Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? (14761 Views)

Charles Obong Buried With N17M In Uganda To Bribe God To Enter Into Heaven / Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? / Was Elijah Assumed Into Heaven Before Mary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by Emusan(m): 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
dolphinheart:
The questions are an integral part of the post, you can't leave it out if you want to reply to my post. [size=14pt]If you are really interest in what I said in those post and you want to contribute to the discussion, you need to answer the questions in the post.[/size]

The bold part shows that you need to go back to elementary school.

And I've told you that your questions didn't interest me, what else do you want?

Getting bible based answers to those questions will help me, you and everyone reading this thread to have a better understanding of the issues under discussion . If you can answer them, pls share it with us.

Now you're talking but to say because I extracted a part of your post THEN I MUST ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS is nonsensical. but don't worry if it seems good to me to answer I will.

The truth is you're not seeking for the truth!

Yes! , the "only" is my problem, dnt like it when people say or imply that I said or imply what I did not say or imply.

I can see your problem, whereas the use of my ONLY in that post is the reference I made to WHEN QUESTION IS BEING THROWN TO YOU which I take to mean you can dodge someone question BUT ALWAYS WANT YOUR OWN QUESTION TO BE ANSWERED. I didn't claim is your word!

Is it clear now?
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by johnw74: 2:53pm On Jul 04, 2015
MizJanet:

Buhahaha , But both can be translated " brought forth" ,isnt it ? Thats the point.

That same psalm 90:2 proves you WRONG , " the earth and the world were 'brought forth' " that same exact hebrew word used in proverb 8:24 appears here grin

*Lols*

And yet again and again you do not know what you are talking about,
the Hebrew for "bought forth" in Proverbs 8 and Psalm 90 are different words with diffrent meanings..
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by MizJanet(f): 2:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
Emusan

Fourthly, so what does it mean to BROUGHT FOURTH in case of Prov 8:24? The Wisdom of God was brought fourth Adam Clake "I was brought forth] ytllwx cholalti, " [size=24] I was produced [/size] as by labouring throes.""

Very hilarious @ underlined , I was PRODUCED. Am sure you know what it means to be produced . cheesy

Honestly the way you religiotards think baffles me .

Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by MizJanet(f): 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2015
johnw74:

And yet again and again you do not know what you are talking about,
the Hebrew for "bought forth" in Proverbs 8 and Psalm 90 are different words with diffrent meanings..

@underlined ,really? Different meaning yet your bible translators use the same meaning " brought forth"

Its either you are the silly one here Or your bible translators to english are sick . One must be true
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by dolphinheart(m): 3:15pm On Jul 04, 2015
Emusan:

The bold part shows that you need to go back to elementary school.

And I've told you that your questions didn't interest me, what else do you want?

Now you're talking but to say because I extracted a part of your post THEN I MUST ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS is nonsensical. but don't worry if it seems good to me to answer I will.

The truth is you're not seeking for the truth!

I can see your problem, whereas the use of my ONLY in that post is the reference I made to WHEN QUESTION IS BEING THROWN TO YOU which I take to mean you can dodge someone question BUT ALWAYS WANT YOUR OWN QUESTION TO BE ANSWERED. I didn't claim is your word!

Is it clear now?

You can abuse or use derogatory words all day, I'm not going to go to that level with you. Was not raised in that format.

the issue is I Made a post in which I asked some questions . The questions are part of the post and I intend anybody replying that post to answer the questions that is part of that post. You now replied or rather jumped into the post and did not answer the questions. These I have issues with as such procedures could mean it is no longer a disscusion but an argument which I will not participate in. Thus I'm saying if you want to discuss the issues laid down in my post, pls answer t he questions asked if you know them. From there we can have a better understanding of each others views and move on from there. I dnt think I've asked for the impossible . Dnt want to go into throwing questions up and down with no one answering each other, let's do it one at a time . And pls no mumble jumble answers pls.

