contractors who were nominated by the original builders of the refineries.
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerian-engineers-to-repair-refineries-for-n99bn-nnpc/

Still in March 2015:

7. March 2015 – NNPC to repair refineries with $550m
The Turn Around Maintenance (TAM) of the nation’s refineries will cost $550million, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) said yesterday. The corporation blamed the TAM’s delay on the refusal of the original builders of the four refineries to handle the maintenance contracts.
There are two refineries in Port Harcourt, one in Kaduna and another in Warri. They are all working below capacity, unable to meet the consumption demands of Nigerians. http://thenationonlineng.net/new/nnpc-to-repair-refineries-with-550m/

8. As recent as March 6, 2015 - Refineries’ll be back on stream 2016 –NNPC
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, yesterday assured that the nation’s four refineries would be fully back on stream in the first quarter of 2016. The corporation also explained why the refineries have not been working optimally, disclosing that NNPC could not afford to pay the outrageous charges of its builders.

The corporation’s Coordinator, Corporate Planning and Strategy, Dr. Tim Okon, disclosed these while updating members of the Senate Committee on Petroleum (Downstream) on activities of the refineries.
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/refineriesll-be-back-on-stream-2016-nnpc/
June 18, 2015 - Nigeria’s refineries to resume production next month
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/06/nigerias-refineries-to-resume-production-next-month-official/

Going by the stated sequence of events in our refineries as given by NNPC, is there any link or development in the time past to warrant getting the latest news that our refineries will resume production in July?

The spokesman, Ohi Alegbe, stated that “the operations resume after a successful turn-around-maintenance (overhaul) of their facilities” but they didn’t just want to make noise about it! Who is fooling who?

Let GEJ’s supporters help us answer the following questions?
1. When has TAM of plants become an action conducted in secrecy?
2. When was the TAM awarded and to which company?
3. If local engineers were used, who paid the N99bn that was reported to be needed as recent as last February?

Conclusion
I am of the strong opinion that GEJ was completely fooled not only by Diezani and her cohorts but also by the sycophants he surrounded himself with. The man must surely be biting his fingers wherever he is currently. In not making our refineries work, the oil cabals saw a huge avenue to corruptly enrich themselves and they seized the opportunity through oil subsidies.

It is not unknown what PMB’s stand on fuel subsidy is. He has consistently maintained that the oil subsidy was a fraud and that he would look into why our refineries have not worked. PMB recently rubbished the fuel subsidy scam when he said “I don’t know what fuel subsidy means” - http://dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/top-stories/20804-i-don-t-know-what-fuel-subsidy-means-buhari.

The president has also been reported to be set to probe NNPC N30trn unaccounted oil revenue under Jonathan - http://www.nationaldailyng.com/news/latest-news/4116-buhari-set-to-probe-nnpc-n30trn-unaccounted-oil-revenue-under-jonathan

The fact of the matter is that, NNPC’s top shots are aware of what PMB knows. They know him to know the workings of NNPC and our refineries having been a petroleum minister and a former Head of State. As such, it is reasonable to expect the corporation (NNPC) to act differently with him than what they did with GEJ.

The famous quote by Abraham Lincoln is very apt here:
“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”

I therefore challenge any of GEJ's supporters and sympathizers to prove otherwise.

Submissions of a schizophrenic patient...

All you wrote here show actions and payments by Jonathan but withe discrepancy in delivery date; a variable factor subject to human factor....

I challenge you to name or show any action direct or indirect by Buhari that shows he initiated... or paid....or contributed by policy...or anything towards whatever positive news there is to these refineries....you keep showing how deranged you're daily....

13 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Jorussia(m): 11:09am On Jun 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Submissions of a schizophrenic patient...

All you wrote here show actions and payments by Jonathan but withe discrepancy in delivery date; a variable factor subject to human factor....

I challenge you to name or show any action direct or indirect by Buhari that shows he initiated... or paid....or contributed by policy...or anything towards whatever positive news there is to these refineries....you keep showing how deranged you're daily....
Who b dis one self?Where you for come out?Abeg go wash your teeth before you comment here, your mouth dey smell.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:14am On Jun 20, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Sure, passingshot. To the best of my knowledge, the refineries could have been fixed during GEJ's regime, but they chose to tell Nigerians a story that will give them enough opportunity to scam us till the end of their tenure.

I could remember vividly when the NNPC gave estimate of how much it will cost them to fix our refineries (in Feb 2015 b4 handing over), when they also gave us the duration of a year b4 it can be operational.

In NNPC's words:
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerian-engineers-to-repair-refineries-for-n99bn-nnpc/

I wonder what happened overnight that they are now saying it will begin to funtion by next month.

