Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production (51387 Views)

Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu / JUST IN!!! Buhari Not Jonathan Responsible For Recession - CBN / Jonathan Responsible For PDP Crisis — Ogbulafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by osimataylor(m): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2015
CSTR2:
Idiott.
On one hand it is too early for buhari to stem the tides of bokoharam, yet it is not too early for buhari to claim another man's labours.
Replying to your thread beyond this would be a very stupidd thing to do.
Enjoy your self-delusion with your likes.
Bye.
Your mama born you well.What a response!Thank you. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by exx(m): 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2015
Is there nobody working in the refineries that's on nairaland to tell us the truth...don't worry nobody will catch you grin
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Tex42(m): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2015
Jona is the ex-president of Nigeria and let's just leave it at that. This useless comparison is not want Nigerians want, all they are asking for is a good standard of living. Nigerians want to live a quality life, they want to relish the dividend of democracy, not this senseless comparison of few out of millions that yields nothing but divided in the pursuit for a common goal(good governance).

Can't believe the op took his time to compose such a 'comprehensive rubbish'.

Had the Op's write up been in hard copy, it would've made the bin on arrival.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by geesampower(m): 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2015
dalass:
Wo that NNPC is certainly the MOST CORRUPT ORGANIZATION IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!
Hehehehe
Sister, easy o. cheesy
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by malcomvee: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2015
And Liar Mohammed the loudest mouth in Nigeria has not made any noise? Ma guy go n rest please... Next!!

PassingShot:
Before March 28, 2015 Elections:

6. Feb 2015 - Nigerian Engineers to Repair Refineries for N99bn –NNPC
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation on Wednesday said it had engaged the services of in-house engineers to rehabilitate the country’s three ailing refineries at a cost of $550m (N99bn), down from the $1.6bn (N288bn) presented to it by foreign contractors.
The refineries are the Port Harcourt Refining Company, Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company Limited and the Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company Limited.

The Group Executive Director, Refining and Petrochemicals, NNPC, Mr. Ian Udoh, stated that the corporation resolved to use indigenous engineers because it could not pay the bills of foreign contractors who were nominated by the original builders of the refineries.
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/nigerian-engineers-to-repair-refineries-for-n99bn-nnpc/

Still in March 2015:

7. March 2015 – NNPC to repair refineries with $550m
The Turn Around Maintenance (TAM) of the nation’s refineries will cost $550million, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) said yesterday. The corporation blamed the TAM’s delay on the refusal of the original builders of the four refineries to handle the maintenance contracts.
There are two refineries in Port Harcourt, one in Kaduna and another in Warri. They are all working below capacity, unable to meet the consumption demands of Nigerians. http://thenationonlineng.net/new/nnpc-to-repair-refineries-with-550m/

8. As recent as March 6, 2015 - Refineries’ll be back on stream 2016 –NNPC
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, yesterday assured that the nation’s four refineries would be fully back on stream in the first quarter of 2016. The corporation also explained why the refineries have not been working optimally, disclosing that NNPC could not afford to pay the outrageous charges of its builders.

The corporation’s Coordinator, Corporate Planning and Strategy, Dr. Tim Okon, disclosed these while updating members of the Senate Committee on Petroleum (Downstream) on activities of the refineries.
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/refineriesll-be-back-on-stream-2016-nnpc/
June 18, 2015 - Nigeria’s refineries to resume production next month
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/06/nigerias-refineries-to-resume-production-next-month-official/

Going by the stated sequence of events in our refineries as given by NNPC, is there any link or development in the time past to warrant getting the latest news that our refineries will resume production in July?

The spokesman, Ohi Alegbe, stated that “the operations resume after a successful turn-around-maintenance (overhaul) of their facilities” but they didn’t just want to make noise about it! Who is fooling who?

Let GEJ’s supporters help us answer the following questions?
1. When has TAM of plants become an action conducted in secrecy?
2. When was the TAM awarded and to which company?
3. If local engineers were used, who paid the N99bn that was reported to be needed as recent as last February?