If my questions dnt interest you, then leave my post for those who have interest in the question na!

I dnt like people extracting part of a whole . Extracting parts does not give a whole, precise overview of what the person who posted the whole is trying to say. Extracting part shows there is something sinister in the extractors intent as might not be able to handle the whole message.

Its good you can now see my problem. Only that you have not acted on such knowledge as you have done it again! Pls stop the twisting!!
I'm not dodging ur questions! Ur questions will be answered or not answered , but the questions in the initial post must be answered and cleared away first before me move on to others .

There is no where I stated or implied that I always want my own question to be answered! You like twist twist! I asked questions in a post, its a major part of the post, if you want to discuss that posts, then you have to answer the questions, if you dnt want to answer leave the post and stop using questions to cover or answer initial questions posted.
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by johnw74: 3:17pm On Jul 04, 2015
Emusan:

You don't know JWs before undecided

When their own Watchtower can discredit a whole one time respected Christian 'Justin Martyr' just because Justin Martyr preached that Jesus died on the CROSS not on the STAKE as they wrongly teach.

But in their one time booklet which was blindly distributed before they realized ALL THE LIES they put inside and quickly removed it their ONLINE library titled Should you believe in Trinity? in the booklet, OVER 5 BIBLE THRASHERS WERE quoted because those people spoke against Trinity BUT THEY FAILED TO TELL THEIR AUDIENCE that not do those people only speak against Trinity BUT THE BIBLE AS A WHOLE.

That's why you see them in support of someone who doesn't believe in Bible whereas when we examine the content of both Psalms 90:2 and Proverb 8:24 the table will finally turn against them.

Firstly, the phrase BROUGHT FOURTH was used in the Bible severally which to be understood with the text that surround it.

Secondly, the phrase brought fourth as we see in case of Psalms 90:2 implies that mountains that seems to appear from eternity was actually brought fourth at a particular time just as Adam Clake put it in his commentary "Verse 2. Before the mountains were brought forth: The mountains and hills appear to have been everlasting; but as they were brought forth out of the womb of eternity, there was a time when they were not:..."

Thirdly, we must know that Proverb 8 was actually talking about the WISDOM OF GOD (and Jesus is the Wisdom of God) so it is IMPOSSIBLE for God to create His OWN wisdom, the Wisdom of God must be eternal just as God is eternal. Had it been that the person who raised the issue of Prov 8:24 paid close attention s/he would've seen this in the very text before that verse: "23 I have been established from everlasting, From the beginning, before there was ever an earth." NKJV

Psalm 90:2 says "...Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God" which means ONLY God is from everlasting. Surprisingly, the speaker here also said "I have been ESTABLISHED from everlasting."

Fourthly, so what does it mean to BROUGHT FOURTH in case of Prov 8:24? The Wisdom of God was brought fourth Adam Clake "I was brought forth] ytllwx cholalti, "I was produced as by labouring throes."" The Wisdom of God has been in action and in use from everlasting, this agree with the prophecy of prophet Micah about the Messiah "Whose goings forth are from of old, From EVERLASTING"

Fifthly, even Atheist will agree that every creature needs SPACE and PLACE to occupy and dwell, which leads to my unanswered question by any JWs ever If Jesus is a created being, which comes first Heaven or Jesus?

Lastly, I turn this against JWs Psalm 90:2 says "...Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God", Prov 8:23 says "I have been ESTABLISHED from everlasting." and Micah 5:2 says "Whose goings forth are from of old, From EVERLASTING"

Why did your organization conclude that God is not created by using Psalm 90:2 as support and also concluded that Jesus was created by citing Micah 5:2 in their 'what does Bible really teach booklet pg. 41' when the same word was used in the two verses?

There is quite a bit I can write on it, I may write more later giving more info if you want.