Now this is my "church mind"; if President Muhammadu Buhari refuses to jail any1, among those involved in this NNPC scam, the respect I have for him will reduce or even vanish. angry angry angry undecided

Delivery date in contracts are mere forecasts subject to human factor...

If anybody should go to jail for such discrepancy in delivery date, it should be someone who delivers later than than the date stated not earlier than such date...

Fashola even with his $1billion loan on Lagos rail with delivery date of June 2013 is being worshipped by folks like you even as his successor is about taking another loan for same project....it is pathetic to be a hypocrite and bigot...

10 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 11:15am On Jun 20, 2015
Jorussia:
I can see that you are not matured at all,and you have not been following developments in the country. I asked you are a question about the subsidy budget and instead of you to answer me,you are simply being insincere.

How can I be insincere when I am expressing those opinions from the point of an Industrial Automation and Process Control Expert spanning across so many industries and decades on a project like Turn Around Maintenance of obsolete plants?

I am done, bye

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:19am On Jun 20, 2015
adioolayi:
Are you pained? tongue

temitemi1 should be pained that a kinsman is reasoning like an ediot, sadist and schizophrenic patient...

Why not quit disgracing your brethren here...

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:21am On Jun 20, 2015
Jorussia:
Who b dis one self?Where you for come out?Abeg go wash your teeth before you comment here, your mouth dey smell.

Did you still register yesterday in HDP; Hunger Displaced People's camp Osun/Ibadan chapter

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:24am On Jun 20, 2015
geesampower:
Op, I must admit. Your argument makes a lot of sense. IF it was a function of the last administration (GEJ) I don't think they would have been telling us in March (gej as president) that we would be having functional refineries by 2016, then all of a sudden back-track and say refineries will be functional in a months time.
I believe there is more to this than we are being told and we can't exclude the fact that it has to do with buhari. This is not about taking sides but examining the facts

What sense is an argument where evidence of project initiation, payment, and execution are before you...but you choose to fight over delivery date...Aren't you supposed to be happy that the contractor delivered before date of forecast?...You're guys are quite pathetic...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by GOATandYAMtheory: 11:26am On Jun 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Delivery date in contracts are mere forecasts subject to human factor...

If anybody should go to jail for such discrepancy in delivery date, it should be someone who delivers later than than the date stated not earlier than such date...

Fashola even with his $1billion loan on Lagos rail with delivery date of June 2013 is being worshipped by folks like you even as his successor is about taking another loan for same project....it is pathetic to be a hypocrite and bigot...
what is this barca's yesman saying again? undecided when will u ever makesense? You call it mere forecast? Something that was forecasted to function in 18months begins to function a year earlier because power changed hands. SMH for U. And na person born u o!

9 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Jorussia(m): 11:29am On Jun 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Did you still register yesterday in HDP; Hunger Displaced People's camp Osun/Ibadan chapter
You are a depraved ethnic bigot. Every comment that counters yours is according to your shallow reasoning from a Yoruba man.I am a proud Bini man,for your information. You better find a way pulling of the garment of ethnic bigotry that you currently putting on, it stinks.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:31am On Jun 20, 2015
Jorussia:
.I believe the NNPC and the ministry of petroleum were not sincere about the real state of our refineries. They kept on telling Nigerians that they have signed turnaround maintenance, and yet no work on ground to show for it.In the past administration,we were told that turnaround maintenance takes between 6-12 months,but one wonders how this turnaround maintenance is taking few weeks to do.The bottom line is,our refinery was not as bad as we were made to believe, rather the agents of NNPC and ministry wanted the continuation of petroleum importation for their selfish interest.Its the body language of PMB,that has brought this new development.

Common sense isn't common sincerely... Why are you pathetic and bigoted cretins foaming through the mouth because a company delivered before its date of forecast...what a bunch of sadists...You expect them to be advertising their work schedule and progress on the dailies to satisfy nincompoops like you?...

8 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by GOATandYAMtheory: 11:34am On Jun 20, 2015
Jorussia:
You are a depraved ethnic bigot. Every comment that counters yours is according to your shallow reasoning from a Yoruba man.I am a proud Bini man,for your information. You better find a way pulling of the garment of ethnic bigotry that you currently putting on, it stinks.
that's the problem the likes of that barca's yesman have. You can imagine him quoting me and giving reference to Fashola and Ambode because he thinks I am yoruba and from Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:36am On Jun 20, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
what is this barca's yesman saying again? undecided when will u ever makesense? You call it mere forecast? Something that was forecasted to function in 18months begins to function a year earlier because power changed hands. SMH for U. And na person born u o!

happy to be barcanista yesman...because it will be pathetic to be a sadistic and ediotic you...

Now...compare your reasoning to Fashola cum APC Lagos rail with delivery date of June 2013 with billions of dollars down the drain...Today, it is about more loans to finance same project....