Conclusion
I am of the strong opinion that GEJ was completely fooled not only by Diezani and her cohorts but also by the sycophants he surrounded himself with. The man must surely be biting his fingers wherever he is currently. In not making our refineries work, the oil cabals saw a huge avenue to corruptly enrich themselves and they seized the opportunity through oil subsidies.

It is not unknown what PMB’s stand on fuel subsidy is. He has consistently maintained that the oil subsidy was a fraud and that he would look into why our refineries have not worked. PMB recently rubbished the fuel subsidy scam when he said “I don’t know what fuel subsidy means” - http://dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/top-stories/20804-i-don-t-know-what-fuel-subsidy-means-buhari.

The president has also been reported to be set to probe NNPC N30trn unaccounted oil revenue under Jonathan - http://www.nationaldailyng.com/news/latest-news/4116-buhari-set-to-probe-nnpc-n30trn-unaccounted-oil-revenue-under-jonathan

The fact of the matter is that, NNPC’s top shots are aware of what PMB knows. They know him to know the workings of NNPC and our refineries having been a petroleum minister and a former Head of State. As such, it is reasonable to expect the corporation (NNPC) to act differently with him than what they did with GEJ.

The famous quote by Abraham Lincoln is very apt here:
“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”

I therefore challenge any of GEJ's supporters and sympathizers to prove otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I will repost this your post in every page. May God bless you. Where is barcanista?
hey Dear, what's up! I just saw this thread...I hope they are prepared for rebuttal!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by CSTR2: 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Instead of calling him an I'diot why don't you counter his points smiley
That would be a complete waste of brain power and energy that i need for more important things.
If you are not smart or clear -headed enough to see how ridiculous his "points" are at a single reading , then i can't help you.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Abagworo(m): 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2015
Jorussia:
.I believe the NNPC and the ministry of petroleum were not sincere about the real state of our refineries. They kept on telling Nigerians that they have signed turnaround maintenance, and yet no work on ground to show for it.In the past administration,we were told that turnaround maintenance takes between 6-12 months,but one wonders how this turnaround maintenance is taking few weeks to do.The bottom line is,our refinery was not as bad as we were made to believe, rather the agents of NNPC and ministry wanted the continuation of petroleum importation for their selfish interest.Its the body language of PMB,that has brought this new development.

That is why people should try and believe some informed ones on this forum. I once wrote it plain that the refineries were not that bad but FG influence the lease of storage facilities to importers AKA subsidy fraudsters thereby making the refineries useless.

Some power plants are in the same State with particular reference being Geometric in Aba. Obasanjo admin gave Geometric exclusive rights to produce and distribute power to Aba area as a start off the outright privatisation but under Jonathan it was politicised with Aba placed under Enugu disco which has lead to the power plant being shut down. I equaly expect Buhari to rectify it soon and take the glory. Nigeria is already getting better.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Chesman10(m): 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
Jorussia:
taking care of refineries, when NNPC said the refineries will be back by 2016?Turnaround maintenance already on and GEJ didn't use it for campaign? My guy,please be reasonable.
This post does not make sense.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Damalex4luv(m): 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
But seriously I wonder why some people supports GEJ just because he's from the part of there country. The truth is that GEJ has really suffered the poor in this country and he happens to be a very wicked man that pretends to be nice. A president that could allocate a whooping sum of 1billion naira for just feeding on a yearly basis clearly sum up the kind of person he was.
@Op you're such a very intelligent guy for bringing this points out to some deluded GEJ supporters on this forum.
If GEJ was truly bent on getting the refinery working at full capacity
1. This would have been the most priority focus of his maifesto during the elections but he never mentioned it
2. I believe that the refinery was working but GEJ made us believe that the refinery is something that's a function of rocket science that can't easily be done in just a matter of months/years yet millions of dollars is been pumped into the subsidy scam to make us believe that the used fuels are been imported
3. If GEJ have won the elections, the refinery wouldn't have worked for his duration of the whole 2nd term in office. Nigerians would have suffered the same faith that they went through during his 1st term tenure
In conclusion we should all remember that PMB won the elections on march 28 which is almost 3months now and that should be enough to make the executive heads of NNPC come back to there senses by making sure they come out plain with the best idea in the whole situation and that why they had to tell us that the refinery that was slated to work by April next year will now be working by the end of this month