I was bought forth

Pro 8:24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

Proverbs 8:24 is referring to the Word of God:

Pro 8:22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

We are also told that the Word is God:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

God and the Word of God is two persons as Proverbs 8:22-30 and John 1:1 and many other verses show

The Word of God referred to in Proverbs 8:24 is also God, as the scriptures show,
and verses show that God has always existed, not created.

Psa 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
Again showing the Word is God, and other verses show God was not created.

Pro 8:23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
The Hebrew word for "set up" means anointed as King.

Psa 93:2 Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.
The Kings Throne is established.

Proverbs 8:23 and 24 are saying the same thing, the Word of God was set up - bought forth as King.

Pro 8:22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
If the LORD created the Word, then that would be a work. The LORD posessed the Word before any works at all. The Word is, along with God, Eternal.
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by Emusan(m): 9:30pm On Jul 04, 2015
dolphinheart:
You can abuse or use derogatory words all day, I'm not going to go to that level with you. Was not raised in that format.

You need it because to comprehend simple English is hard for which you still display here again.

the issue is I Made a post in which I asked some questions . The questions are part of the post and I intend anybody replying that post to answer the questions that is part of that post. You now replied or rather jumped into the post and did not answer the questions. These I have issues with as such procedures could mean it is no longer a disscusion but an argument which I will not participate in. Thus I'm saying if you want to discuss the issues laid down in my post, pls answer t he questions asked if you know them. From there we can have a better understanding of each others views and move on from there. I dnt think I've asked for the impossible . Dnt want to go into throwing questions up and down with no one answering each other, let's do it one at a time . And pls no mumble jumble answers pls.

And how many times am I going to you that my post WASN'T ABOUT YOUR OWN POST? get life.

If my questions dnt interest you, then leave my post for those who have interest in the question na!

Where is the rope I used to tie down your post or did I hold your post before?

I dnt like people extracting part of a whole . Extracting parts does not give a whole, precise overview of what the person who posted the whole is trying to say. Extracting part shows there is something sinister in the extractors intent as might not be able to handle the whole message.

Swear by Jehovah that you haven't done it before...

Its good you can now see my problem. Only that you have not acted on such knowledge as you have done it again! Pls stop the twisting!!

I should stop the twisting again; when you couldn't comprehend my statement in the first place and I took my time to open your brain to what I'm insinuating.

I'm not dodging ur questions! Ur questions will be answered or not answered , but the questions in the initial post must be answered and cleared away first before me move on to others.

That's why I said you lack simple comprehension, when I posted my post I said I'M NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD ANSWER MY QUESTIONS.
So when I said you dodge question you should know I'm not talking about my post here rather somewhere else that's why I repeat myself that 'A REFERENCE'.

There is no where I stated or implied that I always want my own question to be answered! You like twist twist! I asked questions in a post, its a major part of the post, if you want to discuss that posts, then you have to answer the questions, if you dnt want to answer leave the post and stop using questions to cover or answer initial questions posted.

It's like you just learn the word twist.

Then where did I say "YOU SAID your questions must be answered"? this is my statement "BUT ALWAYS WANT YOUR OWN QUESTION TO BE ANSWERED"

If you ask question and I decided not to answer the question but only attend to the rest of your post, is there any crime about it?

or you want to tell me that you always answer EVERY QUESTION you see in a post.
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by Great0: 10:06pm On Jul 04, 2015
Time now for Atheists in the House.....also praying for you to repent
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by dolphinheart(m): 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2015
Emusan:

You need it because to comprehend simple English is hard for which you still display here again.

And how many times am I going to you that my post WASN'T ABOUT YOUR OWN POST? get life.

Where is the rope I used to tie down your post or did I hold your post before?

Swear by Jehovah that you haven't done it before...

I should stop the twisting again; when you couldn't comprehend my statement in the first place and I took my time to open your brain to what I'm insinuating.