9 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Jorussia(m): 11:36am On Jun 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Common sense isn't common sincerely... Why are you pathetic and bigoted cretins foaming through the mouth because a company delivered before its date of forecast...what a bunch of sadists...You expect them to be advertising their work schedule and progress on the dailies to satisfy nincompoops like you?...
Please stop quoting me,kid

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:38am On Jun 20, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
APC were crying for absence of subsidy provision in 2015 budget to the amazement of all Nigerians because they had no clue of President Jonathan's plans on how to go around subsidy in 2015.

Goodluck Jonathan and his economic team have worked out how to manage low crude prices and still keep the country flying hence they overhauling of all the country's refineries.

Ask yourselves, Why should Jonathan drastically cut subsidy budget if the refineries were not going to work? Answer - He has taken care of our refineries

Remember, our refineries are outdated hence spares are had to assess because original equipment manufacturers have stop supporting the system.

God bless you...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by otr1(m): 11:40am On Jun 20, 2015
When Baba and Tam David West said subsidy is a scam, y'all said their mouths are smelling.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:44am On Jun 20, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Instead of calling him an I'diot why don't you counter his points smiley

What point are there to counter

The stupidddd and bigoted passingshot showed evidence of project initiation by Jonathan... evidence of project financing by Jonathan...with discrepancy in date of delivery...

Now the contractor delivered before date of forecast instead of being happy and sincerely ascribing praise to the right man...he's foaming through the mouth...I wanted to see him show a SINGLE evidence linking Buhari to the TAM of those refineries but alas NONE...yet he thinks in his deluded and schizophrenic mind that Jonathan isn't the architect of all these...

Now compare this to reduced subsidy fund in 2015 budget and it will show you that Jonathan has already planned and incorporated all those in...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 20, 2015
TheOtherview:
PassingShot, your head dey there (a turn of phrase I picked up on NL) grin

But wait; you forgot to mention that Madam Minister's subterranean attempts to mothball and then offload those refineries to her cronies, also accounted for the delay.

Source
So they were secretly fixing the refineries with public funds to sell it to their friends when its fully operational. Wow

7 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by DropShot: 11:46am On Jun 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Your post shows how schizophrenic, deranged and angered you're...why not show us evidence of payment or such as initiated by Buhari rather all you wrote here are evidence of payments and actions by Jonathan but with discrepancy on delivery date....you're an ediot sincerely...
You're the one who has proved to be deranged and angered by this post. Why not counter the OP's points instead of resulting to insults and name calling which are clearly signs of people lacking in ability to argue with facts.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by kindnyce(m): 11:46am On Jun 20, 2015
ANYBODY THAT ATTRIBUTES THE SUCCESSES OF THE NNNPC TO GEJ NOT BUHARI IS A A SLOWPOKE

PMB HAS TO BE GIVEN THE CREDIT

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by emmykk(m): 11:47am On Jun 20, 2015
eleojo23:
Whether it is GEJ or Buhari that is responsible, all of that is just for political discussion and arguments.

What matters to Nigerians is that the refineries will finally start working and they get to spend less on fuel. Period.

Those who have the time can go ahead and engage in arguments and debate on the issue.
if the refineries workk next month it is gej

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:47am On Jun 20, 2015
Jorussia:
Please stop quoting me,kid

Good to be a kid with some matter upstairs than an adult with ediotic and sadistic reasoning like yours...

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by premConcept: 11:48am On Jun 20, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Is this for real?
no it's film trick.

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

What point are there to counter

The stupidddd and bigoted passingshot showed evidence of project initiation by Jonathan... evidence of project financing by Jonathan...with discrepancy in date of delivery...

Now the contractor delivered before date of forecast instead of being happy and sincerely ascribing praise to the right man...he's foaming through the mouth...I wanted to see him show a SINGLE evidence linking Buhari to the TAM of those refineries but alas NONE...yet he thinks in his deluded and schizophrenic mind that Jonathan isn't the architect of all these...

Now compare this to reduced subsidy fund in 2015 budget and it will show you that Jonathan has already planned and incorporated all those in...

Why is everyone who doesn't have the same opinions as you do a bigot?? You just keep throwing that word around

6 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by An2elect2(f): 11:50am On Jun 20, 2015
We know already...mediocrity should not stand a chance in present day Nigeria no more...Sai baba. lol
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 20, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Please tell Nigerians how Jonathan and his economic team would have managed N149b in 2015 budget without functional refineries?

But the amount paid on subsidy had dropped significantly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Babagana Monguno: Meet The Man That Buhari Made National Security Adviser / Police Displays Money "Wike Bribed INEC Officials With" In Court (Photos) / Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.