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Bovis(m): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
I wonder why they picked the month of April as completion date , perhaps to fool us till April 2019 grin
The wind of change don blow fowl Yansh open. The subsidy scam started during the days of OBJ. All the top PDP goons benefited from it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by seangy4konji: 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
All of you can go to hell for all i care but i know for over many years now no one said anything about the refinery starting work till recently...

sHIKENA.
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by dalass(f): 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2015
geesampower:
Hehehehe Sister, easy o. cheesy
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Najatu: 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
May God help u do so
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by PassingShot(m): 2:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
barcanista:
hey Dear, what's up! I just saw this thread...I hope they are prepared for rebuttal!
Waiting for it. cool grin
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Imokay: 2:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

cheesy there are more olodo than I imagined around here...

1)Issuing bonds is same thing that will trigger increased debts...A reason for which APC has been making noise notwithstanding states controlled by them owe and borrow more...

2)NNPC by the law setting them up finance their projects from their income while sending the balance to CBN as revenue for all tiers of government...so FG cannot borrow money and send to them so to say...

3)Raising bonds isn't a question of days...rather lots of calculations of short; medium and long term pros and cons are involved... you can use borrowing from commercial banks to understand my explanation better bro...

4)1 trillion...do you know how much our total budget is? and even our total subsidy package?... nawa for una...all these beer parlour boys here sef...

5)Why not understand the basics of economics and elementary governance procedures before engaging in such discussions are these...

I don't have your time, so government will issue bonds, pay 15% interest and do nothing with the money abi? i see why Jonathan had many dumb supporters like himself.
I guess the refineries where also build with only NNPC internal funds likewise the NLNG plant etc. Wake Mr. this is age of information

Give us how much Jonthan paid as subsidy yearly for the past 5 years and come and justify it's inability to raise 99 Billion to save more that 80% of that amount.

I have no time time to address your other misinformation

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by sean079: 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2015
Bovis:
I wonder why they picked the month of April as completion date , perhaps to fool us till April 2019 grin
The wind of change don blow fowl Yansh open. The subsidy scam started during the days of OBJ. All the top PDP goons benefited from it.

that is just d real truth d fraud was started by obj making over night wealthy guys like dangote, otedola, ovia, ubahs, ofor, n many more n dis same tactics was perpetrated in grand scale by jonathan. u can imagine yaradua reducing price to #65. obj wherever ure just no one day dat every man is going to die

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:05pm On Jun 20, 2015
Imokay:

I don't have your time, so government will issue bonds, pay 15% interest and do nothing with the money abi? i see why Jonathan had many dumb supporters like himself.
I guess the refineries where also build with only NNPC internal funds likewise the NLNG plant etc. Wake Mr. this is age of information

Give us how much Jonthan paid as subsidy yearly for the past 5 years and come and justify it's inability to raise 99 Billion to save more that 80% of that amount.

I have no time time to address your other misinformation

If only the madman knows that he's mad tongue

Just like the numerous bonds issued by Aregbesola and co brought unimaginable development to their people...

At FULL capacity, all four refineries will produce 19million litres daily...Consumption capacity for Nigeria daily is 40million litres...So how do you save your 80% from subsidy bro

Who's misinformed here now?...smh

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by jibrilaminu003(m): 3:08pm On Jun 20, 2015
CSTR2:
Idiott.
On one hand it is too early for buhari to stem the tides of bokoharam, yet it is not too early for buhari to claim another man's labours.
Bye.