That's why I said you lack simple comprehension, when I posted my post I said I'M NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD ANSWER MY QUESTIONS.
So when I said you dodge question you should know I'm not talking about my post here rather somewhere else that's why I repeat myself that 'A REFERENCE'.

It's like you just learn the word twist.

Then where did I say "YOU SAID your questions must be answered"? this is my statement "BUT ALWAYS WANT YOUR OWN QUESTION TO BE ANSWERED"

If you ask question and I decided not to answer the question but only attend to the rest of your post, is there any crime about it?

or you want to tell me that you always answer EVERY QUESTION you see in a post.

Continue to use derogatory words, ill not go there with you.

Yep, your post is not bout my post , it is about an extract from it. But the extract cannot be explained or understood without first answering the questions there. Once the questions are answered, then the whole post becomes clearer and and conclusive extracts can be made.
I showed swear by jehovah cus I'm discussing something with you? Haba! I wunt do that o!

Good to now know that ur issue with me started from somewhere else. I dnt carry grudge from thread to thread o.not good for my heart.

Oga! My post contains statements in which the questions forms an integral part in it. Answering those questions give anyone a better understand of the words in the post. Let's understand the post first before we begin to extract words.

I dnt always answer all the questions in a post, depending on what the question is, who asked it, if its part of the topic and who its being directed to. But once a question can be used to explain further a post , I tend to answer them to the best of my knowlege. if I can't answer , I try to state so, though not all the time as I'm an imperfect human.
But in this case the questions is a major part to the understanding of my post and the words in it. So pls if you want to comment on any part of my post, pls endeavor to answer the questions .
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by Great0: 2:22pm On Jul 05, 2015
Where is MizJanet
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by davien(m): 5:43pm On Jul 05, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Blank as usual. cheesy
yep,no message to spread....but i'd be a lot more worried about the blank here,lol grin

1 Like

Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by johnw74: 2:14am On Jul 07, 2015
johnw74:

There is quite a bit I can write on it, I may write more later giving more info if you want.

I was bought forth

Pro 8:24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

Proverbs 8:24 is referring to the Word of God:

We are also told that the Word is God:

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

God and the Word of God is two persons as Proverbs 8:22-30 and John 1:1 and many other verses show

The Word of God referred to in Proverbs 8:24 is also God, as the scriptures show,
and verses show that God has always existed, not created.

Psa 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
Again showing the Word is God, and other verses show God was not created.

Pro 8:23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
The Hebrew word for "set up" means anointed as King.

Psa 93:2 Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.
The Kings Throne is established.

Proverbs 8:23 and 24 are saying the same thing, the Word of God was set up - bought forth as King.

If the LORD created the Word, then that would be a work. The LORD posessed the Word before any works at all. The Word is, along with God, Eternal.

1Jn 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by MizJanet(f): 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
johnw74:

1Jn 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;

even the person you are quoting this long epistle for admit the bible jesus was also PRODUCED grin , stop wasting your time
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by MizJanet(f): 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
johnw74:

even the person you are quoting this long epistle for admit the bible jesus was PRODUCED , stop wasting your time grin
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by johnw74: 7:35am On Jul 08, 2015
johnw74:

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by johnw74: 8:10am On Jul 08, 2015
johnw74:

that eternal
G166

αἰώνιος
aiōnios
ahee-o'-nee-os
From G165; perpetual (also used of past time, or past and future as well): - eternal, for ever, everlasting, world (began).
Total KJV occurrences: 71

The Word has a never ending past, and a never ending future.
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by Emusan(m): 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2015
MizJanet:

Very hilarious @ underlined , I was PRODUCED. Am sure you know what it means to be produced . cheesy

Honestly the way you religiotards think baffles me.