Yeah, replying him would be a stupid thing to do, wouldn't it? In ur words I quote
ENJOY YOUR SELF DELUSION WITH YOUR LIKES.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by jibrilaminu003(m): 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2015
CSTR2:
Idiott.
Bye.

Since you've got no means to challenge, replying him would be a stupid thing to do, wouldn't it? But how would you define your comment. In ur words I quote
ENJOY YOUR SELF DELUSION WITH YOUR LIKES.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by 989900: 3:27pm On Jun 20, 2015
Some threads are about opinions, while some would only take 'facts' and unbiased discretion as minimum requirements.

It's sad to see so many literate people, subscribing to ignorance, all in their bid to justify/lay lame excuses for Goodluck Jonathan (who practically ruined Nigeria's economy/lives).
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Imokay: 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

If only the madman knows that he's mad tongue

Just like the numerous bonds issued by Aregbesola and co brought unimaginable development to their people...

At FULL capacity, all four refineries will produce 19million litres daily...Consumption capacity for Nigeria daily is 40million litres...So how do you save your 80% from subsidy bro

Who's misinformed here now?...smh

You are still on your self imposed mission to justify frittering away about 4 trillion on subsidy payment because some phantom laws prevents FG or NNPC from sourcing 99 Billion to save a huge chunk of the payment. So many comedians posing as public analyst.

For your information i dis agree with NNPC statement that the refineries will only give 19 million litres of petrol.

Do the math, if the refineries work at 100% capacity of 450,000 bopd this equivalent to 71 million litres + of crude.

The conversion rate of crude with cracking is approximately 45 - 51%.

Taking 45% conversion we should have 32 million litres of petrol daily

The 19 million litres daily mentioned by NNPC is barely 60% capacity utilisation or an abysmal 28% or thereabout conversion rate,

I am not like Jonathan who was told stealing is not corruption by a Judge and came public to mess himself up by placing it wrongly in public domain. Or FRSC boss told him accidents happen more on good roads and he came to repeat it verbatim in public, insinuating his government will leave roads is bad shape.

Évery public information should be open to scrutiny, non is cast in stone until we all agree it is true.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2015
God of gej will judge them takin credit for another humble servant work
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by martineverest(m): 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2015
Mtcheww.foolish talk...dey dia dey worship anenih.as if him go put food for ur table....tank god esan ppl don dey change from pdp
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Esan woman
U leave tony anenih dhe support anoda party
Support ur own
Jonathan is our own

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by braivheart: 3:42pm On Jun 20, 2015
meracool:
NNPC is just too shady for this reason GEJ did nothing to the refineries

All he gave us were all scam Oil Subsidy, green fields refinery etc....

If GEJ was the winner of the election NNPC will still maintain that the refineries will work in 2016.

And when 2016 comes they'll tell us a different story and push the date further.

Seems we were the only ones that got the OP.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 3:42pm On Jun 20, 2015
Obiagelli:

From the links posted by the OP, it's hard to tell, especially that it is reported that the Goodluck administration had plans to sell them to "friends".

One theory is that the refineries could deliberately have been stopped from working because of the juicy frauds from subsidy payment.

You can't even start production with a working but redundant obsolete refinery like ours without routine minor maintenance.

Let me help you as an Automation Engineer and Process Control Expert. The continuous function of our refineries are dependent of so many functions which the most is availability of spare parts and modules.

Our Refineries are obsolete hence the availability of most of the spares and modules are very scarce as they are no longer manufactured/supported by the Original Equipment Manufacturers rather by a third party whose budget is dependent on orders received hence the high cost of maintaining Nigerian Refineries which is irritating and economically not viable.

From every indication, I suspect our Refineries are not economically viable under government control because of attitudes of government employees compared to their private counterparts hence the call for privatization.

Ordinarily, the NNPC should be able to take on routine maintenance from profits accruing to the Agency without Government intervention but alas this is not the situation because of wide spread corruption within the agency leading to loses and non profitability of the Plants.