"I was produced [size=14pt]as by labouring[/size] throes"

And this is one of my point: Thirdly, we must know that Proverb 8 was actually talking about the WISDOM OF GOD (and Jesus is the Wisdom of God) so it is IMPOSSIBLE for God to create His OWN wisdom, the Wisdom of God must be eternal just as God is eternal. Had it been that the person who raised the issue of Prov 8:24 paid close attention s/he would've seen this in the very text before that verse: "23 I have been established from everlasting, From the beginning, before there was ever an earth." NKJV
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by MizJanet(f): 9:02am On Jul 09, 2015
Ma Ladies are laughing hard at your post , you are a very confused fellow .

Emusan:

"I was produced [size=14pt]as by labouring[/size] throes"

U again admit he was PRODUCED , Good . Labouring throes refers to when a woman is labouring to give birth to a baby. Is ur god a woman to have labour pain ? Or dont you christian folk admit that babies that come out of a woman as a result of labour throes is CREATED ? OR do you forget that 90% of christians go with the explanation that the earth and the world produced by labour pains in psalm 90:2 are created ? grin

[s]
one of my point: [b]Thirdly, we must know that Proverb 8 was actually talking about the WISDOM OF GOD (and Jesus is the Wisdom of God) so it is IMPOSSIBLE for God ,the Wisdom of God must be eternal just as God is eternal. [/s]

So your god became brain dead for THREE days when his wisom was killed by humans ? , this is serious .

Had it been that the person who raised the issue of Prov 8:24 paid close attention she would've seen this in the very text before that verse:"23 I have been established from everlasting [/s]

And so ? Dont you read verse 24 ? You said about mountains
"
Psalms 90:2 implies that mountains that
seems to appear from eternity was actually brought
fourth at a particular time
just as Adam Clake put it
In his commentary "Verse 2. Before the mountains
were brought forth: " The mountains and hills appear
To have been everlasting;
[size=24] but as they were brought
Forth out of the womb of eternity, there was a timeh
when they were not:...
[/size]"
grin notice how the underlined explain your verse 23 in the light of verse 24

2 Likes

Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:43am On Jul 10, 2015
". . . his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction" (2 Peter 3:16)
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by MizJanet(f): 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2015
Great0:

let me explain it to you well.
Noah died before Abraham. That will not make the place to Answer Noah bosom. The bosom is the name of the place not that Abraham is up then other people is beneath, no.
The name of the place all the dead saints await for rapture are called Abraham Bosom.

Dont sell your indoctrinated falsehood here , its never called a place. Answer me: how could Noah die and go to the bossom/chest of his unborn son called Abraham ?
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by Great0: 10:20pm On Jul 11, 2015
MizJanet:

Dont sell your indoctrinated falsehood here , its never called a place. Answer me: how could Noah die and go to the bossom/chest of his unborn son called Abraham ?

i have answer this question before. google it madam
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by MizJanet(f): 11:44am On Jul 12, 2015
Great0:

i have answer this question before. google it madam

Shut up , didnt u say its a place whereas ur bible never ever said its a place , Stop lying grin
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by oaroloye(m): 8:15am On Aug 22, 2016
"WHEN THE SUPERIOR MAN POINTS AT THE MOON,
THE INFERIOR MAN LOOKS AT HIS FINGER!" - Confucius.

SHALOM!

Clearly, if YAHSHUA were denying THE TORAH and THE TANUHK, he should have been STONED instantly.

Maybe that is how one talks in Aramaic.

Maybe he only meant people of their current generation.

Maybe he meant voluntary Ascension of one's own voilition.

. MATTHEW 7:1-6.

"JUDGE not, that ye be not judged.
2. "For with what Judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3. "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4. "Or how wilt thou say to thy brother,

'LET ME PULL OUT THE MOTE
OUT OF THINE EYE;'

and, behold, a beam (is) in thine own eye?
5. "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet,
and turn again, and rend you."

THE HIGHER TRUTHS OF GOD ARE NOT GIVEN TO DOGS AND PIGS LIKE YOURSELF. People who do not follow the KOSHER/TREIF LAW to its Fullest Conclusion, and MEDITATE ON THE WORD OF GOD.

Where did God instruct, that if you don't understand HIS WORD, that you should ASK PEOPLE to explain it to you?

Your DOOM is completely VOLUNTARY.

. LEVITICUS 11:1-12.

AND The LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying unto them,
2. "Speak unto The Children of Israel, saying,
'These (are) the Beasts which ye shall eat
among all the Beasts that are on The Earth.
3. 'Whatsoever parteth the hoof,
and is clovenfooted,
(and) cheweth the cud,
among the Beasts,
that shall ye eat.'
4. "Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the Camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he (is) unclean to you.
5. "And the Coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he (is) unclean unto you.
6. "And the Hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof, he (is) unclean unto you.
7. "And the Swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he (is) unclean unto you.
8. "Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they (are_ unclean to you.
9. "These shall ye eat of all that (are) in the waters:
'Whatsoever hath fins and scales
in the Waters, and in the Seas, and in the Rivers,
them shall ye eat.'
10. "And all that have not fins and scales in the Seas, and in the Rivers, of all that move in the Waters, and of any Living Thing which (is) in the Waters, they shall (be) an abomination unto you.
11. "They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but shall have their carcases in abomination.
12. "Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the Waters, that (shall be) an abomination unto you."

. JOSHUA 1:8.

8. "This Book of The Law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and shalt have good success."

YOU ASK THESE SORTS OF QUESTIONS BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO USE YOUR MIND TO THINK PROPERLY.

[See my Blog: SECRETS OF THE KOSHER DIET.]

. THE TEN TALENTS. (Matt. 25:1-46)

1. TOTAL RECALL.
2. EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. ETERNAL LIFE.

THERE IS A TECHNIQUE OF VOLUNTARY ASCENSION INTO HEAVEN, THAT GOD HAS BEEN TRYING TO TEACH US.

. MATTHEW 22:2-14.

2. "The Kingdom of Heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
3. "And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
4. "Again, he sent forth other servants, saying,

'Tell them which are bidden,

"Behold, I have prepared my dinner:
my oxen and my fatlings are killed,
and all things are ready:
come unto the marriage." '

5. "But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
6. "And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
7. "But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he
sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8. "Then saith he to his servants,

'The wedding is ready,
but they which were bidden
were not worthy.
9. 'Go ye therefore
into the highways,
and as many as ye shall
find, bid to the marriage.'

10. "So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found,
both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
11. "And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12. "And he saith unto him,

'Friend, how camest thou in hither
not having a wedding garment?'

And he was speechless.
13. "Then said the king to the servants,

'Bind him hand and foot,
and take him away,
and cast him into Outer Darkness,
there shall be weeping
and gnashing of teeth.
14. 'For many are called,
but few are chosen.' "

GOD REQUIRES HIS WORSHIPPERS TO MEET HIM IN HEAVEN AS MANY AS THREE TIMES EACH YEAR.

The invitation has been treated exactly as YAHSHUA described in this Parable.

ONLY I KNOW HOW THE CHURCH CAN MEET THIS INVITATION. But you will see how most of- even all of the so-called Christians here will show complete disinterest.
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 18, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
Did anyone ascend into heaven before Jesus or not?

Genesis 5:24; 2 Kings 2:11 and John 3:13

Yes:
"And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him" (Genesis 5:24).

"Then it came about as they were going along and talking, that behold, there appeared a chariot of fire and horses of fire which separated the two of them. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind to heaven" (2 Kings 2:11).

"By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death; and he was not found because God took him up; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God" (Hebrews 11:5).

No:
"And no one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven, even the Son of Man" (John 3:13)

You shouldnt read scriptures out of context

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

The gist of John 3:12-13 is this: “I'm teaching you earthly things and you still don't understand. What if i start teaching you things about heaven. None of your earthly teachers can really teach you about heaven, because none of them have actually been there. However, I have been there. In fact, it is My home. I have come to you from heaven, and I have brought with Me experiential knowledge of that place. My testimony carries weight; I can tell you the truth about salvation.”
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by Peacefullove: 5:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
MizJanet:

grin grin grin
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2017
MizJanet:

Very Good , you have just proved that your Jesus Lied in john 3:13 .