The huge budgets quoted in pages of newspapers for TAM are special government interventions and grants needed to put the Plants back on stream without which the system remains redundant.

Periodically, even after government intervention there are needs for replenishment of spares in anticipation for an abrupt failure of control systems that can render the plant un-operational for months if not procured hence to source for critical spares is very important but the question is can you get these spares and modules if ordered in small quantity - the answer is No.

For the fact that the employees of these Refineries are paid notwithstanding the status of their commitment is worrisome.

The long and short story is that TAM of an idle plant takes months and huge budget hence there is no fast way or shortcut to get it done in one month neither can the fear of Buhari produce mechanical spares and control modules to quick start the redundant plants.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Imokay: 3:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
atlwireles:

How to beat some sense into NL Olodos. Brought to you by Soul train. grin grin

You people are hard to tell apart from cattle, the way you all follow one direction, is it false statements buy your buddy you are celebrating so hard, tell us subsidy did not hit and cross 1 trillion for the first time under GEJ, you can swallow the remaining nonsense and regurgitate it like a ruminant

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by 989900: 3:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
Imokay:

You are still on your self imposed mission to justify frittering away about 4 trillion on subsidy payment because some phantom laws prevents FG or NNPC from sourcing 99 Billion to save a huge chunk of the payment. So many comedians posing as public analyst.

For your information i dis agree with NNPC statement that the refineries will only give 19 million litres of petrol.

Do the math, if the refineries work at 100% capacity of 450,000 bopd this equivalent to 71 million litres + of crude.

The conversion rate of crude with cracking is approximately 45 - 51%.

Taking 45% conversion we should have 32 million litres of petrol daily

The 19 million litres daily mentioned by NNPC is barely 60% capacity utilisation or an abysmal 28% or thereabout conversion rate,

I am not like Jonathan who was told stealing is not corruption by a Judge and came public to mess himself up by placing it wrongly in public domain. Or FRSC boss told him accidents happen more on good roads and he came to repeat it verbatim in public, insinuating his government will leave roads is bad shape.

Évery public information should be open to scrutiny, non is cast in stone until we all agree it is true.

They didn't want the refineries to work -- that's basic.

Well, for the kind of crude we have, and our refineries at 100% functionality, we would be getting 22-32 million litres of PMS (depending on what product(s) the distillation process is optimized for).

However my grouse is: how did they come about our 40m l/d consumption rate?

1. If we consume 40m l, why is there subsidy fraud? I mean, that's how much it's on paper we bring in, that means there've been no over payments.

2. Have they removed the ones they smuggle to Niger, Benin Republic, Togo, Cameroun?

3. How do we trust the same organisation that does not know:

a. How much it makes.

b. How many accounts it has.

c. How much money is missing/unaccounted for.

How does the same organisation know how much fuel we put in our generators, cars and e.t.c. per day?
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Blacksodje(m): 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
I personally feel the refineries had some ishs and were duly work on during GEJ's regime but they wer made to be non-functional
Buhari's personality only ensured they are functioning
Remb, soup (oil subsidy) wey dey sweet, dem (d cabals) nor dey rush lick am
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by MalcoImX: 3:52pm On Jun 20, 2015
andresia:
Sai Buhari!
Kai Jonathan!
Re: Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Let me help you as an Automation Engineer and Process Control Expert. The continuous function of our refineries are dependent of so many functions which the most is availability of spare parts and modules.

What you ain't getting right here is,

1, when were the refineries fixed? 2015? 2014 or earlier

2, were the refineries actually fixed? Did someone stop the refineries and lied to us because so much fraudulent money was coming from subsidy payment.

3, what percentage were the refineries at before the numerous TAM, were they @ 0%

4, did someone turn the switch back on when Buhari took over to cover their fraud?

Many questions brother

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Police Displays Money "Wike Bribed INEC Officials With" In Court (Photos) / Babagana Monguno: Meet The Man That Buhari Made National Security Adviser / Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.