Jesus didnt lie
You must understand the context of the scripture
He was teaching Nichodemus earthly things and he was not believing.
So He drew the fact that if he is not believing earthly things .. then how will he believe heavenly things when He starts talking about them (verse 12)
So Jesus made him understand that none of the teachers have been to Heaven except Him

That was what Jesus meant
And not that nobody has gone to Heaven before
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by MizJanet(f): 6:21am On Jan 28, 2017
Junia:

Jesus didnt lie
You must understand the context of the scripture
He was teaching Nichodemus earthly things and he was not believing.
So He drew the fact that if he is not believing earthly things .. then how will he believe heavenly things when He starts talking about them (verse 12)
So Jesus made him understand that none of the teachers have been to Heaven except Him

That was what Jesus meant
And not that nobody has gone to Heaven before

But man, you can lie sha . " NO MAN has ever been to heaven " , how does that translate to NO teacher has been to heaven ?
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 28, 2017
MizJanet:

But man, you can lie sha . " NO MAN has ever been to heaven " , how does that translate to NO teacher has been to heaven ?

Yh .. you don't understand
If the Holy Spirit doesn't teach you, you wouldn't know
When Jesus said we should eat His body and drink His blood, does that mean we should go and look for His body and blood
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by MizJanet(f): 11:53am On Jan 28, 2017
Junia:

Yh .. you don't understand
If the Holy Spirit doesn't teach you, you wouldn't know

Abeg, its very clear NO man. , NO MAN , not just teacher, NO MAN has ever been to heaven except him. Thats what he says

When Jesus said we should eat His body and drink His blood, does that mean we should go and look for His body and blood

You can as well tell me when he said Only the son of man came down from heaven in John 3:13 , he doesnt mean it shebi ?
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2017
MizJanet:

Abeg, its very clear NO man. , NO MAN , not just teacher, NO MAN has ever been to heaven except him. Thats what he says

You can as well tell me when he said Only the son of man came down from heaven in John 3:13 , he doesnt mean it shebi ?

He was teaching him earthly things and he wasn't believeing
Anf Jesus saif what if He tell him heavenly things
Note that Nichodemus was a teacher
So Jesus was telling him that among all the teachers He is the only one who has been to heaven.
Read vs 11 nd 12
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 28, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
Did anyone ascend into heaven before Jesus or not?

Genesis 5:24; 2 Kings 2:11 and John 3:13

Yes:
"And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him" (Genesis 5:24).

"Then it came about as they were going along and talking, that behold, there appeared a chariot of fire and horses of fire which separated the two of them. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind to heaven" (2 Kings 2:11).

"By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death; and he was not found because God took him up; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God" (Hebrews 11:5).

No:
"And no one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven, even the Son of Man" (John 3:13)

There were all taken to where Abraham and all righteousmen where taken before Jesus created the way.
Jesus death and resurrection created the way to heaven.
Re: Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 28, 2017
obaobirin:
The bible doesn't contradict itself.
It has expressly stated that "And no one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven, even the Son of Man" (John 3:13)

Others that were taken to heaven by the agency of God's influence

While on the other hand

Jesus being God (John 1vs 1-end) (colossians 1 vs 11, Colossians 2 vs9) himself released the force of gravity holding him down--thereby the word ASCENDED (to mount, go upward -all by yourself..)

Go check that scripture well, it stated that though Jesus was on earth talking with Nicodemus he was also in heaven.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The True Definition Of Athiesm / Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Nwobodo wasn't a Faithful Anglican, PDP to APC wont save him– Bishop Chukwuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.